BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-08-05 2:56 PM
in reply to: #2328861

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)

HelenR - 2009-08-05 4:14 AM

Good morning team! Well- it is done- Steelhead HIM -I can cross it off the list!! Overall- was a super experience- did the race last yr- but was turned into a DU- but this yr was a full race. Swam went ok- got thru it, the bike- I bonked- just no energy in legs, and run was ok. Overall- was pleased with the day!! Glad it is done!

super job Helen! We are soooo proud of you! what a great accomplishment for you!!!! hugs! hope you are taking some much deserved time off! enjoy it! we look forward to when you return to us!

2009-08-05 3:46 PM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

WOO HOO FOR HELEN!!!  Go read her race report -- she had the intestinal fortitude to run a half marathon after what she considered "bonking" on the bike.  And by the way, her bike time wasn't too shabby...

2009-08-05 7:09 PM
in reply to: #2328861

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
HelenR - 2009-08-05 8:14 PM

Good morning team! Well- it is done- Steelhead HIM -I can cross it off the list!! Overall- was a super experience- did the race last yr- but was turned into a DU- but this yr was a full race.  Swam went ok- got thru it, the bike- I bonked- just no energy in legs, and run was ok. Overall- was pleased with the day!! Glad it is done!

Way to go Helen!! Two HIMs with only a month in between? Sounds like you had a tough race, but looks like you learned a lot. Rest well.
2009-08-05 10:30 PM
in reply to: #2322683

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

Love the picture. 

Girl Passing on Left - 2009-08-02 4:04 PM

lufferly - 2009-08-02 12:25 PM Aspen Finish

Wow, Julee, you are such a great teacher ... look at that ... I actually figured it out ... guess that's why you are our fearlers leader!!  Anyway, here I am just before the finish chute at the Aspen Race for the Cure.  You can barely see the mountains through the trees. What a wonderful time!

you look fabulous! very fresh...and look at that smile the size of Texas!

way to be able to even breathe in that altitude! NICE JOB LISA! and like I said soon you will be one photo posting gal. Im glad it made sense!

2009-08-05 10:48 PM
in reply to: #2315969

User image

Veteran
British Columbia

Lyssa... I hope you feel better soon.  Nothing worse than dealing with the heat as well as the nausea.

Julie...congrats!  33 minutes that's great.  You go girl!!

Helen...I hope your HIM went well.  Looking forward to hearing all about it.  Is there a race report yet?

Julee...our leader is back (doing the happy dance)

Yvonne...how's the foot?  Hope to get a chance to see you up in Penticton in a few weeks.

Amy...are you still planning to put your house on the market?  Looks like the swim/bike/run is going really well. 

Disappointed I didn't get a chance to do any tri's this year, but I am starting to plan for next year already.  Is anyone racing this weekend? 

Girl Passing on Left - 2009-07-29 2:43 PM

lyssa-gator - 2009-07-28 7:02 PM hey guys! again i'm getting on here to apologize for being so absent! i really really tried to come back, and not just pick up the workouts, but be more present on the thread, i think you guys are so amazing and awesome! here's the update on my crazy life--i told some of you guys what was going on before, my dh was cheating on me, and it messed me up, a LOT. we're staying to gether, and we're working it out, things are maybe improving, then a few weeks ago i found out i'm freakin' pregnant. oh yeah, it's just keeps getting better. LOL i would LOVE to still be running and cycling, and swimming (especially today, it's so HOT!!) but the nausea (and exhaustion)  has me by the throat just now, and most days it's all i can do to be upright. it sounds terrible at THIS moment, but the nausea should only last another month or so, then i'm going to start slow (and start OVER AGAIN) and hopefully be able to keep some level of fitness up for the duration. sadly, i think my racing season is over (i havent gotten to race at all this year except that 10K back in feb) but there's always next year.

i'm still going to get on here and check up on you guys regularly, and i feel bad i haven't been on here more, i've missed you guys, and even if it sounds hollow, i actually DO tink of you guys every single day.
it's not the end of me (it took me a while to get to that point LOL) it's just the pause button.
run-bike-swim-RACE!!!

Lyssa...my dear Lyssa! I sooo consider you to be a sister to me! I am glad you and your husband decided to stay together...hope it works out. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
AND IM GOING TO BE A NEW AUNTIE! WOO HOO!!! Sorry you dont feel well...hope the nausea leaves ya soon!  You hang in there...and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

I also didnt get to race this season like I would like to have...but we both will jump feet first in next year....DEAL????

HUGS....you have my phone number....call me if you ever need to!

xoxox your BT sister and soon to be AUNTIE!

2009-08-06 7:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Apology to all my BT buddies...just can't find time to communicate right now. You know the deal...work is on overload, and training at it's peak. Trying not to make same mistake as last year, but finding it hard to not stay up late working, or pushing myself to exhaustion on training. I have no appetite right now, and feel I'm on the borderline....doc next week will evaluate. Why can't I not be competitive with the training group when I'm the oldest member....I just can't do it! I know I'm not a loser, but feel like one when I run last.

2009-08-06 9:14 AM
in reply to: #2331193

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Amy, don't sweat the communication thing.  We all drop out then come back (or not), and it's all ok.  We all realize that real life is much more important than this.  But reach out for support whenever you need it!

As far as being the old chick -- I know all about that!  But that's why the races have age groups!!!  It's more realistic to race with people in your AG.  As far as the training goes, it's good to train occasionally with people that are better than you -- it pushes you and makes you dig deeper.

I hope you are wrong about being on the edge.  Follow your plan, bank on you training, keep up the nutrition, and definitely take those rest days!!!

2009-08-06 9:16 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Speaking of rest days, my legs are complaining mightily right now!  I did some hills this morning (well, Florida hills which aren't much but they are signficant for this Florida girl) and my legs feel it.  No more running until the race on Saturday!

2009-08-06 10:56 AM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2009-08-06 5:59 AM Apology to all my BT buddies...just can't find time to communicate right now. You know the deal...work is on overload, and training at it's peak. Trying not to make same mistake as last year, but finding it hard to not stay up late working, or pushing myself to exhaustion on training. I have no appetite right now, and feel I'm on the borderline....doc next week will evaluate. Why can't I not be competitive with the training group when I'm the oldest member....I just can't do it! I know I'm not a loser, but feel like one when I run last.

no apologies needed girl! we are here for you. dont you work too hard!!! life is wayyy to short! and as for being last....someone has to be!? 

about 5-6 years back I came in DEAD Last in a biathlon I was entered into with my husband....DEAD LAST out of 2000+ people....now tell me I didnt feel bad!! especially for my poor husband who was waiting and waiting for me to come in from a cross country mtn run....its now funny....he was sitting in a HUUUUGE parking lot allll by his lonesome....and to think it was full of bikes when I took off! I think if I were to go back there now, we would do much better....well, maybe! haha

you take care of yourself...and know that we will be here when you need us. We all need time away...and you need not make any explanations to us! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

2009-08-06 10:58 AM
in reply to: #2331411

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Sledge - 2009-08-06 7:16 AM

Speaking of rest days, my legs are complaining mightily right now!  I did some hills this morning (well, Florida hills which aren't much but they are signficant for this Florida girl) and my legs feel it.  No more running until the race on Saturday!

ahhhh a rest much deserved! and good luck on your race Cheri~

2009-08-07 12:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
amy mutz - 2009-08-06 8:59 AM Apology to all my BT buddies...just can't find time to communicate right now. You know the deal...work is on overload, and training at it's peak. Trying not to make same mistake as last year, but finding it hard to not stay up late working, or pushing myself to exhaustion on training. I have no appetite right now, and feel I'm on the borderline....doc next week will evaluate. Why can't I not be competitive with the training group when I'm the oldest member....I just can't do it! I know I'm not a loser, but feel like one when I run last.

I know how you feel my sweet friend !  One of my girls (my fellow rubber duckie) said something to me that helped me past the feeling of loosing all the time. She said, go out to beat your time, do not go out to beat the other racers. 
I am one of the older racers in my group, but I am not the oldest. Our oldest is in her 50
s and she can beat me on the bike and the run. I have since I started been able to swim a bit quicker than she can, I finally see results.
So please when you feel down, remember me and know that if we were in the same group I'd be next to you, and we'd be doing our best together , maybe last but together ! 
You are an inspiration, I'd never have thought of a mini marathon had you not suggested it.  You work out harder than anyone I know, and you are a winner to me !!!!
You will be ahead of others in your race, maybe not in the group you are in, but you will beat others.........
HUGS MY FRIEND !

2009-08-07 12:54 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

ran intervals today. short but sweet run. will be gone this weekend - heading to Yosemite to camp and race (more like just ride) ...so, hope you all have a great weekend.

anyone racing this weekend?

2009-08-07 1:12 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Hi all,

It seems like a while since I've reported in. Everything with my training seems a bit boring right now and I feel like I have nothing to report on and nothing much to add to the conversation.

I've just gone a week without running, hoping that my feet are improving and that I'll be able to start running again late next week. I've purchased and watched the "Evolution Running" dvd hoping to learn proper forefoot-strike running form, hoping that this will help keep me injury free and moving forward.

I've got a relay tri coming up on the 23rd (Iron Girl) where I will be the swimmer. It's a huge race and the relays go off in the last wave, more and 1.5 hrs after the first wave starts; there will definitely be people finishing the race before I get out of the water (maybe even before I start). Thankfully, my tri club will have a tent set up where we'll be able to hang out.
2009-08-08 7:28 PM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope you are all having a good one.  I raced a 5K today, and the heat was really intense.  But I had an ok race, and did manage to bring home some hardware -- second in my AG.  The woman who beat me equaled my 5K PR, and she did it in this blasted heat!  So I'm mostly happy with my race today because there is no way I could have run the race she ran.  But there's that competitive spirit that doesn't let me say that I'm completely happy.  I guess it will make me work that much harder next time! 

We keep talking about another 6-8 weeks of this heat.  I used to be a sun worshipper, but I am so ready for this to end.  Or maybe it could be cool overnight, then warm (or hot) during the day?  Who can I make a deal with?  

2009-08-08 8:57 PM
in reply to: #2336244

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
congrats on your race and getting hardware!
2009-08-08 9:00 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Sledge - 2009-08-09 9:28 AM

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope you are all having a good one.  I raced a 5K today, and the heat was really intense.  But I had an ok race, and did manage to bring home some hardware -- second in my AG.  The woman who beat me equaled my 5K PR, and she did it in this blasted heat!  So I'm mostly happy with my race today because there is no way I could have run the race she ran.  But there's that competitive spirit that doesn't let me say that I'm completely happy.  I guess it will make me work that much harder next time! 

We keep talking about another 6-8 weeks of this heat.  I used to be a sun worshipper, but I am so ready for this to end.  Or maybe it could be cool overnight, then warm (or hot) during the day?  Who can I make a deal with?  

Way to go Cheri!!

2009-08-08 9:12 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I had an interesting and fun morning & early afternoon. Today was my tri group's "Brick-n-Pic", a run-bike-run, followed by a picnic. The whole thing was preceded by some of us cleaning the mile stretch of road the group has adopted. The cleaning started around 8:30 and the brick-n-pic started about 10. Since I'm not supposed to run I skipped the first run and then did a double dose of biking in the Iron Girl route and the Columbia Tri route. Then it was time for the food: burgers, hot dogs, fruit, veggies, etc. So, good rides, good company, good food, good time!
2009-08-08 10:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Hi peeps ! It's  so late but had to check in real quick. Lexi had a super time at her first triathlon today.  I'll write more tomorrow but after the tri was granny's house, then playdate at the new water spash park in town with daddy and then vbs with mommy....we are so tired !
Happy, but tired ! lol
2009-08-09 8:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Sounds like everyone is having a fun-filled weekend. Congrats on your race, Cheri. We may actually get some rain this afternoon ... but we'll see.  Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
2009-08-09 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2336347

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
MDHillSlug - 2009-08-08 10:12 PM I had an interesting and fun morning & early afternoon. Today was my tri group's "Brick-n-Pic", a run-bike-run, followed by a picnic. The whole thing was preceded by some of us cleaning the mile stretch of road the group has adopted. The cleaning started around 8:30 and the brick-n-pic started about 10. Since I'm not supposed to run I skipped the first run and then did a double dose of biking in the Iron Girl route and the Columbia Tri route. Then it was time for the food: burgers, hot dogs, fruit, veggies, etc. So, good rides, good company, good food, good time!

Girl, you are so get up and go , do you ever sleep ?????? smile
2009-08-09 3:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
Well other than swim 2wice a week I have scared myself that I have done no bike and no run lately. SCARED !
So, I am going to see if my mama will watch Lexi for me while I run or bike in the mornings. I have waited until evening but that always gets dh and I crooked wehn I am gone evenings and he can't do anything for himself.
So trying to work in a new schedule and really really not sure if I want to do the 13.1 .  I mean I wanted to learnto swim/bike and run, I wanted to do a tri, I do not want to do this 13.1.
I'd like to be done with and and know I did it, but I do not want to do it.
So I am not sure if I should force myself to do it or just not do it at all ??????? I am freaking out !!!

2009-08-09 5:45 PM

Veteran

Congrats on the race and your hardware- YEH!!!!

2009-08-09 5:51 PM

Veteran

Hello friends!!

- well- one week since my HIM- have had a week of post race R&R, post race food binging ( you know- all that stuff you shouldn't have prior to a race- ie- candy, pizza, beer to more candy, pizza and beer- ha ha...) Thought about doing a local sprint race- but thought again- and nope. Nutiriton has been so off thisweek- body feels like crap. Anyway- holdiays are done, back to work tomorrow and back to the ole, welcome grind- of good eating, work and trng!! Body should feel better in 48 hrs- hope I can get all this sugar out of me!!

-Helen

2009-08-09 7:48 PM
in reply to: #2337187

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

HelenR - 2009-08-09 5:51 PM

Hello friends!!

- well- one week since my HIM- have had a week of post race R&R, post race food binging ( you know- all that stuff you shouldn't have prior to a race- ie- candy, pizza, beer to more candy, pizza and beer- ha ha...) Thought about doing a local sprint race- but thought again- and nope. Nutiriton has been so off thisweek- body feels like crap. Anyway- holdiays are done, back to work tomorrow and back to the ole, welcome grind- of good eating, work and trng!! Body should feel better in 48 hrs- hope I can get all this sugar out of me!!

-Helen

I hope you do better than I did!  I put on a few pounds after my race (and they are gone again, thank goodness) because I hadn't quite figured out how to quit eating to fuel all of that training that I had been doing.  I spent a good month just coasting, but it sounds like that is not your cup of tea.

2009-08-09 8:10 PM
in reply to: #2336980

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
maxmansmom - 2009-08-09 3:58 PM
MDHillSlug - 2009-08-08 10:12 PM I had an interesting and fun morning & early afternoon. Today was my tri group's "Brick-n-Pic", a run-bike-run, followed by a picnic. The whole thing was preceded by some of us cleaning the mile stretch of road the group has adopted. The cleaning started around 8:30 and the brick-n-pic started about 10. Since I'm not supposed to run I skipped the first run and then did a double dose of biking in the Iron Girl route and the Columbia Tri route. Then it was time for the food: burgers, hot dogs, fruit, veggies, etc. So, good rides, good company, good food, good time!

Girl, you are so get up and go , do you ever sleep ?????? smile

I tell ya I was dragging at the end of the second ride and I pooped out early last night. Today was a rest day.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168