Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Which race to try -Newbie question Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-25 9:05 PM

Subject: Which race to try -Newbie question
I am about to attempt my first try a tri and was wondering if anyone can give me some course info on Wasaga vs. Milton (Kelso). Races are Sept 12 and Sept 6 respectively.

Thanks

2009-08-25 9:08 PM
in reply to: #2370737

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Subject: RE: Which race to try -Newbie question
I think they are both about the same regarding the hills.  trisprintolympic and I will be at the Milton.  we are going the OLY.

2009-08-26 8:43 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
I just registered for the super sprint at Milton. I haven't extensively gone over the course for Wasaga but to me one of the key differences is the swim. Wasaga is in Georgian bay and Milton is in a small lake. If you're not a good swimmer like me then the smaller lake is preferable ... less likely to have a big chop and will likely be warmer. But if you're a good swimmer then you might like the challenge more.

Best of luck deciding!

2009-08-26 9:58 AM

Niagara Falls
I am a newbie as well and I am doing the Wasaga try a tri since a bunch of friends are going for the duathlon and the 1/2 marathon the next day. I am a fairly good swimmer but I am also worried about the hills but I am told that there are none to worry about, it is pretty flat so I am banking on that! Well, you can PM me if you decide to do it and we can find a way to meet if you are by yourself! I find that a race is always less intimidating if you are not on your own! Best of luck deciding what you are going to do! Either way, I wish you a lot of fun on your first tri!
2009-08-28 10:53 PM

User image

I did Wasaga last year and the hills are just rolling. Nothing big to worry about. If this year is anything like last year they will move the swim to the river (Georgian bay is pretty wavy sometimes) and it's super calm in there. Other than that the only thing that is different from any other tri's that I have done is there is a little bit of the run course on the sand, but apparenlty they have changed the run course sligthly so that may be gone.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Which race to try -Newbie question Rss Feed