BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-01-05 7:32 PM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)

I went and swam again today. Was not a very good swim, but I swam...what about the rest of you? what did you do today?

2009-01-05 9:09 PM
in reply to: #1888071

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 8:32 PM

I went and swam again today. Was not a very good swim, but I swam...what about the rest of you? what did you do today?

Besides the frenzy at work that made me rev up my game, i also ran on the dreadmill and did some upperbody strenght.

2009-01-05 9:19 PM
in reply to: #1888353

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
chipit muffin - 2009-01-05 7:09 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 8:32 PM

Besides the frenzy at work that made me rev up my game, i also ran on the dreadmill and did some upperbody strenght.

thats my bella! good job! you rock girl! sorry about the frenzy of a day...hopefully you are in your jammies and reading a good book or soaking in a bubble bath...have a great evening. Keep it up and before long you will be falling out of those tight pants we talked of earlier today! go Isabelle go!

2009-01-05 9:36 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
No workout for me today. I had a full day with the kiddos. School, no naps, errands, photos with friends at the park, dinner and finally bed! I am whooped!

I am checking out 24hr fitness in the am after the morning drop offs. I plan on doing a swim and maybe a run. I will have to see how I feel after I swim.

2009-01-05 10:48 PM
in reply to: #1888413

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2009-01-05 7:36 PM No workout for me today. I had a full day with the kiddos. School, no naps, errands, photos with friends at the park, dinner and finally bed! I am whooped! I am checking out 24hr fitness in the am after the morning drop offs. I plan on doing a swim and maybe a run. I will have to see how I feel after I swim.

let me know what you think of the gym. I too think I am going to suck it up and join a gym. I was not real impressed with the 24 hour fitness when I looked at it last year...was out of control packed and was more meat markety then a gym to me...everyone looked way too pretty in thier cute little outfits!!! haha - maybe I am just jealous!?!

2009-01-06 7:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

Hi my friends !  I made it through spin class and REALLY, all because of the wonderful tips I was given by you all, and by youtube ! lol  I watched some tutorials on how to set up the bike.

Instructor was very nice, there are two avid bikers in the class, they ride 100's of miles.  Two gals who just got new fancy bikes and are training for 100 mile rides and two of us newbies. Oh yeah, I talked about BT and triathlons, they are considering them, but none of them are after it like I am ! lol

They had three rules, no politics, no religion and drink your water bottle.  LOL  We joked about the seat pain (and wow was I glad when all the bits/butt got numb). I was SOAKED with sweat and so was the new guy with me, the others seemed like they could go clubbing right after class but they were working so unbelievably hard...........how is that ? lol

The class was an hour, and I did as suggested, took it easy, brought my towel and a water bottle (I had gatoraid........figured if I cramped up it would help me).  Truly thank you all for helping me get through it.  I go back on Wednesday night and now I love having the first class under my belt.

YOU ALL ROCK !

2009-01-06 7:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I got my run, and classes in last night and I'm glad to be back in the groove. I do have to say "I DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT" when I got on the scale for my Monday weigh in...anybody have a loss? I will try my luck again next Monday.
I hope everyone have a great Tuesday and can get some type of workout in...me too.

My quote for the day:

"I think what I represent is achieving what you want in life. It's a matter of your attitude. Some people have a negative attitude, and that's their disability." Marla Runyan, legally blind US 1500M Olympic hopeful.

Makes you think doesn't it?!

Amy IN
2009-01-06 7:36 AM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Hi everyone.  I had a great Tuesday.  Got outside for my first ride of the year - called it quits after about 40 minutes because my toes/feet were freezing.   It was about 5 C and windy.  My extra thin anklet type running socks just don't cut it. 

I also made it to health club and spent about 20 minutes on a stationary bike, got in my first weights session since end/Oct last year and then did some time in the pool.  

Am I sore yet?  I can feel the muscles tightening up as I type, but I know I'm going to sleep well tonight.  Two glasses of merlot doesn't hurt either.

Julie H: sounds like you've latched onto a good class.  I'm going to have to check to see if they have anything similar at my health club.  I would rather sweat than freeze.

Amy IN: glad to hear you are back in the groove.  After today's workouts, I know exactly how that feels.   

2009-01-06 8:30 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Good morning everyone!

My day started out pretty shaky.  I planned to ride the trainer before work, but due to "technical difficulties" I had to put that plan aside.  And now I have to take that bike to the shop!  Fortunately it's not my good road bike.    So instead of riding, I did a little core work.

Every Tuesday I try to run with a friend, who is also a certified RRCA coach.  He comes up with the most exquisite torture plans that you can imagine!   I'm supposed to meet him after work today (assuming the front doesn't get here by then), so I'll let you know later what torture he puts me through.

Cheri

2009-01-06 8:41 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I did another ride on the rollers, 11+ miles in about 45 minutes.
2009-01-06 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1888726

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
maxmansmom - 2009-01-06 5:06 AM

Hi my friends !  I made it through spin class and REALLY, all because of the wonderful tips I was given by you all, and by youtube ! lol  I watched some tutorials on how to set up the bike.

Instructor was very nice, there are two avid bikers in the class, they ride 100's of miles.  Two gals who just got new fancy bikes and are training for 100 mile rides and two of us newbies. Oh yeah, I talked about BT and triathlons, they are considering them, but none of them are after it like I am ! lol

They had three rules, no politics, no religion and drink your water bottle.  LOL  We joked about the seat pain (and wow was I glad when all the bits/butt got numb). I was SOAKED with sweat and so was the new guy with me, the others seemed like they could go clubbing right after class but they were working so unbelievably hard...........how is that ? lol

The class was an hour, and I did as suggested, took it easy, brought my towel and a water bottle (I had gatoraid........figured if I cramped up it would help me).  Truly thank you all for helping me get through it.  I go back on Wednesday night and now I love having the first class under my belt.

YOU ALL ROCK !

great job on making it thru an hour on a spin bike...you are bigger than I...kiu It is such great training and will make you rock on your bike portion of the race! go Julie go!

2009-01-06 9:44 AM
in reply to: #1888738

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2009-01-06 5:14 AM I got my run, and classes in last night and I'm glad to be back in the groove. I do have to say "I DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT" when I got on the scale for my Monday weigh in...anybody have a loss? I will try my luck again next Monday. I hope everyone have a great Tuesday and can get some type of workout in...me too. My quote for the day: "I think what I represent is achieving what you want in life. It's a matter of your attitude. Some people have a negative attitude, and that's their disability." Marla Runyan, legally blind US 1500M Olympic hopeful. Makes you think doesn't it?! Amy IN

it will take some time Amy...but soon the pounds will drop off. I found pounds...DOH! but next week I know will be a better week for me...now that I am home and eating like I am used to eating...all that eating out...can really take a toll on your body....even when I was being careful and eating healthy foods and keeping my portions small...sure the cheesecake I had a Cheesecake Factory didnt help.... Should we maybe start logging our food intake...this would make me more accountable! what do you think?

2009-01-06 9:50 AM
in reply to: #1888869

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Sledge - 2009-01-06 6:30 AM

Good morning everyone!

My day started out pretty shaky.  I planned to ride the trainer before work, but due to "technical difficulties" I had to put that plan aside.  And now I have to take that bike to the shop!  Fortunately it's not my good road bike.    So instead of riding, I did a little core work.

Every Tuesday I try to run with a friend, who is also a certified RRCA coach.  He comes up with the most exquisite torture plans that you can imagine!   I'm supposed to meet him after work today (assuming the front doesn't get here by then), so I'll let you know later what torture he puts me through.

Cheri

hope your day gets better and that you are able to run with your friend. FINGERS CROSSED! and TOES ARE CROSSED that he is not to torturous to you! You must let him know that we will come gang up on him if he gets too tough! have a great day girl!

2009-01-06 9:51 AM
in reply to: #1888901

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-01-06 6:41 AM I did another ride on the rollers, 11+ miles in about 45 minutes.

I guess that means the weather is not cooperating with you again...GOOD JOB NICOLE!

2009-01-06 9:59 AM
in reply to: #1889108

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-06 10:51 AM

MDHillSlug - 2009-01-06 6:41 AM I did another ride on the rollers, 11+ miles in about 45 minutes.

I guess that means the weather is not cooperating with you again...GOOD JOB NICOLE!

Weather is not good today (raining with threat of sleet and freezing rain) but this was a planned indoor ride because I don't like riding in the dark.

2009-01-06 10:37 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2009-01-06 10:59 AM
in reply to: #1889251

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Kurls26 - 2009-01-06 8:37 AM

wow now I want to join a spin class Julie!!!  Sounds like they don't mess around in there! 

And Amy, don't stress about the lbs.  Soon they will be coming off without you even realizing it.  I agree with Julie in regards to ones diet.  I read somewhere that weight loss is 10% exercising and 90% of nutrition!  It sucks!  I wish it was the other way around.  I'd rather work my patooty off and then go home and indulge in something sweet simply because "I just had a good workout"  but I cant!

Good work to all of you getting wortkouts in-rain or shine-or sleet! Im on my way to the gym..its bike day (unfortunately we only have stationary bikes) I am going to look around at any other centers to see if they carry more of a spinning bike!  Have a great day all!

I think you should definitely check out a spin class Monica...Everyone I know gets hooked.

2009-01-06 11:15 AM

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

For thos of you wanting weight loss and struggling, I agree with Julie ! Ya have to log those calories, that is the only way Ii've lost anything. 

A buddy of mine has an awesome spreadsheet that logs/calculates shows graphs etc.  Has a graph one for women and one for men on how much you should intake to keep your weight, or loose it.  I have not lost any weigh as much workout as i have doen until he sent me the spreadsheet.

He asks $20.00 for it and if ayone is interrested, just pm me and I'll get it set up for him to send it to you .

Not trying to bother anyone with buying stuff, I just know this worked for me.......so it's up to all ya'll . Smile

2009-01-06 11:18 AM

Master
somewhere over the rainbow
oh man! i've been gone for a couple days, and i'm finally back! my dearest little youngest son poured a diet coke on the key board a few nights ago, i thought i could wait it out, i thought it would dry, i thought it was all going to be ok, but i was WRONG. my keyboard was toast, so i borrowed an old one from my dad, it's weird, but at least i can turn my computer on again! it STINKS not being able to even turn the stoopid thing on! i coudlnt charge my ipod or anything!

ok all that to say, i'm back, my monday morning weigh in almost made me cry. i'm up 5 pounds, so now instead of wanting to lose 10 pounds to get to 135, i have to lose 15.

i'll be around all day, i was going to get ready to run, but my dh just told me he has to leave early, because he has a meeting, so i guess that's out too. bah.
2009-01-06 12:17 PM

Extreme Veteran
My plans today are, right now I'm working.., and then I'm going for an easy run outside in the rain, then walk my dog - or vice versa....ha
Then I will make dinner for the family, take a shower and relax...which means I will be blogging on BT and FB...and then I think biggest loser is on???? I will have to check.

Well I'm done with lunch...so ta ta for now...catch you on the flip side...

Amy in rainy Indiana
2009-01-06 12:34 PM
in reply to: #1889385

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lyssa-gator - 2009-01-06 9:18 AM oh man! i've been gone for a couple days, and i'm finally back! my dearest little youngest son poured a diet coke on the key board a few nights ago, i thought i could wait it out, i thought it would dry, i thought it was all going to be ok, but i was WRONG. my keyboard was toast, so i borrowed an old one from my dad, it's weird, but at least i can turn my computer on again! it STINKS not being able to even turn the stoopid thing on! i coudlnt charge my ipod or anything! ok all that to say, i'm back, my monday morning weigh in almost made me cry. i'm up 5 pounds, so now instead of wanting to lose 10 pounds to get to 135, i have to lose 15. i'll be around all day, i was going to get ready to run, but my dh just told me he has to leave early, because he has a meeting, so i guess that's out too. bah.

We need to get you a pair of rollers so that you can ride that new bike during the winter. Is there any signs of sunshine in the coming days weather forecast???

2009-01-06 12:48 PM
in reply to: #1889578

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2009-01-06 10:17 AM My plans today are, right now I'm working.., and then I'm going for an easy run outside in the rain, then walk my dog - or vice versa....ha Then I will make dinner for the family, take a shower and relax...which means I will be blogging on BT and FB...and then I think biggest loser is on???? I will have to check. Well I'm done with lunch...so ta ta for now...catch you on the flip side... Amy in rainy Indiana

is it raining everywhere? I wanted to ride and the weather here is not cooperating! I think I wished all the sun toward Lyssa and forgot to keep some here! so, off for another swim today! I think I am growing gills or maybe that is just moss.

Hoping to hear from everyone...sure do seem like we have a few MIA teammates.

Happy to announce that I heard from Scot who joined us and he is trying to catch up on his reading we will be hearing more from him.

I tried to add everyone to the chart this morning and it is not letting me do it. I may have to start from square one and do the whole thing over again. Sorry Nicole and Debbie...they are the two that are not on there.

One thing I would like to see is that you take all your teammates names and place them in your friends column. If you do not know how...let me know and I will help you. Then after you place them there...please please PLEASE go and visit each other and encourage each other by inspiring them and leaving encouraging messages.

I will try and visit each and everyone of your logs at least twice a week. I hope to see lots of peach on your calendars and lots of logging of what you are doing each day.

Now I hope that you will go and motivate those who are needing it...and congratulate those who are doing well.

TRAIN WELL EVERYONE...and start logging...dont make me sick Dee on you with her taser!

2009-01-06 12:51 PM

Expert
Hawaii

Hi all!

Looks like everyone's been busy over the past couple of days.  I saw a biggest loser reference, and had to comment that I love that show...and hope that it's a little less catty this season!

2009-01-06 12:57 PM
in reply to: #1887217

Expert
Shalimar, FL
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 1:44 PM
MDHillSlug - 2009-01-05 11:23 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 1:48 PM

MDHillSlug - 2009-01-05 10:23 AM I can't do Facebook on my work computer, but I can through my iPhone!

you gotta love those iphones!

on a different subject...what year/model bike do you ride Nicole? I am thinking of buying my dd a tri bike before her IM cozumel race and just wondering do you ride tri or road?

I ride a road bike. It's a 2005 Specialized Allez Comp that I bought as a frame and built up with Ultegra components. It's nothing special but it's a step up from the Specialized Sequoia I used during my first season of tri. There's a picture of it in my photo album, although it now has a new saddle and clip-on aerobars.

If dd is gonna do an IM, a tri bike would be great, assuming that the course isn't all climbing and assuming she'll have ample time to get used to it. Can I be your daughter, too?

That is a great looking bike... and from my past races and seeing some really amazing bikes out there. I know for a fact that is not the bike that makes you fast...but instead it is the piston! and when I speak of piston..that would be you. can I just say that I am glad that I will not have to ever race against you!

not sure about the IMCozumel course. have to go and see what the course is like.

do you like your clip on aerobars? I seem to ride a lot in the crouched position and wondering if I should give them a tri try.

Aero bars made a big difference for me!  I don't know all of the physiology (is that a real word?) of it, but the first thing it did was reduce my heart rate, thereby helping endurance.  The second thing is that you are in a different position, and it just seems that you can use your legs more effectively.  Since my legs are the strongest part of me, that's a good thing.

2009-01-06 1:17 PM
in reply to: #1889711

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Sledge - 2009-01-06 10:57 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 1:44 PM
MDHillSlug - 2009-01-05 11:23 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-01-05 1:48 PM

MDHillSlug - 2009-01-05 10:23 AM I can't do Facebook on my work computer, but I can through my iPhone!

you gotta love those iphones!

on a different subject...what year/model bike do you ride Nicole? I am thinking of buying my dd a tri bike before her IM cozumel race and just wondering do you ride tri or road?

I ride a road bike. It's a 2005 Specialized Allez Comp that I bought as a frame and built up with Ultegra components. It's nothing special but it's a step up from the Specialized Sequoia I used during my first season of tri. There's a picture of it in my photo album, although it now has a new saddle and clip-on aerobars.

If dd is gonna do an IM, a tri bike would be great, assuming that the course isn't all climbing and assuming she'll have ample time to get used to it. Can I be your daughter, too?

That is a great looking bike... and from my past races and seeing some really amazing bikes out there. I know for a fact that is not the bike that makes you fast...but instead it is the piston! and when I speak of piston..that would be you. can I just say that I am glad that I will not have to ever race against you!

not sure about the IMCozumel course. have to go and see what the course is like.

do you like your clip on aerobars? I seem to ride a lot in the crouched position and wondering if I should give them a tri try.

Aero bars made a big difference for me!  I don't know all of the physiology (is that a real word?) of it, but the first thing it did was reduce my heart rate, thereby helping endurance.  The second thing is that you are in a different position, and it just seems that you can use your legs more effectively.  Since my legs are the strongest part of me, that's a good thing.

are there lots of brands of aerobars? what do you use Cheri and Nicole?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168