Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2013-11-14 9:22 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Originally posted by deehtz

Good Morning Ghoulies!

I ran yesterday. First I have done since getting the cold over the weekend.  It felt really good to be outside running around the lake.  My sinuses have been a little touchy since running but hopefully will settle down.  Plan to swim this afternoon.

What's the weather like there? Did you get hit with the arctic blast that we had here on the east?

2013-11-14 9:23 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Originally posted by kns57

Here is Keri on the podcast. It's something like 13 minutes long, but he only asks her 2 questions. She is the second one in on the right, purple shirt with the white vest.

http://bermudian.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208&Itemid=269

Keri did a great job.  

Thanks. She signed up for the reconnect program at the beginning of the school year. I was teasing her and said so you were in school for 3 days and saw bad things? She looked at me and said YES. She said kids were mean on the bus, there were boys misbehaving in the hallways, and she didn't like it. You go girl!

What a great  kid  person!  You must be so proud of her and Caleb too.

2013-11-14 9:25 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies!

I ran yesterday. First I have done since getting the cold over the weekend.  It felt really good to be outside running around the lake.  My sinuses have been a little touchy since running but hopefully will settle down.  Plan to swim this afternoon.

What's the weather like there? Did you get hit with the arctic blast that we had here on the east?

Actually no.  We are having a pretty nice spell.  Cloudy with showers, but lots of sun breaks and up in the 50s during the day.  Fantastic for November!

2013-11-14 9:28 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by ceilidh

The day turned on me, just as predicted. Gray skies and high winds (I just saw the meter register a 38 mph gust!). they say the white stuff is coming over the mountain soon.

poop

And...did you get snow yesterday/last night?

It got really cold here, but no precipitation.  

We were worried about ice as on Saturday the water line to our neighbors busted and the water company has not come out to fix yet.  There is a steady bubbling of water out of the ground with a small stream now running down the curb in front of our property, and a small steady stream down our driveway.  But luckily, it either was not cold enough, or the water temp is higher than the air temp so it did not freeze.  Steam coming off of the water though.  I am hoping that when I get home tonight the water company will have finally come out and done something.  Glad we aren't in a drought. 

That seems a long time before coming out to stop the water! 

Good luck with your walking competition!  Since you are way over the minimum I hope you win a prize.  When will you find out?

2013-11-14 11:40 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Howdy Ghoulies.

Ann- I've said it before, but I'll say it again- your kids are great. Good job!

I hope you get a nap in sometiime.

Kendra- Happy cheesecake making! Have a nice time in the mountains this weekend. 

Dee- nice run. Enjoy your swim. I am glad you are feeling better!

I am off- getting things done before tomorrow's surgery.

I'll pop in sometime over the weekend.

2013-11-15 5:51 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Good morning Ghoulies!Sending juju to Robin this morning!!!

2013-11-15 6:37 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Robin - sending JuJu (thoughts and prayers) for today's surgery.  

2013-11-15 6:40 AM

User image

MotoQueen

I hope everyone has a good weekend planned.  I'll be NC with family, some I enjoy, some Hmmmmm!  Anyway, I will make sure that I have a good time.  I was hoping for a hike at some point, but the weather may not be cooperating. 

Dee - great job on the run.  Glad you are getting decent weather.  We are cold here.  And looks like rain for the weekend.

Ann - I'm sure you have a busy weekend planned with the kiddos.

2013-11-15 6:45 AM

User image

MotoQueen

The water situation - hubby called the county yesterday and they sent someone out to evaluate the issue again.  It has been bumped up from a priority two to a one.  They called him back and told him that someone would be out in the morning to start digging.  Now my neighbors and us will be gone all weekend, so here's hoping that when we come home on Sunday we find that the water is gone.

When he called the county he complained about the fact that the ground under the driveway is now saturated with water and it is coming down our driveway in a 10 foot wide stream, and it is about 4 feet wide in the gutter.  We have to stand in the water to get our mail.  Can't stand on the curb because it is literally bubbling out of the ground right at the mailbox and streaming over the curb into the street and driveway.  

So keep your fingers crossed that on Sunday I come home to find the babbling brook is gone.  (Yes, you can stand in the garage, with the door shut and hear it as it comes down the driveway and goes into the drain we installed 25 years ago to deal with rain water.  LOL

2013-11-15 7:19 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

thanks for the ju-ju all! I am setting off in just a bit.

Kendra. Dang, hope the water is gone by the time you get home. Enjoy NC this weekend. I hate that I am missing you.

Ann and Dee- Have wonderful Friday's and the rest of the weekend!

2013-11-18 6:07 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2013-11-18 7:23 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies.

I am in between waking up and my first nap of the day. The foot hurts way more than I had planned. I knew it had the possibility of this, but I was hoping. Oh well, today it is supposed to be close to 70 degrees out, but windy. When it warms up, I am taking my book outside and sitting for a while. Hope everyone had good weekends and started this week with having good mornings.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

2013-11-18 7:28 AM

User image

MotoQueen

The day turned on me, just as predicted. Gray skies and high winds (I just saw the meter register a 38 mph gust!). they say the white stuff is coming over the mountain soon.

poop

And...did you get snow yesterday/last night?

It got really cold here, but no precipitation.  

We were worried about ice as on Saturday the water line to our neighbors busted and the water company has not come out to fix yet.  There is a steady bubbling of water out of the ground with a small stream now running down the curb in front of our property, and a small steady stream down our driveway.  But luckily, it either was not cold enough, or the water temp is higher than the air temp so it did not freeze.  Steam coming off of the water though.  I am hoping that when I get home tonight the water company will have finally come out and done something.  Glad we aren't in a drought. 

That seems a long time before coming out to stop the water! 

Good luck with your walking competition!  Since you are way over the minimum I hope you win a prize.  When will you find out?

From the email this morning, it looks like we should find out next weeks sometime who won.  I know there are a lot of people in the challenge, but keeping my fingers crossed.  It was a good challenge to get me moving again.  And now with getting back involved with the challenges on BT I hope to keep the activity level up. 

2013-11-18 7:32 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Morning Ghoulies.

I am in between waking up and my first nap of the day. The foot hurts way more than I had planned. I knew it had the possibility of this, but I was hoping. Oh well, today it is supposed to be close to 70 degrees out, but windy. When it warms up, I am taking my book outside and sitting for a while. Hope everyone had good weekends and started this week with having good mornings.

Robin, sorry to hear that you are hurting.  The important thing is to rest and heal.  Take this forced time of inactivity to mentally rest.

Thanksgiving, we are flying out to Texas to visit the daughter and family.  Since they are not going to make it out here for xmas and we aren't going there, we are going to put up their tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving and then have a small xmas celebration so that we can see the kids open their presents.  I've been busy trying to get all of their gift buying done.  Just about there.  Need to order books for the older boys and a aim and shoot toy for the younger one.  Also need something for the SIL.  He is hard to buy for and I don't always want to give him a iTunes card. 

2013-11-18 7:45 AM

User image

MotoQueen

We had a great weekend in NC.

Stayed in Swannanoa with my older sister.  We don't always get along, so I made the decision to stay with her on purpose.  I believe that the weekend went really well and hopefully she and I are on our way to a better relationship. I'm not expecting her to become "friends" but at least let's be cordial and get along for the rest of the family.  This was a good move towards that.

Dad is doing okay, but the girlfriend has gone back to Oregon, so who knows what his mood is going to be like.  My Brother-in-law really has patience and he is basically the main caregiver as my sister is the bread winner in that household.  Frank and I will make sure that they get to use our time-share at least once a year and take trips away.  it is the least that we can do.  I will try and pop up to give them weekend breaks also. 

Robin, I did xmas shopping in Black Mountain.  The old hardware store there is fun to get items for the stockings for all the kids (young and old).  Then got some great ornaments to give everyone.  Also found a "candy basket" that I am going to make to give to people.  I will have to take a picture and post here for you all to see.  It is really cute and looks very simple to make.  I love finding items like that.  I did buy one, so I am not just stealing the idea. 

2013-11-18 8:39 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

We had a great weekend in NC.

Stayed in Swannanoa with my older sister.  We don't always get along, so I made the decision to stay with her on purpose.  I believe that the weekend went really well and hopefully she and I are on our way to a better relationship. I'm not expecting her to become "friends" but at least let's be cordial and get along for the rest of the family.  This was a good move towards that.

Dad is doing okay, but the girlfriend has gone back to Oregon, so who knows what his mood is going to be like.  My Brother-in-law really has patience and he is basically the main caregiver as my sister is the bread winner in that household.  Frank and I will make sure that they get to use our time-share at least once a year and take trips away.  it is the least that we can do.  I will try and pop up to give them weekend breaks also. 

Robin, I did xmas shopping in Black Mountain.  The old hardware store there is fun to get items for the stockings for all the kids (young and old).  Then got some great ornaments to give everyone.  Also found a "candy basket" that I am going to make to give to people.  I will have to take a picture and post here for you all to see.  It is really cute and looks very simple to make.  I love finding items like that.  I did buy one, so I am not just stealing the idea. 

I love shopping in Black Mountain. and that hardware store is great. It still has lots of good "hardware" things as well as gift-like things. As opposed to the Mast General Store(s) that have gone to just clothes and gift-like things.

2013-11-18 9:52 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning!  Been chilly and rainy here for days.  My run last week started my sniffles back. So I have not been working out.  Weather is supposed to clear up Wednesday but either way I need to GET OUT THERE!

2013-11-18 9:53 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Morning Ghoulies.

Naps will help you heal

2013-11-18 9:54 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Here are some projects that we hope to sell at the bazaar.

(So Cal 2013 303.JPG)

(100_8152.JPG)

(100_8136.JPG)

(So Cal 2013 301.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
So Cal 2013 303.JPG (999KB - 2 downloads)
100_8152.JPG (1078KB - 2 downloads)
100_8136.JPG (1102KB - 2 downloads)
So Cal 2013 301.JPG (1056KB - 3 downloads)
2013-11-18 1:14 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Here are some projects that we hope to sell at the bazaar.

Nice! the coat hook shelf would be great here.

2013-11-19 5:14 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2013-11-19 5:53 AM

User image

Champion

Ok, I'm a few days late on this, and if you guys get tired of reading about my kids just tell me and I'll stop.

Last Thursday was the Turkey Trot at the middle school. It is the 1 mile course where they start behind the middle school, hit a chunk of the cross country course, come up behind the football field, then onto the track to finish it off.

They ran the 5th/6th grade girls first, then the 5th/6th grade boys, then the 7th/8th grade boys and girls. The rest of the middle school was out on the bleachers, there was music playing, it was a fun day.

Caleb was asked to be a course official. Where he was standing and directing the kids they passed him twice. I was standing on the top of the bleachers on the visitors side of the field, so I could see the entire race, and they came up just below me to come on to the field.

In all the races the top 3 got prizes, the top 10 got ribbons. Keri just wanted to place high enough to get a ribbon.

The one gym teacher did a great job getting the girls warmed up, then they lined up on the basketball course, and the race started. Keri started out well. We had talked about getting out with the front of the pack, but not sprinting so hard that you ran out of gas quickly. She got out with the front group and stayed there the entire way. As they ran to the first marker I could see Caleb clapping and cheering. The longer the race went the more the pack got spread out. As the leaders were coming up to getting on the track I yelled to Keri she had to pass 1 more to get a ribbon. She kicked it in and passed 3. She came in 8th place out of 30 girls. The top 6 were all 6th graders. 7th place was her friend Avery, whom she could have passed, and Avery knew this, but she didn't. She just wanted a ribbon, and she got it, she said she didn't need to pass her friend.

I cheered for all the kids going by. I yelled names if I knew them. I clapped the whole time. When the kids came back past Caleb to hit the home stretch up to the track I could see Caleb still clapping and cheering for them.

The 5/6 boys were next. In all of the races there were kids you could tell were not runners. Were most likely not athletic at all. Basically overweight. In the boys group there were 2 boys at the very end who walked more than half the course. When they got back around to Caleb to turn and head towards the track he ran with both of them up to the parking lot, over 100 yards. They both ran as he ran with them. When he hit the parking lot he sent them on their way. When they came onto the track all the kids in the bleachers started cheering for them. One of the teachers came over and kept them moving to get around to the other side to the finish.

There was a few minutes before the final race got started. The music was playing, the kids were having a good time. If you ever need a warm feeling in your heart stand across a football field from middle schoolers when Katy Perry's Firework comes on. I think they were ALL singing and waving their arms.

The final race started. It wasn't even close. A friend of Caleb's, who wants to run cross country next year won in a landslide. He was finishing as the second place kid was just getting onto the track. He got a drink, then would go back out and run the last 50 yards or so with kids, or groups of kids as they were coming to the finish line. He did it for almost all the kids, including the boy who came in last. He ran out and you could see he was talking to him as they came in. He let that boy finish ahead of him. What a good kid.

It was a fun day, and Keri got her ribbon. I have FANTASTIC kids!

2013-11-19 6:06 AM

User image

Champion

Oh, and Keri made the A team in basketball.

Caleb has tryouts this week, we will know Friday evening which team he is on. I'm hoping for school team, at worst he would be on the A team which will play right after Keri, in the same place. I really don't expect him to be on the B team. They have 35 kids to separate into 3 teams.

2013-11-19 6:11 AM

User image

Champion

Oh, and Keri made the A team in basketball.

Caleb has tryouts this week, we will know Friday evening which team he is on. I'm hoping for school team, at worst he would be on the A team, which is fine, too. They play right after Keri, in the same place. I really don't expect him to be on the B team. They have 35 kids to separate into 3 teams. The coach split them up into different groups last night, and Caleb was in the group of kids you know are going to be on the school team, so that's good. A lot of these kids have played since third grade, he didn't really start playing until last year. He went to 2 camps over the summer, and played a summer league. The coaching staff likes him, he's big, he works hard, and he's very coachable. The high school varsity coach was at some of the summer league games. Caleb would come off of the court, he'd pull him aside show him something, when Caleb would go back in he'd do it how the coach showed him. I really don't care which team he is on, I just want him to play and have fun.

2013-11-19 6:12 AM

User image

Champion

How be the foot Robin?

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24900 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 52158 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65073 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 68938 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 80564 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.