BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2014-01-09 10:00 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Iowa
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed
There has been a lot of changes so far this year, I upgraded to an Iphone but it took me a day to realize that they don’t flip open (I may have been a little behind the times). I’m still working on getting this site on the phone. I loaded the yoga studio and tried it last night before bed. I figured the beginner relaxation would be good. Well, I was able to do 2 moves the table and the one where you lay flat. Ha ha It does show me that my flexibility needs a bit of work. Just to make it clear it DID NOT relax me. I also added the myfitnesspal app and will see how that works. I have been dealing with frozen pipes and an upset wife for a few days. I don’t know why she is upset some of the house still has water (not the kitchen though). The workouts seem to be the saving grace right now, does shoveling snow count?

2014-01-09 10:30 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Lookin good on those goals David!! Keep up the strong work!

5/31 this morning with a 30 minute trainer ride plus a little core work and week1, day 2 of the 100 pushup challenge. Got most of my trainer issues worked out, but I'm having trouble with my HRM in that it won't record or display my heart rate. It is new (another Christmas present--Santa was very tri friendly to me this year!), so I probably don't have it set up right, but it is frustrating! Anyone have any hints on getting 910x to register HR with the supplied HRM? I tried tightening the strap (to the point I could barely breathe) and warming up for 10 minutes, but no go. That is all the trouble shooting Garmin's manual had to offer. I'm planning a run and weight session this afternoon if I can finish up my work early enough. Thursday is "date afternoon" so I have to be finished with work, workout, and showered by 3pm.

Goals:
1.) "Friend" all BDAAS members--done! Post at least once a day--done so far!
2.) 2x in each discipline, remember this is week 1 back after a month off--bike 2x, swim 2x, run 1x--with another scheduled for this afternoon. Haven't done so smashing at remembering this is the first week back though
3.) Yoga 2x--have one session in so far, will try for other session tomorrow after my long swim
4.) Pushup challenge 3x; core work 2x, strength training 2x--pushups 2x (with Friday as next scheduled), core 2x, strength 1x with another scheduled for this afternoon

Looks like I'm on track to accomplish all of my goals for this week!!

What push-up challenge are you using? Good work adding in core yoga & strength. I believe our overall health benefits from that very much.

Also, to anyone in the group. What is the 20/31 challenge? 20 workouts in 31 says?

Edited by Brian W 2014-01-09 10:45 AM
2014-01-09 10:53 AM
in reply to: Brian W

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by Brian W

What is the 20/31 challenge? 20 workouts in 31 days?

Yup!

2014-01-09 11:06 AM
in reply to: Brian W

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by drfoodlove Lookin good on those goals David!! Keep up the strong work! 5/31 this morning with a 30 minute trainer ride plus a little core work and week1, day 2 of the 100 pushup challenge. Got most of my trainer issues worked out, but I'm having trouble with my HRM in that it won't record or display my heart rate. It is new (another Christmas present--Santa was very tri friendly to me this year!), so I probably don't have it set up right, but it is frustrating! Anyone have any hints on getting 910x to register HR with the supplied HRM? I tried tightening the strap (to the point I could barely breathe) and warming up for 10 minutes, but no go. That is all the trouble shooting Garmin's manual had to offer. I'm planning a run and weight session this afternoon if I can finish up my work early enough. Thursday is "date afternoon" so I have to be finished with work, workout, and showered by 3pm. Goals: 1.) "Friend" all BDAAS members--done! Post at least once a day--done so far! 2.) 2x in each discipline, remember this is week 1 back after a month off--bike 2x, swim 2x, run 1x--with another scheduled for this afternoon. Haven't done so smashing at remembering this is the first week back though 3.) Yoga 2x--have one session in so far, will try for other session tomorrow after my long swim 4.) Pushup challenge 3x; core work 2x, strength training 2x--pushups 2x (with Friday as next scheduled), core 2x, strength 1x with another scheduled for this afternoon Looks like I'm on track to accomplish all of my goals for this week!!
What push-up challenge are you using? Good work adding in core yoga & strength. I believe our overall health benefits from that very much. Also, to anyone in the group. What is the 20/31 challenge? 20 workouts in 31 says?

this:

http://hundredpushups.com

I have done it in the past and succeeded. You will definitely feel a sense of accomplishment! Great party trick... for beers of course!

2014-01-09 12:11 PM
in reply to: #4915725

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Lesson of the day: should you desire a lunchtime run, you should not eat soup first. Ugh...failed run attempt today. Rescheduled for Saturday.
2014-01-09 12:28 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Lesson of the day: should you desire a lunchtime run, you should not eat soup first. Ugh...failed run attempt today. Rescheduled for Saturday.

Most of my running is at lunchtime, always before I eat. It also helps me eat less as my appetite tends to be smaller after lunchtime exercise.

Now if only the soreness on the top of my foot would clear up so I can get back to running. Forcing my self two weeks of no running to rest foot is tough after getting used to running 3-5 times a week.

My workout for today will be cardio-kickboxing. Not sure what I will do tomorrow since it's usually a run day, maybe hit the pool again.

2014-01-09 2:10 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Veteran
The Ocean State
Originally posted by MOlsen

Most of my running is at lunchtime, always before I eat. It also helps me eat less as my appetite tends to be smaller after lunchtime exercise.

Now if only the soreness on the top of my foot would clear up so I can get back to running. Forcing my self two weeks of no running to rest foot is tough after getting used to running 3-5 times a week.

My workout for today will be cardio-kickboxing. Not sure what I will do tomorrow since it's usually a run day, maybe hit the pool again.

It's the same for me. I try to either run first thing in the morning or at lunch time, either way I don't eat anything and it helps me to eat less afterwards.
2014-01-09 2:18 PM

User image

Veteran
The Ocean State
Got my first run of the year in! It was ugly but it's in the books and I can only improve from here. My goals for this week was to run 2-3x and for strength train 2-3x as well. I used the elliptical 2x and ran 1x so I'm feeling good. I have also gone the the gym 2x and am hitting it again tomorrow so I'm ahead there. Next week, less eliptical and more running is in line. I'm also going to figure out where I can set up my trainer so I can get some cycling in.
I'll be going to the gym for ST regularly because my 12yo son has asked me to help him train to become a more fit soccer player. It's cool to hang out with him at the gym and help him learn how to build strength in different ways. It's also just a great way to bond over something we can do together.
2014-01-09 3:19 PM
in reply to: sma777

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Well my goals for the week are slowly going down the toilet.

2x swim - got one in but the pools have been closed due to the temps and the heaters can't keep up with it.

Stretch and roll - Stretch yes but you can forget the rolling. It feels good when I do it but then the pain is worse than before. I rolled steady for a week and have gotten worse every day. When I just stretch and don't roll it is improving. I'm rolling just like my PT showed/told me to. I thought it was an adaptation period so I gave it a solid week. I see my PT again on the 17th so I refuse to touch the roller again until then

Rest the legs - Well that didn't work out either. Since it doesn't hurt when I ride I went for a ride today since I got shut out of the swim. 60 miles later I get home and feel like a million bucks! I really do love riding.

Eat right - this is the only thing I've done so far!

Not a problem since next week is a new one and I'm still sneaking workouts and I mentally and physically feel better after the ride today. 4/31 by the way.
2014-01-09 3:29 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - OPEN

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon
Originally posted by drfoodlove Any room at the inn? If so, I'd love to join the group (and I have to admit that I've been trolling the group for the last two mentor cycles)!

Info

Name: Gretchen

2013 Training: sporadic at best in the spring, with a summer break to focus on boxing and then a solid fall until December when my father went into the hospital for several weeks

2013 Races: 5K in November(first race of my life), but only planned tri was cancelled in October due to government shutdown (a real bummer)

2014 Training: begins tomorrow with 12 week beginner sprint program from BT

2014 Races: planning on sprint tri in late April, August, and October.

Family: with partner for 14 years (gettin' officially hitched in June 2014--thanks state of Illinois), two dogs (13 and 5 years)

Drinks: go to is bourbon, but I sure do enjoy a great beer. I really don't like hoppy beer, so I think that puts me in the minority. I will try anything once though!

Weight Loss: yes, please! I originally started tri training to lose weight, and am down 50lbs. I would like to continue that downward trend in 2014.

Someone from my original neck of the woods! I went to high school in Johnston City, and to law school at SIU-C, though I'm living in the northwest suburbs of Chicago now. If you haven't already, check out Big Muddy Brewery in Murphysboro - their Pumpkinsmasher is phenomenal, the Dunkeldog is one of my favorites (though hop-heads will hate it), and they've got a smoky beer they make in conjunction with 17th Street Bar & Grill. It's not official yet, but there has been a sprint at John A. Logan College the last few years Herrinfest weekend - it was my first sprint, last year. It starts with a pool swim, so it's very beginner-friendly, and the bike and run course are pretty cool. My wife and I will likely be running it this year.

Fellow Illini Unite!

I grew up near Danville.  Went to school at SIU-C from 80-82.  Family still lives in East Central Illinois. 

2014-01-09 3:43 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I'm not looking toooo bad for 21/30 goals.  I'm currently 7/9.  Will run with my BAR group tonight (BoiseAreaRunners), then some malted, carbo loading afterwards.  I'm curently not able to open the GoogleDoc for our goals. but I'll keep trying.

Next week I'll start riding the rollers x2 (40-50 min. or however long West Wing reruns last),  swim x2, run x3-4,   This time of year I'm all about base miles and not getting hurt or burned out.  I'm eating smaller portions with more fruits during the day; Like to be about 148-150lbs when I'm in race shape.

2014-01-09 4:04 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by kevinbe
Originally posted by jeffnboise EXCEPT Ultra-distance running, cuz, those people are nuts. lol  Oly distance tris are my favorite, but 70.3s seem doable because the swim is something I can handle.  My calves have been a recent source of problems the past two years.  Tears in the Soleus created scar tissue that have hobbled me.  PT, Active release, Deep tissue massage and better post-workout habits have got me healthy right now, so my training is starting to gain some distance AND intensity
Jeff- welcome aboard. I have currently been hobbled in my right calf by something that sounds like what your coming through. I went out for a training run one day and got what I thought was a calf cramp, only to find out it wasn't. Six months later, I'm still on the shelf for running. Would love to pick your brain on your experience and how you treated.

Kevin, Brother, I hear you about the calf thing.  I've never been 'hurt' before and WHAM it felt like I'd been shot.  I couldn't run, ride or barely swim.  Lot's of different opinions from PTs, Sports Doctors, Chiropractors etc.  These are the facts-I started using minimalist shoes (low/zero offset AND no pronation control). About 10-15 min. into every run, I would start to land harder on my left foot, this was very noticeable when I had to run on a treadmill.  PT Therapist told me to strengthen/stretch calves; particularly Soleus (Soleus is the DEceleration muscle, so I did mostly bent-leg calf LOWERING exercises.). PT DOCTOR said I had hip imbalance so I started doing lots of hip stabilization exercises.  Chiropractor did Active Release.  Nothing was really helping.  Then I found a Massage Therapist who absolutely KILLS my calves every 2 weeks and that seems to help.  They still aren't 'right', but they're livable.  I've since moved back to a more traditional offset shoe and I work my calves with a Stick.  I need a shoe with a bit more pronation control, but $$$ are scarce, so they'll have to wait.  At the first sign of tightness I shut it down.

Good Luck!

2014-01-09 4:11 PM

User image

New user
Madrid
About to finish working week, and trying to squeeze in the trainings -almost no time, but when I finish I feel like I have a free-day! Not bad so far, after 1500m swim and 20 min run right after (4/9). Looking forward for long run tomorrow, swim on Sat and long bike on Sunday. This will need a great reward, willing to open a great 2005 Rioja -Remelluri- for dinner!
2014-01-09 4:16 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by thor67

Originally posted by drfoodlove Lookin good on those goals David!! Keep up the strong work! 5/31 this morning with a 30 minute trainer ride plus a little core work and week1, day 2 of the 100 pushup challenge. Got most of my trainer issues worked out, but I'm having trouble with my HRM in that it won't record or display my heart rate. It is new (another Christmas present--Santa was very tri friendly to me this year!), so I probably don't have it set up right, but it is frustrating! Anyone have any hints on getting 910x to register HR with the supplied HRM? I tried tightening the strap (to the point I could barely breathe) and warming up for 10 minutes, but no go. That is all the trouble shooting Garmin's manual had to offer. I'm planning a run and weight session this afternoon if I can finish up my work early enough. Thursday is "date afternoon" so I have to be finished with work, workout, and showered by 3pm. Goals: 1.) "Friend" all BDAAS members--done! Post at least once a day--done so far! 2.) 2x in each discipline, remember this is week 1 back after a month off--bike 2x, swim 2x, run 1x--with another scheduled for this afternoon. Haven't done so smashing at remembering this is the first week back though 3.) Yoga 2x--have one session in so far, will try for other session tomorrow after my long swim 4.) Pushup challenge 3x; core work 2x, strength training 2x--pushups 2x (with Friday as next scheduled), core 2x, strength 1x with another scheduled for this afternoon Looks like I'm on track to accomplish all of my goals for this week!!
What push-up challenge are you using? Good work adding in core yoga & strength. I believe our overall health benefits from that very much. Also, to anyone in the group. What is the 20/31 challenge? 20 workouts in 31 says?

this:

I have done it in the past and succeeded. You will definitely feel a sense of accomplishment! Great party trick... for beers of course!

I've been inspired! This is the same program I started a few years ago (when my fitness was in the dumps). I'm going to start this program again. Just took the initial test. I'm limited to 14 due to not lifting for a few months and the broken wrist is still recovering...but 14 is WAAAAY more than I could have done in my couch potato days...looking forward to getting some strength back.

Are you guys bricks and AM / PM sessions differently for the X/31?
2014-01-09 5:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

If you run in the morning for 20 minutes and in the evening for 20 minutes=2 workouts. Bricks can equal two as long as they are both a decent amount of time. If you only run for 5 minutes then no. Use your best judgement. 

Like my dad always told me: You only get what you put into it!

By the way I also used the 100 pushup challenge after losing 100lbs to keep it going, then I jumped into tri's! New app for it I see!

Originally posted by thor67

this:

I've been inspired! This is the same program I started a few years ago (when my fitness was in the dumps). I'm going to start this program again. Just took the initial test. I'm limited to 14 due to not lifting for a few months and the broken wrist is still recovering...but 14 is WAAAAY more than I could have done in my couch potato days...looking forward to getting some strength back. Are you guys bricks and AM / PM sessions differently for the X/31?

Edited by thor67 2014-01-09 5:23 PM
2014-01-09 5:22 PM

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY

I've been inspired! This is the same program I started a few years ago (when my fitness was in the dumps). I'm going to start this program again. Just took the initial test. I'm limited to 14 due to not lifting for a few months and the broken wrist is still recovering...but 14 is WAAAAY more than I could have done in my couch potato days...looking forward to getting some strength back.

Are you guys bricks and AM / PM sessions differently for the X/31?

I started with 16, and I'm on day 2 of the challenge. It seems really easy when you do the sets, but I can definitely feel it. It makes me nervous about the coming weeks!

And I count days. Even if I did a run in the morning and a bike in the afternoon, I'd call it one. Not sure what the others are doing.

ETA: The man that posed the challenge says otherwise! If you follow his rules, its easier.. lol

Edited by Bradleykd 2014-01-09 5:24 PM

2014-01-09 5:28 PM
in reply to: Bradleykd

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
Got in workout #6 today. 5 Mile run. That is the longest I've run since the half marathon and subsequent foot injury, and it felt great! I got past the miserable first couple miles and settled in, then I felt like I could go a lot longer. Ice rain put a damper on it though. Definitely added some confidence to my run fitness though!
2014-01-09 5:48 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by Qua17

It's Thursday and we are midway through the week. Time to check in and recommit to your goals for the week. You're mission is simple. There are two things I would like for you to do. First - take a moment to bring us up to speed by posting how your goals are going this week. In your post - let us know what your plans are for accomplishing your goals by the end of the week. Second, and most importantly, make it happen.

I am loving what I am seeing in this group so far. Many of you are using this forum to hold yourself accountable. I find that when I tell the group I'm going to do something, it helps me to make it happen because while I might be 20 pounds over weight, I'm a man of my word. Plus, f I fall short - I know I have a warm coors light waiting for me!

Good luck everyone and keep up the great work!

Made to the gym this morning and got in two miles in 25 mins. Again, slow but steady...I may make this challenge yet. I walked for about two minutes then did the rest in a nice easy jog with a run in the last 45 seconds.

Getting over the sickness but still haven't quite got my voice back...only dogs can hear me.
2014-01-09 5:52 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Bradleykd

Got in workout #6 today. 5 Mile run. That is the longest I've run since the half marathon and subsequent foot injury, and it felt great! I got past the miserable first couple miles and settled in, then I felt like I could go a lot longer. Ice rain put a damper on it though. Definitely added some confidence to my run fitness though!

NIce work on the run! There is something wonderful about finally getting in a run after an injury. It makes going through the pain during the recovery almost worth it!
2014-01-09 5:55 PM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Expert
Originally posted by SportzVision

It's Thursday and we are midway through the week. Time to check in and recommit to your goals for the week. You're mission is simple. There are two things I would like for you to do. First - take a moment to bring us up to speed by posting how your goals are going this week. In your post - let us know what your plans are for accomplishing your goals by the end of the week. Second, and most importantly, make it happen.

I am loving what I am seeing in this group so far. Many of you are using this forum to hold yourself accountable. I find that when I tell the group I'm going to do something, it helps me to make it happen because while I might be 20 pounds over weight, I'm a man of my word. Plus, f I fall short - I know I have a warm coors light waiting for me!

Made to the gym this morning and got in two miles in 25 mins. Again, slow but steady...I may make this challenge yet. I walked for about two minutes then did the rest in a nice easy jog with a run in the last 45 seconds.

Getting over the sickness but still haven't quite got my voice back...only dogs can hear me.

Fight the fight! Finish the race! Keep the faith!
2014-01-09 5:55 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Well I'm just gonna count days of being active. 7/31!

Just finished the SUFFERFEST's Revolver (16x1 min max intervals) and then did day 1 of push-up challenge.

Also bought some boxing wraps for the GF and I'm going to help her learn as a fun way to workout.

I'm off to Golden, CO now to mentor some students on Steel bridge Design, there's 3 new breweries in town so I'll probably drop in for a beer & keep my Colorado brewery extravaganza going strong. Cheers,

2014-01-09 6:04 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jeffnboise

I'm not looking toooo bad for 21/30 goals.  I'm currently 7/9.  Will run with my BAR group tonight (BoiseAreaRunners), then some malted, carbo loading afterwards.  I'm curently not able to open the GoogleDoc for our goals. but I'll keep trying.

Next week I'll start riding the rollers x2 (40-50 min. or however long West Wing reruns last),  swim x2, run x3-4,   This time of year I'm all about base miles and not getting hurt or burned out.  I'm eating smaller portions with more fruits during the day; Like to be about 148-150lbs when I'm in race shape.

Jeff - What do you think is getting in the way of accessing the Google Doc? Let me know how I can help. What's it like riding on rollers. I've always hesitates to think about getting it because I'm worried I would ride right into the wall! Keep up the good work on the monthly challenge!
2014-01-09 6:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

DO NOT LOOK AHEAD on the push up challenge....

Originally posted by Bradleykd
Originally posted by Brian W I've been inspired! This is the same program I started a few years ago (when my fitness was in the dumps). I'm going to start this program again. Just took the initial test. I'm limited to 14 due to not lifting for a few months and the broken wrist is still recovering...but 14 is WAAAAY more than I could have done in my couch potato days...looking forward to getting some strength back. Are you guys bricks and AM / PM sessions differently for the X/31?
I started with 16, and I'm on day 2 of the challenge. It seems really easy when you do the sets, but I can definitely feel it. It makes me nervous about the coming weeks! And I count days. Even if I did a run in the morning and a bike in the afternoon, I'd call it one. Not sure what the others are doing. ETA: The man that posed the challenge says otherwise! If you follow his rules, its easier.. lol

2014-01-09 7:29 PM

User image

New user
Seattle

My update is as follows:
Bringing healthy lunch to work the rest of the week (Tu-F) - Three for three to date on this one. I have actually dropped a couple of pounds, I think just from changing my eating habits. Lets hope this one sticks
Compare/contrast training calendars - somewhat accomplished. I am having a hard time figuring out what a training calendar means to me.
2x strength training - once tomorrow, already planned for 6:30a.m., then I will have to fit one in this weekend
1x yoga - done with a new app. More yoga to come this weekend, even if it is just 10 more minutes

Beers to be consumed this weekend with some football. Only 1/31 for training, but this will increase this weekend as well.
2014-01-09 7:36 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by jeffnboise

Originally posted by kevinbe
Originally posted by jeffnboise EXCEPT Ultra-distance running, cuz, those people are nuts. lol  Oly distance tris are my favorite, but 70.3s seem doable because the swim is something I can handle.  My calves have been a recent source of problems the past two years.  Tears in the Soleus created scar tissue that have hobbled me.  PT, Active release, Deep tissue massage and better post-workout habits have got me healthy right now, so my training is starting to gain some distance AND intensity
Jeff- welcome aboard. I have currently been hobbled in my right calf by something that sounds like what your coming through. I went out for a training run one day and got what I thought was a calf cramp, only to find out it wasn't. Six months later, I'm still on the shelf for running. Would love to pick your brain on your experience and how you treated.

Kevin, Brother, I hear you about the calf thing.  I've never been 'hurt' before and WHAM it felt like I'd been shot.  I couldn't run, ride or barely swim.  Lot's of different opinions from PTs, Sports Doctors, Chiropractors etc.  These are the facts-I started using minimalist shoes (low/zero offset AND no pronation control). About 10-15 min. into every run, I would start to land harder on my left foot, this was very noticeable when I had to run on a treadmill.  PT Therapist told me to strengthen/stretch calves; particularly Soleus (Soleus is the DEceleration muscle, so I did mostly bent-leg calf LOWERING exercises.). PT DOCTOR said I had hip imbalance so I started doing lots of hip stabilization exercises.  Chiropractor did Active Release.  Nothing was really helping.  Then I found a Massage Therapist who absolutely KILLS my calves every 2 weeks and that seems to help.  They still aren't 'right', but they're livable.  I've since moved back to a more traditional offset shoe and I work my calves with a Stick.  I need a shoe with a bit more pronation control, but $$$ are scarce, so they'll have to wait.  At the first sign of tightness I shut it down.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I had a buddy of mine that tore his calf 4in. one way and 2 in. the other way playing volleyball. He's the one that told me what I have sounded like a torn calf. He was telling me they kept him off his for 12 weeks, then it was like 8 weeks of PT doing much of what you said. I've previously been off of it for 2 months, but then it was feeling better, so I began to run again. 2 weeks of that, and it was back to square 1. I've been off of it going on 6 weeks now, and think I'll hold out another 6, then go at it aggressively with Massage, stretching, strength, and the stick. Friend told me that they had something like a long butter knife that they used to rake over his calf to break up scar tissue. The whole thing sounds rather unpleasant, but I'm hoping to be up and running again in 2014. If not, I'll be a whole lot stronger in the pool and on the bike!
Glad your getting back at it and hope it continues to improve. Send some of that healing up my way, I'd appreciate. :-)
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.

date : March 4, 2008
author : ahilden
comments : 1
Four months ago I set upon a journey to train for and complete a triathlon, and a few Sundays back I raced in the Blue Water Triathlon in Parker, Arizona.
date : April 2, 2006
author : AMSSM
The weather is warming and the season is getting started for many triathletes. Keep these tips in mind to avoid heat cramps, exhaustion and stroke.

date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.
date : April 17, 2005
author : sekhmet
We live in a fast-paced society and gym time seems more of a chore than an escape. Rushing through a workout not only yields fewer results but makes athletes prime candidates for injury.

date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.
date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.

date : January 24, 2005
New athlete injury Q&A with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.