Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 20

2009-04-16 4:06 PM
in reply to: #2088422

User image

Elite
SE
Subject: RE: Introduce yourself: Georgians
welcome aboard! watch out for the tri D00D!

2009-04-17 6:49 AM
in reply to: #504832

User image

New user

Barnesville
Thanks all; since finding this website it has really helped me stay focus and on track.  I agree that the training log holds you accountable, I just need to start using more of what it has to offer.
I look forward to making friends here and learning as much as possible.  Thanks again and I'm looking forward to moving away from bicycle racing and into this new endeavor.
2009-04-28 9:39 AM

User image

Regular
Name: Kacie Darden
Hometown: Dalton
City\Town: Atlanta
Favorite Training Places: Silver Comet, Kennesaw Mountain, MLK pool
Triathlons Completed: Indian Springs, Gulf Coast Sprint, Acworth Sprint, Callaway Gardens (almost) olympic, Wistlestop duathlon, New Orleans 70.3
Current Goals: Indian springs sprint, Kansas 70.3, Acworth Sprint, and Augusta 70.3

Thanks!
2009-05-03 7:59 PM

Looks like I am way behind here...most of these posts are from 2 years ago or more. Anyway, Im looking forward to meeting people and staying motivated on BT! 

Name: Kelly
Hometown: I call New Mexico home but have not lived there for 20 years!
City/Town: Acworth
Favorite Training Place: Too new to say but I do like Silver Comet
Triathlons Completed: N/A
Current Goals: Finish under 90 min at the Womens Acworth Sprint 

2009-05-04 10:59 AM

User image

Name: Jay Murkerson
Hometown: Hawkinsville, GA(was born in Bainbridge, GA)
City\Town: Hawkinsville, GA
Favorite Training Places: Any fourlane for biking(man, people will run you over!), any trail for running(usually near home)
Triathlons Completed: none so far...competing in my first at the Turtle Crawl Sprint...can't wait!!
Current Goals:  Finish my first sprint.  I hope to enter more sprints next year and would like to complete the Turtle Crawl Oly in 2011.

2009-05-05 6:32 PM

User image

Regular
Acworth
Name:Mike Forcade
Hometownmaha Ne
City\Town:Acworth
Favorite Training Places:West Cobb Y
Triathlons Completed:None Yet!
Current Goals:2 sprints by end of 09

Been in the gym since Dec 08 to lose some lbs - dropped about 30 (30 to go 6'4" 237 want to see 205) and wanted to take it up a notch. Needed a goal and somehow thought triathlon made sense - not sure how I connected the dots, but found this site  couple weeks ago and cant get enough.  I got in the pool at the Y 2 weeks ago and realized I am not quite the swimmer I was when I was a kid, but look forward to the swim days none the less.  Have an old ragged mountain bike that I am trying to get fixed so that I can move to the road from the spin bikes and stationarys at the gym.

2009-05-13 7:53 PM

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA

Mike - Welcome...look forward to more guys in the 40-44 group unless you run with the Clydes...

Edited by thecaptin 2009-05-13 7:54 PM
2009-05-14 1:09 PM

New user

Martinez

Name: Brittany Banker

Hometown: Greeley Colorado

City\Town: Augusta

Favorite Training Places: the greenway in North Augusta, savannah rapids pavilion, my neighborhood and the area around where i live.

Triathlons Completed: Columbia Downtown sprint Tri

Current Goals: commemorating 5 years cancer free this year by completing the Triple Crown challenge with Team in Training which I will do so with the Augusta 70.3 this fall!!!

I also have a goal set to complete a full Ironman in 2010! Training for an ultra marathon

Over all to stay healthy and fit and continue working with Team in Training to give others the same opportunity by raising money for the leukemia and lymphoma society to help find a cure for cancer!!!

2009-05-16 9:17 PM

Athens
Name:Sarah
Hometown: Metro Atlanta (Stone Mountain/Snellville)
City\Town: Athens
Favorite Training Places: Rural bike rides around Athens
Triathlons Completed:0, but I am registered for the IronGirl in June!
Current Goals: Complete my first sprint tri

2009-05-16 9:22 PM

New user

Name: Shawn
Hometown:Las Vegas, NV
City\Town: Columbus, GA
Favorite Training Places: still looking
Triathlons Completed: none yet
Current Goals: I am 2 months out of a back surgery and want to get in shape enough to complete a sprint. We will see after that. Anyone have a Basic Training plan to share? I am not a good swimmer at all, I can bike for at least 30-40 minutes straight (slow and steady), and can run a 10 minute mile for 30 minutes. I will take any and all advice. Thanks.

2009-05-20 7:34 PM

New user

Name:Richard Mansker
Hometown:Atlanta
City\Town:Atlanta
Favorite Training Places:Stone Mtn. Park, SCT, Decatur YMCA
Triathlons Completed:Returning from a 3 year layoff, have done mostly sprints and a few of olys in the past
Current Goals:Lose weight, improve my running, be able to do Tugaloo oly this fall.

2009-06-01 9:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Newnan, Georgia
Name: Brent Snodgrass
Hometown: Watkinsville, GA
City\Town: Atlanta, GA
Favorite Training Places: Silver Comet Trail, Blankets Creek, Big Creek, GSU Rec Center Pool
Triathlons Completed: 2007 Emerald Pointe Tri, 2009 Turtle Crawl Sprint Tri
Current Goals:
Place in AG for first Olympic Tri
5k sub 22min
Place overall in Sprint Tri (ya right!) how about top 5%

Good luck everybody!!
2009-06-07 7:19 PM

User image

New user

Name: Jason Hobbs
Hometown: Dublin, GA
City\Town: Bonaire, GA
Favorite Training Places: biking back/forth to work, running around neighborhood
Triathlons Completed: 0 (but have done 3 marathons, 1 1/2 marathon and some 5/10k races)
Current Goals: registered for sprint tri at Mistletoe State Park on July 25, 2009
2009-06-24 11:24 AM

User image

Expert

Name: Katie Pothier
Hometown: Fairbanks, AK
City\Town: Duluth
Favorite Training Places: Outdoor pool at LTF, roswell 22 mile group ride
Triathlons Completed: 2009 Rock N' Roll Sprint, 2009 Turtle Crawl Sprint, 2007 Emerald Pt, 2007 Peachtree City Sprint, 2007 Iron Girls, 2004 Chicago Sprint, 2003 Danskin (Chicago)
Current Goals: Not suck running.  Become competitive in age group.

2009-06-24 3:06 PM

Name: Kyle Penny
Hometown: Dallas, TX
City\Town: Macon
Favorite Training Places: Anywhere without traffic
Triathlons Completed: none, I'm what you would call a noob
Current Goals: Get in good training/eating routine for now. Long term I wouldn't mind the challenge of an IM.

I'm a senior at Mercer in Macon. Not really in shape, or financially capable, to do any races right now so I'm all about some training.

What are some of the good races in GA or FL in the spring? Also does anybody know anything about a tri club or running club in the Macon area?
2009-06-29 1:29 PM

Name:  Mark Palmer
Hometown: Jacksonville
City\Town:  Savannah
Favorite Training Places:  Aquatic center/Gym/on the road bike
Triathlons Completed:  June 2009 Rock of the Marne in Savannah.  Took me a while but I finished!
Current Goals:  Working on the running right now and balancing that with time in the gym.  Looking to better my time in a Sprint in October and will start training all three aspects mid August.

Edited by cabinetman 2009-06-29 1:30 PM

2009-06-30 11:48 AM

Regular
Augusta, GA

Name: Beth Droppleman
Hometown: Knoxville, TN is where I grew up
City\Town: Currently residing in Augusta, GA
Favorite Training Places: running on "the hill"
Triathlons Completed: 4 sprint tris in FL late 90s; Indian Springs Tri the Park Tri June '09!
Current Goals: To not get passed by EVERYONE during cycling in the next Tri the Park at Mistletoe. I have only been on the road three times since the late 90s, so I need to put some miles on those wheels. I'm a strong swimmer, but would like to run faster ;-). Next year, I'm hoping to complete an Olympic.

Edited by bdroppleman 2009-06-30 11:51 AM
2009-07-10 2:28 PM

Name: Brian
Hometown: Born in San Clemente, CA, but I'm a Navy brat and moved all over as a kid
City\Town: Kennesaw GA
Favorite Training Places: Kennesaw Mt., SCT, Columns Dr/Cochran Shoals, Wildwood Athletic Club
Triathlons Completed: None, yet.  I've been a runner the past few years though (everything up to a full marathon)
Current Goals: Complete the Carrollton Triathlon on 7/19 without embarassing myself too much

2009-07-14 9:51 AM

User image

Name: Wendy
Hometown: Georgia is "home" and always has been, but I grew up an Air Force brat
City\Town:Grayson/Loganville GA (Gwinnett County)
Favorite Training Places:  Tribble Mill Park/Stone Mtn Park
Triathlons Completed: IronGirl on June 28th
Current Goals: Carrollton Tri and Lake Lanier Tri this fall

Would love to meet more Triathlon addicts, as I think I am becoming one!!! If you are doing the Carrollton tri this week, please let me know. I would love to have someone to "meet" on Sunday and keep me accountable to wake up at 4 am to make the drive over there! LOL

Edited by mitchwendy 2009-07-14 9:51 AM
2009-07-14 12:39 PM

User image

New user

Calhoun
Name: Danny Wright
Hometown: Dalton, Georgia
City\Town: Calhoun, Georgia
Favorite Training Places: My regular bike and run routes in Calhoun. I also love to bike and run on the flat roads of Panama City. I swim at the local recreation center and, during cold months – at Bradley Wellness Center in Dalton. Additionally, I compete in local running races (5k/10k/15k) and participate in local bike time trails to help prepare for triathlon racing - pretty much anything competitive.
Triathlons Completed: Chattanooga Waterfront Tri (Olympic), Mountain Lakes Tri (Sprint), Tugaloo Tri (Olympic), Cohutta Springs Tri (Sprint), Old Hickory Lake Tri (Sprint), Mach Tenn Tri (Sprint).
Current Goals: Improve swimming efficiency and speed (continue group sessions) and place top three in my age group in all events - Tri, running, etc.

2009-07-15 9:04 PM
in reply to: #2253248

User image

Extreme Veteran
Buford GA

Name: Chris
Hometown: North Brunswick, NJ
City\Town: Buford GA
Favorite Training Places: bogan park pool, neighborhood for running/c
yling
Triathlons Completed: none yet
Current Goals: Getting back into this, hopefully doing lake lanier sprint in october, its my motivation to train. Used to swim competitively and raced bmx then mtb in my teens but never ran, then I ran but didn't swim or bike. Finally started doing all 3 in the last month+ and said I'm finally doing a tri! Oddly swimming came right back, so did running, cyclings only been a week and its hurting the most...

2009-07-21 8:51 AM

User image

Martinez GA

Name: Brittany
Hometown: Greeley CO
City\Town: Martinez GA
Favorite Training Places: The Greenway, Savannah Rapids, My neighborhood

Triathlons Completed: currenlty 2 - soon to be three after this coming weekend
Current Goals: Complete a full Iron Man

I'm new to triathlons - I'm a running who has found something more challenging and a lot more fun I've completed two marathons and have a goal to run one marathon in a all 50 states by the age of 30. . .I recently completed my first century ride in Lake Tahoe (America's most Beautiful Bike Ride) and had a blast.

Brittany

2009-08-04 3:34 PM

New user
Savannah, GA
Name: Jonathan
Hometown: Portland, OR
City\Town: Savannah, GA
Favorite Training Places: Anywhere I won't get hit by a car
Triathlons Completed: 2 in Hilton Head in 2006, 2009 Turtle Crawl Sprint, 2009 Savannah Sprint Series (#3), 2009 Tri the Parks Indian Springs, 2009 Beach Bum in Hilton Head
Current Goals: Finish getting ready for HOT in Jacksonville (August 30) and then Augusta 70.3
2009-08-14 10:59 AM

User image

New user

Name: Jay Scali
Hometown: Walnut Creek, CA
City\Town:  Cumming, GA
Favorite Training Places: Mountains, Gym, Greenway trails
Triathlons Completed: 0
Current Goals: HIM by 2010.

Currently recovery from ACL surgery yesterday so will be back in the pool and training in a few weeks.  New goal in my life is to complete a HIM, will do several shorter Tri's first, not sure what race to do yet...

2009-08-14 12:57 PM

Name: Andrew

Hometown: Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

City\Town: Duluth, GA

Favorite Training Places: Playing sports, but for now the gym and around the neighborhood

Triathlons Completed: None

Current Goals: Stick to my training routine! Get a decent cheap bike, Post a respectable time in the Lake Lanier sprint tri on October 4th, all while not making the wife angry! Then if all goes well, move back to Kona!

Edited by Bobmarley 2009-08-14 12:58 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Introduce yourself: Georgians Rss Feed  

of 20