BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2012-05-25 3:05 PM
in reply to: #4212573

User image

England
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod

Flying post.

Yes i am going to get wet this weekend, just to get you whingers off my back!

2012-05-25 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4229253

User image

Master
Central Kansas
TriAya - 2012-05-25 12:24 PM

I'm not sure why, but all week I have been missing a friend of mine terribly. I think it was because he (over and above everyone else) always made a huge deal out of my birthdays, and this is the first birthday I've had without him ... I mean, he lived in LA so he wasn't HERE for my last two birthdays, but he sure made a big deal of it online and on the phone anyway.

He was always a tremendous support for me regarding issues with my parents, since he'd been through the same with his. And was simply just a very wise, insanely funny soul who kind of adopted me when I was a lost cause.

If you've ever watched TV, you've seen him. He was one of Hollywood's best-known bit-part and character actors.

ALAN FUDGE

I called him Fudgie and Prime Piglet and he thought melon presses were the second-most wonderful thing in the world. The first most wonderful thing, he thought, and him alone (perhaps another reason I was so charmed by him) was my voice. We had coffee together every Monday evening and he would cajole me into reading to him every time possible. He would invite his friends and make me read to them. He would grab random strangers to join us and make me read to him.

Coming from him, of all people, of course I was extremely flattered. I think there was just something in the vibration of my voice that matched one of his soul strings.

I think he's having a party up there somewhere, telling the most awful and slightly (who am I kidding, heavily) offensive jokes ever, and rescuing lost piglets in the afterlife who never did quite find their way in this world.

This was one of his last messages to me, to give you an idea of how irreverent he was ... about everything ... including his imminent passing.

Aww. Porcinity ! Living in high sty ! Oink if you love Yanti !
Prime Piglet ? Whatever happened to "over the hill and gone piglet?" Piglet a la Bali ? Would a restaurant specializing in pork dishes be the "Oink Joint"? It's way too early for me to be going on this way. I'm going to let the folks know what we're missing by not having you here. Somehow it just ain't fair! Have a wonderful day. God bless. Someday soon I'll be in the Sty in the Sky ... wait a minute, it's warmer here than I thought it would be, I'm bacon .... Love always, Alan

I have pictures with him but they're all on my old computer in Bali.

And he's from Wichita, so he must be amazing. :-)

I'm sorry you're missing your friend.

(And now, I wish I could hear you read. I'm a sucker for great voices.)

2012-05-25 3:23 PM
in reply to: #4229508

User image

Master
Central Kansas
melbo55 - 2012-05-25 2:06 PM

I thoroughly (and enviously) enjoy watching good runners run with their nice body positioning, gentle footfall and graceful stride and not looking and sounding and breathing like an elephant racing through the savanah.  It truly is a thing of beauty!

Have you been spying on me???

I know what you mean though, I love watching graceful runners run. It is one of the most beautiful things in the word. Of course, I feel similarly about swift swimmers, and smooth cyclists.

Edited by KansasMom 2012-05-25 3:23 PM
2012-05-25 3:29 PM
in reply to: #4229625

User image

Master
KansasMom - 2012-05-25 1:18 PM

I'm not sure why, but all week I have been missing a friend of mine terribly. I think it was because he (over and above everyone else) always made a huge deal out of my birthdays, and this is the first birthday I've had without him ... I mean, he lived in LA so he wasn't HERE for my last two birthdays, but he sure made a big deal of it online and on the phone anyway.

He was always a tremendous support for me regarding issues with my parents, since he'd been through the same with his. And was simply just a very wise, insanely funny soul who kind of adopted me when I was a lost cause.

If you've ever watched TV, you've seen him. He was one of Hollywood's best-known bit-part and character actors.

ALAN FUDGE

I called him Fudgie and Prime Piglet and he thought melon presses were the second-most wonderful thing in the world. The first most wonderful thing, he thought, and him alone (perhaps another reason I was so charmed by him) was my voice. We had coffee together every Monday evening and he would cajole me into reading to him every time possible. He would invite his friends and make me read to them. He would grab random strangers to join us and make me read to him.

Coming from him, of all people, of course I was extremely flattered. I think there was just something in the vibration of my voice that matched one of his soul strings.

I think he's having a party up there somewhere, telling the most awful and slightly (who am I kidding, heavily) offensive jokes ever, and rescuing lost piglets in the afterlife who never did quite find their way in this world.

This was one of his last messages to me, to give you an idea of how irreverent he was ... about everything ... including his imminent passing.

Prime Piglet ? Whatever happened to "over the hill and gone piglet?" Piglet a la Bali ? Would a restaurant specializing in pork dishes be the "Oink Joint"? It's way too early for me to be going on this way. I'm going to let the folks know what we're missing by not having you here. Somehow it just ain't fair! Have a wonderful day. God bless. Someday soon I'll be in the Sty in the Sky ... wait a minute, it's warmer here than I thought it would be, I'm bacon .... Love always, Alan

I'm sorry you are missing your friend too, Yanti.  You are dealing with a lot of loss recently.

Since you asked, Felicia, here you go:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1404

Smooooooooooth

Edited by bcraht 2012-05-25 3:31 PM
2012-05-25 3:39 PM
in reply to: #4229641

User image

Seattle
bcraht - 2012-05-25 3:29 PM

ALAN FUDGE

I'm sorry you are missing your friend too, Yanti.  You are dealing with a lot of loss recently.

Smooooooooooth

Uh, holy-sexy! Thanks for that, oh yeah, and thank YOU Yanti Sealed

BTW, Kirsten, do you ever venture down here for hockey?

2012-05-25 3:47 PM
in reply to: #4229656

User image

Master
Asalzwed - 2012-05-25 1:39 PM

ALAN FUDGE

Smooooooooooth

Uh, holy-sexy! Thanks for that, oh yeah, and thank YOU Yanti Sealed

BTW, Kirsten, do you ever venture down here for hockey?

Haven't to this point--why d'ya need a spare?  Laughing Are you as good at hockey as y'are at running?  Cause if so, I'm not getting on the ice with you, you'd school me Surprised

2012-05-25 3:48 PM

User image

Seattle
I only play EVERY now and again as a pick up in tournaments with old teammates and whatnot. We should play some time! It doesn't matter whom schools whom if we are on the same team! 
2012-05-25 4:00 PM
in reply to: #4229676

User image

Master

Asalzwed - 2012-05-25 1:48 PM I only play EVERY now and again as a pick up in tournaments with old teammates and whatnot. We should play some time! It doesn't matter whom schools whom if we are on the same team! 

Sure, I'm game.  Let me know when the opportunity comes up. 

Has Allen met his goal for insults yet?  Cause I'm sure there is one in that first sentence... (ONLY cause I want the Manatees to win!)

2012-05-25 4:03 PM
in reply to: #4229698

User image

Seattle
bcraht - 2012-05-25 4:00 PM

Asalzwed - 2012-05-25 1:48 PM I only play EVERY now and again as a pick up in tournaments with old teammates and whatnot. We should play some time! It doesn't matter whom schools whom if we are on the same team! 

Sure, I'm game.  Let me know when the opportunity comes up. 

Has Allen met his goal for insults yet?  Cause I'm sure there is one in that first sentence... (ONLY cause I want the Manatees to win!)

Shhhhh he's met his quota and my ego can't take any more Wink

2012-05-25 4:20 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Smooooooooooth

OMG!!! I love Endurance Planet. I listen to their podcasts every week. And Yanti was on there!!! WOW.

Your voice is so calming. I love it. You could read to me anytime.

2012-05-25 6:29 PM
in reply to: #4229633

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
KansasMom - 2012-05-25 2:23 PM
melbo55 - 2012-05-25 2:06 PM

I thoroughly (and enviously) enjoy watching good runners run with their nice body positioning, gentle footfall and graceful stride and not looking and sounding and breathing like an elephant racing through the savanah.  It truly is a thing of beauty!

Have you been spying on me???

I know what you mean though, I love watching graceful runners run. It is one of the most beautiful things in the word. Of course, I feel similarly about swift swimmers, and smooth cyclists.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm definitely the poster child for "if I can do it anyone can".

2012-05-25 6:41 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
bcraht - 2012-05-25 2:29 PM

ALAN FUDGE

Smooooooooooth

Thanks for posting that link!

Yanti, I'm sorry you are missing your friend. It was nice to listen to that podcast and hear your voice.  Now I can truly hear your voice coaching me in my head. Such a pleasant, calming voice. Perfect for swim coaching.

2012-05-26 2:09 AM

User image

Elite

Sorry you're missing your friend Yanti....that's so sad.

Talking of sad, spent most of the day in tears - just emotional for no real reason!  Feel better for a good cry though.

Now got a cough - grrr, got Monday off so may just go to dr make sure there isn't any infection get some antibiotics if necessary.  I ran a half marathon with a cough once, threw up the whole 21km, not fun at all.

2012-05-26 6:05 AM

User image

Melon Presser
There's a page/app on Facebook that I like a lot ... you'll understand when you see the name. Anyhow, I thought this was excellent advice for a holiday weekend ... and whenever.

(FitPiglet.holiday.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
FitPiglet.holiday.jpg (20KB - 9 downloads)
2012-05-26 8:05 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina

It says nothing negative about beer which is good for a holiday weekend so I approve!  Working an odd schedule this weekend, worked till 3am last night and back to work already and get to do the dayshift thing all weekend.

Good Luck to all of our racers this weekend!!!

2012-05-26 8:19 AM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

minor interruption: 

Okay, back to your regular posts...(sorry YantiLaughing

2012-05-26 8:42 AM

User image

Melon Presser

I keep bouncing between revulsion and kind of liking it, Kate.

Nice shading. Important for any tattoo, but especially a gecko, because they are frequently drawn to the light ... that's where the insects be.

2012-05-26 8:50 AM
in reply to: #4229411

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
jmkizer - 2012-05-25 2:30 PM 

or Darling.  or D*mn. 

DD - darling daughter

DS - darling son

DW - darling wife

DH - darling husband

SO - Significant Other

Exactly! Love that I'm not the only one who thinks that.  

2012-05-26 8:51 AM
in reply to: #4230250

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
kgore - 2012-05-26 9:19 AM

minor interruption: 

Gorgeous!! Great color on the tattoo.  

I have 4 and am looking forward to getting my 5th in September to celebrate my PhD.  

2012-05-26 8:52 AM
in reply to: #4230156

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
jobaxas - 2012-05-26 3:09 AM

Sorry you're missing your friend Yanti....that's so sad.

Talking of sad, spent most of the day in tears - just emotional for no real reason!  Feel better for a good cry though.

Now got a cough - grrr, got Monday off so may just go to dr make sure there isn't any infection get some antibiotics if necessary.  I ran a half marathon with a cough once, threw up the whole 21km, not fun at all.

{{HUGS}}  Hope you are feeling better soon!!

2012-05-26 8:55 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
And now that I'm all caught up on everything, my little one is awake again.  Time to actually be productive and do things!

2012-05-26 9:10 AM

User image

Seattle
kgore - 2012-05-26 8:19 AM

minor interruption: 

very cool! Seriously great shading. He(or she) looks so very happy! It's hard to believe someone could be afraid of such a cute little guy I have a tattoo that needs to be finished, sigh, I should really take the time to do that.
2012-05-26 10:52 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Went for a run today!  Almost 2 miles.  It's the longest I've run since baby E was born.  I am really slow, fat, and out of shape.
2012-05-26 3:01 PM

User image

Master
kgore - 2012-05-26 6:19 AM

minor interruption: 

Awesome!  The tail looks like it is lifted off your arm, so cool.

2012-05-26 3:02 PM
in reply to: #4230372

User image

Master

Artemis - 2012-05-26 8:52 AM Went for a run today!  Almost 2 miles.  It's the longest I've run since baby E was born.  I am really slow, fat, and out of shape.

Way to get back at it, Jen!  Good job.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  

of 80