BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Shermbelle's Group Full and training our a$$es off Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2008-04-17 10:13 AM
in reply to: #1094296

User image

Expert
WA
Subject: RE: Shermbelle's Group Full and training our a$$es off

you're so awesome brian, thanks for keeping track of all this!

Andy - don't fall off the wagon!  Get out there and have a workout with Cornbread

2008-04-18 6:59 PM
in reply to: #1344499

User image

Expert
WA

I just wanted to report that I just had a fanTAStic run!!!  I hadn't run this route in about 2 months, so it was very cool to see the gains I've made. 

For one segment, which on my old EZ runs could take 9-11 minutes, depending - today, I FLEW and ran that segment in 5:30!!!!!  It was too scary fast so I dialed it back because today is supposed to be Tempo, not crazy fast.  So later in the run, I did it again in 7:50 - again, far and away the fastest I've ever run it, but wasn't hard.  I'm so happy!  It's nice when you concrete evidence of progress.

Have a great weekend guys! 

2008-04-18 9:11 PM
in reply to: #1348347

Champion
No excuses!
lisazapato - 2008-04-18 7:59 PM

I just wanted to report that I just had a fanTAStic run!!!  I hadn't run this route in about 2 months, so it was very cool to see the gains I've made. 

For one segment, which on my old EZ runs could take 9-11 minutes, depending - today, I FLEW and ran that segment in 5:30!!!!!  It was too scary fast so I dialed it back because today is supposed to be Tempo, not crazy fast.  So later in the run, I did it again in 7:50 - again, far and away the fastest I've ever run it, but wasn't hard.  I'm so happy!  It's nice when you concrete evidence of progress.

Have a great weekend guys! 

Great job Lisa, I told you so Wink 

Consistency pays off, and it will keep paying off. This is our teams year. Everyone PR's and hits there goals...Common now everyone HTFU Wink

2008-04-19 10:14 AM

Champion
No excuses!

So I had my 10 mi race with my son today. Went ok. Yesterday I did a Functional Threshold Test on the bike (after warm up go 20 min all out to see max power) so when I hit the first hill today I knew it was going to be a conservative race.

Last year we were 1:12 and change, this year was 1:17:33. Legs feel ok afterward but the fact that I am a good 10 pounds heavier than last year Yell and my son is about 12 pounds heavier than last year made all those hills tough.

So overall it was  a good punch in the face type of day. Making me realize that rather than telling all of you it is time to HTFU, I need to take heed to my own advice.

So for me it is time to really step it up and concentrate on body composition and getting in some serious miles to build my endurance and base.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2008-04-19 3:21 PM

User image

My apologies to the group. I have been following thru the logs and haven't made it back to this thread. I'm going to do a better job of keeping up here.

It looks like the group is really starting to put together a solid stretch of workouts/races. I think the springtime will do everyone good! I'm looking forward to watch each of you work towards your goals this season.

I've had an interesting last month as I decided against doing a HIM due to lack of time, and then got annoyed with myself and talked myself back into it. Bottom line- I wasn't sure if I had the time for all of the long workouts, but I've made a commitment because I really want to do it. I'll be doing Steelhead in August.

My workouts have been consistent, however I really need to step up my long endurance runs and bikes over the next month. I've got a 2.5 hr ride on tap for tomorrow. Have a good weekend!
2008-04-19 6:58 PM
in reply to: #1348961

Champion
No excuses!

Nole40 - 2008-04-19 4:21 PM My apologies to the group. I have been following thru the logs and haven't made it back to this thread. I'm going to do a better job of keeping up here. It looks like the group is really starting to put together a solid stretch of workouts/races. I think the springtime will do everyone good! I'm looking forward to watch each of you work towards your goals this season. I've had an interesting last month as I decided against doing a HIM due to lack of time, and then got annoyed with myself and talked myself back into it. Bottom line- I wasn't sure if I had the time for all of the long workouts, but I've made a commitment because I really want to do it. I'll be doing Steelhead in August. My workouts have been consistent, however I really need to step up my long endurance runs and bikes over the next month. I've got a 2.5 hr ride on tap for tomorrow. Have a good weekend!

Awesome, Steelhead in August. I will be there too.

2008-04-19 7:21 PM
in reply to: #1348731

User image

Expert
WA
Shermbelle - 2008-04-19 11:14 AM

So I had my 10 mi race with my son today. Went ok. Yesterday I did a Functional Threshold Test on the bike (after warm up go 20 min all out to see max power) so when I hit the first hill today I knew it was going to be a conservative race.

Last year we were 1:12 and change, this year was 1:17:33. Legs feel ok afterward but the fact that I am a good 10 pounds heavier than last year Yell and my son is about 12 pounds heavier than last year made all those hills tough.

So overall it was a good punch in the face type of day. Making me realize that rather than telling all of you it is time to HTFU, I need to take heed to my own advice.

So for me it is time to really step it up and concentrate on body composition and getting in some serious miles to build my endurance and base.

Have a great weekend everyone.

i can't believe you ran that fast pushing a stroller!!!!  nice job. 

2008-04-19 7:41 PM
in reply to: #1348731

User image

Expert
Still sounds like a fun race. 1:17 for 10 miles is nothing to sneeze at, especially pushing a stroller.
2008-04-20 11:04 PM

Champion
No excuses!

Thanks Brian, it was just a sad reminder that I am nowhere near where I was hoping to be at this point. Still 7 months to Arizona so time to get on it.

2008-04-24 10:25 AM

User image

Expert
Last weekend
Michael pushed his own cheering section for 10 hilly miles, kept a 7:46 pace, and was still complaining about how slow he was. I'm waffling between telling him good job and asking him if he wants some cheese with that fine whine.
Mike pushed through a great early season century, keeping an 18.39m/hr pace for 102.2 miles. Sweet.
Liz is getting some quality time on that tricked out bike, and seems to have broken out of her current swim plateau to bring it to the next level. That century in June is going to be no problem.
Brian is getting ready to finish his first tri. No whimping out on the swim this time.
Chris is finally breaking out of winter hibernation and getting outside on the bike, looks like he's starting to pick up the hours to get ready for Steelhead 70.3 in August.
Alexis is a finalist for a big company award, and had a lot of exciting life things getting in the way of training, including apparently 3 ft of snow.
Tim is tapering for his FIRST marathon ... wait.... what... first RACE ever? - GO TIM!!!!
Andy is bragging about how great the weather is in his part of the country, but isn't logging that many training hours. Seems to be going to baseball games and watching engineers race Concrete Canoes.
Ryan is really start to crank up the biking hours to get ready for Ironman Kansas in June.

Races for this weekend:
Brian - Moraga Treeline Sprint Tri
Alexis - Fun and Fitness Run/Walk - April 26th (CYEG)?
Tim - Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - Did I already mention it's his first? - GO!!!
Andy - Trailblazer 5k (?)

-----
Proud Member of 2008 Team Zoot GU
Maybe this is all some Absinthe-Fueled Scientific Romance
2008-04-24 11:13 AM
in reply to: #1359269

User image

Expert
WA

bhoover10001 - 2008-04-24 11:25 AM Last weekend Michael pushed his own cheering section for 10 hilly miles, kept a 7:46 pace, and was still complaining about how slow he was. I'm waffling between telling him good job and asking him if he wants some cheese with that fine whine. Mike pushed through a great early season century, keeping an 18.39m/hr pace for 102.2 miles. Sweet. Liz is getting some quality time on that tricked out bike, and seems to have broken out of her current swim plateau to bring it to the next level. That century in June is going to be no problem. Brian is getting ready to finish his first tri. No whimping out on the swim this time. Chris is finally breaking out of winter hibernation and getting outside on the bike, looks like he's starting to pick up the hours to get ready for Steelhead 70.3 in August. Alexis is a finalist for a big company award, and had a lot of exciting life things getting in the way of training, including apparently 3 ft of snow. Tim is tapering for his FIRST marathon ... wait.... what... first RACE ever? - GO TIM!!!! Andy is bragging about how great the weather is in his part of the country, but isn't logging that many training hours. Seems to be going to baseball games and watching engineers race Concrete Canoes. Ryan is really start to crank up the biking hours to get ready for Ironman Kansas in June. Races for this weekend: Brian - Moraga Treeline Sprint Tri Alexis - Fun and Fitness Run/Walk - April 26th (CYEG)? Tim - Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - Did I already mention it's his first? - GO!!! Andy - Trailblazer 5k (?) ----- Proud Member of 2008 Team Zoot GU Maybe this is all some Absinthe-Fueled Scientific Romance

brian, you are awesome!  i am so excited for tim, it's not even funny.  it's so cool when you see someone really prepare themselves and see how they do!  and brian, i hope to see you kick arse in the water at your tri .

2008-04-24 11:01 PM
in reply to: #1359269

User image

Veteran
Surrounded by 6 states

bhoover10001 - 2008-04-24 10:25 AM Last weekend Michael pushed his own cheering section for 10 hilly miles, kept a 7:46 pace, and was still complaining about how slow he was. I'm waffling between telling him good job and asking him if he wants some cheese with that fine whine. Mike pushed through a great early season century, keeping an 18.39m/hr pace for 102.2 miles. Sweet. Liz is getting some quality time on that tricked out bike, and seems to have broken out of her current swim plateau to bring it to the next level. That century in June is going to be no problem. Brian is getting ready to finish his first tri. No whimping out on the swim this time. Chris is finally breaking out of winter hibernation and getting outside on the bike, looks like he's starting to pick up the hours to get ready for Steelhead 70.3 in August. Alexis is a finalist for a big company award, and had a lot of exciting life things getting in the way of training, including apparently 3 ft of snow. Tim is tapering for his FIRST marathon ... wait.... what... first RACE ever? - GO TIM!!!! Andy is bragging about how great the weather is in his part of the country, but isn't logging that many training hours. Seems to be going to baseball games and watching engineers race Concrete Canoes. Ryan is really start to crank up the biking hours to get ready for Ironman Kansas in June. Races for this weekend: Brian - Moraga Treeline Sprint Tri Alexis - Fun and Fitness Run/Walk - April 26th (CYEG)? Tim - Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - Did I already mention it's his first? - GO!!! Andy - Trailblazer 5k (?) ----- Proud Member of 2008 Team Zoot GU Maybe this is all some Absinthe-Fueled Scientific Romance

I will be pulling myself away from baseball and canoe races to cheer Tim on.  Go Dude!

2008-04-25 4:47 PM

Champion
No excuses!

Hey gang, I am hopped up on Vicadin right now so if I start slurring my words you'll understand. I have a broncial infection and most likely a sinus infection that is causing a giant toothache on top of all the other symtoms. It has been 75-80 all week and I haven't rode outside because of this crap Yell

Thanks Brian for the recaps, I know I have been lazy and not keeping up with it.

Tim, freakin rock it this weekend. You are ready and will kill it. Good luck and give us the good news as soon as possible.

Have a great weekend and hopefully I will be able to do train here in the next few days.

2008-04-26 3:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville KY
Well I ran a 4:49:00 it was real hard not what I was shooting for but glad to finish. I'll do my race report Sunday. I don't remember it being this hard in a training run, only up from here. Thanks to all for the help and inspiration.

Tim (my body hurts from my waist down) Meyer
2008-04-26 3:52 PM
in reply to: #1363645

User image

Expert
WA

timdude - 2008-04-26 4:31 PM Well I ran a 4:49:00 it was real hard not what I was shooting for but glad to finish. I'll do my race report Sunday. I don't remember it being this hard in a training run, only up from here. Thanks to all for the help and inspiration. Tim (my body hurts from my waist down) Meyer

We're so proud of you Tim!!!  4:49 is nothing to sneeze at, now you have something to beat when you do another one, right?   Great job.  Looking forward to the race report. 

2008-04-26 9:35 PM
in reply to: #1363645

User image

Veteran
Surrounded by 6 states

timdude - 2008-04-26 3:31 PM Well I ran a 4:49:00 it was real hard not what I was shooting for but glad to finish. I'll do my race report Sunday. I don't remember it being this hard in a training run, only up from here. Thanks to all for the help and inspiration. Tim (my body hurts from my waist down) Meyer

Three cheers for Tim!  Way to go!

2008-04-27 2:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville KY
My race report is up, boy I'm sore today I'm walking like an old man. Yes Lisa I plan to do many more.
2008-04-28 8:39 AM
in reply to: #1364752

User image

Expert
timdude - 2008-04-27 12:30 PM

My race report is up, boy I'm sore today I'm walking like an old man. Yes Lisa I plan to do many more.

But you did it! That's a big first step. Make sure to take some time off before starting to run again. In November, I started running too soon after a half-mary, and so my knees just started to go out.

I did learn a lesson though. Never ice your knees in front of your parents. They just start to get worried.
2008-04-30 6:33 AM

User image

Excellent weekend for the group! Glad to see everyone doing a great job with their races. Hard training pays off!

Who else has races coming up in the next few weeks? I am still 2 weeks away from my first. Have a good week everyone!
2008-05-01 7:29 AM

Champion
No excuses!

Great job Tim, way to go. Yeah I understand your "it never hurt this much in a training run" comment. I have thought that myself on more than one occassion. Wink

2008-05-01 7:30 AM
in reply to: #1371413

Champion
No excuses!

Nole40 - 2008-04-30 7:33 AM Excellent weekend for the group! Glad to see everyone doing a great job with their races. Hard training pays off! Who else has races coming up in the next few weeks? I am still 2 weeks away from my first. Have a good week everyone!

I am doing a 25k next weekend but have decided due to taking over a week off and being on my deathbed that I will just be running it with a couple of friends at a nice steady pace

2008-05-01 11:08 AM

User image

Expert
Weekly Update:
Well... the weather is getting better, unless you're being flooded in Maine. The flowers are blooming.... the engineers are in speedos, racing in concrete canoes. The spectators are wearing sun glasses to protect their eyes from the glare coming off the engineers in speedos who have not gotten enough sun, and who probably don't belong in speedos in the first place.

So... here we go:
Michael - Apparently died and then, thanks to some strange voodoo chemicals, is now back among the living. I need to start taking some of those chems, because he's planning on doing a 25k at a "nice steady pace." Dude... sub 8's are NOT a nice easy pace.
Mike - Got his community service hours helping out at the Sacremento International Triathlon. Looks like he needs to start sucking it up in order to be ready for the Vineman IM. Only 3 more months to go!!
Lisa - OMG.... I just looked at her workout graph for April that she helpfully posted on her blog. She did over 26 hours of training last month, (double her best, and triple what she did in March). She's starting to call 5 miles @ 10min miles easy. I see a BQ time in her future.
Chris - Starting to get some quality training in. Complaining about the weather, but still getting the time in. Got his first tri of the season in two weeks.
Brian - Just finished his first triathlon, with a respectable time. Is currently in crunch mode at work, so he's starting to lose some of his quality sack time.
Alexis - Getting some running in, but not complaining about the snow any more. Does this mean that Canada is finally thawing out?
Tim - First marathon... first race... nuff' said? Having a well earned recovery week.
Andy - Had a very nice 5k, but didn't bother with that whole race report thing.... how are we supposed to pad our number of posts if we can't put "Grats" into your race report? What's up with that?
Ryan - Lots of running in Nebraska last week. Looks like Nebraska forgot about spring and is starting to move right into summer with some 75 degree days already. Weird since it was snowing 7 days ago. He's got a half mary coming up in two weeks.

This week's races:
Seems to be a pretty quiet week for the races. Looks like a lot more races next weekend, so stay tuned sport fans.
Alexis - University of Alberta Sprint Tri - May 4th (?)
Andy - Tour De Tulsa (50) - May 3rd (?)
Brian - Aztec 5k Run - May 4th - Maybe
2008-05-01 11:26 AM
in reply to: #1375118

User image

Extreme Veteran
Omaha, USA
bhoover10001 - 2008-05-01 11:08 AM

Looks like Nebraska forgot about spring and is starting to move right into summer with some 75 degree days already. Weird since it was snowing 7 days ago.

Excellent job! However, it might start snowing again in the panhandle today or tomorrow and then back to more normal temps. Going to be another nice one today, wind is still at least a constant 20mph (has not been windy two days the last 2 months).
2008-05-02 4:06 PM
in reply to: #1375118

User image

Veteran
Surrounded by 6 states

bhoover10001 - 2008-05-01 11:08 AM . This week's races: Seems to be a pretty quiet week for the races. Looks like a lot more races next weekend, so stay tuned sport fans. Alexis - University of Alberta Sprint Tri - May 4th (?) Andy - Tour De Tulsa (50) - May 3rd (?) Brian - Aztec 5k Run - May 4th - Maybe

No TdT for me this weekend.  But here is my race report for Brian from last week:

Ran when the gun went off.  Stopped when I got to the finish line.  A whole lot of people finished ahead of me.  Didn't see any canoes in the interim.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2008-05-04 7:46 PM
in reply to: #1378758

User image

Expert
Elvis15 - 2008-05-02 2:06 PM

bhoover10001 - 2008-05-01 11:08 AM . This week's races: Seems to be a pretty quiet week for the races. Looks like a lot more races next weekend, so stay tuned sport fans. Alexis - University of Alberta Sprint Tri - May 4th (?) Andy - Tour De Tulsa (50) - May 3rd (?) Brian - Aztec 5k Run - May 4th - Maybe

No TdT for me this weekend.  But here is my race report for Brian from last week:

Ran when the gun went off.  Stopped when I got to the finish line.  A whole lot of people finished ahead of me.  Didn't see any canoes in the interim.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

You didn't mention that a whole lot of people finished after you too. Grats!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Shermbelle's Group Full and training our a$$es off Rss Feed  

of 21