BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 97

2013-01-07 5:02 AM
in reply to: #4565328

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed
Wiff - 2013-01-06 9:51 PM

Hey All,

Whew, crazy last few days!!  I took your advice and took a bit of time off running to rest my legs.  Unfortunately, it seems like it may have been a bit too late because now I have a shin splint.    I've never had them before but I saw you all were talking about them a few days back so I'll check on my cadence and see if that helps.  Also totally learned my lesson about too much too soon.  So, still resting on the running (what a wrench in my HM training!!!!!!!!!) but I know if I want to run it, I need to rest now.

Those of you with shin splint experience, how long did you need to not run?

Kim, sorry to hear you have shin splints.  I agree with all that Kevin said on his post good advice.  As far as how long you have to rest, it all depends on how bad they are, but I think the most important thing is to rest them.  I have made the mistake of running trying to run through them and thinking they would go away on their own and it made them much worse, to the point where just walking was miserable.  Now, if I feel them after a run, I try to ice them, wrap them and use compression, and maybe skip the next run and replace it with a bike.  Another thing that helps is having them massaged.  All depends on how bad they are.  Good luck and let us know how things go!

2013-01-07 5:55 AM
in reply to: #4565332

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Subject: RE: Weekly Goals
Wiff - 2013-01-06 9:55 PM
jlangene - 2013-01-06 7:54 PM
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-06 7:36 PM Click the QUOTE (on ours) button in the right hand corner of this post. 
  1. Click on the box to the right of your name
  2. Click the bullet button (right uner the Styles menu)
  3. Unclick the Include Signature box below the message field (not sure if this is necessary)
  4. Click Submit
Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 

kevinbe

Kevin
  •  increase running mileage to 28-30mpw
  • lose 2 lbs currently at 191.4
  • Only earned 1 22 0z. beer next weekend.  I need to make it a good one
  • swim/bike 2 sessions (1200 min swim, 45 min minimum bike)
 thor67 Thor
  •  bike 3 times
  • run 3 times
  • keep losing weight
  • bonus weekend workout. whatever I feel up to!
 SportzVision Cynthia 
 Wiff Kim
  • Get in all scheduled workouts, if I can't run - do something else
  • Do a yoga DVD
  • Keep up the water and down the Diet Coke
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Tuesday - 30 min jog
  • Wednesday - Gym Brick
  • Thursday - 60 min jog
  • Friday - Bike 10 miles
  • Saturday - 1:15 jog
  • Sunday - Bike 15 miles
  • keep trying to improve cadence and keep on track with diet plan
mirthfuldragon Charles 
  • Get back on track with nutrition.  
  • Get a 9 mile run in.
  • Get back on track with nutrition.  (There's a theme here).
Burd Alex 
  • Run 3x, 1 long 2 normal
  • 3x sessions with Nike+ Kinect
  • CONQUER THE FACE IN WATER!
Yakhead  Ian Start 5 k training, and spin on spin bike on opposite days.
 bobddsmd  Bobby Taper week. Decrease food. drop 1lb. veg/fruit juice daily. decrease use of zoomers in water
 Cassady Doug Bike, run, swim 2 hours each. Weigh no more than 292 by 1/13.
 lp3510 Lenny 
 justinfss Justin
  •  Get into the pool twice this week
  • Get in two Spin sessions
  • Lose at least 2 lbs (235.6 today)
  • keep up paleo one month kickstart
  • 3 Runs
  firefighter Taj
  •  Get 5k under 20
  • Get 10k pace to 7:55
  • Actually get in a pool
  • More seat time on the trainer
 snarky Elizabeth
  • Swim - 3X
  • Cycle - 3X
  • keep tracking calories - drink water!!
  • hip stretches 
  • take the hip out for a test drive
DBrew99 Dan 
BigDH Darren/DH 
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Complete 2 yoga sessions and try a session at the Y on Tuesday
  • Lose 1 LB and record calories daily
  • Stretch for 2 hours and ice 3x
  • Work hard in my workouts while avoiding injury
  • Support my fellow Bter's 
2013-01-07 9:39 AM
in reply to: #4565383

User image

Expert
Wiff - 2013-01-07 12:13 AM
kevinbe - 2013-01-06 10:35 PM
Wiff - 2013-01-06 8:51 PM

Hey All,

Whew, crazy last few days!!  I took your advice and took a bit of time off running to rest my legs.  Unfortunately, it seems like it may have been a bit too late because now I have a shin splint.    I've never had them before but I saw you all were talking about them a few days back so I'll check on my cadence and see if that helps.  Also totally learned my lesson about too much too soon.  So, still resting on the running (what a wrench in my HM training!!!!!!!!!) but I know if I want to run it, I need to rest now.

Those of you with shin splint experience, how long did you need to not run?

Like it hurts when your walking around your house shin splint?  Does it hurt for every step walking, or only on the first part of your run then goes away till your walking around?

I would say your going to have to rest now.  the more severe, the longer the rest.  Mine hurt as I increase volume, but then I swim the next day, and i can usually run the following day with little problem, then I'm good to go until I increase the volume again.

I would recommend if they're hurting even just walking around that you take at least a week off, using ice for 20min on, 20min. off x2 twice a day.  take Ibuprofen 3x a day for inflamation, and spend the week doing swim and light bike.  Then the following week, plan a short jog at slow pace, and see how you feel and go from there.

If all's well then, look at your running plan, and how you can lessen the severity of your workouts and increases as you build your base for HM. 

I had plantar facia issues last year prepping for HIM, and had to take about 2weeks off in the middle of training.  It sucked, but doing so got it healed and I was able to move forward and compete.  Not healing completely will leave you fighting them for lengthy periods of time, and that's no fun.    Sorry your dealing with this, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

edited to include that I just looked over your logs.  Did this start hurting after the 6 miler you did 10 or so days ago?  that run was a 2x increase of your previous high total 2 weeks prior to that and I'm thinking you may have just agravated them and if you stay off for this week you should be good to go.  I would avoid 6 milers and stick with a 2,3,4 for a few weeks, then slowly build that long run by 1 mile, 2, 3 miles each week following, not to exceed a 10% increase in long run increase or total volume increase for the week.  Just my .10.

Thanks!  The first couple of days it was hurting no matter what I did.  Now, if I'm just walking, it's okay unless I do it for too long and then it starts to hurt a bit.  I take that as a sign it's getting better though.

My shins weren't sore after the long run last week, just my calves.  I think it was that, plus running two days in a row last week that did it.  I was still a bit sore come the first run and then quite sore come the second one.  I should have just rested.  At least I learned what not to do.  

I have been doing ice twice a day the last two days and that seems to be helping.  I'm thinking of holding off running until the weekend.  That will be a week and a half and then I'll see how it's feeling.  I won't do my planned log run regardless and I can definitely cut the pace.

Kim:

I don't remember if you have access to a pool but doing some aqua jogging would allow you to get in some cardio while maintaining your current level of fitness.  I did it a ton last year when I got injured and it raised my spirits and got me through.  Here is a story on it from Triathlete magazine.

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/A-New-Kind-of-Brick_-Try-Aquajogging-to-Boost-Your-Run

2013-01-07 10:44 AM
in reply to: #4543109

User image

Veteran
Illinois

I thought everyone here would appreciate my birthday present from my wife:

Unfortunately, she ordered a small, so I will to try to exchange it for a medium or large.  Cycling gear always seems to fit strange.

Hit the gym this morning, firing on all cylinders after the vacation rest.  I set two new PR's - 1x190 on squats (I can now squat my bodyweight, yay), and a tempo 5k run at 26:26, which leaves my older PR of 32:15 in the change; all my zone 2 runs and base building seem to be paying off.

Also, I went wine-tasting with my wife and some friends in Michigan - I still don't really like wine, but I found some sweet whites that I like - my wife thinks they taste like candy.  Also, the last winery was also a brewery, where I sampled some fair to middling brews and a heavy Scotch ale that blew my mind.  No six-packs though, only growlers, and I couldn't justify a growler right now.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.

-Charles

2013-01-07 10:51 AM
in reply to: #4565995

User image

Veteran
Dallas
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-07 10:44 AM

Unfortunately, she ordered a small, so I will to try to exchange it for a medium or large.  Cycling gear always seems to fit strange.

Hit the gym this morning, firing on all cylinders after the vacation rest.  I set two new PR's - 1x190 on squats (I can now squat my bodyweight, yay), and a tempo 5k run at 26:26, which leaves my older PR of 32:15 in the change; all my zone 2 runs and base building seem to be paying off.

Also, I went wine-tasting with my wife and some friends in Michigan - I still don't really like wine, but I found some sweet whites that I like - my wife thinks they taste like candy.  Also, the last winery was also a brewery, where I sampled some fair to middling brews and a heavy Scotch ale that blew my mind.  No six-packs though, only growlers, and I couldn't justify a growler right now.

-Charles

great present and congrats on hitting it hard!

2013-01-07 11:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-07 9:44 AM

-Charles

Nice gift. I prefer the 6pk or 22oz beer over  growler!

Michigan has wineries?? Drink the wine you like but don't be afraid to try others, you may surprise yourself after awhile. 

2013-01-07 11:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Well another run in the books. Finished off with another massive 7 minute row...Wink

Both felt much better than last week. I ran a mile more than planned. Quads a little sore, but nothing too bad. If the stars align, I will try sneak a ride on the old bike today...

Spin class tomorrow morning, run Wednesday.

2013-01-07 12:44 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Pool was awesome! Not crowded at all. Also I am super pumped because I got in 1.5 km's.

1000m straight TT in 21:02, which is a little slower than when I left off. But I am still happy with that.

I forgot how much I love swimming!!!!
2013-01-07 1:23 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-07 1:44 AM

First off.... I want one, we should see if we can make a mass order and get a deal on them! Seriously...who wants in?

Second....Sick gym day man... Killer lift, sweet run! ...firing on all cylinders is right!!

Third... Wine is great, I think all alcohol is great really but here are some suggestions... A decent Cabernet Sauvignon with steak med. rare...or a nice slow cooker beef stew in the winter.

A nice Gewurztraminer with some spicy humus and pita bread!

( tried to colour code there, but the white kinda got lost in the background...thus the blue)

But really I find wine to be all about the food pairings, maybe that is me being snobby.. I dont know...

2013-01-07 1:53 PM
in reply to: #4566411

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
justinfss - 2013-01-07 11:23 AM

First off.... I want one, we should see if we can make a mass order and get a deal on them! Seriously...who wants in?

Second....Sick gym day man... Killer lift, sweet run! ...firing on all cylinders is right!!

Third... Wine is great, I think all alcohol is great really but here are some suggestions... A decent Cabernet Sauvignon with steak med. rare...or a nice slow cooker beef stew in the winter.

A nice Gewurztraminer with some spicy humus and pita bread!

( tried to colour code there, but the white kinda got lost in the background...thus the blue)

But really I find wine to be all about the food pairings, maybe that is me being snobby.. I dont know...

I don't own anything like this and think that's a good idea.  Murthful, find out where to order from? 

First off, great w/o and congrats on the new 5K pr.  Justin, good work in the pool.  21o is a good benchmark for this season moving forward.  Thor, I'd expect nothing less out of you.  To all canadians everywhere, and us hockey fans elsewhere, the NHL is back!

I took a sick day from teaching because my house is sick, daughters and wife have the crud.  We got hit with 6" of new snow.  Heavy wet stuff.  A neighbor of mine snowbirds down in New Mexico and left me the snow blower a few days ago.  Man did that come in handy today.  So I thought I'd pay it forward for the 6 neighbors we're close to in the neighborhood and get rid of their snow on their sidewalks and driveways.  I thought how cool would that be if they got home from work and all that dreadful snow was already cleared.  well a few of them were home, and came running out and throwing $'s at me.  I tried to say it's all good, but they both insisted.  apparently it pays to pay it forward. 

Heading to the gym to get in my s/b brick.  8.5 mile run tomorrow.

Also have to decide what kind of beer to drink with the newfound cash, descisions, desicions.

2013-01-07 2:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois

The cycling jersey is from Sugoi; my wife ordered it from Performance Bike.  

From Sugoi:  http://www.sugoi.com/usa/bike/men/jerseys/pint-jersey.html

From Performance:  http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10054_10551_1112690_-1___

From Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Sugoi-57513U-286-P-Mens-Pint-Jersey/dp/B007M7YY10

My wife ordered a small, since she saw that my cycling shorts were a size small, and it doesn't fit at all, so I think the sizes may run small.

Kozy's has XXL in stock too, it seems.  http://kozy.com/product/sugoi-pint-jersey-167164-1.htm?gclid=CLvn5OmG17QCFQsGnQodmk8AZA

-Charles

2013-01-07 2:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

What should my week of the 5k race be like?  My 5k is Jan 19th and I want to make sure I rest as much as is needed.

On a side note...for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a photo.  I see the insert/edit image button but don't have a url for it.  

Thanks

2013-01-07 2:57 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
So I did my 7 weeks of 70 miles a week slow right. Then I jumped into my buddy's Marathon program and he is targeting a 3:21 time so that is a 4:46/km pace. So I did that run on Thursday right and I crushed it right. So I thought I would give the long run a go, which was 2 hours at that 4:46 pace, which of course is slower than the 4:30 interval pace I did on Thursday (4 X 10 minutes). So I was going to do it Saturday so I ran easy on Friday. But Saturday I was sore so no run and put it off to Sunday. Well epic fail on Sunday, hit 4:50 pace for 10 minutes (so less than on thursday). Turned into a long easy run.

Anyways. Lack of rest? Too hard a workout on Thursday.

I am going to give it a try on Wednesday. Just wondering what pace I should aim for. My buddy did the workout on Sunday and ended up around a 5:10 pace, so I am thinking, even though I dusted him on the intervals, I should be a bit slower as I haven't done any M pace work at all. Maybe 5:20 for the first hour and see if I can lower it for the second?
2013-01-07 4:02 PM

User image

Expert

Justin - Nice work in the pool.  You know you are doing what you love when you are able to have fun and unfortunately, fun is such a rare thing to experience as an adult.  Hope you are not too worried about the time.  You'll get that speed back and then some!

Thor - You had a good week of running and I'm glad to hear that you haven't forsaken the sacred elements of swim/bike/run in favor of the beloved rowing machine.  Take it easy and have a great week!  And congrats on hitting 1000 posts!

Edited by Qua17 2013-01-07 4:03 PM
2013-01-07 4:14 PM
in reply to: #4566601

User image

Expert
Burd - 2013-01-07 2:53 PM

What should my week of the 5k race be like?  My 5k is Jan 19th and I want to make sure I rest as much as is needed.

On a side note...for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a photo.  I see the insert/edit image button but don't have a url for it.  

Thanks

Hey Alex - You want to reduce your milage from the previous couple of weeks by a 1/3r to 1/2.  Looking at your training log - you have been getting in about 3 hours of running a week, so I might get in 3 runs of about 30 minutes each and then take a rest day before the race.  Feel free to keep your tempo up during your runs especially early in the week but don't push it.  You want to leave some in the beg for the race.  

As far as the race goes, be sure to start out slow.  I always start too fast and pay for it at the end. 

That's my two cents.  Good luck!

DQ

2013-01-07 4:56 PM
in reply to: #4565443

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Subject: RE: Weekly Goals
thor67 - 2013-01-07 5:55 AM
Wiff - 2013-01-06 9:55 PM
jlangene - 2013-01-06 7:54 PM
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-06 7:36 PM Click the QUOTE (on ours) button in the right hand corner of this post. 
  1. Click on the box to the right of your name
  2. Click the bullet button (right uner the Styles menu)
  3. Unclick the Include Signature box below the message field (not sure if this is necessary)
  4. Click Submit
Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 

kevinbe

Kevin
  •  increase running mileage to 28-30mpw
  • lose 2 lbs currently at 191.4
  • Only earned 1 22 0z. beer next weekend.  I need to make it a good one
  • swim/bike 2 sessions (1200 min swim, 45 min minimum bike)
 thor67 Thor
  •  bike 3 times
  • run 3 times
  • keep losing weight
  • bonus weekend workout. whatever I feel up to!
 SportzVision Cynthia 
  •  Track nutrition - this is a big one; my smart phone is only about a B- and I like the phone apps
  • Follow my plan (that means planning my week, my days, and my time; I like to fly by the seat of my pants)
  • Train, work, live with a pleasant face (Not hard but sometimes I forget)
 Wiff Kim
  • Get in all scheduled workouts, if I can't run - do something else
  • Do a yoga DVD
  • Keep up the water and down the Diet Coke
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Tuesday - 30 min jog
  • Wednesday - Gym Brick
  • Thursday - 60 min jog
  • Friday - Bike 10 miles
  • Saturday - 1:15 jog
  • Sunday - Bike 15 miles
  • keep trying to improve cadence and keep on track with diet plan
mirthfuldragon Charles 
  • Get a 9 mile run in.
  • Get back on track with nutrition.  (There's a theme here).
Burd Alex 
  • Run 3x, 1 long 2 normal
  • 3x sessions with Nike+ Kinect
  • CONQUER THE FACE IN WATER!
Yakhead  Ian Start 5 k training, and spin on spin bike on opposite days.
 bobddsmd  Bobby Taper week. Decrease food. drop 1lb. veg/fruit juice daily. decrease use of zoomers in water
 Cassady Doug Bike, run, swim 2 hours each. Weigh no more than 292 by 1/13.
 lp3510 Lenny 
 justinfss Justin
  •  Get into the pool twice this week
  • Get in two Spin sessions
  • Lose at least 2 lbs (235.6 today)
  • keep up paleo one month kickstart
  • 3 Runs
  firefighter Taj
  •  Get 5k under 20
  • Get 10k pace to 7:55
  • Actually get in a pool
  • More seat time on the trainer
 snarky Elizabeth
  • Swim - 3X
  • Cycle - 3X
  • keep tracking calories - drink water!!
  • hip stretches 
  • take the hip out for a test drive
DBrew99 Dan 
BigDH Darren/DH 
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Complete 2 yoga sessions and try a session at the Y on Tuesday
  • Lose 1 LB and record calories daily
  • Stretch for 2 hours and ice 3x
  • Work hard in my workouts while avoiding injury
  • Support my fellow Bter's 

2013-01-07 6:33 PM

User image

Youngsville
What's the minimum amount of time to put in on the bike to make an effective brick set?  I'm asking because I'm so pressed for time that I'll normally put in about 10 miles or so and then run a 5k or 10k if possible.  Is this enough to make a difference or should I devote that entire time to one leg...I'm kind of lost.
2013-01-07 7:55 PM
in reply to: #4566951

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada

firefighter - 2013-01-07 9:33 AM What's the minimum amount of time to put in on the bike to make an effective brick set?  I'm asking because I'm so pressed for time that I'll normally put in about 10 miles or so and then run a 5k or 10k if possible.  Is this enough to make a difference or should I devote that entire time to one leg...I'm kind of lost.

I think mainly it is to practice the switch and get use to the feeling in your legs, IMHO I would do a longer bike onto a shorter run. Or vice versa...a quick spin onto a long run.

2013-01-07 7:59 PM
in reply to: #4566728

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Qua17 - 2013-01-07 7:02 AM

Justin - Nice work in the pool.  You know you are doing what you love when you are able to have fun and unfortunately, fun is such a rare thing to experience as an adult.  Hope you are not too worried about the time.  You'll get that speed back and then some!

Thor - You had a good week of running and I'm glad to hear that you haven't forsaken the sacred elements of swim/bike/run in favor of the beloved rowing machine.  Take it easy and have a great week!  And congrats on hitting 1000 posts!

Not worried at all about the time, I used to be happy anywhere south of 20 minutes for 1000m, just feels good to be back in the water, and I am looking forward to getting the speed and endurance back.

2013-01-07 8:08 PM
in reply to: #4566613

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

BigDH - 2013-01-07 12:57 PM So I did my 7 weeks of 70 miles a week slow right. Then I jumped into my buddy's Marathon program and he is targeting a 3:21 time so that is a 4:46/km pace. So I did that run on Thursday right and I crushed it right. So I thought I would give the long run a go, which was 2 hours at that 4:46 pace, which of course is slower than the 4:30 interval pace I did on Thursday (4 X 10 minutes). So I was going to do it Saturday so I ran easy on Friday. But Saturday I was sore so no run and put it off to Sunday. Well epic fail on Sunday, hit 4:50 pace for 10 minutes (so less than on thursday). Turned into a long easy run. Anyways. Lack of rest? Too hard a workout on Thursday. I am going to give it a try on Wednesday. Just wondering what pace I should aim for. My buddy did the workout on Sunday and ended up around a 5:10 pace, so I am thinking, even though I dusted him on the intervals, I should be a bit slower as I haven't done any M pace work at all. Maybe 5:20 for the first hour and see if I can lower it for the second?

Is that a reverse split DH?  That'd be a good way to approach that, holding back slightly on the first half, then pushing it to try to match or even go better on the second. 

I find when I run a 10K all out, I am sore and tired for a good half week later.  My workouts are never any good for the following 2-3 runs as I'm just exhausted feeling.  Something about running at top of threshold for an extended period.  My body just won't let me go there more than 1x a week, and usually need 2 weeks inbetween on longer efforts at top pace (10K for me)  Long story, it's probably completely normal to be fatigued like that after that kind of effort.

2013-01-07 8:23 PM
in reply to: #4566951

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

firefighter - 2013-01-07 4:33 PM What's the minimum amount of time to put in on the bike to make an effective brick set?  I'm asking because I'm so pressed for time that I'll normally put in about 10 miles or so and then run a 5k or 10k if possible.  Is this enough to make a difference or should I devote that entire time to one leg...I'm kind of lost.

I'd focus on just the one for now unless you have an event coming up or in the near future.  Like Justin said, it's good to get a feel for your legs after a long bike with a short run relative to the event your doing, but if your event is not till way off...

I end up cycling and running due to time constraints some times, but much rather due swim to bike during my normal workout weeks.  Your good plan will have considerations built into it for brick workouts, or you can sure add them as you get closer to your event.  Hope that helps.

2013-01-07 8:27 PM
in reply to: #4549028

User image

Regular
Ballston Spa
Cassady - 2012-12-26 8:12 PM

I'm setting a goal of getting down to 280lbs by end of January.  Have a  35 days to lose 19lbs. Should be a fun chase.

Update on weight - just weighed in at 293- 6lbs lost- 13lbs to go and have 24 days left. Laughing

2013-01-07 8:36 PM
in reply to: #4567105

User image

Expert
Cassady - 2013-01-07 8:27 PM
Cassady - 2012-12-26 8:12 PM

I'm setting a goal of getting down to 280lbs by end of January.  Have a  35 days to lose 19lbs. Should be a fun chase.

Update on weight - just weighed in at 293- 6lbs lost- 13lbs to go and have 24 days left. Laughing

Doug - Great job on the weight loss!  You can do it!

2013-01-07 8:48 PM

User image

Expert

Evening Y'all.  Im sitting here watching the Tide put a wooping on Notre Dame.  I've gotta go to bed before too long but I hope the Tide puts it out of reach before I turn off the light.

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna be do a unique brick - First, I will swim 800 and then I'm gonna do a Yoga class at the Y.  Should be interesting!  With the game, its gonna be rough getting out of the rack (especially to do yoga) so I'm gonna have to need the power of a warm coors light.  If I don't make it happen - warm coors light for dinner tomorrow.

With that - going to bed. Roll Tide Roll

2013-01-07 9:30 PM
in reply to: #4566468

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
kevinbe - 2013-01-07 4:53 AM
justinfss - 2013-01-07 11:23 AM

I don't own anything like this and think that's a good idea.  Murthful, find out where to order from? 

First off, great w/o and congrats on the new 5K pr.  Justin, good work in the pool.  21o is a good benchmark for this season moving forward.  Thor, I'd expect nothing less out of you.  To all canadians everywhere, and us hockey fans elsewhere, the NHL is back!

I took a sick day from teaching because my house is sick, daughters and wife have the crud.  We got hit with 6" of new snow.  Heavy wet stuff.  A neighbor of mine snowbirds down in New Mexico and left me the snow blower a few days ago.  Man did that come in handy today.  So I thought I'd pay it forward for the 6 neighbors we're close to in the neighborhood and get rid of their snow on their sidewalks and driveways.  I thought how cool would that be if they got home from work and all that dreadful snow was already cleared.  well a few of them were home, and came running out and throwing $'s at me.  I tried to say it's all good, but they both insisted.  apparently it pays to pay it forward. 

Heading to the gym to get in my s/b brick.  8.5 mile run tomorrow.

Also have to decide what kind of beer to drink with the newfound cash, descisions, desicions.

Who do you root for in the NHL Kevin? Might be able to get some smack talk going on here...

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  

of 97