BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 191

2012-12-09 9:45 PM
in reply to: #4528554

User image

Master
Subject: RE: swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed
badgerintx - 2012-12-09 7:36 PM

It was a beautiful weekend for some CX......  2012 State Champion.....  2012 Wisconsin Series Cup Champion....  USA Cycling Upgrade email in my inbox at 7:30 this AM....  10th today in Midwest Regional's today in the snow in 45+ Open.  More later, it's time to watch the Pack.  

DINO!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

2012-12-09 10:03 PM

User image

Champion
marietta
badgerintx - 2012-12-09 10:36 PM

It was a beautiful weekend for some CX......  2012 State Champion.....  2012 Wisconsin Series Cup Champion....  USA Cycling Upgrade email in my inbox at 7:30 this AM....  10th today in Midwest Regional's today in the snow in 45+ Open.  More later, it's time to watch the Pack.  

Damn!!! That's AWESOME bro!!! CONGRATS!!!!
2012-12-09 11:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia

Congrats, Dino!!!

btw, what's that white stuff on the ground?!?

2012-12-10 12:59 AM
in reply to: #4123816

User image

Elite
san francisco
congratulations, Dino!  Way to crush it out there (in the snow, no less!)  you are amazing!
2012-12-10 4:33 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa
badgerintx - 2012-12-10 12:36 PM

Congratulations Dino!!! That's very cool!

2012-12-10 5:55 AM

User image

Awesome job Dino.  Way to REPRESENT!

Can't wait for the details. 

2012-12-10 6:38 AM

User image

WOW!! Congratulations, Dino!!!

2012-12-10 8:52 AM
in reply to: #4528442

User image

Master

swbkrun - 2012-12-09 5:51 PM How was the 10 mile loop measured? At my 50k my garmin was short a bit, but the rd measured with a wheel. The garmin can very quickly go in and out of reception. It's usually a good ballpark, but it really depends on how thick the woods are and the cloud layer. John may have better insight to this?

For sure. Even when we were running together recently, Steve and I got different distances for the same route, by about .3 over 7 miles. My Garmin has varied as much as .6 miles over a 6-mile loop I do in the trails -- for sure trees and cloud cover have a huge effect on that. I drive me insane but I try to let it go... Easier said than done, ha!

GREAT WORK on the 20 miles!!!

2012-12-10 9:10 AM

User image

Master
Tosa, WI

As requested here are some details……  I wrapped up my season up this weekend in peak form and by achieving my goals set out earlier this year and then some.  It sure feels awesome to validate all the hard work this year.

Saturday =  Wisconsin State Cyclocross Championships-  This was the last scored race of 13 in the season long “Wisconsin Cup Series”  and I needed to finish better than 5th to lock up the title.  Trust me, I had more ambitious plans on the day.  Same course that will be used during Nationals in January and it was dry and fast.  I got a horrible start but made up some ground on the first lap.  I rode a very sound technical race with about 5 other series leaders and I was the only one that could answer when another rider attacked hard on the last lap.  We rode that last lap together and I took him on the sprint to the line.  State Championship title and Cup Title by 13 points!    

Sunday =  Midwest Regional Championships -  Got my forced upgrade from the USA Cycling official overnight.  After Saturday’s win, she asked me if I was pre-registered for Sunday and when I told her yes she responded by telling me to sleep in because I will be racing 45+ 1/2/3 on Sunday and by handing me a new set of numbers.  Almost the same course layout at Saturday, but much different now with 2+ inches of snow already on the ground and still snowing.  I was last on start line call-ups because of the overnight upgrade but made up some ground on the start. (Anybody ever tell you how important the start is in a CX race?!)  I settled into my pace with a group of 4 and we raced each other all day and slowly picked guys off all race.  It was really slick and greasy all day, but filled with lots of smiles and tons of fun.  It was nice to race with no expectations.   My hands are actually sore today from gripping my hoods on the downhills and there were lots of issues with clipping into the pedals from snowpack, etc. for everybody.  I was very shocked to find out I finished in the top 10 in this strong of an open field.  Very, very happy with that result.  It was kind of like hitting that great golf shot at the end of the round, just makes you want to come back for more.   

That being said, this weekend ends my racing season.  I have decided against racing Nationals because I am in need of a break.  I set some pretty lofty goals for myself this season and exceeded almost all of them. Now it is time to enjoy for a while.  HUGE THANKS to everybody in the MG for the inspires, words of support, heckles of motivation, etc.

Ride Safe!         

Edited by badgerintx 2012-12-10 9:12 AM
2012-12-10 10:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Utah

Awesome! Congratulations Dino.

Tiana

2012-12-10 10:40 AM
in reply to: #4528964

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California
badgerintx - 2012-12-10 7:10 AM

As requested here are some details……  I wrapped up my season up this weekend in peak form and by achieving my goals set out earlier this year and then some.  It sure feels awesome to validate all the hard work this year.

Saturday =  Wisconsin State Cyclocross Championships-  This was the last scored race of 13 in the season long “Wisconsin Cup Series”  and I needed to finish better than 5th to lock up the title.  Trust me, I had more ambitious plans on the day.  Same course that will be used during Nationals in January and it was dry and fast.  I got a horrible start but made up some ground on the first lap.  I rode a very sound technical race with about 5 other series leaders and I was the only one that could answer when another rider attacked hard on the last lap.  We rode that last lap together and I took him on the sprint to the line.  State Championship title and Cup Title by 13 points!    

Sunday =  Midwest Regional Championships -  Got my forced upgrade from the USA Cycling official overnight.  After Saturday’s win, she asked me if I was pre-registered for Sunday and when I told her yes she responded by telling me to sleep in because I will be racing 45+ 1/2/3 on Sunday and by handing me a new set of numbers.  Almost the same course layout at Saturday, but much different now with 2+ inches of snow already on the ground and still snowing.  I was last on start line call-ups because of the overnight upgrade but made up some ground on the start. (Anybody ever tell you how important the start is in a CX race?!)  I settled into my pace with a group of 4 and we raced each other all day and slowly picked guys off all race.  It was really slick and greasy all day, but filled with lots of smiles and tons of fun.  It was nice to race with no expectations.   My hands are actually sore today from gripping my hoods on the downhills and there were lots of issues with clipping into the pedals from snowpack, etc. for everybody.  I was very shocked to find out I finished in the top 10 in this strong of an open field.  Very, very happy with that result.  It was kind of like hitting that great golf shot at the end of the round, just makes you want to come back for more.   

That being said, this weekend ends my racing season.  I have decided against racing Nationals because I am in need of a break.  I set some pretty lofty goals for myself this season and exceeded almost all of them. Now it is time to enjoy for a while.  HUGE THANKS to everybody in the MG for the inspires, words of support, heckles of motivation, etc.

Ride Safe!         

Congrats, Dino!   That's amazing as heck, and an impressive way to end the season!!!  Enjoy the break.....

2012-12-10 11:42 AM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
badgerintx - 2012-12-10 8:10 AM

Ride Safe!         

Congrats Dino. Very impressive riding!

2012-12-10 5:26 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
badgerintx - 2012-12-10 12:10 PM

Ride Safe!         

WOW!!  Fantastic job Dino!!  What a great way to end a season. 

2012-12-10 9:03 PM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

Dino,

Thanks for the additional details.  I don't know anything about Cyclocross, but I'm learning.  You are AMAZING!  Congrats on putting in the hard work and reaching beyond your goals for the season.

2012-12-10 9:09 PM
in reply to: #4528923

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina
kkcbelle - 2012-12-10 9:52 AM

swbkrun - 2012-12-09 5:51 PM How was the 10 mile loop measured? At my 50k my garmin was short a bit, but the rd measured with a wheel. The garmin can very quickly go in and out of reception. It's usually a good ballpark, but it really depends on how thick the woods are and the cloud layer. John may have better insight to this?

For sure. Even when we were running together recently, Steve and I got different distances for the same route, by about .3 over 7 miles. My Garmin has varied as much as .6 miles over a 6-mile loop I do in the trails -- for sure trees and cloud cover have a huge effect on that. I drive me insane but I try to let it go... Easier said than done, ha!

GREAT WORK on the 20 miles!!!

I'm not sure how they measured that course, but it was a cloudy day, and I had my auto pause turned on.  It kept doing strange things like pausing when I really was actually still moving--be it very slowly!  lol

Feeling no worse for the wear today.  Honestly no muscle soreness at all, just some tightness in my soleus and feet, which is very normal for me.  I'm starting to get a little excited--might even set a more lofty goal than just finishing. 

Oh, hubby's been on the injured list for over two weeks with a sprained ankle.  He's grumpy. Wink  Especially when I talk incessantly about my training runs.

2012-12-11 8:00 AM

User image

Expert
metro west, MA
badgerintx - 2012-12-10 10:10 AM

Ride Safe!         

Congrats, Dino!!!!  Awesome all around. Enjoy that well deserved break.

2012-12-12 5:39 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! Anyone considering a Jingle Bell run or other race this weekend?  Tell us about it.

If you're not racing, do you have a SBR goal to knock off the list before the New Year? or have you achieved everything you wanted to in 2012?

2012-12-12 6:14 AM
in reply to: #4531820

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

SSMinnow - 2012-12-12 8:39 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! Anyone considering a Jingle Bell run or other race this weekend?  Tell us about it.

If you're not racing, do you have a SBR goal to knock off the list before the New Year? or have you achieved everything you wanted to in 2012?

I am not racing and I have no SBR goals to knock off before year end.  Kind of boring, but that is where I am.    My current focus is on slowly ramping up both my run and bike distances.   I'm trying to  build up to 6 days/week running ala Barry P and also trying to ramp up my time on the trainer.  On the swim front, I am focused on form/technique for the next few months - lots of room for improvement in all disciplines.

Edited by dcon 2012-12-12 6:14 AM
2012-12-12 7:39 AM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
No goals to hit. Just happy I have ran more km's this year than last year, Even with over a month of zero km's with my injury. Last year after IM I didn't do much until Jan-Feb. This year I have kept up the running at least. I do commute on my bike 2 or 3 times a week, so my legs do know how to spin still!
2012-12-12 7:40 AM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Question--- going to start a 16 week marathon training program in Jan for my May race.What/where is a good marathon program?
2012-12-12 8:43 AM
in reply to: #4531931

User image

Master

TrevorC - 2012-12-12 5:40 AM Question--- going to start a 16 week marathon training program in Jan for my May race.What/where is a good marathon program?

You'll need to find one where you can try to keep up with me. I'm this close to entering Vancouver...!!!! Almost pulled the trigger yesterday. Not sure why not, but I haven't yet...

2012-12-12 9:14 AM
in reply to: #4532009

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
kkcbelle - 2012-12-12 6:43 AM

TrevorC - 2012-12-12 5:40 AM Question--- going to start a 16 week marathon training program in Jan for my May race.What/where is a good marathon program?

You'll need to find one where you can try to keep up with me. I'm this close to entering Vancouver...!!!! Almost pulled the trigger yesterday. Not sure why not, but I haven't yet...

No brainier just do it.... I'll train with you.
2012-12-12 9:18 AM
in reply to: #4531820

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
SSMinnow - 2012-12-12 5:39 AM

While I can't say I achieved everything I wanted to in 2012, I have nothing left to do this year except enjoy friends and family time over the next couple of weeks.

I officially kicked off my marathon training last week for a late March race. Looks like we're going to have quite a few people gearing up for some fun--me in March,  Julia in April and Kyla and Trev in May!  Anyone else? I think Chet said something about doing a few....maybe?

2012-12-12 10:58 AM
in reply to: #4532069

User image

Master
Maryland
SSMinnow - 2012-12-12 10:18 AM
SSMinnow - 2012-12-12 5:39 AM

I am looking for a Jingle Bell Run, have not found one yet.

No goals for the next 2 weeks except for cherishing my family. My Dad is in the hospital in serious condition so I'm there everyday. One day at a time : )

2012-12-12 11:22 AM

User image

Elite
san francisco

Sorry to hear about your Father, Linda.  Sending  prayers your way.

oh, all of these 2013 marathons!  exciting!  hurry, Kyla, stop waffling!

no racing for me, just enjoying family, friends, and trying to survive the end of year work crush!

Disney is pretty cool at Christmas!  back to reality and SF in a few hours

edited to say, what happened to my formatting?!

Edited by kt65 2012-12-12 11:23 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed Rss Feed  

of 191