Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Weekend swiming in the GTA Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-04 11:12 AM

Veteran
Toronto
Subject: Weekend swiming in the GTA
We live in downtown Toronto and all the community pools are crammed tight with "floaters" on the weekends. We're looking for a pool with lane swimming, not too crowded, on Sundays or Saturdays within reasonable driving distance. Any suggestions?

2009-01-12 5:55 PM
in reply to: #1838501

Subject: RE: Weekend swiming in the GTA
How about the Y?  I use the one in Scarborough and there is always lane swimming available.  Believe without a membership a day pass is $5
2009-01-13 1:44 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

I belong to a gym in the high park area where the pool has decent hours and isn't always busy but it is mostly family time on the weekends. So i try to avoid that too.

I also suggest the Y.   I haven't checked it out personally but the Y on Grosvenor st has a pool that looks like it has lane swim both early morning and in the afternoons on the weekends - with kiddie swimming taking up the mid-morning. Might be worth checking out if you haven't.

I know most of the triathletes in my neighbourhood head over to the city-run Swansea pool for swimming (but I haven't ventured there yet).

And, pretty unhelpfully, I am suggesting checking out the Toronto Triathlon Club's page because they have group swims but last time i looked they were all booked up and I am not even sure if it was on the weekend.

2009-01-21 3:59 PM

Veteran
Toronto
Thanks, I also just had the JCC at Bloor and Spadina recommended, lots of lanes and it's salt water - just don't know how much a day pass is yet.

2009-04-10 1:47 PM

New user

I use the YMCA Downtown it always has 3 lanes open High, Med, and slow.   If I want to go hard I use the U of T pool as it is a 50m pool, but I have not been to it on the weekends yet.   The U of T tri club does a Sunday swim but I have not had time to check them out yet. 
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Weekend swiming in the GTA Rss Feed