BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's Mentor Group 2011 - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 106

2011-10-07 4:06 PM
in reply to: #3714650

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: McFuzz's Mentor Group 2011 - CLOSED
JuJJJjj
IceManScott - 2011-10-07 6:50 AM
stephsprint - 2011-10-05 7:17 AM
IceManScott - 2011-10-04 1:46 PM
amd723 - 2011-10-04 12:04 PM

stephsprint - 2011-10-04 9:09 AM Did a legs and abs strength workout yesterday and ran 5 miles this morning. It felt so much better than saturdays pain-every-step for 8 miles torture exercise. I shouldn't have gotten the chiro adjustment that close to a long run. The gym workouts sure seem to put me in a stronger or more stretched out place. I don't understand it, but it works. I even ran a little faster this morning than I have been since the bike fall injuries. I'm taking all of this as a good sign. Question - the Marathon training calls for a 12 miler on saturday. My 2nd and last tri (a sprint) is Sunday. Should I skip the 12 miler and do it on Monday? or try to fit it in on Friday before? Thanks guys.

Glad to hear things are going well for you - way to go!  Regarding your question, I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, but I would evaluate how you recover from long runs.  If you can do the 12 on Friday and still be able to compete on Sunday; that's the way I would do it.  If you race the tri, it may be harder for you to recover for the 12 on Monday then doing a long easy run 2 days before the race.

Either way, have fun!

Ann-Marie

I'm no expert but I'd ask what is my A race.  The marathon I suspect so it would take precedent.  One idea would be to finish the sprint with the 5K and just keep going for another 9 miles.  I know other people who've done that.  BTW, I was told when training for IM not to run any more than 2.5 to 3 hours.  The injury rate goes up, fitness level doesn't improve that much and  the recovery time is harder.  Course that was for the IM where I had to balance workouts so I could get in my bike and swims too.  I know if I run a marathon someday, I won't train longer than 3 hours at a time.  No real need.     

That makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing it will take me 5:30 or less to finish the marathon, and if I (as injury prone as I am) can get the fitness with 3 hours or less of training, that would make sense. One or two quicker 5 milers during the week, like yesterday, should be enough. It's not until January 29th, but I know how long it takes to heal from an injury! My first 1/2 marathon is November 13th. OK, I'll do the sprint and treat it as a training day! )

Here's an Endurance Nation blog on the run training to explain their position on the 2.5 hour max.   

http://www.endurancenation.us/blog/training/ironman-athletes-stop-running-longer-than-2-5-hours/ 

I've read lots of running articles that justify the longer runs in terms of training your body, muscles and ligaments, to take a beating.  I suppose there is something to that for some people.  Others say they do it for confidence to know they can run that far.  But know that once you reach a certain fitness, you can run that far.  The only thing that stands between you and finishing is your mind.  Beating up the body takes away from the duration and quality of other workouts.  The key to endurance sports like triathlon and running distances is simply eating, drinking and moving forward.  Don't stop.   And it's actually a run/walk unless you're an elite or top age grouper.    I made sure I walked to the food tables and got water and nutrition down.  250 to 300 cals an hour.  Practice walking and starting to run again. You'll be surprised at how much fun you'll have, how much energy you get from the other runners and the crowd.  The time goes far faster than you think.  Most of all, have fun!  That is what this is about.

Just curious if they give this advise because this training is part of an ironman training plan or if they also give this advise for stand alone marathons.  I know Hal Higdon's plans have novices top out with one 20 mile run and don't qualify that re: time.  If you follow Jeff Galloway, you will run multiple 20+ milers (of course you are walking quite a bit), but I know of no time limitation.  I concede I could easily be wrong about this, but suspect the EN advise is based upon all the other training your body is being put through; so if you are "only" doing a marathon their advise would be different.

Again, don't know this to be true, just musing about it!

Ann-Marie

2011-10-08 6:36 PM
in reply to: #3256268

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I decided to run the 12 miles this morning. We run/walk. It went very well. We are also having monsoon like rain which will turn the run portion of my tri tomorrow into a mud run. Dangerous, so I'm not doing it.

I think it was the June issue of Runners world that showed the run/walk guy who does 2:30 marathons.

Walk before you think you have to, that's my motto! I really love to sail past the people who go out too fast and think that walking is shameful. It's an "older person" thing.
2011-10-09 5:23 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois _ Chicago area

Well gang, today was the Chicago Marathon.  I'm glad I was able to participate since back in Feb. I wasn't sure I would.  As it turned out not only did I run, but I ran a PR  and a BQ.

Here are the details:   3:52:52

40/777 age group     1546/15,414 women  6979/35,670 overall

It was a warm day without a cloud in the sky.  Marathon organizers were ready for the heat.  Plenty of water, gaterade and sponges and ice bags at the finish along with a huge mister.  Plus, many residents and business' had hoses and sprinklers out.  I'm feeling ok, tired.  I'm sure tomorrow will see me moving a bit slow.

2011-10-09 9:56 PM
in reply to: #3717104

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
suzimmer - 2011-10-09 3:23 PM

Well gang, today was the Chicago Marathon.  I'm glad I was able to participate since back in Feb. I wasn't sure I would.  As it turned out not only did I run, but I ran a PR  and a BQ.

It was a warm day without a cloud in the sky.  Marathon organizers were ready for the heat.  Plenty of water, gaterade and sponges and ice bags at the finish along with a huge mister.  Plus, many residents and business' had hoses and sprinklers out.  I'm feeling ok, tired.  I'm sure tomorrow will see me moving a bit slow.

That's awesome.  Congratulations!  Must feel great to have done so well when earlier in the year you having some pain issues.  Good for you.

2011-10-10 6:51 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
suzimmer - 2011-10-09 5:23 PM

Way to go - that's great!  Next stop Boston

2011-10-10 7:02 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
suzimmer - 2011-10-09 5:23 PM

Awesome work!  Be proud.

2011-10-10 7:11 AM
in reply to: #3715664

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
amd723 - 2011-10-07 4:06 PM JuJJJjj
IceManScott - 2011-10-07 6:50 AM
stephsprint - 2011-10-05 7:17 AM
IceManScott - 2011-10-04 1:46 PM
amd723 - 2011-10-04 12:04 PM

stephsprint - 2011-10-04 9:09 AM Did a legs and abs strength workout yesterday and ran 5 miles this morning. It felt so much better than saturdays pain-every-step for 8 miles torture exercise. I shouldn't have gotten the chiro adjustment that close to a long run. The gym workouts sure seem to put me in a stronger or more stretched out place. I don't understand it, but it works. I even ran a little faster this morning than I have been since the bike fall injuries. I'm taking all of this as a good sign. Question - the Marathon training calls for a 12 miler on saturday. My 2nd and last tri (a sprint) is Sunday. Should I skip the 12 miler and do it on Monday? or try to fit it in on Friday before? Thanks guys.

Glad to hear things are going well for you - way to go!  Regarding your question, I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, but I would evaluate how you recover from long runs.  If you can do the 12 on Friday and still be able to compete on Sunday; that's the way I would do it.  If you race the tri, it may be harder for you to recover for the 12 on Monday then doing a long easy run 2 days before the race.

Either way, have fun!

Ann-Marie

I'm no expert but I'd ask what is my A race.  The marathon I suspect so it would take precedent.  One idea would be to finish the sprint with the 5K and just keep going for another 9 miles.  I know other people who've done that.  BTW, I was told when training for IM not to run any more than 2.5 to 3 hours.  The injury rate goes up, fitness level doesn't improve that much and  the recovery time is harder.  Course that was for the IM where I had to balance workouts so I could get in my bike and swims too.  I know if I run a marathon someday, I won't train longer than 3 hours at a time.  No real need.     

That makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing it will take me 5:30 or less to finish the marathon, and if I (as injury prone as I am) can get the fitness with 3 hours or less of training, that would make sense. One or two quicker 5 milers during the week, like yesterday, should be enough. It's not until January 29th, but I know how long it takes to heal from an injury! My first 1/2 marathon is November 13th. OK, I'll do the sprint and treat it as a training day! )

Here's an Endurance Nation blog on the run training to explain their position on the 2.5 hour max.   

http://www.endurancenation.us/blog/training/ironman-athletes-stop-running-longer-than-2-5-hours/ 

I've read lots of running articles that justify the longer runs in terms of training your body, muscles and ligaments, to take a beating.  I suppose there is something to that for some people.  Others say they do it for confidence to know they can run that far.  But know that once you reach a certain fitness, you can run that far.  The only thing that stands between you and finishing is your mind.  Beating up the body takes away from the duration and quality of other workouts.  The key to endurance sports like triathlon and running distances is simply eating, drinking and moving forward.  Don't stop.   And it's actually a run/walk unless you're an elite or top age grouper.    I made sure I walked to the food tables and got water and nutrition down.  250 to 300 cals an hour.  Practice walking and starting to run again. You'll be surprised at how much fun you'll have, how much energy you get from the other runners and the crowd.  The time goes far faster than you think.  Most of all, have fun!  That is what this is about.

Just curious if they give this advise because this training is part of an ironman training plan or if they also give this advise for stand alone marathons.  I know Hal Higdon's plans have novices top out with one 20 mile run and don't qualify that re: time.  If you follow Jeff Galloway, you will run multiple 20+ milers (of course you are walking quite a bit), but I know of no time limitation.  I concede I could easily be wrong about this, but suspect the EN advise is based upon all the other training your body is being put through; so if you are "only" doing a marathon their advise would be different.

Again, don't know this to be true, just musing about it!

Ann-Marie

This is a triathlete site.  I'm assuming people here are triathletes who swim, bike and run.  Runners may give other advise,  but I'd love to know why.  If the fitness for a marathon at the end of an Ironman can be achieved running 2.5 hours why run 3 or 4 during training especially if you are only doing a marathon? Vision Quest Coaching reminds us to make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.  So before I do that much damage to my body in training, I have to ask myself what fitness gain will their be?  Am I talking a matter of a half hour, 15 mins or less in my final time versus the change for an injury that will sideline me.  Ask Julie Dibens this morning if training too hard was behind the injury to the tendon on the bottom of her foot that slowed her so terribly in Kona after she set a bike course record.  I heard someone here say I would rather arrive at the starting line a little undertrained than a little injured.  Amen.  What's my goal?  Am I going to reach it more likely if I put in longer runs?  Fast isn't from longer.  It is from faster - fartleks.  I need to do enough distance to toughen my body to take the beating over the distance.  After that, what am I doing?  It's a crap shoot in many ways.  That's why I choose coaching with a lot of success with a philosophy that makes sense and stick to the plan. It is also the reason I make certain to note all thee time I am no expert.  But I've learned a thing or two.   Set sights on a goal, listen to people who have been there and done that, find a plan that reflects the philosophy, determine if you are willing to make the sacrifices the plan requires and if so, go for it.   

2011-10-10 7:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

I've been ramping up since Ironman.   3 runs a week = about 14 miles and 5 bikes including VO2, tempo and cadence and single pedal drills.  Not trying to overdo.  I have surgery on the hernia a week from Wednesday.  Just staying in shape for that and burning calories to avoid the problems of post IronMan weight gain.

2011-10-10 7:58 AM

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I'm glad I did the run because I skipped the Tri. I looked over at Key Biscayne from my balcony and it looked nasty. The Triathlon was modified due to wind so the bike was way less than 10 miles AND two people I know of were stung by jellyfish in the rough water. Mud on the run probably would have done me in. I'd still like to do one more this year so I'll have to look around for another one. If I can get my 2nd one in this year, I'll sign up for a longer distance at the Nautica in April.

We had a birthday party for our coach this morning at the pool. He's 47 so we're the same age. We surprised him and had a race with giant inflatable toys, threw him in the water, mimosas etc etc. 5:45am parties are really the way to go!!
2011-10-14 11:44 AM

User image

Veteran
Peoria Heights

Since I've been approaching my birthday I've taken the last week to reflect on the changes I've made in the last year.  The most major change I've made that has helped with all of the other changes has been my attitude.  Kind of interesting to run across an article yesterday that pretty much sums up what I've been trying to do for the whole year.  Thought I would share in case it is interesting to anyone else.  Life really is about attitude, everything else follows along.

2011-10-14 3:32 PM
in reply to: #3724171

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
GmrGirl - 2011-10-14 9:44 AM

Since I've been approaching my birthday I've taken the last week to reflect on the changes I've made in the last year.  The most major change I've made that has helped with all of the other changes has been my attitude.  Kind of interesting to run across an article yesterday that pretty much sums up what I've been trying to do for the whole year.  Thought I would share in case it is interesting to anyone else.  Life really is about attitude, everything else follows along.

. I like that. Thanks for sharing!

2011-10-14 9:15 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois _ Chicago area
GmrGirl - 2011-10-14 11:44 AM

Thanks for posting.  This is the end of a terrible day, professionally and personally.  I have always tried to maintain a positive outlook, but found myself feeling quite low.  Reading this helped me remember my personal mantra, to always try to look at the positive things and appreciate what I have.  Thanks for posting the reminder. Helped me end the pity party I was throwing for myself.

2011-10-15 7:00 AM

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
GmrGirl - 2011-10-14 12:44 PM

I read your training log and it inspires me. Sorry I don't send inspires more often, but just know your year, this year, helps me keep at it! I just had a lousy week, and it's all in my silly head. Your timing is excellent!
2011-10-15 7:01 AM
in reply to: #3724787

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
suzimmer - 2011-10-14 10:15 PM

GmrGirl - 2011-10-14 11:44 AM

Thanks for posting.  This is the end of a terrible day, professionally and personally.  I have always tried to maintain a positive outlook, but found myself feeling quite low.  Reading this helped me remember my personal mantra, to always try to look at the positive things and appreciate what I have.  Thanks for posting the reminder. Helped me end the pity party I was throwing for myself.

Geez, sounds familiar. The party is over, phew! Thanks to that GamerGirl!
2011-10-27 12:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

I posted this on FB today.

I heard the news today...again. That book I am writing about going from fat man to Ironman and beating cancer along the way just added a new chapter.  I had no idea I took cancer along for the 140.6-mile ride at IM Wisconsin on Sept. 11.  I thought the event was a celebration of being 5 years clean as a matter of fact.

But, the colonoscopy was not routine today as it turned out.  Pronounced free of prostate cancer in June, I was diagnosed Oct. 26 with colon cancer.  The doctor found a tumor the size of a walnut that has been there for some time, he said.  Perhaps as long as 5 years, he said.  The irony is I was supposed to get a colonoscopy in 2006 when the PSA tests revealed my prostate cancer.  Prostate cancer absorbed all my attention.   

Dr. Mike Young said a biopsy will confirm his diagnosis.  He's seen enough of these to know what it is.  He said, "If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck..."

As I came the fog about 11 this morning after the hernia operation and colonoscopy, my wife Kathy said simply, "You've got colon cancer." The doctor had come to the waiting room and told her.  He was gentle with her, but told her what he had seen.  I was very foggy.  I asked, "Am I dreaming?"  She said, "No, this isn't a dream."

The doctor came to the recovery room and said that he would have taken out 20 percent of my big bowel today but we hadn't been prepared so he waited so we could discuss it.   Appointment is Thursday to set surgery.  He'll take it out along with 20 percent of my colon he says I don't need.  My first thought was, "I'll be lighter on the bike!"

Four to 7 days in the hospital should do it and he thinks the low end for me because of my fitness.  

Whether it spread remains to be seen.  We'll judge from lymp nodes taken during surgery.  We'll work from there. 

Lance said, "You are in for the fight of your life."  He meant people with cancer.  But I say, "Yes, you are in for the fight of your life, cancer, and you are about to get your kicked one more time."  

I had a friend who died of cancer.  He said, "Never ask, Why me?  Ask, Why not me?"  I am good with that.  He also said that if it had to happen to someone, he was glad it was happening to him because he knew a God who would see him through it and so many people do not.  I am also good with that. 

It is never the problems we face.  It is how we face our problems.

There is no way God would cause bad things to happen to any of his children.  He is absolute love.  He cannot do bad things.  They are not in his nature.  People who think otherwise, who wonder why god would "make someone sick" don't know him like I do.  I never made it to medical school.  But I know enough biology to know that this kind of thing just happens.  Bad DNA, that's all.  

We had a visit from a chaplain in training before the surgery.  She asked if she could pray for me.  I said yes.  She asked for what should she pray.  I said, I never pray for outcomes.  It is about praying for strength.  And that's what I received, power to meet life on life's terms no matter what those terms are.  That is the key to happiness for me.  No fear because I know the truth of what my friend Frank said before his death recently, "It's all right in the end and if it's not all right, it's not the end."

I know that truth as taught to me by people like young Blake Hall, who died of bone cancer and Rich Manzella, who died of cancer of his pancreas. It is the truth found in the words to the LiveSTRONG anthem, Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow.  "It may break my body, but it can never break my soul."  Cancer can never have the ultimate victory.  That belongs to people who cling to God.    

Lance said, You are in for the fight of your life - again.  And I say, Yes, cancer you are.   Knowledge is Power.  Unity is strength. Attitude is everything. Thanks to Kathy and my friends and a God who loves me no matter what, prepare to get your kicked - again.      

2011-10-27 6:32 AM
in reply to: #3739931

User image

Master
Orlando
IceManScott - 2011-10-27 12:16 AM

I posted this on FB today.

I heard the news today...again. That book I am writing about going from fat man to Ironman and beating cancer along the way just added a new chapter.  I had no idea I took cancer along for the 140.6-mile ride at IM Wisconsin on Sept. 11.  I thought the event was a celebration of being 5 years clean as a matter of fact.

But, the colonoscopy was not routine today as it turned out.  Pronounced free of prostate cancer in June, I was diagnosed Oct. 26 with colon cancer.  The doctor found a tumor the size of a walnut that has been there for some time, he said.  Perhaps as long as 5 years, he said.  The irony is I was supposed to get a colonoscopy in 2006 when the PSA tests revealed my prostate cancer.  Prostate cancer absorbed all my attention.   

Dr. Mike Young said a biopsy will confirm his diagnosis.  He's seen enough of these to know what it is.  He said, "If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck..."

As I came the fog about 11 this morning after the hernia operation and colonoscopy, my wife Kathy said simply, "You've got colon cancer." The doctor had come to the waiting room and told her.  He was gentle with her, but told her what he had seen.  I was very foggy.  I asked, "Am I dreaming?"  She said, "No, this isn't a dream."

The doctor came to the recovery room and said that he would have taken out 20 percent of my big bowel today but we hadn't been prepared so he waited so we could discuss it.   Appointment is Thursday to set surgery.  He'll take it out along with 20 percent of my colon he says I don't need.  My first thought was, "I'll be lighter on the bike!"

Four to 7 days in the hospital should do it and he thinks the low end for me because of my fitness.  

Whether it spread remains to be seen.  We'll judge from lymp nodes taken during surgery.  We'll work from there. 

Lance said, "You are in for the fight of your life."  He meant people with cancer.  But I say, "Yes, you are in for the fight of your life, cancer, and you are about to get your kicked one more time."  

I had a friend who died of cancer.  He said, "Never ask, Why me?  Ask, Why not me?"  I am good with that.  He also said that if it had to happen to someone, he was glad it was happening to him because he knew a God who would see him through it and so many people do not.  I am also good with that. 

It is never the problems we face.  It is how we face our problems.

There is no way God would cause bad things to happen to any of his children.  He is absolute love.  He cannot do bad things.  They are not in his nature.  People who think otherwise, who wonder why god would "make someone sick" don't know him like I do.  I never made it to medical school.  But I know enough biology to know that this kind of thing just happens.  Bad DNA, that's all.  

We had a visit from a chaplain in training before the surgery.  She asked if she could pray for me.  I said yes.  She asked for what should she pray.  I said, I never pray for outcomes.  It is about praying for strength.  And that's what I received, power to meet life on life's terms no matter what those terms are.  That is the key to happiness for me.  No fear because I know the truth of what my friend Frank said before his death recently, "It's all right in the end and if it's not all right, it's not the end."

I know that truth as taught to me by people like young Blake Hall, who died of bone cancer and Rich Manzella, who died of cancer of his pancreas. It is the truth found in the words to the LiveSTRONG anthem, Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow.  "It may break my body, but it can never break my soul."  Cancer can never have the ultimate victory.  That belongs to people who cling to God.    

Lance said, You are in for the fight of your life - again.  And I say, Yes, cancer you are.   Knowledge is Power.  Unity is strength. Attitude is everything. Thanks to Kathy and my friends and a God who loves me no matter what, prepare to get your kicked - again.      

I am so very sorry to read this and am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.  If attitude counts for anything (and I believe it does), you surely will kick cancer's butt!

Ann-Marie

2011-10-27 6:54 AM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Iceman,

Beth sent me a text when she saw your FB post.  Wow...

Celebrate life (as you already are) and trust the ultimate training plan. 

2011-10-27 8:33 AM
in reply to: #3740022

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
McFuzz - 2011-10-27 6:54 AM

Iceman,

Beth sent me a text when she saw your FB post.  Wow...

Celebrate life (as you already are) and trust the ultimate training plan. 

The ultimate training plan - I like that!  I do trust in it! 

2011-10-27 3:59 PM
in reply to: #3740175

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
I have you in my prayers IceManScott!!!
2011-10-27 9:15 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois _ Chicago area
Iceman, with your positive attitude you WILL kick some serious (cancer) butt.  Hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery.  You are in my thoughts.
2011-10-29 7:27 PM

User image

Longview, Texas

after a long time away, just saw the post.

Iceman, I'm sending prayers your way...

2011-10-30 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3741643

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
suzimmer - 2011-10-27 10:15 PM

Iceman, with your positive attitude you WILL kick some serious (cancer) butt.  Hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery.  You are in my thoughts.

I second that!!
2011-11-03 1:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Thanks for all the positive vibes.  Here's the latest from a meeting I just had with the doctor.  Pretty good actually.

The meeting with Dr. Michael Young went well.  Several interesting points:

1. The biopsies taken last week failed to confirm cancer. That doesn't mean it isn't cancer. In fact, Young still thinks it is and will proceed as if it is.  It just means the pieces taken for the tests were cancer-free.  That MIGHT mean a benign growth.   Either way, it has to come out.  It will not heal itself. The surgery is the same in either case.

Surgery entails a 4- to 6 inch incision, resection of a large portion of the right side of the colon and removal of lymph nodes to check for spread.  

A good sign - the tumor is growing inward and blocking the colon rather than outward. That means it may not be growing through the colon wall and spreading.    

2.  Operation is Wednesday morning, Bro-Menn.

3.  I'll be in the hospital 4 to 7 days.  Four would put it on Saturday, an unlikely day for release, but we shall see. All depends on me, when I get up to walk (try to stop me) and when my body's machinery kicks back in if you know what I mean.  I will need some time at home but that could be as short as another week. I could be back at work in as little as two calendar weeks.   

4. I will have a pain catheter that will drip pain killer right to the affected spot. Therefore, I will not need other pain meds in the hospital.  

5.  No special diet will be needed afterward.  Big surprise there.

6. Tests on tissue will reveal if it's spread and whether chemo is needed.  More good news - the chemo they use for colon cancer is extremely effective on cancer and mild for the patient with flu-like symptoms rather than extreme illness.  Hair doesn't fall out.

7. I could be riding the bike again within 4 weeks, which would put me on track to be ready for TriSharks June 2. If chemo is needed it could slow me down another 8 to 12 weeks, but I could still salvage the race year.

All in all a pretty darn good report given the situation.  

Kathy and I thank you all for your support.   

2011-11-03 3:48 PM
in reply to: #3803016

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Right ON, go get 'em.

My best friend in NY just had a tumor removed from her rectum, which needed to be 'rebuilt', and she was home in a week. It's amazing what they can do now and with your health and vitality, I see good things happening for you too!
2011-11-05 2:28 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois _ Chicago area

Ice, Hope the surgery goes well on Wed.  Will be thinking of you.

Me...I had that fun procedure, the colonoscopy, on Oct. 11.  Unfortunately for me, the doctor was unable to get all the way through.  So......I get to do it again this Tuesday.  This time under a general.  The fun just never ends.

I have to repeat because ulcers were found in the portion of the colon that she did view so all concerned (me and doc) would like to see the rest.  Ulcers are something that can develop in Crohn's which is depressing for me since it means my disease is active and progressing.  

Despite the above mentioned news, my running has been great.  Ran the Hot Chocolate 15k today.  Came in  at 1:13:26 (7:53 average pace)  5/352 age group.  Woo Hoo!

Steph, Great avatar.  I love pigs.Laughing

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's Mentor Group 2011 - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 106