United States
Atlanta Track Club
Sunny
Total Time = 51m 18s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early per the usual and ate a banana and headed for Marta. I drank a boost about 40 minutes before race start and ate a gu 15 minutes before.
Event warmup:

Walking from Marta to the start. Lite stretching while waiting.
Run
  • 51m 18s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

For the effort I put into the race I'm okay with the outcome. The first 3 miles or so I really wasn't racing at all..in fact I told myself this is just a training run. I wasn't feeling good..my legs were so sore and the rest of me felt off. After I got to the top of 'cardiac climb' I was like okay..I'm not even out of breathe. Maybe I could try a little harder. Well it was almost mile 5 when I decided this in fact was a race and I was starting to feel better. SO I kicked it in and had a strong finish. I don't feel regreat for not really pushing myself in the beginning because I think I was doing all I could. This was my 2nd run in two weeks on really sore legs. Not too bad. Besides for not trying and this being my 2nd fastest 10k time I have to feel pretty good about that.
What would you do differently?:

Race.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked/Ran back to my house which is about 1.5 to 2 miles from the Park. Then walked from the Park up to 10th and Peachtree to have some after race drinks. Note to self..maybe eat something before getting tipsy at 9:30 AM.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My legs were really sore (to the touch) before the race. Probably shouldn't have ran as hard as I did on Monday but I was just so excited to be running again. Those excuses aside..I did what I could on that day. I could have pushed harder and really raced and put forth the effort I know I'm capable of..I just didn't.

Event comments:

As always this race is just fun. The crowd support is amazing and really makes this an excellent race. Being on the fourth most people are in good spirits and are there to really have a good time..it's not as serious as other races.

Last updated: 2007-06-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:18 | 06.2 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Sunny and warm. Downhill the first couple miles then back up hill to finish on 10th street.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-07-05 8:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Peachtree Road Race 10K

2007-07-05 9:07 AM
in reply to: #872518

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: Peachtree Road Race 10K
Nice run yesterday, Amy...and great seeing you at J&J's after the fact...nothing like getting tipsy @ 9:30AM, eh?
2007-07-05 9:33 AM

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Congrats! I'm happy that you walked away from the race pleased with your results for the effort you put into it. You're definitely getting stronger and faster, and after coming back from a forced lay-off you did awesome!
2007-07-05 1:56 PM

User image

you too are amazingly fast.  i can't believe your progress over the year.   well, actually, i can given your work.
2007-07-05 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Great race Aimster, especially 2 weeks after surgury where technically you weren't even supposed to run until July 5th.   Your progress is obvious, and at Chattanooga in two weeks, you should be setting a nice PR.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree Road Race 10K Rss Feed