Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Stretch and jog a few laps around football feild
Swim
  • 31m 34s
  • 1560 meters
  • 02m 01s / 100 meters
Comments:

Definitely could feel the lack of swim training and ended up feeling short of breath more than I should have
What would you do differently?:

Train more and sight better
Transition 1
  • 01m 51s
Comments:

Took my time through transition...sat down, put on socks, put on bandanna etc.

Nothing on this race. I wasn't in too much of a hurry and I took my time to get everything right on this one since it wasn't a 'race' for me.
Bike
  • 1h 30m 3s
  • 25.49 miles
  • 16.98 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt pretty good climbing the hills but I definitely need to get some weight off to compete on the bike.

Train more
Transition 2
  • 02m 10s
Comments:

Didn't have speed laces so it was a slow Transition again. Took my time to get a drink or two
Run
  • 1h 06m 3s
  • 6.22 miles
  • 10m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

I feel like I left it all on the bike. Headed out of T2 I knew i was in trouble and my first mile split was no encouragement. I thought I may be able to pick it up once I got my legs under me but it just started falling apart from there. Definite evidence of lack of base and training.

Train more.
Post race
Warm down:

2 Bottles of water. Walked around and then sat down and took a 10 minute nap. Ate some pizza and a bar. 2 Beers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training

Event comments:

This is still my favorite race and I liked the new bike course. I just haven't had the time to train with buying a new house and moving etc.

Last updated: 2007-07-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:34 | 1560 meters | 02m 01s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1100
Performance: Average
Suit: None
Course: Fairly simple point to point swim. Current was low or none this year The swim course is a point to point course beginning at the UTC Rowing Center. Swim down river to exit at the terrace on the waterfront across from Ross Landing (transition area.)
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 85F / 29C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Below average
T1
Time: 01:51
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:30:03 | 25.49 miles | 16.98 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: Very hilly course out and back with lots of long slow climbs. 2,627 feet of climbing! The 2007 bike course leaves the transition left onto Riverfront Parkway, left onto ML King, onto Hwy 27 North, turnaround just before Hwy 153, exit Hwy 27 onto ML King, right on ML King, right on Riverside/Riverfront, end at Transition at Ross Landing Park.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 85
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 02:10
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Below average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
01:06:03 | 06.22 miles | 10m 37s  min/mile
Performance: Bad
MILE 1 9:27 MILE 2 9:38 MILE 3.2 12:51 (1.2 miles) MILE 4 11:08 MILE 5 11:26 MILE 6 11:25
Course: 10K Course out and back with some hills at beggining and end. 421 total climbing feet Run Course: Runners exit the transition east side, onto Chestnut Street. The course goes North on Chestnut, taking a quick right onto Riverfront Parkway. At the top of the hill, angle left onto the Veterans Bridge exit ramp. Cross under the High Street overpass. Immediately after crossing under the Riverwalk bridge, turn left, up the steps. Continue bending to the left onto the Riverwalk and across the bridge that you just passed under. After crossing Veterans Bridge / Georgia Avenue, turn left onto the first access sidewalk on your left, then a quick right onto Battery Place. Stay on Battery Place until the bottom of the hill (at Mabel) where you get back on the Riverwalk proper. From this point, the course follows the Riverwalk. The 5k turnaround is located roughly 3/10 mile past the Curtain Pole parking area and bathroom.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Too much
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-07-17 9:51 AM

Franklin, TN
Subject: Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon

2007-07-17 10:51 AM
in reply to: #889013

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon
Nice job, even with your stated lack of training. This race is one of my favorites too. regarding your warm up of "Stretch and jog a few laps around football field ", that was perfect. They should hand out some information to all the participants that a warmup like that should be done by everyone prior to their swim start.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon Rss Feed