Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Superbowl Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-01-28 1:27 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Subject: Superbowl
A few questions.

Who is going to win? What's going to be the score?

Do you watch for the game, or the commercials?

Favorite Superbowl Commercial?

Do you even know who's playing, or even care?

Do you watch it at home or go to parties?

Any good food ideas for the big game?

If it came down to training or the watching the Superbowl, which would you do?

Which is bigger to you, the Superbowl or IM Kona?

Why didn't they ask Peter Reid if he was going to Disneyland after he crossed the finish line at Kona?

My answers:
Carolina is going to win. 24 to 21.

I watch for the commericals.

Favorite Commercial:
The cat herding one - I can't remember the company it was advertising for.

I like football, but I love the Boise State Broncos, college football.

Yes, I know who's playing in it.

I'm going to a Superbowl party at my boss' house.

Food Ideas: DiGiorno Pizza - Spicy Chicken, with some Guiness.

If it came down to it I would watch the Superbowl.

The Superbowl is bigger to me right now.

2004-01-28 1:44 PM
in reply to: #5258

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: Superbowl
Patriots baby!! 24 - 10 for the record. Keep your eye on Ty Law, Ted Bruschi, Seymour, and of course the QT-QB (as he's called in the Herald) Tom Brady. Fauria is finally going to hold on to a pass for a TD instead of dropping it like he's done all year. This will be the first time in many years that I am going to a SB party. Hubby is making chili and nachos but that's not my food and I haven't decided how to handle it yet.

You left out 1 important question:

Pregame entertainment (Aerosmith) or halftime show (Janet Jackson)? Aerosmith baby, it's all about Boston this year!

I can't wait for the parade at city hall!

2004-01-28 1:52 PM
in reply to: #5262

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
TriMom, I had no idea you were a "CHOWD". You got to love those damm Yankees!

I'm sorry, but the over rated QB you have is going to get to much pressure from the D-line, they have been doing it all year, and the Patty's have no chance stop the pass rush, and not to mention the fact you guys have no running game. I'm not a Carolina fan, I'm just realistic. Offense's have been trying to stop Carolina's D-line all year with no success. You can put six on the line, and they'll still only bring four guys and be able to get to Brady.

Sorry.
JR :-(
2004-01-28 2:12 PM
in reply to: #5263

User image

Resident Matriarch
nope, ain't gonna happen. Like I said, watch Bruschi, watch Washington, Seymour, they won't let 'em get thru to Brady.

Actually, the stats Brady and the pats have put together this year are pretty impressive. Even the national media has been comapring him to Joe Montana. Let's see, SB win in his first year off the bench and a trip back 2 years later. He only threw 1 pick at home since the second game. They have not lost a game that they had the lead in all year. 10 of the teams they beat this year had a winning record of beating 10 teams or more. So they did not beat up on a bunch of no ones. The 2 teams they lost to were the Bills and the Redskins, both teams with a crappy season. Pretty flukey.

Keep your eye on Antowain Smith. He ran for over a hundred yards last week for maybe the 2nd time this season. He's just warming up! LOL The 14 game winning streak is not about to end with the panthers!

Almost forgot, did you see what that defense did to Manning? Made him look like a college kid trying to play in the big league. Keep that visual in mind

Help me out here Mike!
Ellen

Edited by TriMom217 2004-01-28 2:13 PM
2004-01-28 7:23 PM

User image

New Hampshire
GO pats.

anyone questioning them needs to be totally ignored as they are clearly clueless.

Its a team game and they are a team - no superstars - just putitng it all on the line for each other.

The defensive is simply awesome and can change so quickly that the opposition cannot call the audibles in time to do anything and the offense will keep at it and score as many points as they need to win.

end off.

I shall be watching it at home because I have a car pick up at 4.30am to go to the airport the next day. ouch
2004-01-29 6:06 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Hopefully the game won't be as boring as it sounds like it will be :-) I don't really care who wins this one. I think if Carolina doesn't turn it over they have a great chance. I do appreciate what NE has done as a team though. REminds me of Dallas' superbowl in early 90's when they had a great defenese and know went to the pro bowl. Just great team swarming defense. Indy had 5 turnovers and still had a chance to tie the game at the end.Commercials will be favorite part of this one! I haven't been too impressed the last couple of years!

2004-01-29 8:29 AM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
I think New England will win but will be rooting for Carolina. I am a Dolphins fan who lives in Bills country. We are going to a freinds house to watch the game. The main course will be pulled pork sandwiches. I can't wait for the commercials. Good luck.

ps Ellen, Don't think that the Red Sox luck is going to change just because you got Schilling. Yankees are still the team to beat ;-)
2004-01-29 8:35 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: Yankees????
Yankees???? Did you see the World Series? I was at game 5 in FL and loved it :-) They got beat by a $60mil team :-)
2004-01-29 8:52 AM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Mike

Why are New Englander's so ANGRY? You should be happy that your team is in the Superbowl. Just becuase I don't think they win doesn't mean they won't. Even if they lose, your team made it to the big game. I hope you enjoy watching no matter what the outcome.

JR
2004-01-29 8:59 AM

User image

New Hampshire
Angry?

LMAO – its not even my favorite sport!! I just happened to support them from years ago and now live here!! I guess a lot of people have seen the Pats play very well this year and just get totally ignored by the media. So the attitude here has been well screw you lot.

If they lose I won’t be too bothered – hey I follow the sox as well – I’m used to losing!
2004-01-29 12:45 PM
in reply to: #5357

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
I agree the Pat's don't get a lot of love from the media. I think the reason why is because they don't have any loud mouth players. They just have players that let their play do the talking. The media is fascinated on the players that talk a lot of trash, and get into trouble.

2004-01-29 1:19 PM

User image

New Hampshire
Don’t get me started on the media. I have a hate hate relationship with them and think that Rupert Murdoch is the most evil man of the last 50 years. Its scary.

It’s made worse by the fact that my BIL is a journo. Luckily he does property and travel!!

Anyway Pats to win – I’ll watch the game at home with a few beers and a big fire then head off to the lone star state on Monday morning to celebrate!!!
2004-01-29 2:01 PM
in reply to: #5351

User image

Resident Matriarch
I'm still holding my breath on the A-Rod/Ramirez deal. Buh bye Man-child. There was a reason Millar was on tv saying (3 mos ago) next season he was fielding the ball from A-Rod not Nomah.

I'll take Schilling, Pedro, Lowe, Wakefield, and Kim in my rotation any day. Then they sweet talked Folke away from Oakland.....sweet! How many holes have the Yankees plugged? Clemens gone, Pettitte gone, Aaron 'bleepin' Boone......

hard to believe 96 wins wasn't enough to win the division. This year ought to be interesting.

2004-01-29 2:05 PM
in reply to: #5308

User image

Resident Matriarch
Dan Marino is as clueless as anyone could be about this team. He has picked against the Pats for 5 straight games now. Can't seem to get it that this team is going to win, huh Dan?

I'm revising my call...34-10, up from 24. It could very well be a rout as are so many of these games.

2004-01-29 2:06 PM
in reply to: #5353

User image

Resident Matriarch
Subject: RE: Yankees????
you can thank the Red Sox for plowing thru the NY pitching staff for that series loss to the Marlins.

does that sentence make sense? I can't tell......

2004-01-29 2:34 PM
in reply to: #5408

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
WOW! You know your baseball!

I can't believe you don't like MAN-RAM. Dude sounds like he's a cancer.

Your pitching staff is impressive, but can they hold up?

Its going to be a fun year to watch. Look out for SD Padres in the NL.

2004-01-29 2:57 PM
in reply to: #5413

User image

Resident Matriarch
I like my baseball even more than my football. 162 games of pure bliss. The overpaid cry babies are a bit hard to take sometimes. They get paid to play a GAME for pete's sake!

I wanted to name my son Roger Clemens G, but my husband was having none of it He is arguably one of the best pitchers ever, in spite of all the lies he tells (I wanna be closer to home and going to Toronto, and yeah, I'm retiring).

But wouldn't most guys love to have a wife who wants to watch NFL all weekend and Sox every night? Not my husband, drives him nuts. I call him a sports-widower. The only thing I like better than watching sports is playing them myself. And I don't see me on the diamond any time in the future, although I did play in Little League as a kid. One of the first girls "allowed" in, and also played ice hockey the year we got the girls league started around here....1976.

While Manny's not as bad as Carl Everett was as far as being a cancer, he's still detrimental to the team. Can you imagine Belichik putting up with someone like Man-Child? For 20+ million bucks there sure isn't a lot of bang there. Around here they're saying Belichik should manage ALL of our professional teams LOL

2004-01-29 5:09 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Trimom- I wish my wife knew just a little bit of what you did. She still calls a homerun a touchdown! But she does try. She does like the Tour de france and Lance though. There are still some holes the Yankees need to fill but you know George will spend the money.
2004-01-29 5:50 PM

User image

New user
Air Force Base in Texas
I don't care about the Superbowl but hubby does and we'll watch it at a friends house and I would rather train then watch TV.
KONA by far is more important to me. KONA is the 2005 goal. It seems so far and yet so close.

I love the frog, lizard, ferret old Budweiser commercials. I love the Bud bowl. However I have no clue if they still do the Bud bowl.

Food ideas- veges for me or strawberries wth a dip. Dip is strawberry yogurt and whip cream, mix. Also very god is whip cream, bananas, and the classic nilla wafers.

Ooooooh, another favorite is sushi. Expensive but frst timers get hoked on some of the sushi.

Good question why didn't they ask Peter Reid. However, did they ask Bowden?
2004-01-29 6:24 PM
in reply to: #5427

User image

Resident Matriarch
and I wish my husband appreciated a wife who loves sports. Oh well.....in a perfect world I guess. Funny tho, he'll ask me to do his weekly picks and not tell anyone they are mine! LOL

When I finally finish school and get a full-time teaching job, I am going to spend my first summer going from ball park to ball park.

2004-01-30 11:22 AM

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Football, shmootball.

I'm counting the days 'til spring training. Live and breath baseball for about 8 months of every year!

But when it comes to football, I am Switzerland!!

Dana

2004-01-30 11:39 AM

User image

New Hampshire
Lets talk real football – you know – the kind where you use your feet!!

COME ON YOU REDS.

Gonna wipe our blue cousins out Saturday!!

Liverpool FC – by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

YNWA!
2004-01-30 12:59 PM
in reply to: #5520

User image

Resident Matriarch
yer kidding, right?? say it ain't so Mikey, say it ain't so!

2004-01-30 1:30 PM
in reply to: #5526

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
The Pats have a PR problem...all they do is WIN!!! I can not remember a francise with 3 supper bowl appernces in 7 years with fewer Pro Bowl votes. This TEAM is on the verge of history. They are showing the NFL how to win as a team not as supperstars. Granted outside of NE this team probably looks like the NJ Devils trap defence, but football is 4 tons of mussle moving on a green chess board at frightning speeds.

Ok now the good part

-Pats 17-10
-Watch for the love of the game
-Michale and Larry playing hoop
-Of corse I know who is playing
-Forced to stay at home to watch the kids while my wife works a double. She may notcare about the game but realizes some people do
-my diet goes out the window again for this game..Loaded skins, cuccumber dip/chips and nocho dip
-Will watch the game
-Kona?

Last but not least..Trimom having an opposite in your life makes life intersting. My wife is somewhat like your husband sounds and all I know is she adds great ballance to my life. My family is the most important thing to me and she keeps me grounded. For her I hope I keep her looking at the stars. PS will you be attending the victory parade?
2004-01-30 1:52 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
I think it might be kind of hard for her to get to Carolina.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Superbowl Rss Feed  

of 2