Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2013-10-24 11:02 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Originally posted by deehtz

Originally posted by ironannekidd

DH felt really good Tuesday, but then yesterday after lunch, his gut started bothering him again.  This morning his gut feels better but he feels just drained and exhausted.  If he is not better tomorrow, I guess we will call dr. 

Has he been able to eat or drink much?

He has eaten 1/2 of usual amount.  He is drinking his water & tea.  Yesterday he ate breakfast and lunch.  I don't know if he ate his afternoon snack, but dinner was just cheese & crackers.

Dang! that is a long time to feel bad. Hope he feels better ASAP!

2013-10-24 11:14 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Dee, I took your "advise" and got a Gold membership, too.

2013-10-25 4:42 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Good morning Ghoulies!

Remember yesterday morning when we were talking about how cold it was?

Yeah...

Yesterday afternoon was the Fall Fest at the middle school. Keri is involved in the organization that puts it on, and I volunteered to help. I thought it was in the gym. It wasn't. It was outside on the playground/parking lot. After work I ran home to grab the pumpkins I was donating. I had on a sweatshirt, and grabbed a windbreaker. When I got to the school the thermometer in my car said it was 45 outside, and it was windy. I was outside from 1:30 until 5:00, I was a popsicle.

The kiddos in the MS won tickets to play games by doing different things. At the school they have what they call "gotcha's" teachers/administrators give them out. You can get them by doing anything from getting 100% on a test to helping someone pick up their dropped books in the hallway. They are given out randomly, and for good deeds. The playground was setup like a carnival. There were all sorts of games, there was pumpkin painting, you could make a bracelet, they had popcorn and caramel apples. They had 3 artists from the HS come over to do face painting. Instead of using money you paid for the games or food with the tickets you earned. I was at the prize table. At all of the games you won tickets with points on the back, the better you did the higher the point total. The kids could then come over to my table and trade in their points for prizes. The beginning of the carnival I was not busy, by the end I was swamped!

While we were setting up Keri was outside with her gym class. She, along with just a few other girls, were out there in only their gym shorts and t-shirts. Most of the boys had on sweatpants or a sweatshirt. I took off the sweatshirt I had on and gave it to Keri to put on. They were practicing for the Turkey Trot the school will be doing in a few weeks. She ran a 7:04 mile. Caleb ran it earlier in the day in 5:44. I wish I had their speed.

Anyway... by the time Keri and I got home I was frozen, and she had soccer practice. She changed clothes, grabbed an apple, and her and Donnie headed out the door. I made a pizza for me and the boy, paid bills, and then took a long hot bath. I went to bed mega early then, too. No run for me last night. I will get my log, and the spreadsheet updated tonight though.

2013-10-25 6:14 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Wow, as Pooh would say, "it is a blustery day". Cold too. I am watching the leaves ZOOM past my dark window. They are like giant bats flying by. They appear out of nowhere, and zoom by in just the light shining outside from the window.

Yesterday work got away from me. But that is a good thing since I haven't put in a full day of work in nearly 3 weeks. I am getting a big project out of the way this am (fingers crossed) and then I can get caught up on all the other stuff I need to do.

2013-10-25 6:15 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

Yesterday afternoon was the Fall Fest at the middle school. Keri is involved in the organization that puts it on, and I volunteered to help. I thought it was in the gym. It wasn't. It was outside on the playground/parking lot. After work I ran home to grab the pumpkins I was donating. I had on a sweatshirt, and grabbed a windbreaker. When I got to the school the thermometer in my car said it was 45 outside, and it was windy. I was outside from 1:30 until 5:00, I was a popsicle.

The kiddos in the MS won tickets to play games by doing different things. At the school they have what they call "gotcha's" teachers/administrators give them out. You can get them by doing anything from getting 100% on a test to helping someone pick up their dropped books in the hallway. They are given out randomly, and for good deeds. The playground was setup like a carnival. There were all sorts of games, there was pumpkin painting, you could make a bracelet, they had popcorn and caramel apples. They had 3 artists from the HS come over to do face painting. Instead of using money you paid for the games or food with the tickets you earned. I was at the prize table. At all of the games you won tickets with points on the back, the better you did the higher the point total. The kids could then come over to my table and trade in their points for prizes. The beginning of the carnival I was not busy, by the end I was swamped!

While we were setting up Keri was outside with her gym class. She, along with just a few other girls, were out there in only their gym shorts and t-shirts. Most of the boys had on sweatpants or a sweatshirt. I took off the sweatshirt I had on and gave it to Keri to put on. They were practicing for the Turkey Trot the school will be doing in a few weeks. She ran a 7:04 mile. Caleb ran it earlier in the day in 5:44. I wish I had their speed.

Anyway... by the time Keri and I got home I was frozen, and she had soccer practice. She changed clothes, grabbed an apple, and her and Donnie headed out the door. I made a pizza for me and the boy, paid bills, and then took a long hot bath. I went to bed mega early then, too. No run for me last night. I will get my log, and the spreadsheet updated tonight though.

I love the idea of Gtocha's! Sounds like tons of fun, outside of being cold!

Your kids are fast. If one of them ones to donate some of their zoom, I'll take a bit

2013-10-25 6:21 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ceilidh

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

Your kids are fast. If one of them ones to donate some of their zoom, I'll take a bit

Both of their times surprised me! And the first 3/4 of the run was in the grass, up a hill, along the woods, down a hill, up a hill, across the parking lot, onto the track where they ran 3/4 a lap to finish. Keri finished about 4th total, she was the first girl.

2013-10-25 6:37 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

Both of their times surprised me! And the first 3/4 of the run was in the grass, up a hill, along the woods, down a hill, up a hill, across the parking lot, onto the track where they ran 3/4 a lap to finish. Keri finished about 4th total, she was the first girl.

I am not surprised at all.

2013-10-25 6:56 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

I am not surprised at all.

NO NO NO NO NO! Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Soccer are all Fall sports, I don't need her thinking about Cross Country, too.

2013-10-25 7:02 AM

User image

Champion

HEY

HAPPY FFFFRIDAY!!!

2013-10-25 7:34 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

HEY

HAPPY FFFFRIDAY!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a loooooong week.

2013-10-25 8:49 AM

User image

Champion

I'm thinking if I run, and ride the trainer Sunday morning, then swim while Keri is at the basketball clinic, I can have my own little sprint triathlon.

I'd rather look at it that way, than as a brick or anything

2013-10-25 8:52 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning!  We continue to have chilly but dry weather.  I just love that it is staying dry.  DH is still feeling a little rocky.  The chicken soup and cheese & crackers seem to be the only things that don't mess with his gut. 

My plan is a run and a swim this afternoon.  Right now I have the whole afternoon off, so it should work out.  Of course my work schedule is always subject to change!

2013-10-25 8:56 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Dee, I took your "advise" and got a Gold membership, too.

I have looked thru most of the plans now available to me, but none of them really fit me right now.  But I have come up with a plan for the next few months based on some of the principles that I saw.  But I hope that the technique videos will be helpful.  Being able to view the videos  was what made me decide to try the gold.  Either way at least I am helping BT world to stay in existence! 

2013-10-25 9:01 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

Aside from being so cold, what a great event!    And wow!  Keri and Caleb are blazing fast!

2013-10-25 9:01 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

I'm thinking if I run, and ride the trainer Sunday morning, then swim while Keri is at the basketball clinic, I can have my own little sprint triathlon.

Very cool !!

2013-10-25 9:03 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Wow, as Pooh would say, "it is a blustery day". Cold too. I am watching the leaves ZOOM past my dark window. They are like giant bats flying by. They appear out of nowhere, and zoom by in just the light shining outside from the window.

Yesterday work got away from me. But that is a good thing since I haven't put in a full day of work in nearly 3 weeks. I am getting a big project out of the way this am (fingers crossed) and then I can get caught up on all the other stuff I need to do.

Hope your day goes well and you get caught up a bit!

2013-10-25 9:03 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning, Dee!

2013-10-25 9:05 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Yeah...

Aside from being so cold, what a great event!    And wow!  Keri and Caleb are blazing fast!

Yeah, they don't get that from me, although I did used to be faster than I am now. I remember in my HS days running a 6:32 mile in track practice

once. I will never see that time again.

2013-10-25 9:13 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Yeah, they don't get that from me, although I did used to be faster than I am now. I remember in my HS days running a 6:32 mile in track practice

I was looking at my times from 2010.  I am not sure that I will even see those times again!  LOL

2013-10-25 10:08 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I was looking at my times from 2010.  I am not sure that I will even see those times again!  LOL

If I would loose the weight, I am planning on beating my times from 2009! One step at a time!

2013-10-25 10:25 AM

User image

Champion

If I would loose the weight, I am planning on beating my times from 2009! One step at a time!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

2013-10-25 12:34 PM

User image

MotoQueen

HEY

HAPPY FFFFRIDAY!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a loooooong week.

Yes, Happy FFFFriday Ghoulies!

2013-10-25 12:34 PM

User image

MotoQueen

I love this idea.  Hope you come in first at your triathlon.

2013-10-25 12:35 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Good Morning!  We continue to have chilly but dry weather.  I just love that it is staying dry.  DH is still feeling a little rocky.  The chicken soup and cheese & crackers seem to be the only things that don't mess with his gut. 

My plan is a run and a swim this afternoon.  Right now I have the whole afternoon off, so it should work out.  Of course my work schedule is always subject to change!

Hubby needs to go see a Dr.  This has been lasting all week for him. 

2013-10-25 12:40 PM
in reply to: kns57

User image

MotoQueen

I don't want to beat any times.  I just want to be able to run. 

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24900 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 52157 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65072 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 68938 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 80564 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.