Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Visiting Ottawa - where to ride? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-09 1:06 PM

User image

Expert
, New Hampshire
Subject: Visiting Ottawa - where to ride?

Hi there,

I'm visiting friends in Ottawa for a wedding and will be in Ottawa for a week. They live right by Constance Lake - any feedback on OWS there? Any dirt trails around the lake for running?

I'm bringing my bike and would love to get some riding in, any recommendations in the Kanata area for nice, safe rides? I prefer roads with a nice shoulder and not a lot of traffic. They live near Dunrobin/Constance Lake Rd.

May also visit Coyote, which is one of my favorite indoor climbing gyms.

Thanks for any recommendations and tips! My friends aren't into any sports, so they couldn't help me with where to swim/bike/run/hike. They haven't even visited Constance Lake, which seems such a shame!

2012-08-10 10:56 AM
in reply to: #4355342

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Subject: RE: Visiting Ottawa - where to ride?

Gatineau Park is one of the standard riding venues in the area but its accross the river so a bit of a drive from Kanata. 

You'll be sufficiently far away from the city of Ottawa to road bike in the area - I would try riding norht toward Fitzroy Harbour or west toward Mississipi Mills. 

For trail runnnig I'd start with the South March Highland park http://ottawamba.org/cms/march-highlands-map/

2012-08-12 4:38 PM
in reply to: #4355342

User image

Expert
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Visiting Ottawa - where to ride?

Thanks! I don't want to have to drive to ride or run, but I will consider biking to run. Went for a ride today, Sunday's not very busy and out here it's fine not having a shoulder. Most people are considerate and give me space. I noticed March Rd has a nice bike lane, but soooo many stop lights. I think I'll stay out in farm country.

Anyone ever swim at Constance Lake?

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Visiting Ottawa - where to ride? Rss Feed