Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2013-11-04 6:21 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

MotoQueen
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Originally posted by kns57

Good morning Ghoulies!

Kind of a boring weekend, I had schoolwork due last night, so I spent most of Saturday and Sunday doing that. That won't happen again!

Friday night it was so nice out we sat outside for dinner (we usually eat out when we go get groceries).

Saturday both kiddos had soccer. Caleb's gave was a blowout, his team won 9-2. Keri's game was a nail-biter, where they pulled out a 1-0 win. Keri's season is done, Caleb plays next Saturday yet. No break for Keri though, she starts basketball practice tomorrow night.

Sunday I was finishing up my schoolwork. It was a nice day, windy, but not real cold. Everyone but me went hiking.

Going to work on school work while I'm stuck at my desk at work doing nothing.

When I went back to school, it was a challenge to get into a routine of doing the schoolwork.  You'll get a routine down eventually. 

It was a bit overwhelming. I was emailing my admissions counselor while waiting for Caleb's soccer team to show up, and the game to start. I thought classes wouldn't start until January, before his game started I was officially registered for 2 courses that started 2 days later. Finding everything I needed to find was a bit confusing at first, but I eventually clicked all the places I had to click, and got everything turned in. The semesters are only 8 weeks. There will be a short break at Christmas, and another in August, but other than that I'm hoping to take 2 classes a semester so I can graduate next winter.

Very proud of you for doing this. 

2013-11-04 6:44 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Good morning Ghoulies!

Kind of a boring weekend, I had schoolwork due last night, so I spent most of Saturday and Sunday doing that. That won't happen again!

Friday night it was so nice out we sat outside for dinner (we usually eat out when we go get groceries).

Saturday both kiddos had soccer. Caleb's gave was a blowout, his team won 9-2. Keri's game was a nail-biter, where they pulled out a 1-0 win. Keri's season is done, Caleb plays next Saturday yet. No break for Keri though, she starts basketball practice tomorrow night.

Sunday I was finishing up my schoolwork. It was a nice day, windy, but not real cold. Everyone but me went hiking.

When I went back to school, it was a challenge to get into a routine of doing the schoolwork.  You'll get a routine down eventually. 

It was a bit overwhelming. I was emailing my admissions counselor while waiting for Caleb's soccer team to show up, and the game to start. I thought classes wouldn't start until January, before his game started I was officially registered for 2 courses that started 2 days later. Finding everything I needed to find was a bit confusing at first, but I eventually clicked all the places I had to click, and got everything turned in. The semesters are only 8 weeks. There will be a short break at Christmas, and another in August, but other than that I'm hoping to take 2 classes a semester so I can graduate next winter.

2013-11-04 6:51 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoullies.

It is a nice day here, too Kendra. I am going to do some driving around chores this morning then a little bit of yardwork this afternoon before getting the fire pit ready for "DOCKless Night'.

2013-11-04 6:51 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by kns57 Happy Sunday Ghoulies. Hope that everyone enjoyed our favorite holiday, Halloween. I sat listening to jazz and it was fun. Came home Friday night, spent all day Saturday doing laundry and a grocery run. Hubby had to work Sat night for the time change, so today was another quiet day. I shopped at Walmart, got halloween candy for the candy jar at work. I should be good for a couple of months keeping that jar full. Took a run/walk in the park with one of my old staff. I am missed. The things she told me about what is happening at that branch and in the system made me want to weep, but also made me very glad that I have moved on. One of the people at work who had been happy to see me go is wishing i was back there. They had no clue what I did to make life easier for all of them. And the ABM that I had all that trouble with is wrecking havoc among the staff, playing favorites, not enforcing the code of conduct, taking extended lunches with her favorites, etc. Really awful. And the Deputy Director, who is the acting executive director until they hire a new one, was out there for a meeting, which basically left the staff reeling in shock. And the person who was telling me this is not someone for exaggerating, so I believe what she is telling me. Some of the people, I do not feel sorry for, but others I do. Plus, what my old boss said they were going to do to help the branch until a new manager was assigned, they have not done. They have done exactly what they told me they were not going to do, and that is leave the ABM in charge. The one that I just gave a not so good evaluation to. Makes me glad that I am not there to officially see what is going on. And this is all with me just being gone for 7 weeks. Wow!

Kendra I'm glad you're not there dealing with that garbage, and I hope you really enjoy your new job!

Me too. I am VERY glad you like your new job so much.

2013-11-04 6:52 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

x2!!

I can forsee a celebratory graduation Ghoulie Pile!

2013-11-04 6:53 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Way to Go GHOULIES for beating BT World!!!

2013-11-04 6:54 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I am off, All you Ghoulies have a fabulous Monday.

2013-11-04 7:04 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ceilidh

Way to Go GHOULIES for beating BT World!!!

Yeah... we rock.

2013-11-04 7:06 AM

User image

Champion

On the We Rock topic...

Keri starts basketball this week, her coach told her at the meeting that they would be doing a lot of conditioning. Keri and I are going running tonight. Probably not far, I usually do about a mile and a half with her, sometimes 2. We will start there and build our way up, she wants to run a 5k this spring, and do a triathlon. Oh, to be that young and energetic again.

2013-11-04 7:07 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

x2!!

Do I get to be on the top, or the bottom of the pile?

2013-11-04 7:50 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

x2!!

Do I get to be on the top, or the bottom of the pile?

Either, or Both... Your choice

2013-11-04 8:53 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies! 

I am a Great-grand aunt again.  Or whatever it is when your niece's daughter has a baby!  This is my second niece to be a grandmother!  This sure makes me seem old, but nieces are only a few years younger than me  LOL

2013-11-04 8:56 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

I registered for the NYC triathlon today!!!!

August 4... Look out Big Apple!

WOOHOO!!!

EXCITING!!  That will help keep you motivated during rehab and beyond. 

2013-11-04 8:58 AM
in reply to: givemashot

User image

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by givemashot

Okay, I'm all caught up.

Dang Ann, those kids are fast. 

Dee - I hope hubby feels better soon. 

Robin - get caught up with work then get back to playing.  I love the Pine Gables Step workout.

And to those missing Ghoulies who were here just so recently.

Amy -where are you girl?  Is the house building keeping you too busy to play on BT?

Dr Melindy - hope the first year of residency leaves you some free time to workout. 

Tom - Where are you Dude?

Yes!! Who said it could do that? I have been busy with the house, for sure. Hubby's out of town again, and the kids just finished up their first term of the school year (the boy had LOTS of late work to pull together last minute...oy.). But guess what I did today? I ran my first stand-alone 5k! hehehe. I did better than i thought I would, too. I figured I'd be lucky to finish in 40-45 minutes, with the lack of actual running I have been doing since May. But I finished in 36:03!! Yay!

Way to go!!! Literally! 

2013-11-04 9:01 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good morning Ghoulies!

Sorry the school work got in the way of your hike!  I know that you will be able to figure out a good pacing for getting the work done, so that you can still have your fun with the family.

2013-11-04 9:04 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

On the We Rock topic...

Keri starts basketball this week, her coach told her at the meeting that they would be doing a lot of conditioning. Keri and I are going running tonight. Probably not far, I usually do about a mile and a half with her, sometimes 2. We will start there and build our way up, she wants to run a 5k this spring, and do a triathlon. Oh, to be that young and energetic again.

How fun!!

2013-11-04 9:09 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Did I mention that my step-daughter got a full time job?  She finished her Certified Medical Assistant schooling (about a year) at the end of September and passed her state test in October.  She has been interviewing  all around the area, even an hour and half away.  But she started last week at the Asthma & Allergy clinic here in town.  Yeah for no long commute!  Yeah for an office and work that she really enjoys!  She had externed there in September.  Yeah for full-time, and after 3 months, benefits!!      We are so proud of her!

2013-11-04 11:56 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by deehtz

Did I mention that my step-daughter got a full time job?  She finished her Certified Medical Assistant schooling (about a year) at the end of September and passed her state test in October.  She has been interviewing  all around the area, even an hour and half away.  But she started last week at the Asthma & Allergy clinic here in town.  Yeah for no long commute!  Yeah for an office and work that she really enjoys!  She had externed there in September.  Yeah for full-time, and after 3 months, benefits!!      We are so proud of her!

That is awesome.  Congratulations to your step-daughter.  

2013-11-04 3:39 PM

User image

Champion

So last night we were moving Milo's ginormous crate out of the living room. I forgot my recliner was behind me and backed into it, catching my shoe underneath and falling and twisting. I didn't think anything of it last night, but the longer the morning went the more I was in pain. It got to the point I could hardly walk. I ended up going to a new orthped office that has walk-in care, I've heard good things about them. Turns out my knee is sprained. I have a pain killer, and a muscle relaxer. If I'm still having a lot of pain in a week I'm to go back for more testing. They did an x-ray, which showed no arthritis in my knee, which is good.

I didn't get to run with Keri tonight, so Caleb went with her.

I'm in my recliner now with Keri constantly asking if I need anything. Hopefully all I need is a few days rest. Grrrr

2013-11-04 8:30 PM

User image

MotoQueen

So last night we were moving Milo's ginormous crate out of the living room. I forgot my recliner was behind me and backed into it, catching my shoe underneath and falling and twisting. I didn't think anything of it last night, but the longer the morning went the more I was in pain. It got to the point I could hardly walk. I ended up going to a new orthped office that has walk-in care, I've heard good things about them. Turns out my knee is sprained. I have a pain killer, and a muscle relaxer. If I'm still having a lot of pain in a week I'm to go back for more testing. They did an x-ray, which showed no arthritis in my knee, which is good.

I didn't get to run with Keri tonight, so Caleb went with her.

I'm in my recliner now with Keri constantly asking if I need anything. Hopefully all I need is a few days rest. Grrrr

Ann, you are so accident/injury prone.  heal quickly!

2013-11-05 5:34 AM

User image

Champion
Good morning Ghoulies!I took the day off. I am so loopy from drugs right now I can't see straight.

2013-11-05 6:20 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by ironannekidd Good morning Ghoulies!I took the day off. I am so loopy from drugs right now I can't see straight.

DAMMIT Anne.... There is a rule, no Ghoulie sickness OR injury! PLEASE heal up fast!

2013-11-05 6:30 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!  Another beautiful November morning.  Chilly, but sunny.

Ann, really sorry about the injury.  What are we going to do with you?  Can't put you in a bubble!

2013-11-05 7:17 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning!

I am so not ready for cold weather. I am not really whining, really. I would have liked a little more cool nights warmish days than we are having.

At least I got the warm weather clothes out in time this year.

I dunno Kendra, maybe bubble wrap is the thing for Ann.

2013-11-05 8:58 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies!

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24900 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 52157 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65072 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 68938 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 80564 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.