General Discussion Race Reports! » Spin off Spadina Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Spin off Spadina Triathlon - Olympic Distance - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canada
Saskatoon Triathlon Club Inc.
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Women 20-29
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 41m 34s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 46s / 100 meters
Comments:

I was really nervous going into the swim, but tried to relax and swim at an easy pace. I felt good after the first lap even though I kept getting kicked by Nick. I found it good to be able to stand between laps as I was able to empty the goggles, but it was tough to get back into a rhythm.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I swam until my hands hit sand before standing up. I waited to take my cap and goggles off until I had my wetsuit down to my waist. It had started to rain so I skipped to socks with the bike shoes. Took a gel and knock the lid off the box of the person next to me (sorry amg, I tried to put the lid back on the best I could). Then I was off.
Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 40 kms
  • 28.24 km/hr
Comments:

I felt really good on the bike even though I had never ridden in the rain. The first lap was great, I pushed hard in the big ring on down hill at the end and I think this threw me off a bit because coming out of the transition turn around for the second lap my legs felt like stone climbing up that little hill. After I hit the gate on the way out for the second lap I was feeling normal again and just kept pushing. At around kilometer 35 I heard some thunder, and then as I pulled into transition was told that I couldn’t continue because of the weather.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 kms
  •  min/km
Post race
Warm down:

I tried to warm-up.

Event comments:

The lake had really warmed up, but the weeds were out of control. I was surprised at the strong smell/taste of the boat exhaust along the first stretch of the course. There were rumors of leeches in the water/on people after the race. I’m glad I didn't hear about this before or my mind would have been wondering more than usual, but I may have had a faster time being motivated to get the heck out of the lake. Also, the course was supposedly measured 350 meters too long.

I was and still am dissapointed about not getting to finish, but the race director made the right call because the weather was getting dangerous.

The awards banquet/BBQ was good, I won $40 from the random cash envelops, thanks Terry for bring this to my attention, I owe you a coffee.

Last updated: 2007-04-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:41:34 | 1500 meters | 02m 46s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:25:00 | 40 kms | 28.24 km/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 00 kms |  min/km
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-06-18 5:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Sask.
Subject: Spin off Spadina Triathlon - Olympic Distance
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Spin off Spadina Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed