General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - Run3.5 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Boston, Massachusetts
United States
JPMorgan Chase
85F / 29C
Overcast
Total Time = 34m 10s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Took the T. Found out my mp3 player was out of battery. Was hoping to sprint to the finish with the "2001 Overture" like last year. Oh well. Kept hydrating - drank 1/2 a bottle of diluted Welch's tropical fruit juice. Ran late. Jogged from T station to company team meeting area, and found out they'd already headed to race start. Missed group photo. Found swadland. Dropped off stuffs in his car.
Event warmup:

Jogged a few hundred yards.
Walked to swadland's car then to start line. Stretched out while waiting. It was warm and humid.
Run
  • 34m 10s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 09m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

Imagine a Boston Marathon squeezed into a 3.5 mile route. I have been doing this race for several years and I knew how bad it can be. To avoid getting stuck in human-traffic, I lined up by the the 8 min/mile area. Not a bad idea coz walkers were up at the 6 min/mile line. It was already close to 2 minutes after gun when I got to the start line - and there were people walking.

10 steps after the start line the crowd entered a bottleneck where we turn left from Charles St. onto Beacon: the 3-lane road became a 2-lane road at the turn. I was stucked there for about a minute before we got to move again.

Felt great on the run. Took some water at the first 2 stations - mainly to pour over my body to cool down. Time seemed to have passed quicker than that of the last few years. Arrived the 1/2-way point feeling strong. After the turn around, did some sprint/slow run intervals at alternating blocks. Back to Charles St, and sprinted to finish.
Post race
Warm down:

Stood aside and stretched while waiting for swadland

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too crowded, and the bottleneck at the beginning.
Was hoping to do 33:15. But was stucked for almost a minute when started.

Event comments:

can't believe I think a run race is "easy" :)

Last updated: 2007-05-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:10 | 03.5 miles | 09m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Mile 1 = 11:03 (152) Mile 2 = 9:23 (171) Mile 3 to finish (1.5 mile) = 13:44 (176)
Course: From the Charles St between Boston Common and Public Garden, left onto Beacon St, left onto Arlington St, right onto Comm Ave and turn back at the Citco sign.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized?
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-06-28 10:11 PM

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

2007-06-29 8:27 AM
in reply to: #865413

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago, Il
Subject: RE: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge
Nice job. It was quite hot out there last night. I was closer to the back and took forever to get onto Beacon street. In fact, it took so long, I didn't start my watch until I'd almost made the turn! Hope to see you again soon at Walden ...
2007-06-29 8:57 AM
in reply to: #865413

User image

Master
CT
Subject: RE: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

"can't believe I think a run race is "easy" "

this is a really good thing!!

congrats on a great race

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed