BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-07-20 11:20 AM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)
Hi Susie,

I don't have an answer for you but I have some questions to think about that may help guide you to a decision:

What's the best choice for your fiscal bottom line?

What's the best choice for your credit history?

What's the best choice for your mental well being?

What's your gut telling you?

What's your lawyer telling you?

Maybe you need to write out the pros and cons of each path.

Good luck!

Hugs, Nicole

2009-07-20 2:38 PM

User image

Master
I think I've decided.

Also, someone hacked into my PayPal account and attempted to steal hundreds of dollars. I'm hoping they can prove it's him so that I can press charges.
2009-07-21 11:15 PM
in reply to: #2294792

User image

Veteran
maxmansmom - 2009-07-19 4:51 PM Ran 5.6 miles last night.  I have never run that far before, but 13.1 feels like forever from here. I ran my usual route twice (once one way then the ohter)..... i was alone and has no music (mp3 is withmy buddy who is in hawaii)........ soo it was kinda rough.
I did run it all though, took 1 hour 12 minutes

That's a great run, Julie! You'll be there in no time, so enjoy the ride! Congratulations. 
2009-07-21 11:17 PM
in reply to: #2277380

User image

Veteran
HelenR - 2009-07-10 6:24 PM

Heh gang- just coming back to life after my first super big race..... It was a long/tough day ( ie 6:45!!)- but nothing so glorious as coming through that finish line. The hills ate me up- but--- oh well----- got it done!!! Thanks everyone for the inspires.... trying to get back to seeing how everyone is doing and cheer you otherr BT'ers on!!!

Onward and upwards...  ( out of respect for the darn hills!!)

-Helen  

Great job, Helen! Congratulations!
2009-07-21 11:26 PM

User image

Veteran
So, I'm sorry I've been away. I had pre-race jitters and the best way to deal with them, for me, is to bury myself in other stuff so I don't think about it. I tend to be a bit obsessive sometimes.So, I got my first Ironman finisher's medal for the Vineman 70.3! It was a long,hot day, but the bike ride was so beautiful I enjoyed every minute of it. The volunteers & spectators kept commenting on the big grin on my face! The run, not so much! I got a lot more, "Keep it up, you're almost there!" type comments there - haha! And, I got to talk to Sister Madonna Buder! A real triathlon celebrity. She races Vineman to qualify for a Kona slot, apparently and she asked my sister and me about the swim course before the start. It was exciting in a silly, geeky sort of way.Keep up the great work everyone - I'm proud of all of us and we are definitely capable of more than we think we are on any given day!Thanks so much for all your support and I'll be back in the conversation again, promise.Trish

Edited by NoSit 2009-07-21 11:27 PM
2009-07-22 5:14 AM
in reply to: #2300637

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
NoSit - 2009-07-22 1:26 PM

So, I'm sorry I've been away. I had pre-race jitters and the best way to deal with them, for me, is to bury myself in other stuff so I don't think about it. I tend to be a bit obsessive sometimes.So, I got my first Ironman finisher's medal for the Vineman 70.3! It was a long,hot day, but the bike ride was so beautiful I enjoyed every minute of it. The volunteers & spectators kept commenting on the big grin on my face! The run, not so much! I got a lot more, "Keep it up, you're almost there!" type comments there - haha! And, I got to talk to Sister Madonna Buder! A real triathlon celebrity. She races Vineman to qualify for a Kona slot, apparently and she asked my sister and me about the swim course before the start. It was exciting in a silly, geeky sort of way.Keep up the great work everyone - I'm proud of all of us and we are definitely capable of more than we think we are on any given day!Thanks so much for all your support and I'll be back in the conversation again, promise.Trish

Way to go Trish!!!

2009-07-22 5:15 AM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Hi everyone. I managed to hit 500 meters non-stop today and boy did it feel great. If I can hit that groove again, I'm sure I can get to 1000 and 1500 soon.

My wet suit arrived yesterday. I ordered from De Soto and it was here 6 days later. Customs did not add any tax or duties which is great. It took me a little while to get into the suit - fits really well and they say the first time is the toughest. I was able to get out of it fairly quickly. De Soto's two piece design is great. Now I need to find some open water to play in.
2009-07-24 8:17 PM
in reply to: #2296704

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Offthegrid - 2009-07-20 3:38 PM I think I've decided. Also, someone hacked into my PayPal account and attempted to steal hundreds of dollars. I'm hoping they can prove it's him so that I can press charges.

He is sure a waste of skin !  So sorry this is happening !
2009-07-24 8:18 PM
in reply to: #2300637

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
NoSit - 2009-07-22 12:26 AM So, I'm sorry I've been away. I had pre-race jitters and the best way to deal with them, for me, is to bury myself in other stuff so I don't think about it. I tend to be a bit obsessive sometimes.So, I got my first Ironman finisher's medal for the Vineman 70.3! It was a long,hot day, but the bike ride was so beautiful I enjoyed every minute of it. The volunteers & spectators kept commenting on the big grin on my face! The run, not so much! I got a lot more, "Keep it up, you're almost there!" type comments there - haha! And, I got to talk to Sister Madonna Buder! A real triathlon celebrity. She races Vineman to qualify for a Kona slot, apparently and she asked my sister and me about the swim course before the start. It was exciting in a silly, geeky sort of way.Keep up the great work everyone - I'm proud of all of us and we are definitely capable of more than we think we are on any given day!Thanks so much for all your support and I'll be back in the conversation again, promise.Trish

Wow ! Just wow, and I am so impressed ! I have heard of the little nun who races Kona...... great you got to see her !
2009-07-26 6:43 PM

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been away, but I have some good news.  After a couple of really crazy weeks, the house has sold and I found/bought a townhouse!  Will be moving near the end of September. 

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Julie...I love your new avatar .

I will try to read through the postings in the next day or two. 

Take care...K

2009-07-26 8:35 PM
in reply to: #2308944

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
kew - 2009-07-26 7:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been away, but I have some good news.  After a couple of really crazy weeks, the house has sold and I found/bought a townhouse!  Will be moving near the end of September. 

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Julie...I love your new avatar .

I will try to read through the postings in the next day or two. 

Take care...K

Super congrats !!!!!!!!!!! I think everyone is kinda out and busy and not posting much.  Thanks for the complilment ! smiles

2009-07-28 11:18 AM
in reply to: #2244474

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Sledge - 2009-06-26 5:04 AM

Girl Passing on Left - 2009-06-24 6:32 PM

Cheri - You just go...even when you say you are tired...and then there is torture Dan sessions....my hats off to you for all you do...even when you say you have no mojo - You are on incredible gal...I hope that you can rub off on me. Lord knows that I lost my mojo there for some time...and still dont feel like I am going full force!?!?

I am getting ready to head out on mtn bike ride tonight. our bike shop sets up a wednesday nite ride for all its customers/community...its amazing the amount of people who show up..All levels. We go in different groups and ride til dusk....then we head back and have good eats and a beer or two...tonight I am bringing a bottle of red wine.....

hope you all had a great hump day!

Julie, you give me too much credit.  I think right now I'm just falling back on my training.  But I joined the Tour de France bike challenge for July, so hopefully I will get some of that excitement back.  And I think I'm joining the half marathon craze around here, so running should have a special purpose soon (despite having to train in Florida in the summer -- UGH!!!).

Sounds like your focus is with the mountain biking crew -- good for you!  It's so much more enjoyable when you have people who like to do the same things as you, isn't it?  Although I think triathletes are a special breed -- there are lots and lots of hours of "alone" training.  I enjoy it, though.  I take the alone time as an opportunity to clear my head, or do some work-related problem solving, or enjoy the scenery, or listen to an audio book, ...

So here's to our mojo returning!  

HERE HERE!!!! I think I finally found mine! I needed to go and watch a big race.......I was at the vineman...and am TOTALLY upset that Trish was there and I probably either spoke directly to her...and never had a clue! ;(  I saw quite a few BTers there...but because I have been such a sorry leader...had no clue that she was going to be there!!!!! DOH! my daughter did great...she finished it in 6:43 sumpin sumpin....the run took a lot out of her...due to the heat....but she finished under the 7 hours she anticipated! YAY! she then spent the week with us and did the Solano tri last weekend...and got 11th out of 99 in her AG. She is such the little athletic stud-ette! I just signed up for the October -rock n roll half marathon in October...my sister, daughter, niece and some neighbors are going to do it together!

Hope you are finding your mojo! if you are planning on doing some runs...sure would be great to have you join us!????

Thanks sooo much for all your INSPIRING messages....you are the bestess-essssss and I am very fortunate that our lives have crossed path...I consider you a great friend, Cheri....even though we have not had the honor of meeting in person yet! That will happen soon! maybe in October???? or before??????

2009-07-28 11:24 AM
in reply to: #2248472

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lufferly - 2009-06-28 12:23 PM

My race went well this morning. This was the 12th year for this race to be put on and they said it was the hottest ever, weather more like August. They tapped into a couple of fire hydrants to spray everyone off and had iced down sponges at mile 1 and 2 on the run. It was 83 when I left at 5am and 96 on my way home. I felt really good on the swim and bike, and so so on the run (if that's what you want to call it Undecided). But it looks like I shaved off 3 minutes from my time last year, still waiting for official results.

I joined a branch of USA Fit in my area, and had an orientation meeting yesterday morning. We start training on July 11th ... ha, then I'm on vacation in Aspen for 5 days and will miss the group on the 18th. I'm hoping that running with a group one day a week will help me get faster.

Julie, you might be surprised how much fun you would find the half mary to be. Believe me, I NEVER thought I'd say that.  Come on ... it will be great fun!! Runner's World has a free program that will make up a plan for you based on your 5K time and when your half mary would be. I've already booked my hotel room in Memphis for the St. Jude Half in December.

Now, I'm off the lay on the sofa under the fan and take a little nap!

hope you had a great nap! CONGRATS ON A GREAT RACE...and IN SUPER HOT CONDITIONS!!!! WOW...96 degrees! that is definitely warmer then warm!

you are now back from your trip in Aspen...and I hope that you  had a great time...and are back napping under that fan...after all the training I know you are doing with your new tri team! what is your next race? is it the HM? and next year..

I say we all (the entire GPOL mentor team) sign up for one...we have to find one that is centrally located to us all! (well besides you Dan..otherwise we may be in the middle of the ocean!!!!)

I am planning a trip to Houston as soon as my work calms down a bit....My dad is in hospice and I want to get home soon...so, I will be in touch...and this time we will get together! I PROMISE!

2009-07-28 11:26 AM
in reply to: #2248483

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-06-28 12:31 PM I had a really good ride on my tri bike. I think I finally have the front derailleur adjusted properly.

I ran REALLY slow in a 5k race with my daughter. I think I ran 11 minute miles!? not sure why I had no energy! but I had NONE! maybe I was thinking about the 50+ mile ride we were going to do right after the run! hehe sure that did not help!

glad your derailleur is finally dialed in...and working like it should! bet you are on fast mother on the bike now!

2009-07-28 11:31 AM
in reply to: #2254400

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

maxmansmom - 2009-06-30 4:40 PM
Sledge - 2009-06-30 10:50 AM

So do you want to hear a funny?  Today is another Torture Dan session, so last night I was trying to figure out if I wanted to do two run workouts in this heat (my normal morning run plus the torture session).  I just wasn't up for it, and asked my husband for his opinion.  He suggested I swim -- what a DUH moment for me!  What could be better than to swim for a half hour before work?  You don't have to worry about how hot it is outside, and humidity certainly isn't a factor.   So I thanked him, and he got this worried look on his face!  Then he said, "You aren't training for another race, are you?" I kept a poker face, but was laughing inside -- he hasn't forgotten the frenetic pace of my HIM training yet!

Ok that is hilarious !!! You did a great job keeping a straight face !

haha....that is funny! but are you training for another race????

2009-07-28 11:33 AM
in reply to: #2251616

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lufferly - 2009-06-29 4:21 PM
Sledge - 2009-06-29 3:37 PM

With Saturday being the 4th of July, I'll bet there are lots of races coming up.  I'm planning to follow on with my tradition -- every year I run the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta.  It's a crazy 10K race -- 55,000 runners running up (and down) some serious hills, all for the coveted t-shirt!  It's hot (why do you think they call it HOTLANTA?), it's crowded, it's an ordeal, but it's a lot of fun.

What is everyone else doing?

Not sure what I'm doing.  Last year my DH and I did an organized ride called Burn Your Buns.  It's the ride I had the panic attack on.  I'm up for the shorter distance (before the bigger hills and my panic attack happened), I think it's 25 miles.

WOW, I'm listening to the weather, and we might actually have some rain!!! It's been over 35 days now with no rain. We were watching Seven Pounds last night and I was so jealous of the rainy scenes which I probably wouldn't have even noticed otherwise! 

Love the name of the race...burn your buns........I need to burn my buns...and then burn them some more!!!!

HOPING...FINGERS CROSSED ~~ did you get the MUCH needed rain?

2009-07-28 11:34 AM
in reply to: #2251632

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lufferly - 2009-06-29 4:29 PM

I finally found the results from yesterdays race and I shaved 3:40 off from last years time!  Knocked time off in each event and my transitions. The race field was capped at 700 and there were over 80 that were listed as DNS (over 10%)!! My guess is many bowed out because they didn't want to race in an overheated sauna.  Looks like there were 553 that finished.

way to be one of those finishers! YOU GO GIRL!

2009-07-28 11:37 AM
in reply to: #2259434

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

maxmansmom - 2009-07-02 5:43 PM Well, I suppose reading my training log will explain why I am limping..........but I could sure use advice on how to get the knot in my right butt cheek to go away, not to mention the kinda numb tingly down my leg........  I knew better than to do lunges !!!!  So far I took one muscle relaxer, then took a hot bath.......... it helped me to at least walk, but not stop the limp ! lol
I hope tomorrow it's all better ! lol

hoping that you are all better and are being a bit more cautious with those lunges! I made the mistake of trying to jump rope with my daughter....OMG!!! every bone, muscle and ounce of fat ACHES!!! so, do yourself a favor when your little one says lets jump rope mom....Say NOOOOOOOOO! or dont go all out like I did! I felt great for the first 15 minutes..then I felt muscles that I never knew I had!!!!! and still dooooo! DOH!

2009-07-28 11:39 AM
in reply to: #2261434

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lyssa-gator - 2009-07-04 8:59 AM getting out two days in a row!! yahoo--wish it was raining

LYSSA!!!! I am soooooooooo glad to see you are running...and two days in a row! SHE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

2009-07-28 11:44 AM
in reply to: #2262288

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

dcon - 2009-07-05 12:01 AM Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. I'm back at home in Japan and hoping to get back into my exercise routines. I only ended up running three times and swimming once during the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, my left hip has been getting sore whenever I run. Cycling seems to be okay and I got out for a good ride yesterday. I'm planning to get in a swim tomorrow to see if that bugs the hip or not.

Hi Dan...I wanted to thank you for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLl your inspires! and tell you that I am sorry that I never responded...I have tons of drama and my job has been crazy busy this summer! plus now we have been going to a summer downhill mtn bike series every other weekend...so I feel like I am never home! I truly appreciate all your great advice and wanted you to know how much it meant to me!!!!

sorry you are having hip issues...be careful...have you had it x-rayed? I know when I was having hip issues...my therapists told me that cycling and swimming are good for the joint muscles...but you make sure to go and have it looked at if it continues to flair up on you....ok!?!?

did the swim cause any pain?

2009-07-28 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2264847

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-07-06 10:10 AM I took my son to have his wisdom teeth out this morning and shortly I'll be waiting on the cable guy to come so it looks like no training for me today [/QUOTE

wisdom teeth removed! that is tramatic...hoping he faired it well!

and as for waiting for the cable guy....why is they always give you a time...like between 12 noon and 5 pm....they should just say 5 pm...because it never fails that he is there at the very latest he is scheduled....hoping yours was there early for you...so you still go the ride in...but for some reason I am HIGHLY doubtful!! haha

2009-07-28 11:52 AM
in reply to: #2266958

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Sledge - 2009-07-07 6:53 AM

Well Lyssa, you would have been so proud of me today!  I went out for a run, and after 30 seconds it started to rain.  But rather than turning around and heading home, I kept going.  The rain certainly kept me cooler, but it sure didn't help my speed.

see Lyssa...looks like you are on your way to converting YET another one of our teammates...it hardly ever rains here...but I look forward to those days now....and all because you forced me to run a few times in it....and I then reverted back to my kid days of playing in the rain.....and now I love to run and play in the rain....and every time I do so...I think of my Lyssa!

2009-07-28 12:02 PM
in reply to: #2266977

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

maxmansmom - 2009-07-07 6:57 AM So someone made poopie in the pool during open swim and when we got there thankfully the pool was closed.
Ok, how nasty is that ?........ I always knew that in a pool I swim in water, but ever knew I'd have to deal with poop.
I may be ruined forever !!

yup...that is why whenever I see someone with a diaper in the pool...I usually will stay out! I just hope that this was not a poopy from someone other thena diaper!

here is a funny story...for you...I was a kid...it was 4th of July and our pool had a BIG celebration every year....they would dump buckets of pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters in to the pool....and then they would blow a whistle and all of us kids would have a free for all trying to get as much of the money as possible....well I was on a roll...was getting tons of money...just scooping away....when all of a sudden I came upon something that was round and soft!!! WHAT THE DEVIL? I went up to the top of the pool with it and about FREAKED OUT! or I DID FREAK OUT! I tossed it out...and when I did...it hit one of the lifeguards that was not too amused! the whistle blew and we were forced to get out....we being kids...were not happy - there went our celebration...the pool was closed for a few days....HOW NASTY INDEED! I later lifeguarded at the pool and we would tell all the kids that if they pee'd in the water the water will change color and we will know it is you doing so....we sure noticed lots of kids getting out and going to the bathroom....haha...so it did seem to work! this is why I like non public pools! but sure is hard to swim laps in a backyard pool, eh!?!

2009-07-28 12:04 PM
in reply to: #2267514

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

run_yc_run - 2009-07-07 9:23 AM

Congratulations on all the successes, gang! Sorry to have been MIA for so long- it's been tough not running with this stress fracture that doesn't seem to want to heal, and then I have to log workouts for my coach on another system- so I haven't been on as much as I would have liked.

I did 2/3 of a sprint tri on the weekend, including my first OWS. Yikes- with no line on the bottom of the lake and the wetsuit, it was a tough and looooonnnnng swim for me. I was pretty excited to get on the bike though and was really pleased with my ride. Since I DNF'd, I was disappointed that they didn't post my other splits but fairly certain that I was in the bottom 20 for swimmers but the top 10 for the bike leg. Still no secret where my weakness lies.

Funny story though- shortly after returning home from the race, a friend calls to say a friend of his would like to buy my bike. Within hours, the bike is gone, and off we go to the bike shop to pick up the one that I scoped out previously. Well then last night, the owner of the LBS calls to say that he messed up and should have tagged my new bike for someone else. So he offers me a HUGE upgrade (from Ultegra to Durarace!) for the same price. When we asked why he didn't give it to the other customer, he said she didn't like the colour of the upgraded bike! WTF?! It would be like saying I would rather a Honda Civic because they have it in red, even though the dealer is offering a Honda Accord for the same price in black. Oh well, their loss is my gain!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

wow...sounds like you came out on top of that deal!!!! so...PICS??? of you on it????

2009-07-28 12:07 PM
in reply to: #2272120

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Sledge - 2009-07-09 3:27 AM

Today is Julie's (GPOL's) birthday.  If you get a chance, go wish her a happy one.

shhhhhhhhhh....be berry berry quiet! she is on her way back down that hill of life...52 this year!

thanks Cheri...now what birdy told you it was my day???? cuz I need them to tell me all yours!!!????!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168