Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Who did Niagara? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-22 1:32 PM

Subject: Who did Niagara?
So, who did the Niagara (Grimsby) triathlon? How did it go for you? And how was The Hill? I did the try a tri. The bke and run course were good, but the swim.....I was disappointed and angry as a large # of people were motioning like their upper body was swimming but they were WALKING/ RUNNING!!! you could touch bottom as the course went along shore. These people were often in groups and pulling each other so you can only imagine what it did to those of us who were actually swimming. Lesson learned on my part. I need to step it up and get into sprints. Hope everyone had a good race.

2007-07-23 10:10 AM
in reply to: #895847

Regular
, British Columbia
Subject: RE: Who did Niagara?
I did the try a tri this week as well. I started in the first wave and was near the front so I didn't really see anyone walking/swimming. The bike and run course were good nice and flat.
2007-07-23 10:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Guelph
I did the Sprint, boy was that water cold!!!! Saw a bit of the walk but not much in the Sprint overall. The Hill is a MONSTER I thought 6th line hill in Milton was daunting this was a killer. Still I managed a good race, aside from the Hill it was a very nice bike course, and the run through the trails and along the lake was amazing. Overlall a great event and venue I will do it again.
2007-07-23 11:49 AM

I did the Du. It was my first event. I finished it so that was my first goal. The hill was tough.
My right calf muscle cramped on me at about 18 kn on the bike. I could only peddle with my left leg for about the next 2 km after that. But all together I had a great time. It was a great expirence, and now I kno what to look for, and how to improve from here on out. I plan on doing another Du this summer, and then hit the tri's next year.
2007-08-12 10:50 AM

User image

I did the sprint.
Water was cold but I only noticed when arriving at my bike at T1, I could stand on my feet.
Was so dizzy...
The hill was tough that's for sure. But the problem is that it is too crowded.
I personally did not like the fact that 1km on the run was trails. Trails are great but it really cut the rhythm and the footing was not that great. We could have done without.
But overall a great race.
1 thumb up.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Who did Niagara? Rss Feed