BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-05-04 8:51 PM
in reply to: #2129976

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)
Hey everyone! Sounds like it's going to be crazy out there for some of us!

Welcome home, Amy. It's good to "hear your voice" again! We missed you and can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Julie - I was wondering how your weekend in the rain went. I'm glad the festival was a success. Our farmer's market was nice and empty Saturday because of the rain, so there was room to move!

How's the tapers going, Nicole and Cheri? Feeling the energy building?

Dan, I hope you have a great week with great weather! It's been a long winter, hasn't it?

Have a great morning - I'm helping set up a Civil War Reenactment in the am at my son's school, so I won't be around til afternoon - depending on how work goes, maybe not til evening!

Happy Tuesdays!
Trish 

2009-05-04 8:52 PM
in reply to: #2130132

User image

Veteran
Oh! I forgot Julie! Have a great play date tomorrow!

Trish 
2009-05-05 7:11 AM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Hi everyone. I had a great bike ride this morning - my longest to date, but pretty short by many of your standards. I got onto a nice stretch of road that was both winding and hilly. The hills were small enough that I could pedal on both the downhill and uphill most of the way - fun.
2009-05-05 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2130132

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
NoSit - 2009-05-04 9:51 PM Hey everyone! Sounds like it's going to be crazy out there for some of us!

Welcome home, Amy. It's good to "hear your voice" again! We missed you and can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Julie - I was wondering how your weekend in the rain went. I'm glad the festival was a success. Our farmer's market was nice and empty Saturday because of the rain, so there was room to move!

Dan, I hope you have a great week with great weather! It's been a long winter, hasn't it?

Have a great morning - I'm helping set up a Civil War Reenactment in the am at my son's school, so I won't be around til afternoon - depending on how work goes, maybe not til evening!

Happy Tuesdays!
Trish 

The excitement is definitely building for me. All of my training feels like it is coming together and peaking, especially my swimming which feels so good right now. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself but if I have a poor swim on Sunday I'll be VERY disappointed!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
2009-05-05 10:46 AM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Good morning all...almost afternoon for some of you and bed time for Dan

I am slow moving after my long weekend...but even though I worked almost 40 hours in three days...was able to rest most of yesterday..besides my LONG swim Long for me! I am not sure what is in store for the day...because of the anticipated rain...will either go for a run in the rain or for a swim in the rain.

Hope everyone has a great day...will try and visit logs this afternoon...hope to see lots of activity....

hope everyone stays safe...wash those hands!

who races this weekend? and who did I miss last weekend? anyone???

2009-05-05 11:24 AM
in reply to: #2131201

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-05-05 11:46 AM

I am slow moving after my long weekend...but even though I worked almost 40 hours in three days...was able to rest most of yesterday..besides my LONG swim Long for me! I am not sure what is in store for the day...because of the anticipated rain...will either go for a run in the rain or for a swim in the rain.

Hope everyone has a great day...will try and visit logs this afternoon...hope to see lots of activity....

ME ME ME! First tri of the season!

2009-05-05 11:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Joisy
Holy cow Julie....this looks like the hot place to be, 163 pages.  Nice job on mentoring.  I don't think I have ever seen so many pages on any mentor site.Laughing
2009-05-05 11:35 AM
in reply to: #2130839

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

MDHillSlug - 2009-05-05 9:06 AM
NoSit - 2009-05-04 9:51 PM Hey everyone! Sounds like it's going to be crazy out there for some of us!

Happy Tuesdays!
Trish 

The excitement is definitely building for me. All of my training feels like it is coming together and peaking, especially my swimming which feels so good right now. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself but if I have a poor swim on Sunday I'll be VERY disappointed!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I think I'm in a totally different place than Nicole right now.  I'm trying hard not to get too upset or jittery about this race.  My plan is to conserve energy throughout the race, in hopes that I can actually finish! 

2009-05-05 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2131378

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Sledge - 2009-05-05 12:35 PM

MDHillSlug - 2009-05-05 9:06 AM

Happy Tuesdays!
Trish 

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I think I'm in a totally different place than Nicole right now.  I'm trying hard not to get too upset or jittery about this race.  My plan is to conserve energy throughout the race, in hopes that I can actually finish! 

Oh, I'll definitely be nervous leading up to the race, but nervous in an excited way. I did this race last year and have lots of room for improvement. Hopefully I'm gonna be balls to the wall, letting it all fly!

Edited by MDHillSlug 2009-05-05 11:54 AM
2009-05-05 3:31 PM
in reply to: #2127133

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Sledge - 2009-05-03 8:31 PM

I had a fun taper day today!  I planned an OWS experience -- put  my rented wetsuit on, sat my husband on the dock as my spotter, and swam up and down the bayou. It's not as salty as the gulf will be, but there were boats creating wakes, so there were rollers and "waves". A decent simulation, I think. It was amazing how buoyant the wetsuit makes you! And I really didn't have a hard time stripping it off either. I feel good about the experience. 

See, positive thoughts!!!  I'm trying hard to get past those jitters...

Bayou as in......Gators ?...... so you had your hubby on the deck with a shotgun ?.......
Or are the scary creatures not where you are ?
2009-05-05 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2129918

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
amy mutz - 2009-05-04 8:19 PM Back from our cruise and ready to persue my goals! Miss my group much and ready to start training and catching up with all of you. I will try to catch up with everyone this week here and there between work and training seems like time on here is going to be slim, but will try my hardest. I hope everyone is healthy and happy!!!! It is time to persue my personal legend...here we go....

YEAH, I'm just giddy to see your post and see you here !  Let's rock this June tri my sista !

2009-05-05 3:35 PM
in reply to: #2130135

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
NoSit - 2009-05-04 9:52 PM Oh! I forgot Julie! Have a great play date tomorrow!

Trish 

awww, how sweet ! I had a super time ! Thank you !
2009-05-05 3:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Kinda looks like I'm aiming for my own page ! lol

You guys, I am on fire today ! I got dd ready for preschool, kisses/hugs and off to do my laundry.  Did dishes between loads, picked up around the house, went back adn got dd, off to pick up my mom at the car place, dropped off my mom and dd and
headed off to my playdate.
We had a fun lunch (chinese food) and then went on what turned out to be my longest bike ride in my life.  11 miles.........YEAH, better than that was I kept up easily with my friend who has an awesome bike. She asked when we were done "did I go too fast for you ?"  I honestly could say "NO, I kept up just fine".
We had one scary dog encounter, they ran with us for awhile, then the one came to my pedal/leg.  I was not sure which he was after so I went from "good doggie,, nice doggie " to "NO NO BAD DOG GO HOME"............which thankfully worked.  Down the street there was another guy holding on to his dog.
I hate that indiana has so few fences. It's hard for a California girl who is used to fences, we wanted to keep it all in and everyone else out !!! LOL
I was glad to have kept up and not to be tired when it was over.
Got home, filled dd's pool, tried to power wash the deck and I think the stupid power washer is broken.
Good grief, soon I'll be making dinner (packaged fajitas ..lol) and then off to sorotity.
I just felt so good after that ride !
YEAH
Oh, and I swallowed my first bug.........well that was just wrong !
2009-05-05 3:47 PM
in reply to: #2132266

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
maxmansmom - 2009-05-05 4:42 PM Kinda looks like I'm aiming for my own page ! lol

You guys, I am on fire today ! I got dd ready for preschool, kisses/hugs and off to do my laundry.  Did dishes between loads, picked up around the house, went back adn got dd, off to pick up my mom at the car place, dropped off my mom and dd and
We had a fun lunch (chinese food) and then went on what turned out to be my longest bike ride in my life.  11 miles.........YEAH, better than that was I kept up easily with my friend who has an awesome bike. She asked when we were done "did I go too fast for you ?"  I honestly could say "NO, I kept up just fine".
We had one scary dog encounter, they ran with us for awhile, then the one came to my pedal/leg.  I was not sure which he was after so I went from "good doggie,, nice doggie " to "NO NO BAD DOG GO HOME"............which thankfully worked.  Down the street there was another guy holding on to his dog.
I hate that indiana has so few fences. It's hard for a California girl who is used to fences, we wanted to keep it all in and everyone else out !!! LOL
Got home, filled dd's pool, tried to power wash the deck and I think the stupid power washer is broken.
Good grief, soon I'll be making dinner (packaged fajitas ..lol) and then off to sorotity.
YEAH

Congrats on your bike ride. Soon there will be nothing stopping you!

Are the fajitas in honor of Cinco de Mayo?

I got a bug in my mouth a few weekends ago but I manged to spit it out. Yuck!
2009-05-05 4:12 PM
in reply to: #2132240

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

maxmansmom - 2009-05-05 3:31 PM
Sledge - 2009-05-03 8:31 PM

I had a fun taper day today!  I planned an OWS experience -- put  my rented wetsuit on, sat my husband on the dock as my spotter, and swam up and down the bayou. It's not as salty as the gulf will be, but there were boats creating wakes, so there were rollers and "waves". A decent simulation, I think. It was amazing how buoyant the wetsuit makes you! And I really didn't have a hard time stripping it off either. I feel good about the experience. 

See, positive thoughts!!!  I'm trying hard to get past those jitters...

Bayou as in......Gators ?...... so you had your hubby on the deck with a shotgun ?.......
Or are the scary creatures not where you are ?

No, the only gators around are Florida Gators -- as in University of Florida.

2009-05-05 6:54 PM
in reply to: #2131332

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-05-05 9:24 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-05-05 11:46 AM

ME ME ME! First tri of the season!

SUPER GOOD LUCK..have fun....and LOTS of pictures!

2009-05-05 9:16 PM

User image

Master
Hi, everyone ... sorry I've been MIA ... things are just really difficult now ...

He's making demands that will leave me pretty much bankrupt. If I don't cave, then I know he will drag the divorce on for years. So it's really hard on me at the moment ... and just having a really hard time dealing with things. Doing some counseling and joined two support groups, so that does help. But it's really hard.

But I'm losing weight again, so that is the upside. There, I found a silver lining.
2009-05-06 6:25 AM
in reply to: #2132883

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Offthegrid - 2009-05-06 11:16 AM

Hi, everyone ... sorry I've been MIA ... things are just really difficult now ...

He's making demands that will leave me pretty much bankrupt. If I don't cave, then I know he will drag the divorce on for years. So it's really hard on me at the moment ... and just having a really hard time dealing with things. Doing some counseling and joined two support groups, so that does help. But it's really hard.

But I'm losing weight again, so that is the upside. There, I found a silver lining.

Glad to have you back with us Susie. Don't cave. Work with your lawyer and push back. Stick with the counseling and the support groups.....and stick with your training/weight loss. They will help to keep you sane.

2009-05-06 6:26 AM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Hi everyone. Happy hump day. Mine is already over and I'm enjoying a glass of cabernet with dw. I had another good training day - got in a decent run this morning and battled the crowds at the pool this evening.
2009-05-06 8:51 AM
in reply to: #2133199

User image

Veteran
dcon - 2009-05-06 4:25 AM
Offthegrid - 2009-05-06 11:16 AM Hi, everyone ... sorry I've been MIA ... things are just really difficult now ... He's making demands that will leave me pretty much bankrupt. If I don't cave, then I know he will drag the divorce on for years. So it's really hard on me at the moment ... and just having a really hard time dealing with things. Doing some counseling and joined two support groups, so that does help. But it's really hard. But I'm losing weight again, so that is the upside. There, I found a silver lining.
Glad to have you back with us Susie. Don't cave. Work with your lawyer and push back. Stick with the counseling and the support groups.....and stick with your training/weight loss. They will help to keep you sane.

x2! I know it feels like you just want to be done with it and never think about him again (I've been through a divorce, although not as scary as yours), but you'll have to live with the settlement for a long time, too. Stick to yourself - you're your own best supporter right now - and get the best deal you can.

Excellent job with the weight loss, Susie! You OWN that silver lining! 
Trish
2009-05-06 8:53 AM
in reply to: #2132266

User image

Veteran
maxmansmom - 2009-05-05 1:42 PM Kinda looks like I'm aiming for my own page ! lol

YEAH

Brilliant ride, Julie! I remember the first time I hit double digits and it's a sweet feeling, isn't it? 

2009-05-06 8:55 AM
in reply to: #2133474

User image

Veteran
Have a great day everyone! I'm on a video shoot all day (which sounds much sexier than it is, but I still like saying it), so won't be back til this evening!

Trish 
2009-05-06 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2133482

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
NoSit - 2009-05-06 9:55 AM Have a great day everyone! I'm on a video shoot all day (which sounds much sexier than it is, but I still like saying it), so won't be back til this evening!

Trish 

As subject or staff? Some exotic location?
2009-05-06 9:08 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I did a roller session this morning instead of my bike commute. I'm feeling a bit bad about ditching a commute but the weather is iffy for tonight and this was easier on my body as prep for Sunday.
2009-05-06 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2133199

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

dcon - 2009-05-06 4:25 AM
Offthegrid - 2009-05-06 11:16 AM Hi, everyone ... sorry I've been MIA ... things are just really difficult now ... He's making demands that will leave me pretty much bankrupt. If I don't cave, then I know he will drag the divorce on for years. So it's really hard on me at the moment ... and just having a really hard time dealing with things. Doing some counseling and joined two support groups, so that does help. But it's really hard. But I'm losing weight again, so that is the upside. There, I found a silver lining.

x2! x3 plus if that lawyer you are talking with is worth a darn...he should be keeping this from happening....good luck!

way to go on the weight loss...but make sure to keep working out for Susie!

hugs girl! the only thing you should be giving your dh is a SWIFT KICK IN THE A$$!!! can I help!!!???

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2009-05-06 10:00 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168