BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-06-09 8:22 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)
Taper Tantrum - [tey-per][tan-truhm]
when you get crazy about things you shouldn't get crazy about when tapering for a big event

There is nothing left in my house to clean. We leave for Maui on Monday so I could pack for that. But if I packed the 3 pairs of shorts I own that are not running or tri related I would then have no clothes . I could grocery shop for my nephew and his girlfriend, who are house sitting for us, but then I would eat all that food.

sigh

2015-06-10 12:28 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

What a difference in rides.  After my brake pad fiasco the other day, I took my bike to the lbs for a quick tune.  Went for a final shakedown ride of 10 miles tonight and averaged over 21 mph for the first time ever.  It was a great confidence boost.  

2015-06-10 7:12 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by fortissimo Taper Tantrum - [tey-per][tan-truhm] when you get crazy about things you shouldn't get crazy about when tapering for a big event There is nothing left in my house to clean. We leave for Maui on Monday so I could pack for that. But if I packed the 3 pairs of shorts I own that are not running or tri related I would then have no clothes . I could grocery shop for my nephew and his girlfriend, who are house sitting for us, but then I would eat all that food. sigh

Things may be clean, but do they sparkle?

2015-06-10 7:12 AM
in reply to: popsracer

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by popsracer

What a difference in rides.  After my brake pad fiasco the other day, I took my bike to the lbs for a quick tune.  Went for a final shakedown ride of 10 miles tonight and averaged over 21 mph for the first time ever.  It was a great confidence boost.  

Well that's good to see!

2015-06-10 7:49 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by fortissimo

when you get crazy about things you shouldn't get crazy about when tapering for a big event

There is nothing left in my house to clean. We leave for Maui on Monday so I could pack for that. But if I packed the 3 pairs of shorts I own that are not running or tri related I would then have no clothes . I could grocery shop for my nephew and his girlfriend, who are house sitting for us, but then I would eat all that food.

sigh

Too funny! Have you thoroughly cleaned and waxed your bike?
2015-06-10 7:50 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear about the race!

2015-06-10 8:29 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Katy, Texas
Anyone else following the Iron Cowboy? He's attempting 50 Ironman's in 50 states in 50 days. He's through day 5.

He's doing the one in Mississippi in Ridgeland on June 24. Are you going to try and ride or run with him if he makes it that far Matt? That would be #19.
2015-06-10 8:55 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Jet Black Anyone else following the Iron Cowboy? He's attempting 50 Ironman's in 50 states in 50 days. He's through day 5. He's doing the one in Mississippi in Ridgeland on June 24. Are you going to try and ride or run with him if he makes it that far Matt? That would be #19.

There's some buzz around here for it.  It's a Wednesday, so I'm waiting for closer to time to see details.  I can't imagine the mental state he'll be in 18 IMs in.  

2015-06-10 9:03 AM

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by fortissimoTaper Tantrum - [tey-per][tan-truhm]when you get crazy about things you shouldn't get crazy about when tapering for a big event There is nothing left in my house to clean. We leave for Maui on Monday so I could pack for that. But if I packed the 3 pairs of shorts I own that are not running or tri related I would then have no clothes . I could grocery shop for my nephew and his girlfriend, who are house sitting for us, but then I would eat all that food. sigh
Haha! That's great
2015-06-10 9:53 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Originally posted by Jet Black

sigh

I'm waiting until after my ride today to wax Frankie. It's raining right now and I don't want him to get all muddy and dirty again. If it doesn't stop raining in an hour or so I'll be on the trainer again. sigh.
2015-06-10 9:53 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by msteiner

I hopped in the pool for the first time since Age Group Nationals yesterday.  That was fun.  My speed wasn't too bad, but I could feel myself wearing out fast.  Only swam 900m.

Did a FTP test this morning, and ended with 251W making 237 my current FTP.  That's down 13 watts from my result in late March.  Starting the rebuild!

Yay for getting back in the pool!!  Sounds like you're recovering well from the crash and time off.  I'm guessing that your rebuild won't take long at the rate you go.

2015-06-10 9:56 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by fortissimo Taper Tantrum - [tey-per][tan-truhm] when you get crazy about things you shouldn't get crazy about when tapering for a big event There is nothing left in my house to clean. We leave for Maui on Monday so I could pack for that. But if I packed the 3 pairs of shorts I own that are not running or tri related I would then have no clothes . I could grocery shop for my nephew and his girlfriend, who are house sitting for us, but then I would eat all that food. sigh
I'm waiting until after my ride today to wax Frankie. It's raining right now and I don't want him to get all muddy and dirty again. If it doesn't stop raining in an hour or so I'll be on the trainer again. sigh.

You could clean the trainer. Or you could go shopping for more clothes.  At least you wouldn't eat those unless you get REALLY taper-crazed.

2015-06-10 10:15 AM

User image

Master

I don't clean....but I have taper crazies.  We were at the lake this morning and I had a terrible swim.  "You can't do this.  It's too far.  You aren't gonna make it".  I have done this swim like 50 times.  And did it last Thursday, entirely successfully.   Only today, cause the gates weren't open yet, we were swimming the loop backwards.  And my brain starts messing with me.  Sigh.  I'm not that worried about it, it is one bad swim, but geeez-o-pete.  Shut up brain!

2015-06-10 10:16 AM

User image

Master

Awesome, Steve.  You are going to rock it.  

2015-06-10 10:32 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IronOx

I don't clean....but I have taper crazies.  We were at the lake this morning and I had a terrible swim.  "You can't do this.  It's too far.  You aren't gonna make it".  I have done this swim like 50 times.  And did it last Thursday, entirely successfully.   Only today, cause the gates weren't open yet, we were swimming the loop backwards.  And my brain starts messing with me.  Sigh.  I'm not that worried about it, it is one bad swim, but geeez-o-pete.  Shut up brain!

Sounds like what happens to me at a dress rehearsal before a performance (choir, band/orchestra, or play--doesn't matter).  I've come to realize that a bad dress rehearsal means a good performance, maybe because it scares the bejeezus out of me and makes me really focus when it comes time to perform.  As Steve said yesterday, the hay is in the barn, you've done the work, and you're going to be fine.  So yeah, shut up brain!

2015-06-10 10:34 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Denver, CO

Great to have that confidence boost right when you needed it!  Maybe that brake pad fiasco was a good way to get in one last resistance training session so you can really fly when it comes time for the real deal.  Plus it's a good reminder to do one last equipment check before race day.

2015-06-10 11:29 AM

User image

Seattle

Haha just chalk up the other ride as a great training stimulus

2015-06-10 11:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

My race went really well last night. It was a 4K distance on the trails and I was about redlined for the entire run. Which gave me a good idea of exactly how long I can run that hard.

Anyway, I ended up #1 woman. I'll do a rr soon. I took a different approach on this race just trying some stuff. 

Edited by Asalzwed 2015-06-10 11:35 AM
2015-06-10 11:49 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Asalzwed

My race went really well last night. It was a 4K distance on the trails and I was about redlined for the entire run. Which gave me a good idea of exactly how long I can run that hard.

Anyway, I ended up #1 woman. I'll do a rr soon. I took a different approach on this race just trying some stuff. 

WOOOOT!!  Way to go, Salty!

2015-06-10 11:54 AM

User image

Melon Presser

CONGRATULATIONS SALTY!!!

Ha. Haven't posted that one for you in awhile though many of your occasions called for it! It looks like you, too. In fact there's a pic from one of your races, maybe Boston, that has you looking like that, although I know you were wearing a shirt then.

2015-06-10 12:00 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

CONGRATULATIONS SALTY!!!

Ha. Haven't posted that one for you in awhile though many of your occasions called for it! It looks like you, too. In fact there's a pic from one of your races, maybe Boston, that has you looking like that, although I know you were wearing a shirt then.

I'd love to have a nice extended (and sparkly!) trail leg like that, so I hope you are right

And thank you 

2015-06-10 12:01 PM

User image

Seattle

Oh man, Max King just did some course scouting for the Mountain Running National Championship (my A race)

Check out this Strava Data: 

https://www.strava.com/activities/202158831

My race will be two loops of this

2015-06-10 12:29 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by laffinrock

Great to have that confidence boost right when you needed it!  Maybe that brake pad fiasco was a good way to get in one last resistance training session so you can really fly when it comes time for the real deal.  Plus it's a good reminder to do one last equipment check before race day.

Speaking of equipment check.  You should see my dining room table where I've thrown all my stuff to pack.  It is a small mountain.  It is times like this that I really appreciate running events. 

2015-06-10 12:31 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Whatever your different approach was it appears it was quite successful.  Congratulatons on your win.  Great job.

2015-06-10 12:31 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Speaking of equipment check.  You should see my dining room table where I've thrown all my stuff to pack.  It is a small mountain.  It is times like this that I really appreciate running events. 

Ha! Single sport events have me more paranoid now because it seems way too easy to pack for!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68402 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29146 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38644 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.