Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2013-11-12 8:59 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Robin, I almost needed a place to stay in NC. I almost have talked Donnie into getting a third dog. Milo does not have the stamina to go hiking with me, and Wynn comes up limping anytime she runs, or walks too far, so I can't take her on the trail. We have vet's appointments for both on Thursday for shots, and to look at Wynn's shoulder. If the vet determines that she will not be able to hike again then he agreed to another dog. I like having a dog on the trail with me, since I'm usually a woman hiking alone in the middle of nowhere. He agreed, too, that having a loyal companion would be safer. There was a 2 year old German Shepherd at a shelter in Raleigh that needed a home. I almost went down to get her.

2013-11-12 9:00 AM

User image

Champion

Dog-gone TopPage!

2013-11-12 9:02 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Elite
washington state

Good morning Ghoulies.

My cold is much better.  I was actually able to work yesterday with no trouble and no cancellations.  I haven't tried running yet.  I think this afternoon.

Cheesecake sounds good to me too!  Chocolate wine sounds ....  odd.  But I don't mind trying new foods!

2013-11-12 9:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Robin, I almost needed a place to stay in NC. I almost have talked Donnie into getting a third dog. Milo does not have the stamina to go hiking with me, and Wynn comes up limping anytime she runs, or walks too far, so I can't take her on the trail. We have vet's appointments for both on Thursday for shots, and to look at Wynn's shoulder. If the vet determines that she will not be able to hike again then he agreed to another dog. I like having a dog on the trail with me, since I'm usually a woman hiking alone in the middle of nowhere. He agreed, too, that having a loyal companion would be safer. There was a 2 year old German Shepherd at a shelter in Raleigh that needed a home. I almost went down to get her.

I have good friends in Raleigh area who would be happy to have a dog-rescuer (and the dog) stay with them.

It is great how safe it feels to hike with a large dog. Not to mention the company they give without complaint, whining or undo chatter

Edited by ceilidh 2013-11-12 9:09 AM
2013-11-12 9:07 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by deehtz

Good morning Ghoulies.

My cold is much better.  I was actually able to work yesterday with no trouble and no cancellations.  I haven't tried running yet.  I think this afternoon.

Cheesecake sounds good to me too!  Chocolate wine sounds ....  odd.  But I don't mind trying new foods!

SO glad you are feeling better.

Do

NOT

do

too much

too soon!

2013-11-12 9:10 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies.

Glad you are feeling better, Dee.

The chocolate wine is ok if you drink it alone, it is much better with cheesecake. The winery recommends you drink it with either cheesecake, or cashews. I didn't care for the cashews with it, so I prefer the cheesecake.

2013-11-12 9:12 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ceilidh

I have good friends in Raleigh area who would be happy to have a dog-rescuer (and the dog) stay with them.

It is great how safe it feels to hike with a large dog. Not to mention the company they give without complaint, whining or undo chatter

When I used to hike with my no longer friends people, they had GSD's and would always go along when we'd hike. Wynn would go with me then, too. I loved having dogs along. I've taken Milo on a few short hikes, 2 miles tops. I need a dog that can go 5-10 miles though.

2013-11-12 10:03 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

When I used to hike with my no longer friends people, they had GSD's and would always go along when we'd hike. Wynn would go with me then, too. I loved having dogs along. I've taken Milo on a few short hikes, 2 miles tops. I need a dog that can go 5-10 miles though.

GSDs are great.  Hanna is a very good running partner.

2013-11-12 10:13 AM

User image

Champion

I LOVE GSDs!!! I'm not sure where I'll put another dog bed, but I'd figure it out. Right now I have 3 dog beds for 2 dogs. The only time it is really a problem is when we put up our Christmas tree. I get a BIG tree.

I don't remember if I told you, but we took Milo's crate out of the living room last weekend. He now sleeps on a twin mattress. I even bought him flannel sheets for it. I put a body pillow between the mattress and the wall on the long side, and a regular pillow that I didn't like on the short side. Gives him some padding, and keeps him from lying against the wall so the wall doesn't get dirty. I use the pillow case for the regular pillow, and strategically wrap the body pillow in the flat sheet. That way it all looks nice. I'm going to pick up a second set of flannel sheets this weekend so I can wash the ones on it now. There is room for him and Wynn.

2013-11-12 11:34 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I LOVE GSDs!!! I'm not sure where I'll put another dog bed, but I'd figure it out. Right now I have 3 dog beds for 2 dogs. The only time it is really a problem is when we put up our Christmas tree. I get a BIG tree.

I don't remember if I told you, but we took Milo's crate out of the living room last weekend. He now sleeps on a twin mattress. I even bought him flannel sheets for it. I put a body pillow between the mattress and the wall on the long side, and a regular pillow that I didn't like on the short side. Gives him some padding, and keeps him from lying against the wall so the wall doesn't get dirty. I use the pillow case for the regular pillow, and strategically wrap the body pillow in the flat sheet. That way it all looks nice. I'm going to pick up a second set of flannel sheets this weekend so I can wash the ones on it now. There is room for him and Wynn.

Photos please!

2013-11-12 1:09 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Photos please!

Yes, photos please.

2013-11-12 2:00 PM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Champion
Bronze member

The day turned on me, just as predicted. Gray skies and high winds (I just saw the meter register a 38 mph gust!). they say the white stuff is coming over the mountain soon.

poop

2013-11-13 5:10 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

I am tired. We went out last night. The Harlem Wizards were at the high school for a basketball game. It was a fun evening. We told the kiddos before the game that they will see stuff that they can't do in their games, that this was just all for fun. The gym was packed. There was lots of laughing and cheering. It was good to get out of the house for an evening.

We got home around 9:00. I know that doesn't sound late, but when you're normally climbing into bed at that time it is. By the time I got the kiddos in bed, and my clothes ready for today it was way past my bedtime. Then when I did crawl under the covers Milo decided it would be a good time to come back and lie on the floor and chew on a bone. Thanks big guy.

I foresee a nap in my future.

2013-11-13 8:28 AM

User image

Champion

Update on Donnie and the new job thing

Donnie was called into his boss' office yesterday. He was told that the job paid 9-10k less than what he is making now, and he would basically just be a gopher for the network team. He was asked if he was still interested. He pointed out that if they replaced him they would be doing so at a salary less than what the network job paid, so couldn't he keep his current salary at least. They said no. He asked if he would ever get more responsibilities, and was told probably not at this position. He said he wasn't interested.

He is disappointed. The job they advertised was more than just a gopher, but that's all they want, and knowing that department he was concerned about it. For what they want, and what they are willing to pay, they're not going to get anyone good. You get what you pay for.

2013-11-13 11:13 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Update on Donnie and the new job thing

Donnie was called into his boss' office yesterday. He was told that the job paid 9-10k less than what he is making now, and he would basically just be a gopher for the network team. He was asked if he was still interested. He pointed out that if they replaced him they would be doing so at a salary less than what the network job paid, so couldn't he keep his current salary at least. They said no. He asked if he would ever get more responsibilities, and was told probably not at this position. He said he wasn't interested.

He is disappointed. The job they advertised was more than just a gopher, but that's all they want, and knowing that department he was concerned about it. For what they want, and what they are willing to pay, they're not going to get anyone good. You get what you pay for.

That is a bummer.  So sorry to hear.  

2013-11-13 11:16 AM

User image

MotoQueen

The day turned on me, just as predicted. Gray skies and high winds (I just saw the meter register a 38 mph gust!). they say the white stuff is coming over the mountain soon.

poop

And...did you get snow yesterday/last night?

It got really cold here, but no precipitation.  

We were worried about ice as on Saturday the water line to our neighbors busted and the water company has not come out to fix yet.  There is a steady bubbling of water out of the ground with a small stream now running down the curb in front of our property, and a small steady stream down our driveway.  But luckily, it either was not cold enough, or the water temp is higher than the air temp so it did not freeze.  Steam coming off of the water though.  I am hoping that when I get home tonight the water company will have finally come out and done something.  Glad we aren't in a drought. 

2013-11-13 2:54 PM

User image

Champion

Here is Keri on the podcast. It's something like 13 minutes long, but he only asks her 2 questions. She is the second one in on the right, purple shirt with the white vest.

http://bermudian.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208&Itemid=269

2013-11-13 3:19 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Here is Keri on the podcast. It's something like 13 minutes long, but he only asks her 2 questions. She is the second one in on the right, purple shirt with the white vest.

http://bermudian.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208&Itemid=269

Keri did a great job.  

2013-11-14 5:49 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Went to bed a little later than normal last night. I'm on call this week, got a call at 12:50, never really got back to sleep. I am SOOOOOO tired right now. I have such a headache. I'm on the run all day today, too. I'm leaving here a little early to get to the school to watch Keri run the turkey trot. The kiddos could volunteer to run the 1 mile course they've run in gym a couple of times. The winner gets a turkey, 2nd gets a chicken, 3rd gets a dollar, top 10 get ribbons. It's broken down to 5/6th grade girls, then 5/6th grade boys, then 7/8 grade boys and girls. Caleb is going to be a course official. I don't know what the 6th grade competition will be like, but I know Keri is one of the fastest in the 5th grade. I hope she at least gets a ribbon.

After that she will go down to the elementary school to volunteer. She signed up to be a Peer Tutor, that's where middle school kids go down and volunteer for elementary school teachers at the end of the day. I'll have to pick her up at the ES once a week because the bus is full so she can't ride home. When we get home we have to grab the dogs and go to the vets. Then when we get home it's have a quick bite to eat, and she's off to basketball. I was going to take her tonight but I'm hoping I can get Donnie to do it.

2013-11-14 6:13 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by kns57

Keri did a great job.  

Thanks. She signed up for the reconnect program at the beginning of the school year. I was teasing her and said so you were in school for 3 days and saw bad things? She looked at me and said YES. She said kids were mean on the bus, there were boys misbehaving in the hallways, and she didn't like it. You go girl!

2013-11-14 7:29 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Went to bed a little later than normal last night. I'm on call this week, got a call at 12:50, never really got back to sleep. I am SOOOOOO tired right now. I have such a headache. I'm on the run all day today, too. I'm leaving here a little early to get to the school to watch Keri run the turkey trot. The kiddos could volunteer to run the 1 mile course they've run in gym a couple of times. The winner gets a turkey, 2nd gets a chicken, 3rd gets a dollar, top 10 get ribbons. It's broken down to 5/6th grade girls, then 5/6th grade boys, then 7/8 grade boys and girls. Caleb is going to be a course official. I don't know what the 6th grade competition will be like, but I know Keri is one of the fastest in the 5th grade. I hope she at least gets a ribbon.

After that she will go down to the elementary school to volunteer. She signed up to be a Peer Tutor, that's where middle school kids go down and volunteer for elementary school teachers at the end of the day. I'll have to pick her up at the ES once a week because the bus is full so she can't ride home. When we get home we have to grab the dogs and go to the vets. Then when we get home it's have a quick bite to eat, and she's off to basketball. I was going to take her tonight but I'm hoping I can get Donnie to do it.

Keri is one very busy young lady.  And I like the way she takes responsibility for things (like reconnect and peer tutor) rather than sit back thinking that someone else will do it.  You can be really proud of both of your kiddos.

2013-11-14 7:37 AM

User image

MotoQueen

My office is cold this morning.  It was 26 degrees when I drove into work.  I'm hoping to get a walk in during lunch.  Tonight when I get home I need to make a cheesecake, pack for the weekend, and ride the trainer for an hour.  

2013-11-14 7:49 AM

User image

Champion

My office is cold this morning.  It was 26 degrees when I drove into work.  I'm hoping to get a walk in during lunch.  Tonight when I get home I need to make a cheesecake, pack for the weekend, and ride the trainer for an hour.  

26 degrees? I didn't realize you were in PA!

2013-11-14 7:52 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Keri is one very busy young lady.  And I like the way she takes responsibility for things (like reconnect and peer tutor) rather than sit back thinking that someone else will do it.  You can be really proud of both of your kiddos.

Yeah... they are good kiddos.

2013-11-14 9:04 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies!

I ran yesterday. First I have done since getting the cold over the weekend.  It felt really good to be outside running around the lake.  My sinuses have been a little touchy since running but hopefully will settle down.  Plan to swim this afternoon.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24900 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 52158 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65072 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 68938 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 80564 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.