BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2008-12-30 5:11 PM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)

This might be a REALLY stupid question, but as far as our group conversations go, will we just follow this one thread forever ?

Or will it go to a "forum' area.........  

2008-12-30 5:35 PM
in reply to: #1878439

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-12-30 6:04 PM
MDHillSlug - 2008-12-30 6:41 AM

I can use some training schedule help:

One of my goals for 2009 is to increase my running so that I can be doing 10k for an August Oly tri. So, I started working on a training schedule for January that has me running just about every third day. However, if I also add in 2x swimming and 2x biking it leaves me with basically no rest days. I have a lot of trouble getting in 2 workouts in a day. What to do?

My suggestion would be you need an off day at least...I would suggest dropping one day of your biking since anyone who knows you....knows that you are an animal on the bike. There are various training plans have you looked at any that BT has to offer? they have many different options and are set up to give you your much needed time off...You will burn yourself out and possibly injure yourself if you overdo it....but good job on your workouts! Did you decide on a challenge this month?

Yes, I know I need a day off each week. I'm usually very good about this. Of course, I'd rather bike than anything so I hate to give them up . I have looked at some BT plans, mostly the run-emphasis Oly plans. I should probably take another look. I also have the "Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide" but I haven't yet gotten through all the info about how to use it.

I've decided to do the January Challenge Challenge but I haven't settled on my goal(s) yet. That's why I'm trying to figure out a training plan for January.

2008-12-30 8:59 PM
in reply to: #1878448

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
maxmansmom - 2008-12-30 3:11 PM

This might be a REALLY stupid question, but as far as our group conversations go, will we just follow this one thread forever ?

Or will it go to a "forum' area.........  

We will follow this one forever. My last mentor group had 73 pages.

They are in the archives. We can still post to them too.

Edited by abud7373 2008-12-30 9:00 PM
2008-12-31 12:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy New Year Group...be safe if your going out tonight to celebrate. And if your not I wish you and enjoyable evening with loved ones.

Love from Indiana
Amy
2008-12-31 8:40 AM
in reply to: #1878481

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL
MDHillSlug - 2008-12-30 5:35 PM

One of my goals for 2009 is to increase my running so that I can be doing 10k for an August Oly tri. So, I started working on a training schedule for January that has me running just about every third day. However, if I also add in 2x swimming and 2x biking it leaves me with basically no rest days. I have a lot of trouble getting in 2 workouts in a day. What to do?

My suggestion would be you need an off day at least...I would suggest dropping one day of your biking since anyone who knows you....knows that you are an animal on the bike. There are various training plans have you looked at any that BT has to offer? they have many different options and are set up to give you your much needed time off...You will burn yourself out and possibly injure yourself if you overdo it....but good job on your workouts! Did you decide on a challenge this month?

Yes, I know I need a day off each week. I'm usually very good about this. Of course, I'd rather bike than anything so I hate to give them up . I have looked at some BT plans, mostly the run-emphasis Oly plans. I should probably take another look. I also have the "Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide" but I haven't yet gotten through all the info about how to use it.

I've decided to do the January Challenge Challenge but I haven't settled on my goal(s) yet. That's why I'm trying to figure out a training plan for January.

Do you ever use the "36 hour rule"?  I know it's cheating, but sometimes I claim rest by working out early one morning, then waiting until evening the following day to work out again.  Voila, 36 hours between workouts!

2008-12-31 8:54 AM
in reply to: #1879453

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Sledge - 2008-12-31 9:40 AM
MDHillSlug - 2008-12-30 5:35 PM

Do you ever use the "36 hour rule"?  I know it's cheating, but sometimes I claim rest by working out early one morning, then waiting until evening the following day to work out again.  Voila, 36 hours between workouts!

Cheating? Cheating who? No, I basically do all my training first thing in the morning. I started this because it's the only time of the day where there are no other demands on my time. Now, it's become routine.

2008-12-31 9:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button
I was just passing by and saw that our thread was in the middle of the page. I couldn't let ou sink that low so i've decided to send in my happy new year's wishes early.bonne année!
2008-12-31 12:15 PM
in reply to: #1879571

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

chipit muffin - 2008-12-31 7:33 AM I was just passing by and saw that our thread was in the middle of the page. I couldn't let ou sink that low so i've decided to send in my happy new year's wishes early.bonne année!

Thanks Isabelle. Hi everyone. I am really sorry that I have been lacking this past few days. I have been kept very busy while here between my daughter and her friends. I will post pictures later..... I have done a few swims, a tiny bike ride and a couple runs...and that is where I (GULP) injured my knee! I am taking glucosomine, and icing lots...not sure what happened but it really hurts. Today after a good nites rest it feels better so, as excited as I was to go for a swim again today...I am taking off. I probably will not be around too awfully much for the next few days...and I am TRULY sorry for that. I promise you will all have my FULL attention starting Monday when I get back home. HAVE A SUPERB EVENING! HAPPY NEW YEAR! CHEERS! Here is to a fabulous New Year and much success, heath and happiness! Hugs from SUNNY and mid 60's San Diego...hoping to do something outside. Sending you all warm and sunny thoughts!   

2008-12-31 12:46 PM

User image

Master
somewhere over the rainbow
happy new year guys!
i went to the gym yesterday, and i ran on the dreadmill. all was well for about the first mile and a half, then i got so frightningly bored!! i don't know how people do it! day after day-hour after hour! i managed a little over 3.5 and then dh came back to pick me up, so i bailed. yikes. at least i got to run though. i'm happy.

today i have to go shovel the driveway at the rental cabin where i help out. the chick that owns it pays me to do the laundry between renters, and whatever other tidying or small chores that need to be done, and there are renters checking in today, and the driveway is completely blocked from the plow, so that's going to be my workout for the day. there's still a little too much ice on the roads for me to attempt running today, but hopefully tomorrow.

have a happy and safe night everyone, and i'll see ya on the other side.
2008-12-31 12:51 PM
in reply to: #1879972

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lyssa-gator - 2008-12-31 10:46 AM happy new year guys! i went to the gym yesterday, and i ran on the dreadmill. all was well for about the first mile and a half, then i got so frightningly bored!! i don't know how people do it! day after day-hour after hour! i managed a little over 3.5 and then dh came back to pick me up, so i bailed. yikes. at least i got to run though. i'm happy. today i have to go shovel the driveway at the rental cabin where i help out. the chick that owns it pays me to do the laundry between renters, and whatever other tidying or small chores that need to be done, and there are renters checking in today, and the driveway is completely blocked from the plow, so that's going to be my workout for the day. there's still a little too much ice on the roads for me to attempt running today, but hopefully tomorrow. have a happy and safe night everyone, and i'll see ya on the other side.

Happy New Years Lyssa! Way to run the treadmill. It is very monotonaus and I am with you on how do others do it. I run much better and further when I do not have to worry about stepping off the runner and doing a flip. kiu! know it will help you to stay in shape til the darn sun comes out. Have a great evening! Any plans?

2008-12-31 12:57 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

What is everyones plans for tonight?

I am going to a beer pairing dinner...and have a bottle of Stags Leap we will be bringing along. Looking to maybe get a room in the City so we do not have to catch a cab...but not sure at this point....looking for mello nice evening. what about you all???

we have Dan who is already into his new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR DAN! hope you had a great one....saw some of the Firework Shows in Japan. AMAZING! have a great day! Happy Training...

2008-12-31 4:48 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB

Happy New Year's everyone! Wishing you all a fun (and safe) evening. We'll be playing it pretty low key...getting together with some other couples and their little ones. I believe someone said something about charades or cranium-yep low key indeed. I suppose it will make tomorrow's run all the more enjoyable.

Got in a swim today and I am feeling pretty good. I still have a looooong ways to go but it is funny to think that in September, I could barely do 1000m in an hour. Truly spending time in the pool makes all the difference. On my last couple of swims, I have tried to use the strategy of reducing the number of breaths between lengths- and it has been helpful.

The hubby and I have also been in some discussion about how much I should be using a pull buoy. While he recognizes that it helps build my confidence and focus on technique with my arms he thinks that it will make me lazy. My thought is that the confidence boost has been huge for me and increasing my comfort level in the water will make a huge difference, not to mention that at any given time I have about 5 different technique points that I am trying to work into my stroke. I would appreciate any of your input on use of the pull buoy.

Again, have a great one- Cheers to the GPOL mentor group and to achieving our goals in 2009!

2008-12-31 5:05 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD

I got in a run today to finish off my challenges. I was hoping to start the new year with a bike ride, but they are predicting temps in the 20's-30's and high winds. I can deal with either one separately, but not together.

Spending tonight with my mom, brother, partner, and daughter (son is working) and I think my ex will be there, too (oy!). Eat some food, probably play some games. Quiet.

Edited by MDHillSlug 2008-12-31 5:06 PM
2008-12-31 5:49 PM

User image

Colorado

Happy New Years everyone!  Be safe.

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday.  My hubby's friend was shot and killed up at the ski hill they work at (disgruntled employee)...so he's a mess and I didn't spend much time online other than to quickly log what I had done.  He's been in his own world (understandably) so I've had to take on more stuff at home.

I see I am supposed to swim 3500 meters tomorrow in an hour.  That's after an hour run.  At my speed it will take me more like two hours and I am wondering for the millionth time why I signed up for a HIM?  Other than that, I have been doing well...especially now that I have a massage on the schedule for Sunday

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009!

2008-12-31 7:39 PM

User image

Master
somewhere over the rainbow
sorry about your husbands friend! that's insane!

i put together a pic thing for my friends and fam, but you guys pretty much fit in to that catergory now, so here it is. --i guess i can't post the actual, "thing" so here's just the link to it.

View this montage created at One True Media
2008 year in review
2008-12-31 8:37 PM
in reply to: #1880566

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button

lyssa-gator - 2008-12-31 8:39 PM sorry about your husbands friend! that's insane! i put together a pic thing for my friends and fam, but you guys pretty much fit in to that catergory now, so here it is. --i guess i can't post the actual, "thing" so here's just the link to it. View this montage created at One True Media
2008 year in review

That was  an absolutely wonderfull "montage". great music and great pics. thanks for sharing!!!

2008-12-31 8:58 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lyssa-gator - 2008-12-31 5:39 PM sorry about your husbands friend! that's insane! i put together a pic thing for my friends and fam, but you guys pretty much fit in to that catergory now, so here it is. --i guess i can't post the actual, "thing" so here's just the link to it. View this montage created at One True Media
2008 year in review

wow...that was great! your kids are precious and you can definitely see that they have your personality! love all the funny expressions. hope you have a great New Years Eve/Day! hang in there with that weather...I am sending all kinds of sunny warm thoughts your way....do you feel them yet?

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2008-12-31 9:03 PM
2008-12-31 9:17 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
lyssa-gator - 2008-12-31 5:39 PM

sorry about your husbands friend! that's insane!

i put together a pic thing for my friends and fam, but you guys pretty much fit in to that catergory now, so here it is. --i guess i can't post the actual, "thing" so here's just the link to it.

View this montage created at One True Media
2008 year in review

That was great! I may have to make one too.

2008-12-31 9:39 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
The mentee chart I have does not have everyone. Would someone please post it again.

Thanks

2008-12-31 11:24 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
Happy New Year!

2009-01-01 7:34 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Happy New Year everyone!  It was a quiet night here, except for all of the fireworks going off.  I'm not much for parties, and spending last week with the in-laws made me want to be a hermit!  But in a little while I'm meeting up with some friends and we'll be doing our annual new years day bike ride.  It's going to be cold, though (38 right now -- where's that Florida weather??)!

Cheri

2009-01-01 7:42 AM
in reply to: #1880458

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL
AndriaLL - 2008-12-31 5:49 PM

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday.  My hubby's friend was shot and killed up at the ski hill they work at (disgruntled employee)...so he's a mess and I didn't spend much time online other than to quickly log what I had done.  He's been in his own world (understandably) so I've had to take on more stuff at home.

That's just awful.  I just googled it, and there's not much said.  I hope your hubby can get some peace.

Cheri

2009-01-01 9:54 AM
in reply to: #1880458

User image

Extreme Veteran
AndriaLL - 2008-12-31 5:49 PM

I see I am supposed to swim 3500 meters tomorrow in an hour.  That's after an hour run.  At my speed it will take me more like two hours and I am wondering for the millionth time why I signed up for a HIM?  Other than that, I have been doing well...especially now that I have a massage on the schedule for Sunday

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009!

This is horrible, what is wrong with people these days!? The just can't deal with life.
2009-01-01 9:58 AM
in reply to: #1880854

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sledge - 2009-01-01 7:34 AM

Happy New Year everyone!  It was a quiet night here, except for all of the fireworks going off.  I'm not much for parties, and spending last week with the in-laws made me want to be a hermit!  But in a little while I'm meeting up with some friends and we'll be doing our annual new years day bike ride.  It's going to be cold, though (38 right now -- where's that Florida weather??)!

Cheri

I can see we are going to have a hard time keeping up with you on training, that is a good thing...you will keep the rest of us motivated. Good job getting out there to bike!!! I will get out there for my dreaded first run of the year, it is about 18 degrees here right now, I'm waiting until noon to go out.
Amy IN
2009-01-01 10:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Julie - how is that knee feeling? How about meeting at the coffee shop Monday am before we swim?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168