Trifitness
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 42m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F25-29
Age Group Rank = 5/23
Pre-race routine:

Got to race early but still second on rack. Set up transition area and chatted with friends.
Event warmup:

First time I ever warmed up before a race -1 mile run and 10 min bike practicing shoes on and off
Swim
  • 19m 20s
  • 1750 yards
  • 01m 06s / 100 yards
Comments:

Fastest time overall (men and women...I love beating all the guys!). Felt controlled, only went anarobic on the beach run going into the 2nd 1/2 mile (that was hard!). Strokes felt strong and easy. Used the corkscrew technique in rounding buoys which worked well.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing...it was a good swim
Transition 1
  • 00m 50s
Comments:

First time I did T1 with bike shoes already clipped in. YAY! Went very smoothly which was good.

Nothing
Bike
  • 1h 11m 20s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 20.90 mile/hr
Comments:

Dropped almost 4 min off my bike split versus last year. Bike felt strong, though had a little cramping in my lower back on the left side.

Drink more. I thought I was drinking enough but my sips were too small I think. I still had about 1/2 bottle of Infinit left going into T2 (dropped almost 5 lbs during race)
Transition 2
  • 01m 3s
Comments:

Undoing shoes while riding worked well, but got a little rib muscle cramp while doing this. Luckily it wased up after about 10 sec. This was my first motocross exit off the bike. I think I should have slowed down a little more because I almost fell over when I flew off. I got confused as to where I racked and went to the wrong row at first, then I knocked the guys bike racking next to me which made his handlebars hit him in the head. Then I was on the wrong side of the rack for my sneakers and had to run around to get them. Then ran off about 3 steps and turned around when I realized I needed my race belt. Finally, forgot to grab my inhaler which was not a good thing....

THINK! see above.
Run
  • 1h 10m 23s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

Ok, so the time is pathetic!!! Had I even gone 58 min I would have gone sub 2:30!!!!!!!
About 1/2 mile in (I was leading the womens race at this point) I had an asthma attack. I kept running till the 1.5 mile mark but just could not breath anymore and was getting dizzy. So, I had to stop running and walk the rest of the course (note that I suffered an asthma attack in the same race last year and DNF) but I gutted it out and finished...I am just really upset because I was having such a great race and it got blown at the end.

Bring my asthma spray. Also, going to go to my pulminologist this week and figure out what I can do to make this stop happening.
Post race
Warm down:

Med tent for O2. Also, they hooked me up to an EKG to make sure I did not have a long QT interval since my pulse was very high (yet had been walking for the last hour!)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Breathing! Also, should have drank more on bike.

Event comments:

The heavy humidity coupled with the pollution of Bridgeport does not help my breathing (even though the race is on the water). However, Mossman always puts on terrific events. Very well staffed and great goodie bags and dry-wick T-shirts for all. I even won a fuel belt for the worst bonk of the race!

Last updated: 2007-07-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:20 | 1750 yards | 01m 06s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/23
Overall: 1/
Performance: Good
Suit: full wetsuit
Course: two 1/2 mile loops that include a run in shallow water to round buoy at waters edge.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:50
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:11:20 | 24.85 miles | 20.90 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/23
Overall: 0/
Wind: Cross-winds
Course: 5 loops on flat course. Strong cross winds.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:03
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
01:10:23 | 06.21 miles | 11m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/23
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Course: 2 flat 5K loops
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-08-26 2:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stamford, CT
Subject: Park City Mossman Triathlon

2007-08-26 3:14 PM
in reply to: #940698

Veteran
Subject: RE: Park City Mossman Triathlon
hey, I rased there too, where can I find the results? thanks!
2007-08-26 5:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stamford, CT
They will be posted at teammossman.com in the next day or so. I remembered most of my splits from the posted results at the race...but that's why I'm missing seconds and places in some areas. How did you do?
2007-08-26 6:18 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Glad to surrender my medic to you; road rash is a temporary inconvenience, you needed attention! I noticed how you looked during the run and, must say, could easily tell you were hurting. I hit the wall around mile 4.5 and had to back it down from an already pathetic run pace. My HRM went from 160 to 174 and I could tell I was going nowhere. After about 15 min, I could manage to step it up again, but from a crawl to a "faster crawl".

2007-08-26 7:04 PM

User image

My first oly - - what a great race. I had the same sequence you had: strong swim (although I was one of those guys you enjoyed passing); pretty decent bike; horrible run. Seemed very humid to me, but maybe I am just making excuses
2007-08-26 8:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stamford, CT
Pitt-was that you in the med tent post race with me? Road rash sucks -where did you fall?

2007-08-27 7:28 AM
in reply to: #941254

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Just after the far water stop during the first lap. That sidewalk was covered with sand / clamshells and I caught a shoe on an un-even patch of sidewalk and tripped. Went down like a ton of bricks (Duh, I AM a ton of bricks!). Other body parts hurt worse than the road rash. I almost volunteered my Albuterol which was back in transition, but I'm sure the medics frown on sharing prescription meds.
2007-08-27 9:15 AM

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut

Hey I think I have just clicked who you are you were the the rack next to me I think?. You mentioned you got there early but still missed out on the end rack, that was me the tall guy with the Red and Black Scott bike and the trifitness race uniform we were joking that I had camped over night 8-). You are freakin fast I had a really good swim in the first wave and couldn't believe your bike was gone when I got in.

I had problems on the run too, that course is tough to race as the bike really takes it out of you being in the aerobars for 25 miles on the flats. Also the humidity was a killer....

2007-08-27 3:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bethpage, New York
Hell of a swim you had there, I'm jealous!!! Nice work in the water, sorry to hear about the troubles on the run.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Park City Mossman Triathlon Rss Feed