Age Group Rank = 3/85
Event warmup:

jogged for 20 minutes
Run
  • 38m 2s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Weather was unseasonably gorgeous today. I felt great. No knee soreness, which was a problem two days ago and I felt pretty good about my pace. There was a big turnout. It think they gave out 2000 numbers, though some were for the fun walk. It took a while to get through the crowd in the beginning, but I hit the first mile mark at a comfortable cruising pace and really just felt like I was able to stay at a steady effort throughout.
They didn't call out pace times, so I really have no idea, but I felt as though I handled my pace well. I had just enough left in me to finish with a strong pace and nothing left when I crossed the line. Based on my two recent 5k's at about 7:35 pace, I expected to finish at 7:45 pace, so I was very happy to discover I finish about 10s per mile faster. I'm sure this very flat course helped.

Come to find out, by some odd stroke of chance, I placed third in my age group. Turns out I was the 35th of 708 females, which was way better than I would have thought. It's almost like I'm starting to become a runner. This is totally surreal. Two years ago I couldn't make it a 1/2 mile in a jogging-shuffle without breaking to a walk.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched and got a beer. Red Hook was one of the race sponsors - yum!

Last updated: 2007-11-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:02 | 05 miles | 07m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/85
Overall: 239/708
Performance: Good
Course: Flat course in Hammonasset park: down the entrance drive, then back up the drive to Meig's point, and back around to the finish. The road is fairly narrow, it's a big crowd, and there are at least two places where you pass the people ahead and behind you.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-11-22 12:23 PM

User image

Master
Connecticut
Subject: Sound Runner Madison Turkey Trot

2007-11-23 9:40 AM
in reply to: #1065207

User image

Expert
Earth
Subject: RE: Sound Runner Madison Turkey Trot
Wow that was fast.  Good job!  I know I could not have gone that fast even without my DD slowing me down.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sound Runner Madison Turkey Trot Rss Feed