Capri Events
33F / 1C
Precipitation
Total Time = 48m 8s
Overall Rank = 1526/3149
Age Group = Female 55-59
Age Group Rank = 11/38
Pre-race routine:

Visiting with family in Chicago. Up at 5:30 AM to get the bones moving. Oatmeal and banana for breakfast.
Event warmup:

It was snowing and freezing cold. Packet pickup lines were slow and backed up. Kelly and I took turns doing warm up laps while we waited in line. Kelly had her own chip so she bailed on me and joined the race right when the starting gun went off. Finally someone felt sorry for those of us still waiting and came down the line telling us what our race number was so we could go to the chip pickup line and get started.
Run
  • 48m 8s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

I guess when an event includes the word "trot" one should know better than to consider it a race. I was at the tail end of the 3149 participants (due to the ridiculous packet/chip pickup lines) so I had the pleasure of trying to wander through a maze of walkers, dogs, strollers, and people just out for a little jog. There were several places on the course where we had to walk because of bottlenecks through narrow tunnels and passes. It had rained all day Wednesday so there were huge "ponds" of water and mud to maneuver through. I realized at the start that this was a "fun run" and not a course to try and PR on. I did pretty decent on the parts where I actually got to run! Kelly finished a full 10 minutes before me ... showoff!
Post race
Warm down:

We went back to packet pickup and got our shirts. Banana and bagel lines were too long and we were freezing to death so we ran to the car and cranked the heater up. The parking lot was CRAZY and it took us an hour just to get out to the road.

Event comments:

My first race in Chicago. It was fun running with my daughter.

Last updated: 2007-10-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:48:08 | 04.97 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/38
Overall: 1526/3149
Performance: Good
Course: Paths in and around Lincoln Park.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-11-22 7:49 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Chicago Turkey Trot 8K

2007-11-22 9:34 PM
in reply to: #1065451

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Chicago Turkey Trot 8K

Sounds like a great family day and a "trot".

A little disorganized, muddy and wet but you still did awesome and had fun with your "speedy" daughter!

Congrats! 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chicago Turkey Trot 8K Rss Feed