BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-05-22 8:02 AM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)
OH MY GAWD, I just got on the scale and I am 151 !  I am four lbs from my goal weight before the 14 June tri !! IT"S a GOOD DAY !!

2009-05-22 9:11 AM
in reply to: #2167624

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

maxmansmom - 2009-05-22 8:02 AM OH MY GAWD, I just got on the scale and I am 151 !  I am four lbs from my goal weight before the 14 June tri !! IT"S a GOOD DAY !!

Go Julie!  That is fabulous news!!!  Keep working it.

2009-05-22 9:23 AM
in reply to: #2167624

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
maxmansmom - 2009-05-22 9:02 AM OH MY GAWD, I just got on the scale and I am 151 !  I am four lbs from my goal weight before the 14 June tri !! IT"S a GOOD DAY !!

Awesome!

I would recommend not using the box; just drop your goggles on your towel. Re: ears: have you ever swum with ear plugs?

Is this a pool swim or OWS?
2009-05-22 4:38 PM
in reply to: #2167604

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
maxmansmom - 2009-05-22 7:57 AM 

So we do not have to wear the race number belt on the bike, is that because our number will be on our bike ?

I actually go ahead and put on my race number before I get on the bike and turn it to the back, I just turn it around to the front for the run, but you will have a number on your bike and your helmet.  Just wouldn't want to forget to put it on before the run. Cool 

I was off today and got my house all cleaned and ran a few errands.  Trying to talk my husband into a bike ride tomorrw since I've got a one hour ride scheduled this weekend. 

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!
2009-05-22 4:47 PM
in reply to: #2167886

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
MDHillSlug - 2009-05-22 10:23 AM
maxmansmom - 2009-05-22 9:02 AM OH MY GAWD, I just got on the scale and I am 151 !  I am four lbs from my goal weight before the 14 June tri !! IT"S a GOOD DAY !!

Awesome!

I would recommend not using the box; just drop your goggles on your towel. Re: ears: have you ever swum with ear plugs?

Is this a pool swim or OWS?

ok, box is out (thank you) I do swim with ear plugs, but they never seal right...... so I have it with me in case.
2009-05-22 4:49 PM
in reply to: #2168889

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
lufferly - 2009-05-22 5:38 PM

So we do not have to wear the race number belt on the bike, is that because our number will be on our bike ?

I actually go ahead and put on my race number before I get on the bike and turn it to the back, I just turn it around to the front for the run, but you will have a number on your bike and your helmet.  Just wouldn't want to forget to put it on before the run. Cool 

I was off today and got my house all cleaned and ran a few errands.  Trying to talk my husband into a bike ride tomorrw since I've got a one hour ride scheduled this weekend. 

the rules kinda scare me "do not step on timing mat beore race or you will be disqualified". My luck is i'll be lost adn step on it.......... and these things start killer early ! SHEESH

2009-05-23 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Waiting to hear how Julie's 5K went...

2009-05-23 9:22 AM

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

Good morning all...

Good luck to Yvonne and Julie...both are racing today   I hope I haven't forgotten anyone

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and train safe.  

2009-05-23 9:51 AM

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
Good Morning Gang!
Sadly, the ankle is just not ready to run. It is so frustrating as I am still not positive exactly what it is. I had a good session with my chiro for some ART on Wednesday and it felt better but then went on a 14km hike with the school on Thursday and that definitely did not help things. So long story....short....no racing today. The positive side...since it is a race series, they did allow me to transfer my entry to a later run.

Cheri, Nicole, and Julie... hoping you all have/had fantastic races this weekend +Monday
2009-05-23 9:54 AM
in reply to: #2168908

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
maxmansmom - 2009-05-22 3:49 PM
lufferly - 2009-05-22 5:38 PM

the rules kinda scare me "do not step on timing mat beore race or you will be disqualified". My luck is i'll be lost adn step on it.......... and these things start killer early ! SHEESH

Congrats on those pounds falling off you!
No worries about the race mat- it is pretty darn obvious and there are generally people 'gurading' it and directing people around.

One other little thought about your race set up- lots of great suggestions! Is also to practice running up to it and putting everything on. If you can't then at least visualize it all so you know the order.
2009-05-23 10:35 AM
in reply to: #2169552

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

I am so sorry that your ankle isn't better. 

run_yc_run - 2009-05-23 7:51 AM Good Morning Gang!
Sadly, the ankle is just not ready to run. It is so frustrating as I am still not positive exactly what it is. I had a good session with my chiro for some ART on Wednesday and it felt better but then went on a 14km hike with the school on Thursday and that definitely did not help things. So long story....short....no racing today. The positive side...since it is a race series, they did allow me to transfer my entry to a later run.

Cheri, Nicole, and Julie... hoping you all have/had fantastic races this weekend +Monday

2009-05-23 10:50 AM
in reply to: #2169559

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

run_yc_run - 2009-05-23 9:54 AM One other little thought about your race set up- lots of great suggestions! Is also to practice running up to it and putting everything on. If you can't then at least visualize it all so you know the order.

That's right!  Before my first tri, my neighbors must have thought I was crazy.  I came tearing down the driveway with my swim cap and goggles in my hand, threw my bike stuff on, rode around the block, came back and changed into my run stuff and took off again.  They were probably just shaking their heads -- they already think I'm nuts because I run every morning (and darned early).

2009-05-23 10:54 AM
in reply to: #2169552

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

run_yc_run - 2009-05-23 9:51 AM Good Morning Gang!

The weather has got to clear up!  We've got a low spinning out in the gulf and dumping tons of rain on us!  But I'd rather have this than a hurricane (or even a tropical depression).  But the rain and wind and thunderstorms make it hard to get out for my planned bike ride.

2009-05-23 2:26 PM
in reply to: #2169656

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Sledge - 2009-05-23 10:54 AM

The weather has got to clear up!  We've got a low spinning out in the gulf and dumping tons of rain on us!  But I'd rather have this than a hurricane (or even a tropical depression).  But the rain and wind and thunderstorms make it hard to get out for my planned bike ride.

I was watching the weather this morning and thought about you as it was looking like you were still in for that rainy weather.  I went to the nursery and bought some plants, and it is pouring down rain here now. We are just in that rainy afternoon weather pattern, supposedly through the holiday.  Hope it clears up soon for you!
2009-05-23 2:28 PM
in reply to: #2169629

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
kew - 2009-05-23 10:35 AM

Hope your ankle feels better soon, Yvonne.  And Cheri might be running in the rain!
2009-05-23 2:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
And good luck to Isabelle. She has her half mary tomorrow!

2009-05-23 3:51 PM
in reply to: #2169811

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
lufferly - 2009-05-23 1:28 PM
kew - 2009-05-23 10:35 AM

Hope your ankle feels better soon, Yvonne.  And Cheri might be running in the rain!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling very fortunate that DH and I both have pretty comprehensive extended med plans so that I can do whatever treatments might help. I have had ART, Graston, massage and went to accupuncture today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I know that I should consider going to a PT too but the catch there is that I will need to make an appointment with my MD to get a referral- and timing can be tough.

Hoping the sun will shine on you tomorrow, Cheri! Otherwise, embrace the puddles and jump in!
2009-05-23 4:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Hi my loves !  I missed that Cheri was racing, I am so sorry....  and Yvonne, I am sorry you are injured !  Isabell and a 1/2 mary ?........OK FROM NOW ON MY HOUSE WILL BE 2nd to you !!! This was rediculous, I stain a deck and miss EVERYTHING .........lol
 Thank you for your encouragement for my 5k today, I got a pretty red shirt and got to pin on a number for the first time in my life. WOOHOO
My goals today were  do not be a wussy and walk, and do not come in dead last.  They said the course was moderately hilly NOT!!1  Even experienced racers were in disbelief at all the hills and STEEP hills. 
SO I did not walk, YEAH, I was 72 out of 77 entrants.........BUT I WAS NOT DEAD LAST !!!! WOOOOHOOOO ok one behind me was a new mom pushing a 3 month old baby....... so really I just can't count her !
THEN, a few hours later a group of us rode 10 miles on our bikes.
I just got home and I am crazy hungry !!! lol
Had to check in and tell you that about mile 2 when I was on a hill and so tired I kept repeating  your names in my head "Amy, Sledge, Girl passing on left, Lyssa  and so on".....  I did not want to come back here and tell you I had walked or was last.
YOu all ispire me to be better, and I ran this thing in 35  minutes..........  awesome for me considering hills, I wonder how i'd have done without them ?........
VERY EXCITING all of this !!!
hugs to you all !!!
2009-05-23 7:15 PM
in reply to: #2169926

User image

Veteran
British Columbia
WoooooHooooo...Congratulations Julie. I am so proud of you!! But remember... YOU GOT OUT THERE AND DID IT!!! And whether you walk part of it or run it...we will always be proud of you. Off to the pool this evening. Take care everyone.
maxmansmom - 2009-05-23 2:08 PMHi my loves !  I missed that Cheri was racing, I am so sorry....  and Yvonne, I am sorry you are injured !  Isabell and a 1/2 mary ?........OK FROM NOW ON MY HOUSE WILL BE 2nd to you !!! This was rediculous, I stain a deck and miss EVERYTHING .........lol
 Thank you for your encouragement for my 5k today, I got a pretty red shirt and got to pin on a number for the first time in my life. WOOHOO
My goals today were  do not be a wussy and walk, and do not come in dead last.  They said the course was moderately hilly NOT!!1  Even experienced racers were in disbelief at all the hills and STEEP hills. 
SO I did not walk, YEAH, I was 72 out of 77 entrants.........BUT I WAS NOT DEAD LAST !!!! WOOOOHOOOO ok one behind me was a new mom pushing a 3 month old baby....... so really I just can't count her !
Had to check in and tell you that about mile 2 when I was on a hill and so tired I kept repeating  your names in my head "Amy, Sledge, Girl passing on left, Lyssa  and so on".....  I did not want to come back here and tell you I had walked or was last.
YOu all ispire me to be better, and I ran this thing in 35  minutes..........  awesome for me considering hills, I wonder how i'd have done without them ?........
hugs to you all !!!
2009-05-23 7:40 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
maxmansmom - 2009-05-23 5:08 PM Hi my loves !  I missed that Cheri was racing, I am so sorry....  and Yvonne, I am sorry you are injured !  Isabell and a 1/2 mary ?........OK FROM NOW ON MY HOUSE WILL BE 2nd to you !!! This was rediculous, I stain a deck and miss EVERYTHING .........lol
hugs to you all !!!

Congrats on finishing your hilly 5k without walking! w00t! And congrats on having enough left in the tank to bike 10 miles; awesome! You are going to be so ready for your tri.
2009-05-23 7:42 PM
in reply to: #2169652

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Sledge - 2009-05-23 11:50 AM

run_yc_run - 2009-05-23 9:54 AM One other little thought about your race set up- lots of great suggestions! Is also to practice running up to it and putting everything on. If you can't then at least visualize it all so you know the order.

That's right!  Before my first tri, my neighbors must have thought I was crazy.  I came tearing down the driveway with my swim cap and goggles in my hand, threw my bike stuff on, rode around the block, came back and changed into my run stuff and took off again.  They were probably just shaking their heads -- they already think I'm nuts because I run every morning (and darned early).

Before my first tri I did my own practice tri. I set up my own transition area at the pool with my bike and my stuff and my partner sat in the car and watched over it while I swam, biked, and ran. It really boosted my confidence.

2009-05-23 7:58 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
maxmansmom - 2009-05-24 6:08 AM

Hi my loves !  I missed that Cheri was racing, I am so sorry....  and Yvonne, I am sorry you are injured !  Isabell and a 1/2 mary ?........OK FROM NOW ON MY HOUSE WILL BE 2nd to you !!! This was rediculous, I stain a deck and miss EVERYTHING .........lol
hugs to you all !!!

Way to go Julie!! Hills are tough for me too. I need to start working some into my runs - easy to do as there are lots of hills around me.
2009-05-23 8:59 PM

Veteran

Hi everyone- just making a brief check-in to say hello- haven't forgotten about this super team-- getting updated with everyone's posts. Sounds like we have some injuries (ugh), some awesome racing, and steady training going on!!

I'm getting ready to head out tomorrow to find some hills for biking. We are in a extremely flat area- here in south western Ontario- the only incline we have is riding up an overpass!! So we're getting up early- driving over an hr- to find some inclines!!! I'm a tad nervous- as am a slug going up, and kinda scarred flying down- so will try to dig deep and find some ... "COURAGE!!". Should be interesting... I need the experince as my first HIM in July has some hills!!

Cheers everyone- happy, safe training!!

-Helen

2009-05-23 9:19 PM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

maxmansmom - 2009-05-23 4:08 PM Hi my loves !  I missed that Cheri was racing, I am so sorry....  and Yvonne, I am sorry you are injured !  Isabell and a 1/2 mary ?........OK FROM NOW ON MY HOUSE WILL BE 2nd to you !!! This was rediculous, I stain a deck and miss EVERYTHING .........lol
hugs to you all !!!

Julie, I am SO PROUD of you!!!  35 minutes is awesome, even without hills.  You must have had an incredible group of 77 people.  Most of our local races have categories for run and walk, and I just looked up the last 5K (which was last weekend).  The very last runner came in at 47:16, so you would have beat him by 12 minutes!  SUPER JOB!!!!

2009-05-23 9:26 PM
in reply to: #2170233

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

HelenR - 2009-05-23 8:59 PM

Hi everyone- just making a brief check-in to say hello- haven't forgotten about this super team-- getting updated with everyone's posts. Sounds like we have some injuries (ugh), some awesome racing, and steady training going on!!

I'm getting ready to head out tomorrow to find some hills for biking. We are in a extremely flat area- here in south western Ontario- the only incline we have is riding up an overpass!! So we're getting up early- driving over an hr- to find some inclines!!! I'm a tad nervous- as am a slug going up, and kinda scarred flying down- so will try to dig deep and find some ... "COURAGE!!". Should be interesting... I need the experince as my first HIM in July has some hills!!

Cheers everyone- happy, safe training!!

-Helen

First, I love that you say "my first HIM" -- sounds like you have many more planned for your future.  Good for you!  And second, I also love that you are attempting to conquer those hills.  I remember the first time I came "screaming" down a hill (remember, I live in Florida, and hills are a rarity here too).  I was so concerned, and almost let it defeat me.  I was even tempted to get off the bike and walk.  But now I love them!  And during my "first HIM" the only hill was a bridge overpass!!  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168