of 39

2012-01-30 7:52 PM
in reply to: #4019228

User image

Subject: RE: Flo Cycling Wheels
Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 3:34 PM
HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-30 3:04 AM
RVachon - 2012-01-30 4:42 AM

HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-29 10:40 PM I'm excited about these too but haven't decided between these or a set of system85 carbon clinchers from williams, for a couple hundred more.
What is your reasoning for wanting the flows so bad?
They are probably a little more aero due to the new wider toridal shape, but they're a fair bit heavier.
I'm seriously asking cause I haven't made up my mind yet .

I think you answered your own question; they're more aero, cheaper, and weight difference will be negligible and unless you plan on doing all your races in a really hilly environment, then weight is hardly a big consideration.

You see, I didnt answer my own question. I restated my questions about the two wheelsets asking for the OP to give his opinion.

Proabably just read your post wrong but to me they (might be more aero), they are (slightly) cheaper, and the weight diference seemed (more than) negligible. I cant find the weights of the comparable flo wheels but the diference came to just under ~500 grams if I remember right which is a fair bit. As you said that is that little important, I have a few grams I could loose in my midsection that would make a much larger diferencce. But again that is why I posed my questions and was looking for other opinions so that is what I got.

Thanks,

Matt

Your question about weight is a good one and we get it a lot.  Our goals when designing our wheels were, high quality, aerodynamics, affordable pricing and of course weight.  I will say that weight wasn't on the top of our list though.  We wanted to focus more on aerodynamics simply because we felt it was more important.  Here's a great article by Tom A. on the subject if you haven't already read it.  Tom does an excellent job of comparing the benefits of aerodynamics vs. weight.   ARTICLE

Regarding our weights, we just had the opportunity to weigh our production model prototypes.  They came in at the following...

Front FLO 60 - 875 grams
Rear FLO 60 - 1061 grams
Rear FLO 60 Clydesdale - 1089 grams
Front FLO 90 - 952 grams
Rear FLO 90 - 1138 grams
Rear FLO 90 Clydesdale - 1170 grams
FLO DISC - 1260 grams
FLO DISC Clydesdale - 1299 grams

If you have any more questions about our products please feel free to ask.  I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Take care, 

Thanks so much for your reply! I think it means a lot when the owner of a company is on the forums taking the time to answer questions about his products personally.

One question: I am currently training at about 195-200lbs would like to race around 185 so what is your recommended cutof for the clydesdale build?

thanks again,
Matt 

2012-01-30 8:46 PM
in reply to: #4019673

User image

Extreme Veteran
HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-30 5:52 PM

HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-29 10:40 PM I'm excited about these too but haven't decided between these or a set of system85 carbon clinchers from williams, for a couple hundred more.
They are probably a little more aero due to the new wider toridal shape, but they're a fair bit heavier.

I think you answered your own question; they're more aero, cheaper, and weight difference will be negligible and unless you plan on doing all your races in a really hilly environment, then weight is hardly a big consideration.

You see, I didnt answer my own question. I restated my questions about the two wheelsets asking for the OP to give his opinion.

Proabably just read your post wrong but to me they (might be more aero), they are (slightly) cheaper, and the weight diference seemed (more than) negligible. I cant find the weights of the comparable flo wheels but the diference came to just under ~500 grams if I remember right which is a fair bit. As you said that is that little important, I have a few grams I could loose in my midsection that would make a much larger diferencce. But again that is why I posed my questions and was looking for other opinions so that is what I got.

Thanks,

Matt

Your question about weight is a good one and we get it a lot.  Our goals when designing our wheels were, high quality, aerodynamics, affordable pricing and of course weight.  I will say that weight wasn't on the top of our list though.  We wanted to focus more on aerodynamics simply because we felt it was more important.  Here's a great article by Tom A. on the subject if you haven't already read it.  Tom does an excellent job of comparing the benefits of aerodynamics vs. weight.   ARTICLE

Regarding our weights, we just had the opportunity to weigh our production model prototypes.  They came in at the following...

Front FLO 60 - 875 grams
Rear FLO 60 - 1061 grams
Front FLO 90 - 952 grams
Rear FLO 90 - 1138 grams
FLO DISC - 1260 grams

If you have any more questions about our products please feel free to ask.  I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Take care, 

Thanks so much for your reply! I think it means a lot when the owner of a company is on the forums taking the time to answer questions about his products personally.

No problem.  We enjoy spending time on the forums speaking with people.  

One question: I am currently training at about 195-200lbs would like to race around 185 so what is your recommended cutof for the clydesdale build?

Our "standard" wheels have a 90kg or 198lbs upper limit.  You are right on the fence and would probably be ok on the standard wheels assuming you don't gain weight.  Our clydesdale wheels have an upper limit of 110kg or 242lbs.  The call is up to you.  There is only about a 30 to 40 gram difference to go to clydesdale so the weight really isn't that much of an issue.  You will more than likely get a little extra longevity out of the clydesdale since you are on the fence with the weight.  

thanks again,
Matt 

Let me know if you have any additional question,

2012-01-30 11:08 PM
in reply to: #4019238

User image

Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 2:37 PM
Forsey - 2012-01-30 9:23 AM

HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-29 8:40 PM I'm excited about these too but haven't decided between these or a set of system85 carbon clinchers from williams, for a couple hundred more.

I've been looking at some aero wheels for some time. If money wasn't in question I would probably purchase a pair of Zipp 808 firecrest but it is and at $2,500 for a set is a little steep.  At my age I'm not going to win a triathlon anytime soon but I will have a great chance as an AG therefore I'm looking for the best bang for my dollar.

Jon and Chris from FLO have been straight up on every step and process during the production stage and have made it very simple for everyone to understand. The have done a great job trying to connect with the consumer. Plus they are Canadian.

I currently ride a Felt with TTR3 wheels with a suggested weight of 2200 grams. If I recall correctly that a set of the FLO 90's where under 2000 grams, but there website isn't the easiest to get through but I'm sure that will be updated in time. Plus with them being more Aero and lighter then what I have it's still an upgrade for me.

Like I said for me its the best bang for my buck.

At their suggested prices why would you not consider the FLO wheels. 

First and foremost thank you very much for the kind words.  We appreciate them.  I'd like to ask you a question based on one of your comments...

You mentioned our website wasn't easy to get through.  We are always trying to make things as easy as possible and I was wondering if you could share what you found difficult about our site.  If we are missing something we would like to try and make it better.

Thanks again for your comments, 

Thanks for the reply Chris,

I know the website is still waiting for a full launch once the wheels become available, but I have read most of the blogs on the site. Problem is when I look for a specific blog I find it difficult to locate it again. For instance when I was trying to locate the weights and colors. A suggestion would be to have a search button on the top or maybe on your wheel tab have a drop down tab with with other categories like Specs, colors, etc..

I'm no web master but maybe put another pull on the site asking for suggestions on how to make it better. 

Also, will you still be offering an "aero arsenal" discount.. Like a set of 90's and a disc. 

Edited by Forsey 2012-01-30 11:09 PM
2012-01-31 1:32 PM
in reply to: #4019895

User image

Extreme Veteran
Forsey - 2012-01-30 9:08 PM
Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 2:37 PM
Forsey - 2012-01-30 9:23 AM

HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-29 8:40 PM I'm excited about these too but haven't decided between these or a set of system85 carbon clinchers from williams, for a couple hundred more.

I've been looking at some aero wheels for some time. If money wasn't in question I would probably purchase a pair of Zipp 808 firecrest but it is and at $2,500 for a set is a little steep.  At my age I'm not going to win a triathlon anytime soon but I will have a great chance as an AG therefore I'm looking for the best bang for my dollar.

Jon and Chris from FLO have been straight up on every step and process during the production stage and have made it very simple for everyone to understand. The have done a great job trying to connect with the consumer. Plus they are Canadian.

I currently ride a Felt with TTR3 wheels with a suggested weight of 2200 grams. If I recall correctly that a set of the FLO 90's where under 2000 grams, but there website isn't the easiest to get through but I'm sure that will be updated in time. Plus with them being more Aero and lighter then what I have it's still an upgrade for me.

Like I said for me its the best bang for my buck.

At their suggested prices why would you not consider the FLO wheels. 

First and foremost thank you very much for the kind words.  We appreciate them.  I'd like to ask you a question based on one of your comments...

You mentioned our website wasn't easy to get through.  We are always trying to make things as easy as possible and I was wondering if you could share what you found difficult about our site.  If we are missing something we would like to try and make it better.

Thanks again for your comments, 

Thanks for the reply Chris,

I know the website is still waiting for a full launch once the wheels become available, but I have read most of the blogs on the site. Problem is when I look for a specific blog I find it difficult to locate it again. For instance when I was trying to locate the weights and colors. A suggestion would be to have a search button on the top or maybe on your wheel tab have a drop down tab with with other categories like Specs, colors, etc..

I liked your suggestion to add a search feature to the blog so much I just did it...

flo blog 

Additionally, our wheel pages (which are due to launch any day) have a full spec section, color selector option... more details than you can imagine.  I think they are the best pages on our site and I've been dying to get them live.  We've had to wait until our photo shoot was done in order to launch the page and we are now editing everything to get it live. 

I'm no web master but maybe put another pull on the site asking for suggestions on how to make it better. 

Also, will you still be offering an "aero arsenal" discount.. Like a set of 90's and a disc. 

Unfortunately the "aero arsenal" idea was based on our old factory pricing and we will not be able to offer it with our current pricing.  We are doing everything in our power to keep prices as low as possible AND with the improved quality from our new factory comes higher costs to us.  

All the best,

2012-01-31 1:50 PM
in reply to: #4019204

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 4:27 PM

Forsey - 2012-01-29 6:35 PM

Is it just me or am I getting overly excited to get my hands on a set of these. The excitement is killing me. Release the hounds already. Are they ready yet, how about now. I said now...Just dingle the carrot in front of me. The pain. 

To think of it now, sitting on my trainer with the snow outside, I'm not really sure they will make me any faster. Doesn't matter how hard I pedal I always feel like I'm sitting still. Tomorrow is a new day though.

We appreciate your excitement.  We doing everything in our power to get out wheels to market as soon as possible.  We are finalizing our tests and our factory is just returning from Chinese New Year.  We have some upcoming meetings that should finalize all of the final details we need.

Keep riding that trainer... they aren't that fun but they sure make you faster ;)

Thanks again for your excitement.  We appreciate it. 

I hate to sound negative (but I will). It seems like I have read this same post over and over again over the last year.

Any enthusiasm I may have once had about the wheels has been replaced by doubts that they really exist or if they do, if they will ever make it to market. The post above seems to hold out hope that they are nearing production.

I hope I am wrong. I am rooting for you guys but I would not be surprised to be reading the same posts in January of 2013.

Edited by wannabefaster 2012-01-31 1:57 PM
2012-01-31 1:55 PM
in reply to: #4019755

User image

Veteran

Front FLO 60 - 875 grams
Rear FLO 60 - 1061 grams
Front FLO 90 - 952 grams
Rear FLO 90 - 1138 grams
FLO DISC - 1260 grams

If my calculations are correct, the estimated weight for as set of Flo 90's (2,090 grams) is 331 grams more than Zipp FC 808's (1,759 grams) - or 11.676 oz (.7297 lbs).

Assuming $800 for a set of Flo's vs. $2,949.99 for a set of Zipps from Nytro.com - that's $184.13 per oz or $6.49 per gram for the weight savings.

I'd have to be a lot faster in the Zipps to make that justification - bring on the Flo's!

Of course - if my math is incorrect, please let me know.

twomarks

2012-01-31 2:05 PM
in reply to: #4021171

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
wannabefaster - 2012-01-31 2:50 PM
Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 4:27 PM
Forsey - 2012-01-29 6:35 PM

Is it just me or am I getting overly excited to get my hands on a set of these. The excitement is killing me. Release the hounds already. Are they ready yet, how about now. I said now...Just dingle the carrot in front of me. The pain. 

To think of it now, sitting on my trainer with the snow outside, I'm not really sure they will make me any faster. Doesn't matter how hard I pedal I always feel like I'm sitting still. Tomorrow is a new day though.

We appreciate your excitement.  We doing everything in our power to get out wheels to market as soon as possible.  We are finalizing our tests and our factory is just returning from Chinese New Year.  We have some upcoming meetings that should finalize all of the final details we need.

Keep riding that trainer... they aren't that fun but they sure make you faster

Thanks again for your excitement.  We appreciate it. 

I hate to sound negative (but I will). It seems like I have read this same post over and over again over the last year. Any enthusiasm I may have once had about the wheels has been replaced by doubts that they really exist or if they do, if they will ever make it to market. The post above seems to hold out hope that they are nearing production. I hope I am wrong. I am rooting for you guys but I would not be surprised to be reading the same posts in January of 2013.

You raise a really good point. I think part of the reluctance to give up is that it is kinda nice that the owner posts here and therefore seems more accessable. Plus this is a forum where everyone is pleasant so it is hard to be too hard on someone who posts to apologize for something. Anyway, imagine if you had placed an advance order for something and hadn't received that product for a year? I think you would be more than ticked off!

Beyond this though, I am still amazed that people get this excited about an inknown product when there are others for a similar pricepoint that are readily available (for instance, I bought a 101/82 set of carbon Planet X wheels a couple of years ago for ~$650). I'm curious why folks seem to think the flo wheels are "better" somehow?

2012-01-31 2:10 PM
in reply to: #4021223

User image

Veteran

louskie,

Are the Flo's torroidal (sp?) in shape like the firecrests?  Don't know if that's the case or not, but if so, that may be a cause for excitement.

twomarks

2012-01-31 2:14 PM
in reply to: #4021239

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
twomarks - 2012-01-31 3:10 PM

louskie,

Are the Flo's torroidal (sp?) in shape like the firecrests?  Don't know if that's the case or not, but if so, that may be a cause for excitement.

twomarks

Hi twomarks- I have no idea if the flo's are torroidal...Canadian Flo will likely chime in and answer your question though on whether they are torroidal or not.. My point was more that people are excited about the flo's, which don't yet exist, versus some wheels that are pretty darn nice that do. It's just puzzled me all this time.

2012-01-31 2:27 PM
in reply to: #4021252

User image

Veteran

Totally understand,

Cheers,

twomarks

2012-01-31 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4021239

User image

Elite
Austin, TX
Gold member
twomarks - 2012-01-31 2:10 PM

louskie,

twomarks

Yes, the Flos are toroidal, and wide at that.  In fact, to me they look so similar to the Firecrest shape that I'm not sure how they're getting away with it.  The devil is in the details when it comes to aero, but there's a good chance that the Flo wheels will be very competitive with the Zipps and will significantly outperform a simple v-shape wheel like the Planet Xs.

2012-01-31 3:46 PM
in reply to: #4021422

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
dgunthert - 2012-01-31 3:12 PM

Yes, the Flos are toroidal, and wide at that.  In fact, to me they look so similar to the Firecrest shape that I'm not sure how they're getting away with it.  The devil is in the details when it comes to aero, but there's a good chance that the Flo wheels will be very competitive with the Zipps and will significantly outperform a simple v-shape wheel like the Planet Xs.

Because they didn't copy the Firecrest shape.  They can demonstrate how they arrived at it using CFD models. 

well, I'm not an IP attorney, but I assume that will protect them...

2012-01-31 11:03 PM
in reply to: #4021508

User image

Elite
Austin, TX
Gold member
JeffY - 2012-01-31 3:46 PM 

Because they didn't copy the Firecrest shape.  They can demonstrate how they arrived at it using CFD models. 

well, I'm not an IP attorney, but I assume that will protect them...

Don't think so.  If the shape is patented, I'm pretty sure coming up with it independently doesn't mean anything.

2012-01-31 11:08 PM
in reply to: #4017709

User image

Pro

At this point, there is nothing new under the sun in aero wheels.........just saying.

2012-01-31 11:57 PM

Veteran
Liberty Lake, WA
Little bit ridiculous that people are bashing a start up company that has been entirely transparent, open, and honest. The economy is terrible and this company is trying its best to bring a great product to the market. Cut them some slack. lol. 
2012-02-01 12:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Harbor City/Torrance/Carson

I have only good words for start up companies who make a better market place for the consumers.

Although if I were one of the proprietors of Flo.  I would just stay under the radar and just not say anything.  People wants good products and they want it now.  All the threads about their wheels and "future release" is in my opinion, just hurting them.  I would rather be on the down low and surprise everyone with a new and cheaper alternative to what is accepted as the norm.  That will drum up less negative publicity.  For all we know (and other unforseen circumstances), the wheels won't be released this year.

I think ST is smart and in some way helping Flo when it's head honcho decided to block all threads regarding Flo.

2012-02-01 2:04 AM
in reply to: #4022396

User image

xine2kgts - 2012-01-31 6:57 PM Little bit ridiculous that people are bashing a start up company that has been entirely transparent, open, and honest. The economy is terrible and this company is trying its best to bring a great product to the market. Cut them some slack. lol. 

Nobody is bashing them...at least I don't think.  I for one actually hope they succeed and change the pricing of race wheels in general for the future.

I just don't understand why people are (currently) so amped to buy brand new race wheels (which have yet to hit the market, nor set firm pricing) from a new start up company when they can spend the exact same amount of money to buy a used set from a more established and experienced company from who's expired design patent FLO is using.

IMHO...the real excitement will come 3-5 years from FLO's release.  Because by then, if FLO proves to be a quality product and business, other companies will have to react with more aggressive pricing.  And by then, you'll start to see used FLO's on ebay that will likely sell for $400-500 per set.

2012-02-01 6:46 AM
in reply to: #4022447

Some of you make it sound like The Flo'ers have had tons of delays, over and over again. They've only had one significant delay and right when it occured they told us all that 1st quarter 2012 looked like when they would have a pre-order. That info from them has not changed at all since then. You make it sound like Chris has pushed back the rollout date over and over again, but that just has not happened. Also, those that "don't get the excitement" need to consider that a few dozen (or maybe even a couple hundred) people on a couple of tri websites does not exactly equal a huge uproar of excitement. I too am interested to see how the wheels perform and if they stick with the projections on price and order dates, but just because I am giving Flo the benefit of the doubt and remaining optimistic doesnt necessarily mean I'm labeling them as anything revolutionary. Good luck to them and thanks for continuing to keep us informed.
2012-02-01 7:02 AM
in reply to: #4022343

Providence, RI

The Zipp/Hed toroidal patent has expired. Something about the hybrid toroidal shape expiring in a few years. I think flo is very much safe with their design.

2012-02-01 8:20 AM
in reply to: #4022447

User image

Extreme Veteran
Severna Park, MD
tri808 - 2012-02-01 3:04 AM

I just don't understand why people are (currently) so amped to buy brand new race wheels (which have yet to hit the market, nor set firm pricing) from a new start up company when they can spend the exact same amount of money to buy a used set from a more established and experienced company from who's expired design patent FLO is using.

But they aren't using the expired torriodal patent.  They said in their blog that was the starting point, but it evolved into something far far more like the Firecrest shape.  So you aren't getting equivelent (as in aero) wheels to the torroidal.  These will be the wide Torriodal (Firecrest) shape like.

2012-02-01 9:52 AM

Master
Northern IL
All this stuff about patents and the shape really seems to be side issues. The main question being asked by skeptics (and is being overlooked) basically comes down to how long is reasonable to wait for these wheels? In the grand scheme, how much of a difference will they make vs existing wheels, really? And vs those yet to come, as progress is not going to stop with their release.

2012-02-01 10:04 AM
in reply to: #4021252

User image

Extreme Veteran
louiskie - 2012-01-31 12:14 PM
twomarks - 2012-01-31 3:10 PM

louskie,

twomarks

Hi twomarks- I have no idea if the flo's are torroidal...Canadian Flo will likely chime in and answer your question though on whether they are torroidal or not.. My point was more that people are excited about the flo's, which don't yet exist, versus some wheels that are pretty darn nice that do. It's just puzzled me all this time.

Our wheels have a wide toroidal shape.  I think the reason people are excited is because we are... to my knowledge... the first company to bring wheels to the market that are both affordable and have about a years worth of R&D behind their shape.  

There are several ways to bring wheels to market...

1.  There are plenty of factories over seas that have an inventory of "pre-designed" wheels.  Many companies visit a factory, choose a pre-designed wheel, and put their sticker on it.  In a way it's like shopping for a car, you have a few options to choose, you get the color right and you place the order.  

2.  The other method is to design everything from scratch.  We didn't want to use a "pre-designed" wheel.  We wanted to design the most aerodynamic rims we could from scratch.  It takes time, money and as you can imagine is much harder than pulling something pre-built off of a shelf.  Once the design is right you factory has to develop the proper processes and procedures to produce the new product effectively so that the product you ship your customers is of high quality and properly functioning.

I'm not knocking the companies that choose method number 1.  In fact, some days I wonder why we didn't do it ourselves.  It would have removed a lot of the hassle and stress we have gone through over the last 2 years.  However, you have to do what you believe in.  We have a vision... and that vision is that you can merge affordability, leading edge aerodynamics and high quality into the same product.  

All the best,     

2012-02-01 10:21 AM
in reply to: #4019755

User image

Canadian_Flo - 2012-01-30 8:46 PM
HUSKRFJ - 2012-01-30 5:52 PM

Thanks,

Matt

Front FLO 60 - 875 grams
Rear FLO 60 - 1061 grams
Front FLO 90 - 952 grams
Rear FLO 90 - 1138 grams
FLO DISC - 1260 grams

Take care, 

No problem.  We enjoy spending time on the forums speaking with people.  

Our "standard" wheels have a 90kg or 198lbs upper limit.  You are right on the fence and would probably be ok on the standard wheels assuming you don't gain weight.  Our clydesdale wheels have an upper limit of 110kg or 242lbs.  The call is up to you.  There is only about a 30 to 40 gram difference to go to clydesdale so the weight really isn't that much of an issue.  You will more than likely get a little extra longevity out of the clydesdale since you are on the fence with the weight.  

thanks again,
Matt 

Let me know if you have any additional question,

awesome! again thanks!

2012-02-01 10:29 AM
in reply to: #4022740

User image

Elite
Austin, TX
Gold member
pburnett - 2012-02-01 8:20 AM [\

But they aren't using the expired torriodal patent.  They said in their blog that was the starting point, but it evolved into something far far more like the Firecrest shape.  So you aren't getting equivelent (as in aero) wheels to the torroidal.  These will be the wide Torriodal (Firecrest) shape like.

Came back to say this.  You're not going to find a set of Firecrest wheels for $800.  Not for a LONG time.  Yes, you may be able to find a set of older 404s if you look long enough.

This is the reason I'm eager to see these in production.  For less than 1/3 the cost, I can get a set of wheels, that while slightly heavier, are likely to perform just as well or very near.

2012-02-01 10:51 AM
in reply to: #4022412

User image

Extreme Veteran
arkmann - 2012-01-31 10:10 PM

I have only good words for start up companies who make a better market place for the consumers.

Although if I were one of the proprietors of Flo.  I would just stay under the radar and just not say anything.  People wants good products and they want it now.  All the threads about their wheels and "future release" is in my opinion, just hurting them.  I would rather be on the down low and surprise everyone with a new and cheaper alternative to what is accepted as the norm.  That will drum up less negative publicity.  For all we know (and other unforseen circumstances), the wheels won't be released this year.

I think ST is smart and in some way helping Flo when it's head honcho decided to block all threads regarding Flo.

I think there is some confusion about our actions because of the comments made by an admin over at ST.  The admin stated that we have made continued promises that have been broken.  This simply isn't true.  There haven't been broken promises.  We have been nothing but open and honest throughout our entire journey and the facts are all documented on our blog, website and social media sites.  The problem is people hear a thing or two here and there and then come to conclusions without actually reading the facts.  

To be honest, that is human nature and it's to be expected.  I guess the point I am trying to make is the following.  We were expected to come to market about 9 months ago.  We had all of our factories in line, the design was complete, our website was ready to go and... then our carbon fiber factory admitted they couldn't do what they promised they could.  Could we have come to market with a poor quality product?  Yes, we certainly could have.  But we felt that was irresponsible and disrespectful to the people who were going to give us their hard earned money.  

Our choice was to take the hit, loose a ton of money, and find a factory that could deliver a high quality product to our customers.  

Not everyone is going to agree with our decision and that is fine, but we couldn't come to grips with selling poor quality products.  We are confident that when our products finally do come to market, the customers who buy them will be very happy we kept quality in mind.  

Regarding all of the "threads" about our wheels.  When we started FLO I had been a member of ST for at least 2 or 3 years.  We originated some posts asking questions about starting the company and then about our progress.  I did this similar to the same way you would ask your friends for advice before taking a huge leap of faith to start a business.  

I'll admit that a transition took place on the forum.  I went from being a general forum user to a business owner and there was an adjustment period.  The admins at ST asked me not to originate any new threads about FLO or link to any FLO related material and I have followed their request for the last year or so.  

All of the new FLO threads  are generated by other people.  What others choose to say our post about our company is out of my control.  All I can do is respond accordingly.  Some may feel that I should say nothing, but we think it is better to talk to our potential customers, help answer questions, and keep the rumors as close to the truth as humanly possible.  

I don't expect everyone to agree with our choices, but I think it is fair to let you know why we make them. 

All the best,

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flo Cycling Wheels Rss Feed  

of 39