BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-06-01 9:30 PM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)
I participated in the BT May Boys vs Girls swim team challenge. The girls lost a close challenge and as the losers we have to post a picture of our backside as our avatar for the month of June (an "assatar"). So, for the next month you're gonna have to put up with this
<<<<< lol

Edited by MDHillSlug 2009-06-01 9:30 PM

2009-06-02 11:25 AM
in reply to: #2188209

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
MDHillSlug - 2009-06-01 10:30 PM I participated in the BT May Boys vs Girls swim team challenge. The girls lost a close challenge and as the losers we have to post a picture of our backside as our avatar for the month of June (an "assatar"). So, for the next month you're gonna have to put up with this
<<<<< lol

You lost ?  I was gonna say "LOOK AT YOUR FINE BOOTIE"...... hell If I had that a$$ I'd leave it up for good !! BE PROUD !!!!!!
2009-06-02 5:11 PM
in reply to: #2188209

User image

Veteran
MDHillSlug - 2009-06-01 7:30 PM I participated in the BT May Boys vs Girls swim team challenge. The girls lost a close challenge and as the losers we have to post a picture of our backside as our avatar for the month of June (an "assatar"). So, for the next month you're gonna have to put up with this
<<<<< lol

I got stuck with that "consolation prize" last year! I guess we Cinco de Mayo challenge losers (see my tag line!) got off easy! Thanks for running that, Nicole. I definitely learned some of my limitations last month!

Trish
2009-06-03 7:48 AM
in reply to: #2190350

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
NoSit - 2009-06-03 7:11 AM

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-01 7:30 PM I participated in the BT May Boys vs Girls swim team challenge. The girls lost a close challenge and as the losers we have to post a picture of our backside as our avatar for the month of June (an "assatar"). So, for the next month you're gonna have to put up with this
<<<<< lol

I got stuck with that "consolation prize" last year! I guess we Cinco de Mayo challenge losers (see my tag line!) got off easy! Thanks for running that, Nicole. I definitely learned some of my limitations last month!

Trish

I have to second that -- many thanks Nicole. It was a fun challenge and of course, it was more fun being on the winning team.
2009-06-03 8:18 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I got out this morning for a nice, fast bike ride. I so love to ride fast!

My son graduates high school today! When did I get old enough to have a child entering college!!!
2009-06-03 10:30 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Hey everyone!  I got a little, bitty swim in this morning.  It was my first swim in nearly a month (since my HIM).  Can you tell that swimming isn't my favorite sport???  Anyway, I'm doing a short, short tri in a few weeks and figured I needed to do a little bit of training for it.

Did I post my newest "funny"?  If so, I apologize for repeating it.  But I bought a couple of running things recently -- a new running shirt that says "Toenails are for Sissies" and a magnet that says "My Sport is your Sport's Punishment".  I get the giggles everytime I think of them!

2009-06-03 4:28 PM
in reply to: #2191795

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Sledge - 2009-06-03 11:30 AM

Hey everyone!  I got a little, bitty swim in this morning.  It was my first swim in nearly a month (since my HIM).  Can you tell that swimming isn't my favorite sport???  Anyway, I'm doing a short, short tri in a few weeks and figured I needed to do a little bit of training for it.

Did I post my newest "funny"?  If so, I apologize for repeating it.  But I bought a couple of running things recently -- a new running shirt that says "Toenails are for Sissies" and a magnet that says "My Sport is your Sport's Punishment".  I get the giggles everytime I think of them!

love the magnet !!!
2009-06-03 7:34 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Just got home from graduation and the post graduation dinner. All in all, a nice day!

Me, my big son, and my little daughter:

2009-06-03 8:47 PM
in reply to: #2193515

Veteran

great photo!!

Sounds like evryone is working hard with family life ( ie grads), work and trng. Hurray for multi tasking!! I haven't been posting too much here on our site- as well busy with all the above!! ( ha ha- however all four are now graduated!!)

Happy trng all. Will keep checking everyones posts! Thanks for all the inspires as I learn to 'love hills" and long rides; try to get faster in the the pool;  and get thru thoses looong runs!!

Cheers!

Helen

2009-06-04 3:10 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hi Everyone....just a quick run by...just wanted  you to know that I have not fallen off the side of the earth...I am taking some Julie time....still working out...but if I spend my time on the computer..I will not get a work out in! I will try and just stop by a few times a week and check on yall...sorry if I am letting you down!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Congrats again to Nalani on her wedding and race!

Good luck in your upcoming small race Cheri!

Nice picture of you and your family at your sons graduation....and I guess it is time to find a pic of my a$$ - seeing we lost in last months challenge!...not sure if my camera has a wide angle big enough! haha

thanks to all of you who have stopped by...I will have a few days that I will do my best to send some back! hope you all understand!

Anyone hear from Susie? Lyssa lately I am worried about them!

hugs to you all...and sorry I didnt mention each and everyone of you....you are all very dear to me and I dont want any of you to feel otherwise!

2009-06-04 3:26 PM
in reply to: #2195565

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-06-04 4:10 PM

Hi Everyone....just a quick run by...just wanted  you to know that I have not fallen off the side of the earth...I am taking some Julie time....still working out...but if I spend my time on the computer..I will not get a work out in! I will try and just stop by a few times a week and check on yall...sorry if I am letting you down!

Nice picture of you and your family at your sons graduation....and I guess it is time to find a pic of my a$$ - seeing we lost in last months challenge!...not sure if my camera has a wide angle big enough! haha

thanks to all of you who have stopped by...I will have a few days that I will do my best to send some back! hope you all understand!

hugs to you all...and sorry I didnt mention each and everyone of you....you are all very dear to me and I dont want any of you to feel otherwise!

I'm glad you are well but sad that you have so little time to play with us {pout}

I've heard a little from Susie; she's having a tough time. She and her STBX both own guns; I worry about her a lot!

Edited by MDHillSlug 2009-06-04 3:26 PM

2009-06-04 6:20 PM
in reply to: #2195619

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-04 1:26 PM

I'm glad you are well but sad that you have so little time to play with us {pout}

I've heard a little from Susie; she's having a tough time. She and her STBX both own guns; I worry about her a lot!

Thanks Nicole...I promise to find more time...and I will start carrying my laptop to my events so I will have time to play more!

wow....two people that are not happy with each other both with guns...scares me, too...does anyone have her phone number? I will call her if you do! please let me know!

how bout our lyssa? anyone hear from her lately in an inspire twitter, myspace or facebook? she also worries me. why does it seem to happen to some of the nicest and generous people!?!? life sure can send some curve balls at you! hoping she and her hubby are working thru things....I know she really wants to make things work!

have a great evening all! train well!

2009-06-04 6:35 PM
in reply to: #2195970

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-06-04 7:20 PM

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-04 1:26 PM

Thanks Nicole...I promise to find more time...and I will start carrying my laptop to my events so I will have time to play more!

wow....two people that are not happy with each other both with guns...scares me, too...does anyone have her phone number? I will call her if you do! please let me know!

how bout our lyssa? anyone hear from her lately in an inspire twitter, myspace or facebook? she also worries me. why does it seem to happen to some of the nicest and generous people!?!? life sure can send some curve balls at you! hoping she and her hubby are working thru things....I know she really wants to make things work!

have a great evening all! train well!

I've heard from Alyssa on Facebook. I think she commented there on my graduation picture.

I do have Susie's phone number but I don't have her permission to give it out.

I'm heading up to Albany, NY for my charity ride on Sunday. I've got family up there, so I'll get to visit with them, too.
2009-06-05 3:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
HELP. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THOSE "REALLY" BAD DAYS...LIKE YOUR IN A HOLE?

I'm having a "bad" day. I think 17 hour work days equal crital mass destruction for me....I'm pissed off, not happy, and just in general want to say, well I had better not. I'm tried of customers calling and saying "can I come pic up my signs!" I said if you would have responded to the email on your layout changes and confirmed the order.....then you would have your signs "oh I didn't do that?"...............ummmm NO...no confirm...no signs. I'm tired of people thinking they are artist and brinning me a layout on napkins to duplicate, and then saying "art fee", what art fee????? I had it all drawn out for you. Oh geeeezzzzzz... I'm tired of people calling me cell phone on weekend for work, I'm tired of billing people and them waiting 90 days to pay me... I'm tired of people that come in on Friday and say can I pick that up on Monday.............do they get weekends off????
Ok....so I can't train...I can't sleep....I can't enjoy life....I don't have energy, something is wrong here...

You know- I'm always positive and happy, and I always try to cheer up my family and help them through their bad/down days....they have NO idea what to do with me today, they never see me this way and it scares them, I just realized I am at "critical mass destruction!"

I told my husband I'm not going to the 30 year class reunion tomorrow...and I'm not doing the tri next weekend...I don't care if I lose the money or not!!!! I give up!
So I really think I'm having a bad day..................I would say PMS, but I haven't had a period for 2 years!!!!
I think I'm rebelling against me!!!!!
2009-06-05 4:31 PM
in reply to: #2198030

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
amy mutz - 2009-06-05 4:36 PM HELP. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THOSE "REALLY" BAD DAYS...LIKE YOUR IN A HOLE? I'm having a "bad" day. I think 17 hour work days equal crital mass destruction for me....I'm pissed off, not happy, and just in general want to say, well I had better not. I'm tried of customers calling and saying "can I come pic up my signs!" I said if you would have responded to the email on your layout changes and confirmed the order.....then you would have your signs "oh I didn't do that?"...............ummmm NO...no confirm...no signs. I'm tired of people thinking they are artist and brinning me a layout on napkins to duplicate, and then saying "art fee", what art fee????? I had it all drawn out for you. Oh geeeezzzzzz... I'm tired of people calling me cell phone on weekend for work, I'm tired of billing people and them waiting 90 days to pay me... I'm tired of people that come in on Friday and say can I pick that up on Monday.............do they get weekends off???? Ok....so I can't train...I can't sleep....I can't enjoy life....I don't have energy, something is wrong here... You know- I'm always positive and happy, and I always try to cheer up my family and help them through their bad/down days....they have NO idea what to do with me today, they never see me this way and it scares them, I just realized I am at "critical mass destruction!" I told my husband I'm not going to the 30 year class reunion tomorrow...and I'm not doing the tri next weekend...I don't care if I lose the money or not!!!! I give up! So I really think I'm having a bad day..................I would say PMS, but I haven't had a period for 2 years!!!! I think I'm rebelling against me!!!!!

Amy,

I'm sorry it feels like everything is burying you right now. Do what you need to do to get though it. The training, the reunions, and the triathlons can wait while you take care of business and take care of yourself. {{{hug}}}
2009-06-05 4:33 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
We're up in Albany, NY for my ride on Sunday. The drive weather was fairly crappy (rain) but the traffic wasn't bad. I checked in with my relatives and will get together with them tomorrow (and probably Sunday after the ride). Tonight we're going out for ribs. Yumm!!

Gotta love hotels with free high speed wireless internet!

2009-06-05 7:42 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Well, the AC in our room wasn't working so we had to relocate to a new room. However, they upped us to a jacuzzi suite for our troubles. The jacuzzi's gonna be nice after the ride!
2009-06-05 7:42 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Last I had looked they were saying a high of 78 for my ride on Sunday. Now they've backed it down to a high of 73 with a temp below 50 for the ride start! I guess I'll get to try out my new arm warmers.
2009-06-05 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2198030

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

amy mutz - 2009-06-05 3:36 PM HELP. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THOSE "REALLY" BAD DAYS...LIKE YOUR IN A HOLE? I'm having a "bad" day. I think 17 hour work days equal crital mass destruction for me....I'm pissed off, not happy, and just in general want to say, well I had better not. I'm tried of customers calling and saying "can I come pic up my signs!" I said if you would have responded to the email on your layout changes and confirmed the order.....then you would have your signs "oh I didn't do that?"...............ummmm NO...no confirm...no signs. I'm tired of people thinking they are artist and brinning me a layout on napkins to duplicate, and then saying "art fee", what art fee????? I had it all drawn out for you. Oh geeeezzzzzz... I'm tired of people calling me cell phone on weekend for work, I'm tired of billing people and them waiting 90 days to pay me... I'm tired of people that come in on Friday and say can I pick that up on Monday.............do they get weekends off???? Ok....so I can't train...I can't sleep....I can't enjoy life....I don't have energy, something is wrong here... You know- I'm always positive and happy, and I always try to cheer up my family and help them through their bad/down days....they have NO idea what to do with me today, they never see me this way and it scares them, I just realized I am at "critical mass destruction!" I told my husband I'm not going to the 30 year class reunion tomorrow...and I'm not doing the tri next weekend...I don't care if I lose the money or not!!!! I give up! So I really think I'm having a bad day..................I would say PMS, but I haven't had a period for 2 years!!!! I think I'm rebelling against me!!!!!

Amy, I've had a week exactly like you are describing.  Yesterday I should have been on top of the world -- it was 5 years yesterday since my life-changing car accident -- yet apparently I had a huge frown on my face.  I can't tell you how many people mentioned it to me!  So what does one do in these situations???  Well, we could wallow in self pity (I don't think that is you or me!).  Or we could just do status quo, and continue to get frustrated.  Or we can change our attitude!  That's what I chose -- it was important to get myself away from the situation, determine priorities, then figure out how to get back in good mental health.  So I took today off, picked up my Mom, drove to the beach, and spent the afternoon stitching on a piece that makes me happy.  And it worked!!!  I'm at peace.  I have a boatload of crap at work next week, but I'll get to it, and we'll all make the best of what is going on.  In two or three weeks, what happened this week at work won't matter in the least, will it???

2009-06-06 9:55 AM
in reply to: #2193515

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
MDHillSlug - 2009-06-03 8:34 PM Just got home from graduation and the post graduation dinner. All in all, a nice day!

Me, my big son, and my little daughter:

Gorgeous family !!! Congrats to your son too !!
2009-06-06 10:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Hi my friends.  Since my hubby has been taking on so much more during the evenings so I could swim etc, I told him today was his day to do what he  needs to do.  The last goal I have for this  tri season is to do the tri next Sunday.  I suppose then life will be "back" to normal a little bit. HOWEVER I will not stop with my training, I'll just be doing it during the day when he is at work. 
He really has pulled extra duty and this next week will be doing it even more.
Anyway, I'm off to mow two yards today and get the house ready  for the week...........
so great training to all of you, and I hope for those who are struggling that you have some peace and some happiness NOW !!!
Hugs to you all !

2009-06-06 10:36 AM

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
Wow, what a week for everyone!

Amy, dear Amy, be sure to find some time for you to do what you need to do to pick yourself back up. If it's a walk with Tribi, or time with the family, time alone...know that you have A LOT of people that care about you. HUGE BEAR hugs out to you.

Nicole, I hope that you have a fantastic ride this weekend! Congratulations on your son's graduation! You have two beautiful kids that must be so proud of their mom.

Nalani, thinking about you on your big day! (I suppose this one might say a wedding is a tad bigger than a HIM ) Enjoy every moment!

Cheri, good for you for getting back in the water! And for taking charge when your life needed it. The beach is such an incredible place...definitely something that I miss in land-locked Calgary. Although we do have some pretty impressive mountains that can also offer an undescribable sense of peace.

Julie, so very cool that you seem to have a system worked out with your DH! Have a wonderful weekend and I am looking forward to the results of your upcoming tri!

Julie, our fearless leader, hope that you are doing well. Huge hugs are coming to you over the mountains into CA.

Don, hope you are loving that bike of yours and that the wind is at your back (both ways!)

And for my update....sadly still not running. It has been so frustrating for so many reasons. Obviously it has put a damper into my training but I am also sooooooo disappointed that I couldn't take part in a relay today. Several staff from my school are running in honour of a former staff member who was diagnosed a few years ago with a brain tumour. The prognosis was not good and yet through aggressive treatment, prayers and positive thinking, Jim is now cancer free.

On a positive front, my cycling and swimming have gotten a lot more attention and I am seeing improvements. Every week is a new longest ever bike ride and I am getting that much more comfortable in the water. Also good is the fact that school will be over for the year in just 2 long weeks....why so long...exams, marking and report cards just zap my energy in combination with athletic banquets, graduation evenings and end of year meetings. No doubt that training will slow a bit, but then it will be full on!

Humour for the day (ok not for me or my fellow Calgarian's): It's BLEEPING SNOWING in JUNE!?!?  
2009-06-06 11:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nicole - I love the family pic, and thanks for your encouragement on my bad day!!!!

Kew, Cher, Julie, Nicole and Yvonne ---- I read and agree with all advice...I will now put it into action.

Thanks for "all" the postivtive encouragement on my bad day episode... What a difference 13 hours of sleep makes! I have a new perspective today. I had so many things to deal with this past week...work was bad, but I had doctor visit, and my daughter had a stalker incident while running Wednesday, she came running in a had me grab the car keys and I ran him down and got his lic # and then we had to go file a police report, we got his name so I spent several hours researching his entire life Wednesday and Thursday... If anyone has children, you know the feeling of possible harm coming to them envokes a Momma Bear instinct....and so it was born. I will share more later. I think my emotions were/are on high alert.

I will go to my class reunion tonight and I will do the triathlon next Sunday
AND I WILL TAKE BACK CONTROL OVER MY LIFE or should I say I will let God take back control and not think I'm in control of everything...it is just easier that way.

Everyone have a wonderful Saturday!!!!!

Love,
Amy in Indiana

Edited by amy mutz 2009-06-06 11:27 AM
2009-06-06 9:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX

Haven't been on here for a couple of days and looks like I missed too much. 

and Cheri, sorry you were having bad days.  We all have so much to be grateful for, that I think it makes it that much harder when things are going tough.  Amy, set your boundaries, as hard as it may be.  Cheri, glad you could regroup at the beach and refind your inner peace.

Yvonne, sorry to hear you still can't run but I guess it will help with you swimming and biking!  Two more weeks and you're on vacation - yahoo!  My son's school got out on Thursday!

Nicole, good luck on your ride tomorrow.  And congrats to you son on his graduation!

Julie, can't wait to hear how things go at your tri!  You are going to do great!  And Amy, too!

I'm going to have another crazy week at  with work next week, too many last minute deadlines.

2009-06-07 10:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Hi my loves. You are so sweet to think of me, seven days and tah day.........my triathlon ! I"M GETTING SO NEVEROUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think I'll be able to find my Amy in that mass of 300 women and spectators ?...... Now I'm panicking about that, HOW CAN I FIND MY AMY !!!!!!!
Breathe......I think I need Nickole now !!!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168