BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2011-02-01 1:26 PM
in reply to: #3333466

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed
LockOut - 2011-02-01 2:02 AM That's exciting, Andrew! I got my tri bike fit back in October, but I got a new Adamo saddle and am going to be working on my flexibility for the next couple of months, so I will get another one done before the beginning of the season. It makes such a big difference when people know what they're doing! Very exciting about all that!

I think I am going to get the Adamo saddle as well. The person that was helping me threw in a spare seat for free just so I don't have to constantly swap the seats out when I switch riding positions. I like how everything turned out design wise. 

2011-02-01 1:26 PM
in reply to: #3256935

User image

Bronze member
Nice bike Andrew!! Now you are ready to race!

I made it to the pool while there was a break in the weather so I got my swim in after all. Now we are getting pelted with ice. Glad I got out while I could!
2011-02-01 5:13 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
ooohhh new toys, she looks pretty. Have you named her yet?

swim session tonight. completed a 2500m session in just over the 50 minute mark. Was on for a sub 50' time but sufferred with the beginnings of cramp from length 73 onwards and had to slow down some. Still a good session as knocked over a minute or 2 1/4 lengths off of last week

Got a bit of technical info off of brother at weekend in regards to stroke and ensuring the arm follows all the way through, definitely made a difference in smoothness of stroke and arm movement tonight. first 1250 was done in sub 24

hope everyones training is going well this week
2011-02-01 8:33 PM
in reply to: #3334057

User image

South Florida
swim session tonight. completed a 2500m session in just over the 50 minute mark. Was on for a sub 50' time but sufferred with the beginnings of cramp from length 73 onwards and had to slow down some. Still a good session as knocked over a minute or 2 1/4 lengths off of last week

Got a bit of technical info off of brother at weekend in regards to stroke and ensuring the arm follows all the way through, definitely made a difference in smoothness of stroke and arm movement tonight. first 1250 was done in sub 24

Great job with the swim. It amazes me as to the little tweeks we do and the benefit that comes from it.

2011-02-01 8:36 PM
in reply to: #3334388

User image

South Florida
Sweet bike Andrew. Good luck with it! Ride it like you stole it. Which Adamo are you planning on going with? I had a Adamo Century, but didn't like how wide it was up front. But everyone is different, so good luck with it.

All these new bikes has me a bit jealous. I'll be looking once the wedding and honeymoon are over. Thats if i have any money left over. **fingers crossed**
2011-02-01 10:45 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Sweet bike Andrew!  Ride safe!

2011-02-02 4:41 AM

Veteran
hello everyone- have been MIA- working lots along with lots of family commitments ( aww the sandwich generation!) Catching up on everyone's post- looks like some new toys around. I'm still planning on first event Mar 27- 30 km Around The Bay race. Back is a bit better- however still not 100% Kinda a nagging problem.
It's still snowing = calling for 20 cm today- suppose to run 75 min- m/b a tready run- ugh!)
-Helen
2011-02-02 6:57 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Alright folks, I'm calling you out!!!  Too many logs with nothing in them.  Especially for Tuesday, day one of the new month.  Get on it.   Let's make this your best month of 2011.

2011-02-02 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Awesome looking ride Andrew! Love the color's on that Dale!
2011-02-02 12:44 PM
in reply to: #3334719

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
velocomp - 2011-02-02 7:57 AM

Alright folks, I'm calling you out!!!  Too many logs with nothing in them.  Especially for Tuesday, day one of the new month.  Get on it.   Let's make this your best month of 2011.

Tomorrow is going to be the day that kicks my butt. Swim in the AM and track work in the evening :/ Good times haha
2011-02-02 4:21 PM

User image

Bronze member
velocomp - 2011-02-02 6:57 AM

Good thing you posted this today. I'm slipping into some kind of snow day slump. Not motivated at all but I'm going already. Stop yelling at me will ya!Wink

2011-02-02 8:15 PM

User image

New user
velocomp - 2011-02-01 7:57 PM

Yes you are right. My workout today felt terrible, but the road bike was fun. It feels like my fitness level has taken 3 steps back, but I hope its only cause I felt a little bit sick earlier in the day. I am going to have to get used to waking up early in the morning to properly do these workouts instead of cramming both in at the end of the day. Cold gear is gonna be right beside the bed and a this gnc sport pill to kick start my morning.

Another downside about the DS Racers is that they have vent holes in the bottom which makes it impossible to run on a wet road. Your feet immediately get soaked.  
2011-02-02 8:28 PM

User image

South Florida

....Sigh.... Well i think i'm taking back the DS Trainers. Every run i do they kill my calf's. No matter what pace, or distance they hurt. So, it's back to the LRS i go. Good thing they have a 30day return policy.  So it's back to the Newton's.

2011-02-02 8:47 PM
in reply to: #3336436

User image

New user
nvalaitis - 2011-02-02 9:28 AM

....Sigh.... Well i think i'm taking back the DS Trainers. Every run i do they kill my calf's. No matter what pace, or distance they hurt. So, it's back to the LRS i go. Good thing they have a 30day return policy.  So it's back to the Newton's.

I love the 30 day return policy the local running shops give. Which newton shoes are you going back to? 
2011-02-02 8:58 PM
in reply to: #3336463

User image

South Florida
I ahd the Performance Stability Trainer a few shoes ago. but this time i might try the Guidance Trainer. I get a 15% dicount at the store, so it saves me some money.
2011-02-03 8:36 AM
in reply to: #3336436

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
nvalaitis - 2011-02-02 9:28 PM

Did you run in newtons before going to the DS trainers? seems like the reverse of what usually happens to people (go from *regular* shoes to Newtons and get calf pain.)

edit: Ah doh I suppose I should have kept reading I'm not familiar with either of those model Newtons... I've got to get brushed up on my new shoes!

Anyway, good luck with the search.

Edited by Leegoocrap 2011-02-03 8:40 AM

2011-02-03 1:52 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
velocomp - 2011-02-02 5:57 AM

Daniel,  I appreciate you attitude and welcome the encouragement.  Sadly, I'm still having trouble getting my 'life' out of the way of training.  However, I think I can slip out early today and go for a run.  Hope everyone is well!
2011-02-03 5:40 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
Evening all

We are now a month into the new year. Thought it might be good to see where I was sitting against my personal goals

My weight at start of jan was 234. my aim is 210 by 1st tri of season. Currently siting at 222. loss of 12lbs so far. dead chuffed, nothing stupid in regards to dieting just cut majority of crap out and the heavy food groups such as bread and pasta. Still having rice and have developed an unhealthy enjoyment of couscous!

Have 2 more months to hit 210 goal

Running has begun but still not enough. Need to refocus this and get at least 1 to 2 runs a week in

Cycling coming along well, completed a good 40km at weekend

Swimming has been a high focus area, mainly to increase fitness and distance, as hoping to do an olympic at some point this year. New best 400m at 7:40

Winter training sucks but hope your all managing to get some quality time in

Heres to a good Feb
2011-02-03 9:58 PM
in reply to: #3338179

User image

New user
Yea I am still not getting used to the winter weather. Hopefully it will get a bit warmer in the next month so I can increase my distances. 

My first race is on april 17. I am currently weighing at ~144. Hoping to get back down to my race weight at 135.  
2011-02-04 8:25 AM

User image

Bronze member
Congratulations on your weight loss and training! Sounds like your doing great.

I am officially the "crazy" lady in town after yesterdays run. We live in a really small town and my husband is the principal of the jr. high/high school.  I went out for my run determined to get outside and not be on the treadmill. We've had bad weather with ice, snow, and power lines down all over. While I was gone school was canceled again and hubby had to call all his teachers. 3 different teachers said to him "Is your wife crazy or something? I saw her out running!"  Funny thing was I was thinking how happy I was to be outside and didn't feel crazy at all!

Wait until they see me on my bike on Saturday......
2011-02-04 10:34 AM
in reply to: #3338792

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
way to get out there in the bad weather. You guys on the east coast and midweat seem to have been getting a real time of it over last week or so with heavy snow and minus 20 degrees at times

we are all a little crazy to love a 3 way sport. So many people train to just do running or swimming or play another sport. we have to coordinate and spend time worrying over getting the right level of training in on all 3 areas.

Crazy - Yes, 
love it - Yes,
Do without it - No way

Have a great weekend all - very windy over here at the moment. Hoping it will die down so i can get out and play on the bike and the tri bars

2011-02-04 10:42 PM
in reply to: #3329126

New user

Centennial Colorado
trigal38 - 2011-01-30 6:50 AM Hubby came through on his promise and we came home with a new 2010 Felt B16 yesterday. YIPPEE!!! Took it out for a ride when we got home. Wow, very nice. What a difference from my road bike. Really, I was shocked. The seat was terribly painful though so I need to swap that out. Going to put my road bike seat on it for now until I can get back to the shop (it's 1 & 1/2 hours away). Now I'm really excited to start this race season!

Congrats on your new bike...you sound psyched!
2011-02-04 11:08 PM
in reply to: #3330206

New user

Centennial Colorado
velocomp - 2011-01-31 6:35 AM

So sad.  It was just below 60 this weekend, and now we are not supposed to see temps above 0 for the next few days.  What a changes.  I was supposed to do a 4 mile run with Intervals tomorrow, but if the temp is that cold, forget it. 

Anyone have any good treadmill workouts with intervals?  On a treadmill, how fast do you go for intervals? And how much do you slow down between intervals?  It's so much easier when you go by RPE outside.

Yes, our weather here in CO has been challenging, and it's not supposed to be better real soon.  The coach of the run club at Lifetime has been doing indoor workouts with RPE directions...  You get the hang of it if you give it a go...you just crank it up or down and see what feels like the right speed.
2011-02-04 11:09 PM
in reply to: #3330602

New user

Centennial Colorado
nvalaitis - 2011-01-31 9:39 AM Hey Gang! Happy Monday! Yesterdays race went extreamly well. I ended up with a PR. Official time was 2:06:40. I'll take it considering, i was under the weather, and run volume was very very low. Weather was perfect! I'd post a picture, but i dont want anyone to go into a deep depression. I do however have pain on the top of my foot, as i usally do after 11+miles. Not sure if its my shoes are too tight, or i have a bone spur. So i'm going to the foot doctor today to give me a full diagnosis of my foot. I've been putting it off for to long. I need to get it checked out.

Congrats!  Hope the efforts to address the foot problem have been working. 
2011-02-05 7:35 PM

User image

New user
Today didn't turn out as I had wanted it. Weather was pretty much a constant drizzle all day. My friend was wanting some new shoes recommended by someone experienced, so I took him to the running store I always go to. I started talking to sales man about the kinvara almost about to purchase them, then he says you should try out these new shoes we just got in. I said sure what kind are they and he says the saucony fastwitch 5. YES!!!!!!!!!! Tried them on and walked out with them haha. Few days before they are to be released on the online stores. Glad they had them locally because they ended up being a half size down from the normal shoes. Now I have size 11.5 shoes and I'm only 5'7. Talk about clown looking feet lmao. 

Anyway after that we hopped on the metro and headed for a new trail. Decided to run from the station to the trail and back to the metro. Was a much more different run than usual which was great. Mostly unpaved uphill trails filled with ice and snow. Legs definitely got a great workout today even though the pace was a bit slower than usual.

Was expecting to bike as well today, but the weather wasn't good for it. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a good long bike in as well as a long swim and a nice crossfit workout at the end before superbowl time starts 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22