BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-06-13 7:47 PM
in reply to: #2215635

User image

Veteran
British Columbia
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)

Amy and Julie...have a great time tomorrow.  I will be thinking of you and waiting at the computer to see some pics.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  Had a lot of fun at the 10 K last night.  Not my best time by far, but it's just nice to be back running again (posted the race report).

Have a couple of really busy days coming up, but I will try to check in.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and train safe...

Love from... K.

amy mutz - 2009-06-13 5:36 PM I didn't get to go to packet pick-up today due to the time change in counties and picking up my son from football camp. Now...I have to leave my house at 4:00am to get there for pick-up and set-up....yikes. I'm very exctied to meet Julie and have some pictures to share with our awesome group, you guys are going to love them and there will be hugs all around The wheater is going to be nice no storms until later in the day. I want to thank everyone in this group that helped me through some really tough times... I finally feel I have turned the corner on my health and see light at the end of the tunnel. This group has inpired me, lifted me up and just been great!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! This race is for all of you...so I will smile the entire time no matter what occurs Love from Indiana Amy

2009-06-14 10:11 AM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Karen, nice job on your 10 ...hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend!! You deserve it!!

Julie and Amy, thinking about you this morning when I was out on my run ... can't wait to see pictures and read your race reports.  I know you both did awesome!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!!!  I've got birthday party planning to do for my soon to be 11 year old.
2009-06-14 10:44 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Go Julie! Go Amy!
2009-06-14 2:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

(Vincennes Try 09 2.jpg)

(Vincennes Try 06.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Vincennes Try 09 2.jpg (4KB - 8 downloads)
Vincennes Try 06.jpg (4KB - 6 downloads)
2009-06-14 2:41 PM
in reply to: #2216477

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

O.K. Amy you're teasing us .  How did it go?????

amy mutz - 2009-06-14 12:16 PM

2009-06-14 6:59 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

Hi Team !  WOW, today was just so awesome !
First off I am walking across the transition area and I hear "JULIE ?"...... there in front of me in living color was our own lovely AMY M !!!!  I got to hug her, it was super to see her for real !  She is so sweet !
She gave me an awesome shirt and hoodie that she designed with the BT Girl Passing on the left group,
We have pictures but mine are blurrrrrrrrryyyyyy  I think I had something on the lense.  HOPEFULLY Amy's pics will be much better than mine.  I met her husband and Lacy..... felt like I knew them !

I felt like I knew what I was doing (Thanks to all of you)!  My swim was great to begin with and about two lanes in I got into traffic. Managed to get through one just in time to get into another one.  I got kicked in the face, Mark has a picture of it out of luck ! lol She had turned over on her back and I got up on her and WHAM!   Had to stand up to figure out an escape route. lol

My swim time was 12 minutes (that also includes the run from the pool to my transition, so I swam it in less than 12 WOOHOO) !

T1  2:26,  bike 37:26:30, T2 1:55:90 run 34:33:15
My group the Rubber Ducky Swim Club was cheering as I came through, I was the last to start of our group and there they were, waiting to cheer for me ! I was thrilled !!
It seems I have at least in this race become a middle of the packer...... and being the only one of my group not to get a trophy, I think it is trophy enough for a first timer.
ALSO my dear sweet little Lexi was so proud of that finishers medal ! She wore it around for quite awhile.
I slept a few hours, got up and wow, left ball of my foot must be bruised, I think maybe from my pedal ....not sure why.
I did nothing all day, I was far more tired than I ever thought I would be. JUST DRAINED ! lol
Amy, sorry I did not say goodbye, I lost track of you.
I am so glad to meet you......... wanna plan lunch someday ? I'd love to visit, maybe take a walk with you !
It was a great day !!!!!

2009-06-14 8:34 PM
in reply to: #2216842

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
maxmansmom - 2009-06-14 7:59 PM

First off I am walking across the transition area and I hear "JULIE ?"...... there in front of me in living color was our own lovely AMY M !!!!  I got to hug her, it was super to see her for real !  She is so sweet !
She gave me an awesome shirt and hoodie that she designed with the BT Girl Passing on the left group,
We have pictures but mine are blurrrrrrrrryyyyyy  I think I had something on the lense.  HOPEFULLY Amy's pics will be much better than mine.  I met her husband and Lacy..... felt like I knew them !

I felt like I knew what I was doing (Thanks to all of you)!  My swim was great to begin with and about two lanes in I got into traffic. Managed to get through one just in time to get into another one.  I got kicked in the face, Mark has a picture of it out of luck ! lol She had turned over on her back and I got up on her and WHAM!   Had to stand up to figure out an escape route. lol

My swim time was 12 minutes (that also includes the run from the pool to my transition, so I swam it in less than 12 WOOHOO) !

My group the Rubber Ducky Swim Club was cheering as I came through, I was the last to start of our group and there they were, waiting to cheer for me ! I was thrilled !!
It seems I have at least in this race become a middle of the packer...... and being the only one of my group not to get a trophy, I think it is trophy enough for a first timer.
ALSO my dear sweet little Lexi was so proud of that finishers medal ! She wore it around for quite awhile.
I slept a few hours, got up and wow, left ball of my foot must be bruised, I think maybe from my pedal ....not sure why.
I did nothing all day, I was far more tired than I ever thought I would be. JUST DRAINED ! lol
I am so glad to meet you......... wanna plan lunch someday ? I'd love to visit, maybe take a walk with you !
It was a great day !!!!!

Julie,

I'm so glad it went well for you. Great swim! Awesome!
2009-06-14 10:11 PM
in reply to: #2216477

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
amy mutz - 2009-06-14 3:16 PM

YEAH your pics are super !  I am so glad you felt so good and did this race today, it's been a long haul for us but wow, what an awesome day this was !
So glad to get to hug your neck !!
Thank you again for the awesome shirt sand all the work you put into them !
2009-06-15 7:34 PM

User image

Veteran
maxmansmom - 2009-06-14 4:59 PM

It was a great day !!!!!

Su-weet! Congratulations and nicely done you two!

Those shirts are some bright!

Trish
2009-06-16 8:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I have been trying to get some more pictures on here with no avail...Facebook is so much easier, but I will try again tonight. If anyone wants to check out facebook they are on my blog Amy Neufelder Mutz, just add me as a friend.

As for the race:

My daughter told me I didn't push hard enough, which is probably true, but like I told Cheri...I think I just wanted to get back in the game, and get one under my belt with a non-competitive mind-set, I did the run 4 mins slower than two years ago...ha, but like I also told Cheri the extra 20 lbs also feels very constraining, it could be my mind, but it is harder. Anyway I'm still working on that with my doctor...so hopefully by the end of summer I will be back to my old weight.
But it was thrilling to be with Julie in the Triathlon...we had some fun time waiting for our pool start, and we crossed paths on the bike, and shouted out to each other, and then when it was all over I thought I would never find her...but it was meant to be, so we hugged big for everyone here and took a lot of pictures. It is awesome to have been part of this special group... I just hope I get to meet some more of you in my lifetime!!!!
So my next tri....hmmm...my daughter wants me to do the Nashville Olympic with her in July, it is the same one I did last year, so I have to decide this week if that is something I would be up for...I would love to, but I !!!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE!!!!

Love from Indiana...Amy
2009-06-16 10:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Amy and Julie, I've been sneaking a quick peek at the pics on Facebook.  You both look like you are having way too much fun!!  Amy, love the bright shirts.  You two won't be missed!  I'll check back on Facebook later when I have a bit more time.  Need to log my work out and get to bed!

2009-06-17 9:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ok...go to my blog on here, I got the pictures up and they are up close and personal...

It was a great BT day!!!!!! Look at the shirts....if anybody wants one let me know, and PM me your address and size.
2009-06-17 1:29 PM
in reply to: #2223815

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
amy mutz - 2009-06-17 10:22 AM Ok...go to my blog on here, I got the pictures up and they are up close and personal... It was a great BT day!!!!!! Look at the shirts....if anybody wants one let me know, and PM me your address and size.

Amy, once I had my glasses on I looked over the shirt adn I see all the fine detail !  YOU GUYS will love this shirt, Amy knows her stuff !!!
2009-06-18 5:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Saturday morning is my first 5k since the triathlon.  I will not be doing anymore tri's this year. My dh owns a xmas light business and it will be his busy time.  So since we have Lexi here it's not easy as it is for me in the summer time to train.
HOWEVER, I am running in a 5k saturday, my running sucks so I am starting there.  I am also going to save up for a new bike. I talked to the bike shop owner and he said he can build a bike that I can afford (unlike the $1400.00 bikes) and one that freaking fits me !!  One gal saw pics of me and said "OH JULIE, we have got to raise your seat and back you up" ! lol
NExt year I am also lying and saying I am super fast in the water because I never want to be in that frigging gridlock like I was .  I at least have the sense to stay RIGHT if I am slower !! lol
However mostly I have to work on my run......or lack there of.
SO, tonight I hope to get back to my individual inspres, and see what you are all up to !
hugs team !
2009-06-18 7:31 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

It was a great day !!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry that I was not around for your big day! I have had some major personal issues going on! and as much as I am not going to make excuses...I hope you will understand! I am soooooooooooo proud of you! sounds like you had a fabulous race and I am tickled that you and Amy finally met! also jealous as Amy and I have talked about meeting for a few years now....and we will Amy!!! I promise you!

congrats on your race Julie! I am going to go to facebook and check it out! I will be online Sunday as I am working and will have lots of computer time! I promise to come and make up inspires to EACH and EVERY one of you! I feel like a real HEAL for my absence, but I have had some tough things I am dealing with...

love you all and I PROMISE to be better!

by the way...I have a niece who is now registered on BT (IronbabeHeather)...Im hoping that you will all go by and say hi to her...she is training for the ironman Cozumel in November and is new to all this! she is jumping in with both feet! she is needing some direction....and bt commradery!

have a great day/week and will make sure to stop by each of your training logs on Sunday to see how you are...what you are doing...

Hugs!

2009-06-18 7:49 PM
in reply to: #2227898

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-06-18 8:31 PM

by the way...I have a niece who is now registered on BT (IronbabeHeather)...Im hoping that you will all go by and say hi to her...she is training for the ironman Cozumel in November and is new to all this! she is jumping in with both feet! she is needing some direction....and bt commradery!

Does she want to join the best mentor group on BT? ;)

2009-06-18 8:29 PM
in reply to: #2227928

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-18 7:49 PM

Does she want to join the best mentor group on BT?

^^^^ X2!!! 

I'm more than a little concerned about my sprint tri on Saturday.  I'm not prepared.  I haven't biked in forever, my swimming still sucks, and with the forecasted temperatures the run won't be anything more than a walk.  I've won my age group for the last two years at this race, but it's not happening this year. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

2009-06-18 8:37 PM
in reply to: #2227984

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Sledge - 2009-06-18 9:29 PM

^^^^ X2!!! 

I'm more than a little concerned about my sprint tri on Saturday.  I'm not prepared.  I haven't biked in forever, my swimming still sucks, and with the forecasted temperatures the run won't be anything more than a walk.  I've won my age group for the last two years at this race, but it's not happening this year. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Your logs suggest that you should have a decent biking base to draw on. Your swimming looks OK. So, you don't win your AG; most of us never even get near the podium. Try to keep it fun.
2009-06-18 8:39 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD

btw, when you say "new to all this" I hope you mean BT and not triathlon; I hope an IM isn't her first tri!
2009-06-18 11:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sledge - 2009-06-18 8:29 PM

^^^^ X2!!! 

After doing the HIM...you are ready! You just haven't been training as much as you did for the HIM, I think you will be pleasantly surprized at the condition you are in...I will keep in touch over the weekend. Have a great race and think of me on your run
2009-06-18 11:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Sledge - 2009-06-18 6:29 PM

Just think of it as a long, long taper, Cheri! Have a blast and smile big at the cameras!

Trish 

2009-06-19 4:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

^^^^ X2!!! 

Oh yes, have fun........ plus if you do podium (and I bet you do with the competative spirit I  know you have).... you will rock this thing !
2009-06-19 4:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

It was a great day !!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry that I was not around for your big day! I have had some major personal issues going on! and as much as I am not going to make excuses...I hope you will understand! I am soooooooooooo proud of you! sounds like you had a fabulous race and I am tickled that you and Amy finally met! also jealous as Amy and I have talked about meeting for a few years now....and we will Amy!!! I promise you!

congrats on your race Julie! I am going to go to facebook and check it out! I will be online Sunday as I am working and will have lots of computer time! I promise to come and make up inspires to EACH and EVERY one of you! I feel like a real HEAL for my absence, but I have had some tough things I am dealing with...

love you all and I PROMISE to be better!

have a great day/week and will make sure to stop by each of your training logs on Sunday to see how you are...what you are doing...

Hugs!

My girl you owe no apologies, we all have life outside of tri !  I know you wish us all well, and you are only one person. you can't do it all !! BUT you do so much for us all !
HUGS and you were all at my race with me !! You always are !
2009-06-19 6:01 PM
in reply to: #2227996

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-18 8:37 PM

^^^^ X2!!! 

Your logs suggest that you should have a decent biking base to draw on. Your swimming looks OK. So, you don't win your AG; most of us never even get near the podium. Try to keep it fun.

Thank you for bringing me back to reality!  I had huge nerves going into my HIM, and the best advice I got was to smile throughout the race.  I was just re-reading some of that, and need to remember tomorrow that I'm there because I want to be, not because I need to win, and I intend to smile through this race too!

2009-06-19 6:40 PM

User image

Expert
Hawaii

Okay, what did I miss?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168