Mystic YMCA
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I watched my daughter the night before, while everyone I else I knew went out drinking (including the SO). I ate my normal oatmeal, drank water, and had my green tea. Drove over to the race, met up with people I knew.
Event warmup:

Talked to people I knew that were running, they all said they were doing the 1 mile run not the 3. Apparently I was the only one doing the 3 miles. Stretched a bit, and then stripped off my warm clothes.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

There were a lot of runners. Took a while to get some free space to take off. It was just a fun run with no official timing. I thought I ran fast. After I passed the turn around I began passing my friends that were still going out, apparently everyone decided to do the 3 mile run, and I just got ahead.

I paced myself well and passed people throughout the run, so I was happy with myself. I felt so good when I got home I rode for a quick 18miles on my bike before all of the Thanksgiving Day activities began.
What would you do differently?:

Bring my watch to time myself.
Post race
Warm down:

Ran down through the parking lot, stripped my shoes, and jumped into the ocean. It was cold. Once you got out of the water, it was great out. I brought extra towels thinking it would be very cold but the weather was awesome, in the mid-50s, later warming into the mid-60s. Waited for everyone I knew and then jumped into the water again.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

I do not remember seeing any drink stations, but it was only 3 miles. I did not need any. I heard that there was food afterwards, but took off before looking for it.

It was great that it was a Turkey Trot & Dip, adds much more to the plain Turkey Trot.

Last updated: 2007-11-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: I run Mason's Island all of the time. Good course, 1 decent sized hill. Perfect weather.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes