BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2011-02-19 2:47 PM
in reply to: #3362465

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed
trigal38 - 2011-02-18 7:39 AM
Andr3w - 2011-02-18 3:00 PM
trigal38 - 2011-02-16 9:40 AM Good work everyone! I'm impressed!

We finally got a warm day today - high of 68 degrees. I got to run in shorts!

Was a warm day for me as well on Thursday. Had lots planned, but woke up with food poisoning Thursday morning and still recouping today. Two perfect days missed :/ 

That's awful! How did you get food poisoning? Hope you are better soon!

They served some old macaroni salad at the dining facility. This is why I try my best to stick with sandwiches. It's pretty warm outside here, but were getting about 27-28mph winds. Still not fully ready to get back into training and have lost about 4-5 pounds since I got my food poisoning. 

2011-02-19 4:28 PM
in reply to: #3256935

User image

Bronze member
You need your Momma to send you a care package with some homemade cookies I think I hate riding in the wind. Don't really care for running in it either but I can hide from it on a trail somewhere.

I had a nice ride today with a good friend. Took out my tri bike. My first ride on it with anyone else. Usually I can barely keep up with her. Today it felt really easy. I think she was riding easy too though. Time went so fast riding with someone else. I am really enjoying my tri bike! Hard to find anything concrete that says - Yes I'm faster than before. I feel faster and my legs are not as tired when I'm finished. I know I have a lot more hours in the saddle to put into it but I sure am having fun riding!
2011-02-20 9:28 AM
in reply to: #3363303

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
enjoy those days when the riding feels easy.

I had one today. did a nice 28km route and felt fresh at end. some big hills to begin with but flat and fast in mid sectio

Im heading off for 5 days of R and R in Egypt from monday. Will still be looking to keep training up.

Sufferring from severe outer foot pain in my left after doing the 10km run the other day. Looking to stay off it as much as possible and max the swimming and stationary bike while away

Edited by MAC36 2011-02-20 9:32 AM
2011-02-20 12:24 PM
in reply to: #3362188

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Andr3w - 2011-02-18 4:00 PM
trigal38 - 2011-02-16 9:40 AM Good work everyone! I'm impressed!

We finally got a warm day today - high of 68 degrees. I got to run in shorts!

Was a warm day for me as well on Thursday. Had lots planned, but woke up with food poisoning Thursday morning and still recouping today. Two perfect days missed :/ 

dude thats terrible! I HATE food poisoning... worst a person can ever feel

Get rested up and drink a ton of water
2011-02-20 7:01 PM

Regular
Had my first race EVER today! It was a blast... I finished just above my goal that I had set: 20mph average for 20 miles... But, there were 20-30mph winds the entire time, so a 19.51 average isn't too bad I don't think. Been a while since I've posted-- Hope everyone is doing well!  I can't wait to get some clip on aero bars, from what I hear, it'll add about 1-2mph onto averages which will be pretty sweet.
2011-02-21 7:09 AM
in reply to: #3364376

User image

Bronze member
acgibby - 2011-02-20 7:01 PM Had my first race EVER today! It was a blast... I finished just above my goal that I had set: 20mph average for 20 miles... But, there were 20-30mph winds the entire time, so a 19.51 average isn't too bad I don't think. Been a while since I've posted-- Hope everyone is doing well!  I can't wait to get some clip on aero bars, from what I hear, it'll add about 1-2mph onto averages which will be pretty sweet.

WOW! Great job! I was happy to hit 20 mph for a little six mile loop on my tri bike yesterday! You must be a natural

I'm having shoe trouble. I hate shoe trouble. It takes me an hour and half to get to a decent running store so it is really a pain in the rear to buy shoes, not like them, take them back, try again. Hope I can find something today.

2011-02-21 9:55 AM
in reply to: #3364376

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
acgibby - 2011-02-20 8:01 PM Had my first race EVER today! It was a blast... I finished just above my goal that I had set: 20mph average for 20 miles... But, there were 20-30mph winds the entire time, so a 19.51 average isn't too bad I don't think. Been a while since I've posted-- Hope everyone is doing well!  I can't wait to get some clip on aero bars, from what I hear, it'll add about 1-2mph onto averages which will be pretty sweet.

Awesome! Can't wait for the Race Report (hint: hint)

Sounds like you were flying! Especially through that kind of wind.
2011-02-22 6:46 AM

User image

Bronze member
Is it ok if I skip my rest day? I am following the BT beginner 1/2 IM plan. It has a scheduled rest day every week. Last week I had some issues and ended up swimming on my rest day. I felt fine for my workout the rest of the week. Today I have a nasty blister on my foot (from running on a wet trail last week ). I'm also teaching 2 very active classes for toddlers which is like adding 2 more workouts into my day! My training schedule says swim and a 30 min run. I would rather just give this blister a little more time to heal and move my run to my rest day. It's only 30 min - and I don't have anything else to do that day (no teaching I mean).
I don't think a 30 min run is a big deal on a day when I'm not doing anything else but I don't like messing with the schedule very much.
2011-02-22 10:02 AM
in reply to: #3366387

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
trigal38 - 2011-02-22 7:46 AM Is it ok if I skip my rest day? I am following the BT beginner 1/2 IM plan. It has a scheduled rest day every week. Last week I had some issues and ended up swimming on my rest day. I felt fine for my workout the rest of the week. Today I have a nasty blister on my foot (from running on a wet trail last week ). I'm also teaching 2 very active classes for toddlers which is like adding 2 more workouts into my day! My training schedule says swim and a 30 min run. I would rather just give this blister a little more time to heal and move my run to my rest day. It's only 30 min - and I don't have anything else to do that day (no teaching I mean).
I don't think a 30 min run is a big deal on a day when I'm not doing anything else but I don't like messing with the schedule very much.

I'd say it should be fine to run on your day off as long as you aren't planning on doing sprints or something like that. What does your workout look like on Thursday?
2011-02-22 10:03 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
So I hit a Sub 1:20 / 100m today!!!

That's a first for me. Even got a 1:15! Look out middle school swim teams
2011-02-22 10:30 AM
in reply to: #3366849

User image

South Florida
Leegoocrap - 2011-02-22 11:03 AM So I hit a Sub 1:20 / 100m today!!!

That's a first for me. Even got a 1:15! Look out middle school swim teams

Sweeet! Keep going strong!

2011-02-22 10:36 AM

User image

South Florida
Hey gang! I really wish the days were longer. Life right now has me being pulled in 15 different directions. Between work being crazy busy, the wedding being 39 days away, and squeezing in my training, I am ready for the honeymoon.  Luckily, im putting in some quality training when i am able to squeez it in. So i should be successful at my race in April.

I'm still going strong in my Newtons. No problems and bringing my pace lower and lower.
2011-02-22 10:43 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Hey Gang,Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days; between sickness and muscle aches/pains from work training, I've been a mess.Did manage to get back to gym yesterday, felt pretty good in the pool and strength training went OK, too. Hope everyone is well.
2011-02-22 2:32 PM
in reply to: #3366848

User image

Bronze member
Leegoocrap - 2011-02-22 10:02 AM
trigal38 - 2011-02-22 7:46 AM Is it ok if I skip my rest day? I am following the BT beginner 1/2 IM plan. It has a scheduled rest day every week. Last week I had some issues and ended up swimming on my rest day. I felt fine for my workout the rest of the week. Today I have a nasty blister on my foot (from running on a wet trail last week ). I'm also teaching 2 very active classes for toddlers which is like adding 2 more workouts into my day! My training schedule says swim and a 30 min run. I would rather just give this blister a little more time to heal and move my run to my rest day. It's only 30 min - and I don't have anything else to do that day (no teaching I mean).

I'd say it should be fine to run on your day off as long as you aren't planning on doing sprints or something like that. What does your workout look like on Thursday?

Thursday is a difficult workout day. I'm planning on a 45 min bike ride in the morning and then swim class in the evening. Not sure I'm ready to face my swim coach. I've missed most of this month and he's going to make me pay I'm sure. The bike will not be anything hard. My "long ride" will be Saturday but that is only at an hour and a half right now. I'm on week 4 of the 1/2 IM plan so most of the workouts have been at an easy pace. Except last week I didn't listen very well. Blame it on the warm weather.

1:15 for 100 is excellent! I'm impressed. Now I'm going to have to kick it into gear but I don't think I can keep up with that!
2011-02-23 8:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
I'm baaaaack! Been a bit MIA again, as I haven't had a lot of motivation to get out there and train, but I did a short brick this morning (1hr of spin and a 1k run off). Felt great, so I'll be more active here again, now that I have my mojo back! Just over a month till my 30k :S
2011-02-23 2:43 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
Hey all. I cant tell you how nice it is to get some sun and warm weather for the first time in months. Weather out here in Egypt is a beautiful 82 degrees. The Hotel has a huge pool that i have estimated is around 50 metres at is widest, going on my swim time. First time I have been able to train in such a long expanse of water.

Biggest problem is that its salt water which takes a bit of getting used to and tastes yuck!!
Have identified immediately that stepping up to an expanse of water where you dont have the benefit of bottom markings i am severly drifting to the right as clearly my pull is strongest that way.

Any siuggestions on how to combat this. Its also allowed me to practise my sighting but finding this difficult to.

well 3 more days of sun then back to cold wet England

2011-02-23 6:52 PM
in reply to: #3367391

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
trigal38 - 2011-02-22 3:32 PM

Thursday is a difficult workout day. I'm planning on a 45 min bike ride in the morning and then swim class in the evening. Not sure I'm ready to face my swim coach. I've missed most of this month and he's going to make me pay I'm sure. The bike will not be anything hard. My "long ride" will be Saturday but that is only at an hour and a half right now. I'm on week 4 of the 1/2 IM plan so most of the workouts have been at an easy pace. Except last week I didn't listen very well. Blame it on the warm weather.

1:15 for 100 is excellent! I'm impressed. Now I'm going to have to kick it into gear but I don't think I can keep up with that!

You should be fine When the coach makes it terrible it's really a good thing (Or so I've been convinced haha) It's easy to get a bit "into it" and push the paces Sometimes that's a good thing too!

I think the people in the lanes beside me were laughing when i finished that 100, I must have looked like death had just emerged from the depths!
2011-02-24 6:36 AM
in reply to: #3369522

User image

Bronze member
Leegoocrap - 2011-02-23 6:52 PM
trigal38 - 2011-02-22 3:32 PM

You should be fine When the coach makes it terrible it's really a good thing (Or so I've been convinced haha) It's easy to get a bit "into it" and push the paces Sometimes that's a good thing too!

I think the people in the lanes beside me were laughing when i finished that 100, I must have looked like death had just emerged from the depths!

HA, that had to hurt! You probably scared them.  When I swam that 1:19 a while back I ripped my goggles off my face and threw them down like I never wanted to see them again. I've had people tell me they were afraid to say hi to me because I look too "serious" in the pool. Cracks me up since I don't really consider myself to be intimidating. I'm just trying my best that's all!
2011-02-24 6:46 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Hope everyone is doing well and training hard.  It's been a tough two weeks to get my schedule down.  Boss out of town and everything seems to be going wrong.  Hopefully today is better.

Still recovering from my 10 miler on Sat.  Foot is bothering me some, but plan to run with my lunch group today.  Should help shake out the cobwebs.  Also plan to swim this evening.  Woo hoo back to the pool.

Keep on pluggin along.

2011-02-24 8:08 AM

User image

South Florida
Happy Thursday, Everyone. Its almost the weekend. I'm faced with a tough decision. THe Marine Corps Marathon registration is open right now, and will probably only last until tomorrow. I would love to do it again, but It's the weekend after the IM i wanted to do. MY one friend is trying to get me to do both but i really dont think its safe at all. So i'll probably do the IM then do the HIM a month later. (Both the IM & HIM are local) Am i crazy?

I got my usual 10K run planned for tonight. Along the beach that is :-)
2011-02-24 12:00 PM
in reply to: #3370075

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
nvalaitis - 2011-02-24 7:08 AM Happy Thursday, Everyone. Its almost the weekend. I'm faced with a tough decision. THe Marine Corps Marathon registration is open right now, and will probably only last until tomorrow. I would love to do it again, but It's the weekend after the IM i wanted to do. MY one friend is trying to get me to do both but i really dont think its safe at all. So i'll probably do the IM then do the HIM a month later. (Both the IM & HIM are local) Am i crazy?

Just to confirm your suspicions: Yes, yes you are crazy. If you feel fine though, I would guess it's okay.

I ran for the first time in nearly 9 weeks last night. It may have only been for 7 minutes before returning to a walk, but I did it and my knee feels fine today. Woo hoo!!

2011-02-25 11:14 AM
in reply to: #3369950

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
velocomp - 2011-02-24 7:46 AM

Hope everyone is doing well and training hard.  It's been a tough two weeks to get my schedule down.  Boss out of town and everything seems to be going wrong.  Hopefully today is better.

Still recovering from my 10 miler on Sat.  Foot is bothering me some, but plan to run with my lunch group today.  Should help shake out the cobwebs.  Also plan to swim this evening.  Woo hoo back to the pool.

Keep on pluggin along.

Foot pain is the worst Keep an eye on it and don't push it too hard.
Gotta love getting back in the water!
2011-02-25 11:17 AM
in reply to: #3370075

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
nvalaitis - 2011-02-24 9:08 AM Happy Thursday, Everyone. Its almost the weekend. I'm faced with a tough decision. THe Marine Corps Marathon registration is open right now, and will probably only last until tomorrow. I would love to do it again, but It's the weekend after the IM i wanted to do. MY one friend is trying to get me to do both but i really dont think its safe at all. So i'll probably do the IM then do the HIM a month later. (Both the IM & HIM are local) Am i crazy?

First IM?

There is absolutely NO way I could have ran any distance a week after my first IM. I didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and lick my wounds.

Even the HIM a month later I'd leave in the back of my mind. It takes some serious time to recover from 140.6 miles, especially if you are "racing" it.

Definitely not saying it can't be done though
2011-02-25 11:18 AM
in reply to: #3370619

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
MechEChick - 2011-02-24 1:00 PM

I ran for the first time in nearly 9 weeks last night. It may have only been for 7 minutes before returning to a walk, but I did it and my knee feels fine today. Woo hoo!!

Cheers! Take it easy but keep at it. Sounds like it's healing well.
2011-02-25 2:14 PM
in reply to: #3372397

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Leegoocrap - 2011-02-25 10:14 AM
velocomp - 2011-02-24 7:46 AM

Keep on pluggin along.

Foot pain is the worst Keep an eye on it and don't push it too hard.
Gotta love getting back in the water!

Thanks for the warning.  But sure enough, it felt great to run.  We did a hard 4, high intensity.  It was good.  About 1 mile in, my feet felt good.   Next, 8-10 on Sat.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22