of 40

2016-02-19 10:57 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Trump
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn On a serious note, the fact that Trump can't seem to absorb even the slightest negative comment or criticism from anyone--media, another candidate, a random celebrity, and now the pope, without having to go into an angry rant doesn't bode well for his career as a statesman.

You guys just don't get his support do you?

Oh, no, I totally get it. I didn't say that I thought this would weaken his support in the least. His supporters have made it pretty clear what they like about him and he's no fool-- he's going to keep throwing his middle fingers in the air to anyone who challenges him and his fans will continue to lap it up.

What I'm saying is that, whether he likes it or not, politics is about compromise (I know this to be the case, because the GOP says it all the time, usually when they're complaining about the fact that the current president "refuses to work with" the most obstructive and unproductive congress in history). If every time anyone says anything to him he doesn't like, (and, let's be honest-- he's actually not much of a Christian, so it's not even like it was a harsh criticism), he's going to go off on this angry babbling diatribe, he's going to have a hard time getting anything done.

How about just being the bigger person for once and ignoring criticism? Where does it say that the only two options are "angry rant" and "knuckling under"? If he's elected president, he's going to get criticized from every direction, every single day, by everyone. Does he really think he can govern effectively if he feels as though he has to have an individual response to everything bad anyone says about him?

2016-02-19 1:53 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn On a serious note, the fact that Trump can't seem to absorb even the slightest negative comment or criticism from anyone--media, another candidate, a random celebrity, and now the pope, without having to go into an angry rant doesn't bode well for his career as a statesman.

idiots of the world (the pope is one of them)

Oh no you didn't........you're gonna need to change out the tinfoil for ballistic kevlar.  HAHAHAHA!!!! 

2016-02-19 2:04 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Oh, no, I totally get it. I didn't say that I thought this would weaken his support in the least. His supporters have made it pretty clear what they like about him and he's no fool-- he's going to keep throwing his middle fingers in the air to anyone who challenges him and his fans will continue to lap it up. What I'm saying is that, whether he likes it or not, politics is about compromise (I know this to be the case, because the GOP says it all the time, usually when they're complaining about the fact that the current president "refuses to work with" the most obstructive and unproductive congress in history). If every time anyone says anything to him he doesn't like, (and, let's be honest-- he's actually not much of a Christian, so it's not even like it was a harsh criticism), he's going to go off on this angry babbling diatribe, he's going to have a hard time getting anything done. How about just being the bigger person for once and ignoring criticism? Where does it say that the only two options are "angry rant" and "knuckling under"? If he's elected president, he's going to get criticized from every direction, every single day, by everyone. Does he really think he can govern effectively if he feels as though he has to have an individual response to everything bad anyone says about him?

I do agree that politics is about compromise, and it's about time the rest of the world begins it.  We've been compromising for decades to the point of it destroying our economy.  So yes, I do look forward to more compromise with Trump.  

When you think of the great leaders throughout history, it wasn't because they were weak and civil, it was because they dared to stand up to the status quo and change the direction.  The more he fights back, the more I believe he will impact true change.  If he gets in the white house and "compromises" by signing trillion dollar bloat filled budgets to "get along" then he will be a total failure IMHO.

2016-02-19 5:02 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Oh, no, I totally get it. I didn't say that I thought this would weaken his support in the least. His supporters have made it pretty clear what they like about him and he's no fool-- he's going to keep throwing his middle fingers in the air to anyone who challenges him and his fans will continue to lap it up. What I'm saying is that, whether he likes it or not, politics is about compromise (I know this to be the case, because the GOP says it all the time, usually when they're complaining about the fact that the current president "refuses to work with" the most obstructive and unproductive congress in history). If every time anyone says anything to him he doesn't like, (and, let's be honest-- he's actually not much of a Christian, so it's not even like it was a harsh criticism), he's going to go off on this angry babbling diatribe, he's going to have a hard time getting anything done. How about just being the bigger person for once and ignoring criticism? Where does it say that the only two options are "angry rant" and "knuckling under"? If he's elected president, he's going to get criticized from every direction, every single day, by everyone. Does he really think he can govern effectively if he feels as though he has to have an individual response to everything bad anyone says about him?

We've been compromising for decades to the point of it destroying our economy.

When you think of the great leaders throughout history, it wasn't because they were weak and civil, it was because they dared to stand up to the status quo and change the direction.

Can you give a couple of examples of what you mean about our compromising has ruined our economy? And who are some of the leaders you admire who fit your description here?
2016-02-19 5:39 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

We've been compromising for decades to the point of it destroying our economy.

When you think of the great leaders throughout history, it wasn't because they were weak and civil, it was because they dared to stand up to the status quo and change the direction.

Can you give a couple of examples of what you mean about our compromising has ruined our economy? And who are some of the leaders you admire who fit your description here?

Allowing foreign countries to charge tariffs on imported goods from the US and negotiating so that we charged zero tariffs for products purchased from them.  Hence, millions of jobs outsourced overseas so we can buy all our cheap plastic crap from China.  Free trade is great when it's truly free, because we sell stuff to them as much as they sell stuff to us and it works out very efficiently.  However, when our elected officials negotiate (aka compromise) trade agreements that are not fare or free our economy suffers.  The reason we're in debt to China is because we've allowed their economy to prosper while ours has gone hopelessly in debt.

I wish I had an example of a good leader, but I got nothing in my lifetime.

2016-02-20 9:46 AM
in reply to: #5138650

User image

Extreme Veteran
If you can't come up with an example in your lifetime- are your expectations realistic?

I honestly think the bar that people expect a fellow human to perform to is part of the problem with politics today. All of the things we are grappling with are serious, hard problems. No one has the solution because the problem is constantly evolving.

We are looking for someone to fix the problems and I think anyone who claims they can fix these problems either doesn't fully understand them or is lying (or is a total nut job who doesn't understand their personal power in the universe).

2016-02-20 1:04 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Moonrocket

If you can't come up with an example in your lifetime- are your expectations realistic?

I honestly think the bar that people expect a fellow human to perform to is part of the problem with politics today. All of the things we are grappling with are serious, hard problems. No one has the solution because the problem is constantly evolving.

We are looking for someone to fix the problems and I think anyone who claims they can fix these problems either doesn't fully understand them or is lying (or is a total nut job who doesn't understand their personal power in the universe).

Great point. My impression of many of the people I see who are supporting Trump is that they are looking for a savior, not a President.
2016-02-20 3:37 PM

New user

Great point. My impression of many of the people I see who are supporting Trump is that they are looking for a savior, not a President.

Sort of like those who blindly supported Obama.

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008.

2016-02-20 4:54 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Elite
Originally posted by NXS

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Wonderful words, thanks for posting. The neat thing is, I love the words, and don't blindly follow anyone or anything.
Considering he had an opposition dead-set on making him fail, to think we will look back at this president getting us out of the biggest hole since the Great Depression, establishing healthcare reform that has insured millions of previously uninsured citizens, recognizing the marriage rights of every American straight or gay, and, well you know the rest, I think it's pretty impressive.

2016-02-20 5:07 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by NXS

Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008

But but but OBAMAAAAAAAAAA!! LOL.

DId you miss my post a couple of weeks ago where I said we can all just assume that "but but but Obamaaaa!" is the response to everything I post about any republican candidate?

Want me to go back and post quotes from GOP presidents' nomination victory speeches too? Spoiler alert: I bet they're inspirational too. .

Here's the difference: Trump is solidly, decisively, explicitly about "us vs them". "I am going to save you from the foreign people who want to rape and murder you, the poor people who want to steal your hard earned wages, and restore you the the place of privilege that you have always held in America and to which you beleive you are entitled." That, in effect, is his platform. He hasn't even been that subtle about it. Obama's speech, on the other hand, is entirely about "us". There is no implied enemy, no blame is placed on greedy bankers or the 1% or the insurance industry or whoever. It is about coming together. Trump is about divisiveness and fear. Did you hear his latest lie about using pig-blood-dipped bullets to kill Muslims? Look it up. I wish I was kidding.

And I think we can be pretty sure that we'll never hear Trump saying "I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations."
2016-02-20 5:52 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

New user
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by NXS

Wonderful words, thanks for posting. The neat thing is, I love the words, and don't blindly follow anyone or anything.
Considering he had an opposition dead-set on making him fail, to think we will look back at this president getting us out of the biggest hole since the Great Depression, establishing healthcare reform that has insured millions of previously uninsured citizens, recognizing the marriage rights of every American straight or gay, and, well you know the rest, I think it's pretty impressive.

The rest is impressive. Forty six million people on food stamps. Higher health insurance premiums. Still waiting for my 2500 dollar savings for health insurance. Oh wait, I lost mine, it didn't qualify. Three fourths of all military deaths in Afghanistan under Obama. Droning of a US citizen. EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS IN INCREASED DEBT. Support of the Muslim Brotherhood. And according to numerous surveys, race relations at a lower point than when he took office.

As far as the speech, words, empty words from the empty suit that spoke them.

2016-02-21 4:59 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by NXS
Originally posted by Moonrocket If you can't come up with an example in your lifetime- are your expectations realistic? I honestly think the bar that people expect a fellow human to perform to is part of the problem with politics today. All of the things we are grappling with are serious, hard problems. No one has the solution because the problem is constantly evolving. We are looking for someone to fix the problems and I think anyone who claims they can fix these problems either doesn't fully understand them or is lying (or is a total nut job who doesn't understand their personal power in the universe).
Sort of like those who blindly supported Obama. The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America. Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008.
Wonderful words, thanks for posting. The neat thing is, I love the words, and don't blindly follow anyone or anything. Considering he had an opposition dead-set on making him fail, to think we will look back at this president getting us out of the biggest hole since the Great Depression, establishing healthcare reform that has insured millions of previously uninsured citizens, recognizing the marriage rights of every American straight or gay, and, well you know the rest, I think it's pretty impressive.

And how did he do that?  He kept the Bush QE in place to pull us out of the "great depression".  In other words he printed money and gave it to big banks to trump up the stock market.  That's it.  The economy has yet to recover, but it looks pretty on paper.  I blame Bush for starting the ridiculous QE and I blame Obama for continuing it.  The economy should have been allowed to truly fail so that the bad apples (cough cough big banks and wall street) could have been pruned back to a sane level.  However, that wasn't allowed to happen.

The ACA is a complete joke and it's going to be repealed as soon as Trump wins because there was zero support from the Republicans and a majority opposition nationally.  That's not much of a legacy to hang a hat on.

As for the gay marriage, I'm unaware of any legislation that Obama signed towards that.  Giving him credit for a Supreme Court ruling on a constitutional issue is a bit of a stretch.
Here's some quotes from the great gay rights fighter in 2004:
“I have been very clear on this, I have said I am not a supporter of gay marriage.  I think the term marriage itself has strong religious roots and a strong tradition that means something special to people in this country" - Obama Springfield, IL campaign event 2004

Obama has been extremely divisive because our politics are quite frankly much further divided.  We're more divided at every level of government and we're more divided as people.  Race relations are worse than they've ever been in my lifetime and there's been an entirely new divisive war created on class boundaries.

I know you love Obama, but seriously the guy is a disaster (said in Trump voice).

2016-02-21 5:01 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by NXS
Originally posted by Moonrocket If you can't come up with an example in your lifetime- are your expectations realistic? I honestly think the bar that people expect a fellow human to perform to is part of the problem with politics today. All of the things we are grappling with are serious, hard problems. No one has the solution because the problem is constantly evolving. We are looking for someone to fix the problems and I think anyone who claims they can fix these problems either doesn't fully understand them or is lying (or is a total nut job who doesn't understand their personal power in the universe).
Sort of like those who blindly supported Obama. The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America. Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008
But but but OBAMAAAAAAAAAA!! LOL. DId you miss my post a couple of weeks ago where I said we can all just assume that "but but but Obamaaaa!" is the response to everything I post about any republican candidate? Want me to go back and post quotes from GOP presidents' nomination victory speeches too? Spoiler alert: I bet they're inspirational too. . Here's the difference: Trump is solidly, decisively, explicitly about "us vs them". "I am going to save you from the foreign people who want to rape and murder you, the poor people who want to steal your hard earned wages, and restore you the the place of privilege that you have always held in America and to which you beleive you are entitled." That, in effect, is his platform. He hasn't even been that subtle about it. Obama's speech, on the other hand, is entirely about "us". There is no implied enemy, no blame is placed on greedy bankers or the 1% or the insurance industry or whoever. It is about coming together. Trump is about divisiveness and fear. Did you hear his latest lie about using pig-blood-dipped bullets to kill Muslims? Look it up. I wish I was kidding. And I think we can be pretty sure that we'll never hear Trump saying "I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations."

Here's the catch.  Obama gives a speech talking about "us" but it's all lies, but behind closed doors he is hard core divisive and fear.  If you sit and listen to his divisive rhetoric about the rich I can't see how you can say he's for "us".  Last I checked the rich were part of us.

2016-02-21 5:04 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Is our country headed in the right direction or the wrong direction?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

63% of the country, that's a strong majority feel we're heading in the wrong direction.  Our country needs saved from people like Obama and the Democrats, so in a sense you are correct.

I personally just want somebody to come in and wreck shop on the corruption, but I know that it's likely a dream even with Trump.  He'll go much farther than anyone else, so that's why I still prefer him.

2016-02-23 9:44 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Trump staring in Game of Thrones is just brilliant. 

Winter is Trumping

2016-02-23 9:48 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

63% of the country, that's a strong majority feel we're heading in the wrong direction.  Our country needs saved from people like Obama and the Democrats, so in a sense you are correct.

I personally just want somebody to come in and wreck shop on the corruption, but I know that it's likely a dream even with Trump.  He'll go much farther than anyone else, so that's why I still prefer him.

And from the party that has controlled the congress for the past 6 years, don't forget about them...

2016-02-23 9:59 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Winter is Trumping

That's awesome!

2016-02-23 10:08 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Winter is Trumping

agree, I was amazed at the quality of the production as much as the humor in it.  well done

2016-02-23 12:51 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Originally posted by ejshowers

And from the party that has controlled the congress for the past 6 years, don't forget about them...

And that's the thing, the exact thing why Trump is doing so well, neither the Republicans or the Democrats give a rats axx about the country or the average person. They only care about the power and money they control, they take in million in donations and in return hand out billions of our tax dollars As a thank you.

Trump has marketed himself as an anti establishment guy, the people who are voting for him in large part, are really voting against the establishment and/or the status quo. 

I personally am in favor of someone that the D's & R's both are against.

2016-02-24 8:01 AM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Buttercup

It seems to me the people who are flush in the cheeks for Trump want simple answers. They don't want complexity or nuance. Simple, easy. Just listen to the 3rd grade level speeches that Trump delivers. Very, very good. Very, very bad. Now he wants to punch people in the face (but at least he's no longer talking about randomly shooting people on 5th Avenue). People like violence because it feels good. He evokes those good (but adverse) feelings with his rhetoric.

2016-02-24 9:00 AM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Somebody posted this on FB and I thought it really captured a lot of my thoughts on Trump.
I don't know if it's properly attributed to the Massie guy or not, I'm just posting it as it was on FB.

Trump Is Not Conservative, He’s A Pragmatist
By Mychal Massie on January 19, 2016 in Daily Rant, Race & Politics 5

We recently enjoyed a belated holiday dinner with friends at the home of other friends. The dinner conversation was jocund, ranging from discussions about antique glass and china to theology and politics. At one point reference was made to Donald Trump being a conservative to which I responded that Trump is not a conservative.

I said that I neither view nor do I believe Trump views himself as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of myself.

Viewing problems from a liberal perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more government, more political correctness, and more attacks on the working class in all economic strata.

Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative perspective has brought continued spending, globalism to the detriment of American interests and well being, denial of what the real problems are, weak, ineffective, milquetoast, leadership that amounts to Barney Fife Deputy Sheriff – appeasement oriented and afraid of its own shadow. In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a mascot juxtaposed to the of the Democrat Party.

Immigration isn’t a Republican problem – it isn’t a liberal problem – it is a problem that threatens the very fabric and infrastructure of America. It demands a pragmatic approach not an approach that is intended to appease one group or another.

The impending collapse of the economy isn’t a liberal or conservative problem it is an American problem. That said, until it is viewed as a problem that demands a common sense approach to resolution, it will never be fixed because the Democrats and Republicans know only one way to fix things and the longevity of their impracticality has proven to have no lasting effect. Successful businessmen like Donald Trump find ways to make things work, they do not promise to accommodate.

Trump uniquely understands that China’s manipulation of currency is not a Republican problem or a Democrat problem. It is a problem that threatens our financial stability and he understands the proper balance needed to fix it. Here again successful businessmen like Trump who have weathered the changing tides of economic reality understand what is necessary to make business work and they, unlike both sides of the political aisle, know that if something doesn’t work you don’t continue trying to make it work hoping that at some point it will.

As a pragmatist Donald Trump hasn’t made wild pie-in-the-sky promises of a cell phone in every pocket, free college tuition, and a $15 hour minimum wage for working the drive-through a Carl’s Hamburgers.

I argue that America needs pragmatists because pragmatists see a problem and find ways to fix them. They do not see a problem and compound it by creating more problems.

You may not like Donald Trump but I suspect that the reason people do not like him is because: 1) he is antithetical to the “good old boy” method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of politicians; 2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who own them vis-a`-vis donations; 3) he is someone who is free of idiomatic political ideology; and 4) he is someone who understands that it takes more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America great again.

Listening to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders talk about fixing America is like listening to two lunatics trying to “out crazy” one another. Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio are owned lock, stock, and barrel by the bankers, corporations, and big dollar donors funding their campaigns. Bush can deny it but common sense tells anyone willing to face facts that people don’t give tens of millions without expecting something in return.

We have had Democrats and Republican ideologues and what has it brought us? Are we better off today or worst off? Has it happened overnight or has it been a steady decline brought on by both parties?

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now. And as I said earlier, a pragmatist sees a problem and understands that the solution to fix same is not about a party, but a willingness and boldness to get it done.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common among those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure. Be sure to register Republican. Feel free to copy and paste. Go Donald Trump for President

2016-02-24 9:24 AM

User image

Pro

If it's Hillary v. Trump in the general election.......I believe Trump will be unstoppable.  I have to admit.....I'm going to enjoy the looks on the faces of lots of those hopey changey types.  LOL

2016-02-24 9:40 AM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Originally posted by Renee
It seems to me the people who are flush in the cheeks for Trump want simple answers. They don't want complexity or nuance. Simple, easy. Just listen to the 3rd grade level speeches that Trump delivers. Very, very good. Very, very bad. Now he wants to punch people in the face (but at least he's no longer talking about randomly shooting people on 5th Avenue). People like violence because it feels good. He evokes those good (but adverse) feelings with his rhetoric.

i think they feel he gives them hope and if he's elected there will be change. :-)

The majority, imo arent necessarily "flush in the cheeks" for Trump or getting tingles running down their legs like some reporters did for the current POTUS. They aref disgusted with what both the R's & D's have done over the last couple of decades. 

Trump knows that if the media is covering his controversial comments and actions they aren't saying anything about his competitors. There is no bad publicity. 

2016-02-24 9:50 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

If it's Hillary v. Trump in the general election.......I believe Trump will be unstoppable.  I have to admit.....I'm going to enjoy the looks on the faces of lots of those hopey changey types.  LOL

Really curious as to what logical reasoning, data, or analysis leads you to this conclusion, or is just gut feel or some anecdotal evidence that you have observed?
2016-02-24 10:00 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers

Really curious as to what logical reasoning, data, or analysis leads you to this conclusion, or is just gut feel or some anecdotal evidence that you have observed?

Yeah, that's all.  Hell, my 83 year old mother-in-law......an avowed Democrat and two term President Obama voter has declared she will vote for Trump.....she's disillusioned and sick of both parties.  The new voters that I've talked with (my son's friends) are firmly in the Trump camp.....ESPECIALLY if Hillary is the other choice.

In general, I just sense a backlash from all of the constant protest movements, the crazy arse media,  etc.  People are just fed up with constantly being told they are the problem when they are just trying to live their lives.  I think you will see quite a bit of a "spite" vote. 

Of course.....it all depends on who actually comes out to vote.  Maybe being mad and sick and tired of all the usual shenanigans won't be enough of a motivator to come off the couch.....time will tell.  I just think it's absolutely foolish to think that goofball doesn't have a chance........he has quite a bit more then that IMO.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-02-24 10:02 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40