BT Development Mentor Program Archives » MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 38

2011-01-03 3:18 PM
in reply to: #3274821

User image

Master
Vista, CA
Subject: RE: MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED!

burnettbunch - 2011-01-03 12:46 PM Can anyone provide insight into the graph on my training log of planned vs. actual??  I understand what it is, but I don't understand why it looks the way it does when I inputed my data for todays workouts.  Makes me look really bad!! I didn't do all that was planned, but it makes it look like I did a 1/4 of what was planned.  Strange.

On another note, it felt great to be back in the water today.  I did my strength training before swimming and once I was in the pool, quickly discovered that I didn't eat enough for breakfast this morning. I was faint and dizzy, which has never happened to me in the pool before.  I cut my session short after 1000m. The only think I can think of was not eating enough calories this morning...

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Hi Jenn -- As far as the log, it's showing your target for the whole week I believe so it would be normal that you're not there yet since it's just Monday.

Great Job getting to the gym and the pool today! Woo-hoo. What a great start to your plan.

As far as getting dizzy, yes it could be lack of nutrition, especially since you worked out first with weights. It could also be dehydration...more water or electrolyte replacement (ie: gatorade), and if you continue to get dizzy, you might consider the chlorine gas in an enclosed space. I assume your pool is indoors?  If it's outside, then the problem is probably from nutrition. You'll learn all kinds of things on this journey.

2011-01-03 4:17 PM
in reply to: #3256055

User image

Veteran
Austin
Newbie Question of the Week:  Topic Swimming

Recap: I'm set to do my first tri in June and am new to all three areas (started training 2 months ago).  Non-athlete, but have been working out regularly for past 1 1/2 years (mostly strength, elliptical, pilates).  Not working with much natural ability, but have lots of determination.

I started swimming about 2 months ago and have been trying to swim 3x per week.  Working with no formal training.  I started by just trying to swim and work on breathing and endurance.  After a few weeks I was around 3:00 per 100, but could swim the sprint distance.  Over the last three weeks I've been working with a video Terry Laughlin: Easy Freestyle Swimming (because this is what they have on netflix!) and doing drills.  I am now around 2:30 per 100 and feel much calmer with my swimming, but know I still have lots to work on with my technique.  I have also looked into doing some private lessons at the Y (was going to start with 4 lessons 1/2 hour each).  So here are the questions:

1) I have been delaying taking lessons because I wanted to be at a place where I had more to work with (more skill hopefully).  Is this an okay idea or should I just go ahead and do the lessons?  If I do the lessons, should I do 1 per week - 1 ever over week?  If I delay the lessons, how long should I delay?  Other options?

2) I'm getting ready to start my training plan in a few weeks and it has set swimming times.  How do people structure their swims?  How do you pick what drills you are going to do (and any good places to learn to do these drills)?  Any other tips?

All and any ideas welcome!

Thanks! 
2011-01-03 5:29 PM
in reply to: #3274870

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
lmscozz - 2011-01-03 3:12 PM

pga_mike - 2011-01-03 10:38 AM Wassup y'all.

Time to brag about how wonderful I am.

PR on 1/2/10 - 49:10 by 1 minute 50 seconds

good job Spuddy Budddy. Can I call you that since I'll be at CDA, too God willing.

You may call me anything that you wish.  Just don't call me late for dinner.

BTW, it was a 10k, lest anyone think that I ran a 10 miler.
2011-01-03 5:44 PM
in reply to: #3275040

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
lounav - 2011-01-03 4:17 PM Newbie Question of the Week:  Topic Swimming

Recap: I'm set to do my first tri in June and am new to all three areas (started training 2 months ago).  Non-athlete, but have been working out regularly for past 1 1/2 years (mostly strength, elliptical, pilates).  Not working with much natural ability, but have lots of determination.

I started swimming about 2 months ago and have been trying to swim 3x per week.  Working with no formal training.  I started by just trying to swim and work on breathing and endurance.  After a few weeks I was around 3:00 per 100, but could swim the sprint distance.  Over the last three weeks I've been working with a video Terry Laughlin: Easy Freestyle Swimming (because this is what they have on netflix!) and doing drills.  I am now around 2:30 per 100 and feel much calmer with my swimming, but know I still have lots to work on with my technique.  I have also looked into doing some private lessons at the Y (was going to start with 4 lessons 1/2 hour each).  So here are the questions:

1) I have been delaying taking lessons because I wanted to be at a place where I had more to work with (more skill hopefully).  Is this an okay idea or should I just go ahead and do the lessons?  If I do the lessons, should I do 1 per week - 1 ever over week?  If I delay the lessons, how long should I delay?  Other options?

2) I'm getting ready to start my training plan in a few weeks and it has set swimming times.  How do people structure their swims?  How do you pick what drills you are going to do (and any good places to learn to do these drills)?  Any other tips?

Thanks! 

1) As a golf  instructor, I dislike this mentality.  Why torture yourself during the early stages of learning, which can be filled with the most frustration and slowest progress.  Do yourself a favor and get an instructor for 1 on 1 sessions (if you can afford them).  Go for once a week, or every other week.  Just be sure to practice between lessons.
2) I do long, slow-easy swims when I am by myself.  I like ladders.  100/200/300/200/100.  I do speed workouts with the team, which my coach provides.  They normally start with a 400 easy / A mix of drills that are around 1000 / A mix of kicking drills around 400 / Speed work of about 400 / Moderate pace 400 / 200-400 of cooldown.  Right around 1 hour for me.
2011-01-03 6:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY

What Mike said - GET THE LESSONS- don't delay! I would do once lesson a week and then one or two practice sessions on my own after that. Have fun!
2011-01-03 6:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY
I am trying to cobble together what events I will participate in this season. The only tri I have my sights set on is the NYC Triathlon in August. I dont have anything scheduled other than that, but was thinking of something like this -

April - JFK Runway run (on the runway at the airport! 5K)
August - NYC Triathlon (Olympic distance)
September - Danskin Womens Tri (Sprint)
October - Divas Half Marathon

There is alot of space in between April and August, I know. Should I try to get another event in there, and of so what should it be? A little mind numbed and freaked out as last year this time I had a sweet full schedule planned and life said "Oh really?" and I didnt do ANY and my training was non existent. So I want to be conservative.....any suggestions?

2011-01-03 8:19 PM
in reply to: #3275197

User image

Veteran
pga_mike - 2011-01-03 4:44 PM

Thanks! 

1) As a golf  instructor, I dislike this mentality.  Why torture yourself during the early stages of learning, which can be filled with the most frustration and slowest progress.  Do yourself a favor and get an instructor for 1 on 1 sessions (if you can afford them).  Go for once a week, or every other week.  Just be sure to practice between lessons.
2) I do long, slow-easy swims when I am by myself.  I like ladders.  100/200/300/200/100.  I do speed workouts with the team, which my coach provides.  They normally start with a 400 easy / A mix of drills that are around 1000 / A mix of kicking drills around 400 / Speed work of about 400 / Moderate pace 400 / 200-400 of cooldown.  Right around 1 hour for me.

Definately agree with what Mike said! If you can get a coach now - do it!  It is a lot harder to change the way you swim than to learn the right way.... trust me!!  I have been working with my coach to change from my short/choppy flat water-polo stroke to a long, gliding one where I rotate - and it is really hard to break those habits!  Once I start my training full force again - most of my swimming will be coached - with a group.  But when I do swim on my own I will often just swim for endurance - sometimes focusing on the drill sets too to help enforce my stroke.
2011-01-03 8:28 PM
in reply to: #3274390

User image

Veteran
crystalashworth - 2011-01-03 11:03 AM Happy Happy New Years Manatees!  :D

Just got caught up on pages 14-16 - whew!  I wasn't online much over the New Year weekend.

So, one of my New Year's Goals was to schedule 6 workout days a week, and actually complete 4 of them.  I completed 3 last week - so just shy of the goal.  But I consider THIS week to be the full first week of 2011 - so last week didn't count.  HA! 

Question: Can I do my first sprint triathlon on a mountain bike?  I don't have a road or tri bike, and don't really have the $$ to get one either.  So, just wondering if it's like totally forbidden, and people will throw rotten fruits and veggies at me if I show up with a mountain bike?

I can't believe my first tri is only 2.5 months away - freaking.out.here.  But SO excited too!

Thanks everyone for your inspires!  The mentor group and the training logs are great accountability tools - since you know you have people tracking your progress and cheering you on, you are less likely to give up!

Wishing everyone a great week!

I did my first one on my mountain bike - and loved every second of it!!  I wouldn't worry about it at all! The one thing I have learned in the very short time I have been doing this (1 season) - "tri" people are really supportive  and will cheer you on no matter what your riding!! But like Lynn said - check your tires to make sure they are the really knobby ones.   I still don't have reall "tri" bike. Have an entry level road bike and got aeo-bars put on it this fall... one does what one can!!   So go out and RIDE!!!
2011-01-03 8:40 PM
in reply to: #3275251

User image

Veteran
bluwatersoul - 2011-01-03 5:09 PM I am trying to cobble together what events I will participate in this season. The only tri I have my sights set on is the NYC Triathlon in August. I dont have anything scheduled other than that, but was thinking of something like this -

April - JFK Runway run (on the runway at the airport! 5K)
August - NYC Triathlon (Olympic distance)
September - Danskin Womens Tri (Sprint)
October - Divas Half Marathon

There is alot of space in between April and August, I know. Should I try to get another event in there, and of so what should it be? A little mind numbed and freaked out as last year this time I had a sweet full schedule planned and life said "Oh really?" and I didnt do ANY and my training was non existent. So I want to be conservative.....any suggestions?

Hey Megan!
I've been to JFK... sure hope they shut the runway down! (haha)

I really haven't been doing this long enought to give anyone advise on their planned schedule  - so looks good to me! If you could find a sprint to do between April and August - that might help build for your oly.  THAT being said.... it's really about doing what feels right for you... without feeling mind numbed and stressed - but finding the balance that works.  If you can leave it like that,  and then when the time comes - if a tri comes up and you feel ready and there is space - then go for it!
2011-01-03 10:10 PM
in reply to: #3274891

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
lmscozz - 2011-01-03 2:18 PM

burnettbunch - 2011-01-03 12:46 PM Can anyone provide insight into the graph on my training log of planned vs. actual??  I understand what it is, but I don't understand why it looks the way it does when I inputed my data for todays workouts.  Makes me look really bad!! I didn't do all that was planned, but it makes it look like I did a 1/4 of what was planned.  Strange.

On another note, it felt great to be back in the water today.  I did my strength training before swimming and once I was in the pool, quickly discovered that I didn't eat enough for breakfast this morning. I was faint and dizzy, which has never happened to me in the pool before.  I cut my session short after 1000m. The only think I can think of was not eating enough calories this morning...

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Hi Jenn -- As far as the log, it's showing your target for the whole week I believe so it would be normal that you're not there yet since it's just Monday.

Great Job getting to the gym and the pool today! Woo-hoo. What a great start to your plan.

As far as getting dizzy, yes it could be lack of nutrition, especially since you worked out first with weights. It could also be dehydration...more water or electrolyte replacement (ie: gatorade), and if you continue to get dizzy, you might consider the chlorine gas in an enclosed space. I assume your pool is indoors?  If it's outside, then the problem is probably from nutrition. You'll learn all kinds of things on this journey.  

Jenn - I think Lynn nailed it on the training chart - it is a weekly goal so as you work out you will closer to the goal.

Nailed it too on the dizziness - I often get / got dizzy after working with weights, especially when I do aerobic activity immediately afterwards.  I now do the weights after my aerobic activity and it does help.  When thinking what to do first, consider what is more important becasue that is where you will have more energy and will probably see the gains first.  Also look at the nutrition, but be careful about consuming calories you don't want or need (get LOTS of fluids, but not a lot of sugar- I started gaining weight from drinking gatoraid after all my workouts - recovered well, but I probably would have been better with 0 calorie electronlite fluid).  Reading

Might also be your body just reacting to the change in activity level.  My first few weight sessions always seemed to cause similar issues, but it passed on the 2nd or 3rd session without changes to my diet.  DON'T PUSH YOURSELF TOO HARD TOO SOON!!
2011-01-04 12:11 AM

User image

Melon Presser
mackjenn - 2011-01-04 11:10 AM
DON'T PUSH YOURSELF TOO HARD TOO SOON!!

If there is one piece of advice I could hammer home to all of us, this would be it (and perhaps to myself especially!).

Lynn and I have learned the hard way, and several others of us have, too.

2011-01-04 12:49 AM
in reply to: #3274506

User image

Regular
Redlands, CA
pga_mike - 2011-01-03 12:38 PM Wassup y'all.

Yay!  Congrats!
2011-01-04 1:02 AM

User image

Regular
Redlands, CA

Thanks! 

Yes, take lessons as soon as you can.  I learned so much from my coach that I regret starting later than I should have.  Instead of lessons, have you checked if there is a master's swim program in your area?  That might be a better alternative because they tell you what drills to do while still teaching you how to swim.  (Okay, side note:  that's what they do here at the Master's program near me.  Yes, I wish I could attend this program, but unfortunately the times conflict with my scheduleFrown.
2011-01-04 8:00 AM
in reply to: #3274870

User image

Melon Presser
lmscozz - 2011-01-04 4:12 AM

pga_mike - 2011-01-03 10:38 AM Wassup y'all.

good job Spuddy Budddy. Can I call you that since I'll be at CDA, too God willing.

indeed, pengy-platy ... are you going to put that pr as a milestone on the group spreadsheet, hmmm?
2011-01-04 9:26 AM

User image

Melon Presser
2011-01-04 9:29 AM

User image

Melon Presser
Here are some of my thoughts regarding BASE TRAINING that especially our newer members or those building back up may find useful. I just submitted it as a BT article.

BASE TRAINING

You've probably heard a lot about "base." What exactly is it, why is it so important, and how does it benefit you?

These are the basics and what I’ve found to be areas of consensus in my research, which does mean there are going to be some gross generalizations. As always … grain of salt, dig around for yourself, ask questions about how this fits into your current level of fitness / training plan / life goals / will you get to heaven (or at least tri heaven).

Building a Foundation

As the name suggests, this period of training is the foundation of the endurance athlete’s training cycle, and it mainly consists of long, steady work of increasing distance. This type of training should make up the majority of your cycle, especially as a beginning triathlete. You know how the experienced athletes keep saying, “Just swim bike run, swim bike run …” and that nothing substitutes for time in the disciplines? Absolutely true, for many reasons. Simply, practice makes perfect. You’re training your nervous and muscular systems to respond in the way you want. You’re building endurance in the exact ways you need it in order to successfully complete and later if you wish race triathlon.

The question is, how exactly does one swim bike run, how much, and when?

The simple answer, as it pertains to base, is that if the most important thing is T.I.T.S. (Time In The … Saddle/Swim/Street), then the way you can SAFELY get the most time in is by doing most of your training at a sustainable level. Simply put: do most of your workouts at a pace where you could speak in whole sentences.

There are many points of contention regarding base training. If you look at quality research and information yourself, you will find the point of convergence seems to be that the more of a beginner endurance athlete you are, a) the more of that base should be in lower-intensity work, and b) the longer of a base period you need.

Let me repeat the most important part: the way you can safely do the most time training is at a lower intensity.

Physical Changes and Benefits

The major effect is that your body learns to use oxygen most efficiently to power your muscles, and the tried-and-true method to doing this is spending a lot of time in lower-intensity base building. (Cardiovascular fitness is related: your heart—a muscle—has to do a lot less work to deliver oxygen, and then your body muscle cells are also trained to use that oxygen most efficiently). You’ll notice that some of these benefits are similar to those of active-recovery workouts (which are done at the lowest end of effort).

Building a solid base is the foundation to increasing your athletic performance. If you want to go faster, first, go slower in order to be able to get the necessary volume in. During base, you gradually become faster while you are still putting forth the same amount of effort. Then if you eventually really put a lot of effort in (say, in a race), you will go much faster.

1. Improves fat metabolism. In lower-intensity training, your body preferentially uses more fat than sugar as a fuel source, and the more you do, the more you are training your body to prefer fat for fuel. (Important for weight loss—the lower the intensity, the longer you can go, the more fat you will burn. Simplification, but fairly true). The concentration of enzymes that help convert fat into energy also increase.
  2. Develops slow twitch muscle fibers. These get bigger. They are the muscle fibers that will contract repeatedly without fatiguing (=> endurance).
  3. Increases capillary density. Capillaries are small blood vessels that deliver oxygen to your muscles. The more you have, the longer you can continue to perform (=> endurance). 
  4. Reduces risk of injury and burnout. You’re putting a manageable amount of stress on your joints, muscles, and connective tissue so they build up. Obviously, this is good in any case. Also, if/when you eventually introduce higher-intensity training, you will be putting a lot of stress on your body, and you’ll need to have your frame built strong.
  5. Strengthens immune system. As above—good in any case, and higher-intensity straining also stresses the immune system, so it’s good to have it already strong.
  6. More energy.

A.    Energy in the sports sense. The number of mitochondria increase: these structures in the cell produce energy. So => more energy. Important for races!

B.     Energy in the layperson sense. You rev your metabolism without taxing your body too much. At most (to borrow a phrase from a fantastic fellow BTer), the workouts leave you “pleasantly tired.” If you’re getting a lot of training in, it’s important to avoid burnout, and doing the workouts at a base-level intensity does just that. These workouts give you a sense of well-being instead of “I’m blown out;” they relieve stress and improve your quality of sleep.

C.     You recover more easily from these workouts, so you can do more training (or attend to life—pretty important, huh?)

7. Mental improvements. You can be more relaxed and at ease, practice “meditative” workouts, and the steady rhythm of the workout (as opposed to having to “dig deep” or do intense intervals) lends itself well to mental focus that you’ll need for races. Remember, even “sprint” tris are 1-3 hours long.

Duration of Base Period

The longer, the better. Like, years. Reality check: while the journey is the true reward, we want to do races, too. They motivate us by having something to work toward, something to enjoy, and then something to improve on.  And you can incorporate a bit of higher-intensity or harder work from the outset: just when in doubt, do less, and if it’s interfering with working out the next time, definitely dial back. The proportion of high-intensity work you do can increase as you build base and get fitter.

Back to ideal (to help explain why a long base period is so important and makes up so much of the training cycle) … this is what Joe Friel has to say about it:

“Endurance implies an aerobic level of exertion … For the novice multisport athlete, endurance is the key to improvement. Emphasize this ability above all others in the first year or two of training … A high level of endurance takes years to mature … Plan on taking months and even years to fully develop endurance, rather than days or weeks.” The Triathlete’s Training Bible

Many athletes struggle with doing base and staying in it for long periods of time—“I don’t really feel like I’m getting a workout!” What you’re not getting is that intense rush. What you are getting is the most important kind of workout.

I would also say building base is as fun as you want to make it. For example: run/walk is a type of interval that breaks a workout up, makes it easier, makes it more interesting, and might let you work out for longer. Also, as you progress through base, you get fitter, so you can incorporate more strength or power training like hills.

2011-01-04 9:49 AM

User image

Melon Presser
And as promised, my first race report, complete with finisher's picture (Swamp Thing in a Cotton Bra, I call it). Also, the bike I used (although it's from a later race and is sadly missing the horn).

I AM TRI-ATHENA!!!

posted 04/10/05

Many thanks to my well-wishers (and by the way, I've enabled non-member comments again).  I am tremendously pleased to report that I am indeed alive, moreover, having as much skin as I entered the triathlon with, and if any other racers don't, at least it wasn't on account of me.

And, since I am making the world a better place simply because people laugh a lot when they see me (not sure why ... must ponder ... ) I tootled my turtle-squeaky-horn with vigor every time I passed a race volunteer. By the third lap some of them were chanting, "Squeak that cute horn!" I hope they were talking about the turtle.

I didn't come in dead last, either, which really surprised me.  Triathletes are a pretty dedicated bunch--I mean, THEY didn't have squeaky horns or streamers on their bikes--but I finished in the top five in my division (okay, okay, there were only five in my division).  

I wasn't last in the run (the first leg), but I was by far the last cyclist in--even the runners behind me had overtaken me.  However, I passed several people in the transition between bike/swim and then charged ahead of several more during the swim.  And now I really am going to tootle my own horn (I deserve it, dammit!)--I'm a great swimmer.  I clocked a faster swim time than some of the top finishers, despite that on the last 150m both my legs were completely cramped up and I was windmilling ahead on arms only, pulling dead leg weight behind me.

Not bad for a little girl who just learned how to ride a bicycle.

A final note: technically, this was a 'sprint' triathlon--4mi run, 10mi bike, 400m swim. All I can say is, no bloody event lasting more than ten minutes should ever be called a sprint.  Ever.

(Bike.Crop.jpg)

(FirstTriCrop2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Bike.Crop.jpg (25KB - 11 downloads)
FirstTriCrop2.jpg (17KB - 16 downloads)
2011-01-04 9:57 AM
in reply to: #3275804

User image

Master
Vista, CA

TriAya - 2011-01-03 10:11 PM
mackjenn - 2011-01-04 11:10 AM
DON'T PUSH YOURSELF TOO HARD TOO SOON!!

If there is one piece of advice I could hammer home to all of us, this would be it (and perhaps to myself especially!).

Lynn and I have learned the hard way, and several others of us have, too.

Amen, sister!

2011-01-04 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3276350

User image

Regular
Redlands, CA
TriAya - 2011-01-04 9:29 AM Here are some of my thoughts regarding BASE TRAINING that especially our newer members or those building back up may find useful. I just submitted it as a BT article.

Thanks for posting this!  I hate fat burning training because it's so slllllooooooooowww.  You've just reminded me that it's good for me and that I need to do it!
2011-01-04 11:54 AM
in reply to: #3276853

User image

Melon Presser
iluvmybeamer - 2011-01-05 12:45 AM
TriAya - 2011-01-04 9:29 AM Here are some of my thoughts regarding BASE TRAINING that especially our newer members or those building back up may find useful. I just submitted it as a BT article.

Thanks for posting this!  I hate fat burning training because it's so slllllooooooooowww.  You've just reminded me that it's good for me and that I need to do it!

I'm sad btw that you can't make masters swimming ... are you talking about the one at loma linda coached by mike murphy? that is too bad indeed ... he was my neighbor and coach, and he is a real upstanding guy and a wonderful piglet.
2011-01-04 12:20 PM
in reply to: #3276418

User image

Regular
Dubln, Ohio

We have something in common.  Outstanding swimmer and poor runner.  Top 10-15% in swimming all age groups and bottom 10% running.  At least I'm not the only one. 

Edited by Lagnar 2011-01-04 12:21 PM

2011-01-04 1:29 PM
in reply to: #3275824

User image

Veteran
Austin
iluvmybeamer - 2011-01-04 1:02 AM

Thanks! 

Yes, take lessons as soon as you can.  I learned so much from my coach that I regret starting later than I should have.  Instead of lessons, have you checked if there is a master's swim program in your area?  That might be a better alternative because they tell you what drills to do while still teaching you how to swim.  (Okay, side note:  that's what they do here at the Master's program near me.  Yes, I wish I could attend this program, but unfortunately the times conflict with my scheduleFrown.

Thanks for all the tips and I will follow the strong option and sign up for lessons this week.  I have looked at the master's swim program and have thought about doing it, but right now feel like the schedule would be to hard for me to work around ~ if swimming were my only weak link, I'd do it and work around it.  
2011-01-04 1:29 PM
in reply to: #3275824

User image

Veteran
Austin
double post :(

Edited by lounav 2011-01-04 4:01 PM
2011-01-04 2:04 PM
in reply to: #3277184

User image

Melon Presser
lounav - 2011-01-05 2:29 AM
Thanks for all the tips and I will follow the strong option and sign up for lessons this week.  I have looked at the master's swim program and have thought about doing it, but right now feel like the schedule would be to hard for me to work around ~ if swimming were my only weak link, I'd do it and work around it.  

good girl!

masters is good if you do know how to swim okay, can't afford lessons or none are available, and/or want to kick it up a notch.

honestly, for you, i'd probably say spend as much time in the saddle as you can. it's easy to forget that 'tri'athlon does not mean three equal parts. the bike is the whopper in almost every single triathlon; moreover, a tough bike sets you up for a tough run no matter how strong a runner you are.
2011-01-04 2:36 PM
in reply to: #3276889

User image

Regular
Redlands, CA
TriAya - 2011-01-04 11:54 AM
iluvmybeamer - 2011-01-05 12:45 AM

I'm sad btw that you can't make masters swimming ... are you talking about the one at loma linda coached by mike murphy? that is too bad indeed ... he was my neighbor and coach, and he is a real upstanding guy and a wonderful piglet.

Nope, not Mike Murphy.  I was not aware of Loma Linda's master's swim program.  I was referring to the Yucaipa Master's Swim program.  (on a side note: Redlands should opening one up this year).  My husband works all over the clock and it's a rotating shift.  Plus he is also training for a triathlon.  We hired a coach because of my husband's schedule and the kiddos.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 38