BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-06-18 3:58 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner

Two more good workouts yesterday.  Got in a solid hour on the trainer and then mile repeats.  Ran them comfortably hard with each one a little faster.

There is a great local half marathon this weekend that I'm going to try to run as a hard practice session.

Trying to decide which tri to do next.  On July 11th, there is a local tri that I've done a number of times.  It's a third mile swim, 14.5 bike and 4 mile run.  Same day there is an HIM that is about four hours away that is pancake flat which I also want to do to see what I really can do in an HIM (after Boise disappointment).  I know my wife would prefer I do the local race because of the logistics and they have one of the best kids tri events I've ever seen.  My son really wants to do it.  He did it last year and stills talks about it.  Hhhmmm.. I guess I think I just decided. 

Good choice. Sometimes the family aspect is the best deciding factor.

Agreed.  Plus do you really want to do a "rebound" HIM right now? :D

I can't tell you how bad I want to do another HIM.  I've been chasing a time goal for 6 years and everytime I am so close I can taste it something derails it.  I'd do one tomorrow if I could.

Just got back from the pool.  Had very limited time so I thought I'd hit it hard.  After 500 yd warmup did seven 100's descending down to a PR 1:17.  I am thrilled.

With that kind of history, I don't blame you in the slightest.  Sounds like you're definitely due for a speedy HIM!!  Super job in the pool.  You DID hit it hard.  Dag.

2015-06-18 3:58 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Two more good workouts yesterday.  Got in a solid hour on the trainer and then mile repeats.  Ran them comfortably hard with each one a little faster.

There is a great local half marathon this weekend that I'm going to try to run as a hard practice session.

Trying to decide which tri to do next.  On July 11th, there is a local tri that I've done a number of times.  It's a third mile swim, 14.5 bike and 4 mile run.  Same day there is an HIM that is about four hours away that is pancake flat which I also want to do to see what I really can do in an HIM (after Boise disappointment).  I know my wife would prefer I do the local race because of the logistics and they have one of the best kids tri events I've ever seen.  My son really wants to do it.  He did it last year and stills talks about it.  Hhhmmm.. I guess I think I just decided. 

I can't tell you how bad I want to do another HIM.  I've been chasing a time goal for 6 years and everytime I am so close I can taste it something derails it.  I'd do one tomorrow if I could.

Just got back from the pool.  Had very limited time so I thought I'd hit it hard.  After 500 yd warmup did seven 100's descending down to a PR 1:17.  I am thrilled.

I bow to your fish-ness

2015-06-18 4:04 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by msteiner

Got in another run today.  This one felt a lot better than my first one I did Sunday.  Maybe I'm adapting already.  I'll be doing a tuneup tri on July 11th for a HIM I'm doing in October.  Still haven't done a lot of swimming.  I'll have to see if I can squeeze that in during a lunch or two.

Funny how different the 3 sports are, isn't it?  Glad this one was better than Sunday's.  Definitely encouraging!

2015-06-19 9:26 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yeah, my Sherpa gets a vote for sure!

2015-06-19 9:26 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

Got in another run today.  This one felt a lot better than my first one I did Sunday.  Maybe I'm adapting already.  I'll be doing a tuneup tri on July 11th for a HIM I'm doing in October.  Still haven't done a lot of swimming.  I'll have to see if I can squeeze that in during a lunch or two.

Glad to hear it!

2015-06-19 10:02 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I bow to your fish-ness

me too!

2015-06-19 12:18 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

This happened earlier this week and hopefully will happen again today.

<script src="http://platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js" async="" defer="defer">

Edited by cdban66 2015-06-19 1:34 PM
2015-06-19 12:33 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Proof of life/update post.

Got results back on second biopsy attempt for my mother.  B-cell lymphoma - which, though aggressive, is a gajillion times better than recurrent/metastatic lung, breast or colon.  Treatment probably to start late next week, although it will depend on getting a few more esoteric test results back on the biopsy first. 

We ship the kids back tomorrow and follow on Wednesday.  Really looking forward to seeing friends and family (and getting on the ocean).

What's a weird feeling is that I'm carrying a ton of fitness but have no race on the books - feels like I'm a loaded gun with no target! 

As I'm writing, I just got a text saying it's actually acute lymphoblastic leukemia.  Potentially much more treatable.  She's been admitted and starts treatment tonight for induction and hopefully remission, so they can then move to a transplant (and - fingers crossed - a cure, although can't be sure of that yet by any means).

Whooooo-eeeeeeee, a bit of a roller coaster, this, but going in a better direction than feared, for sure.

Matt

PS - good luck to our racers this weekend!
M

2015-06-19 12:35 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Got results back on second biopsy attempt for my mother.  B-cell lymphoma - which, though aggressive, is a gajillion times better than recurrent/metastatic lung, breast or colon.  Treatment probably to start late next week, although it will depend on getting a few more esoteric test results back on the biopsy first. 

We ship the kids back tomorrow and follow on Wednesday.  Really looking forward to seeing friends and family (and getting on the ocean).

What's a weird feeling is that I'm carrying a ton of fitness but have no race on the books - feels like I'm a loaded gun with no target! 

As I'm writing, I just got a text saying it's actually acute lymphoblastic leukemia.  Potentially much more treatable.  She's been admitted and starts treatment tonight for induction and hopefully remission, so they can then move to a transplant (and - fingers crossed - a cure, although can't be sure of that yet by any means).

Whooooo-eeeeeeee, a bit of a roller coaster, this, but going in a better direction than feared, for sure.

Matt

M

Really happy to hear you got some more positive leaning news. Your attitude is fantastic. I also enjoy that you used the expression to "ship" your children  

Can you find a short local spring or something and use that fitness? 

2015-06-19 12:35 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

June 20-21
Randee - Pat Griskus Olympic Triathlon on Saturday
Troy - Gary Bjorkland Half Marathon on Saturday
Melanie - Ironman 70.3 Syracuse on Sunday (bib# 1904)
Adrienne - Taylor Mountain 5 miler on Sunday
Mary -   Cross Country Clash #4 on Wednesday

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Yanti - under the weather

2015-06-19 12:37 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Matt

M

Hang in there!  Tons of healing zen heading towards your mom!

2015-06-19 12:38 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Matt

M

Really happy to hear you got some more positive leaning news. Your attitude is fantastic. I also enjoy that you used the expression to "ship" your children  

So glad you and the kids can get out there to be a support to her. Prayers for her and the family. I know how challenging it can be for the patient and the family.  I agree with Salty, maybe you can find a local race to completely dominate.

2015-06-19 12:40 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

<script src="http://platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js" async="" defer="defer">

I can't see it here or on my phone. Guess I'll see it when I can get to my tablet. I probably saw it earlier this week. Somewhere around the whiskey time frame?

2015-06-19 12:41 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

June 20-21

Disabled List
Erin - knee

Another great racing weekend for the Manatees!  Go Go Go!!!!!!!!!!

Erin and Yanti, knock it off!

2015-06-19 1:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Racing Manatees!

June 20-21

Disabled List
Erin - knee

Good luck everyone!  You're a racing machine, Adrienne!

Hope you feel better, Yanti.  Miss your presence around here!  

Hope your knee improves, Erin!

2015-06-19 1:29 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I can't see it here or on my phone. Guess I'll see it when I can get to my tablet. I probably saw it earlier this week. Somewhere around the whiskey time frame?

I can't see it either.  I'll just have to take your word for it on the total awesomeness.

2015-06-19 1:31 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Cycling through the woods the next day. 

2015-06-19 1:31 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Matt

M

(((Hugs))), Matt.  Glad things are looking up. I'm sending lots of healing, positive thoughts.

I agree with others, you should definitely find a race.  It'd do you good, body and soul! 

2015-06-19 1:33 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Matt

M

Matt, good news indeed. I'll be keeping y'all in my thoughts. Anytime you can ship your kids, I'd say do it!

2015-06-19 1:34 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

June 20-21

Disabled List
Erin - knee

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, racers!!

Melanie, I'm so excited for you!!  You're gonna be great and I can't wait to read your RR.

Salty, try to keep that competitive streak in check--or at least to the extent possible.

Erin and Yanti - it's time to get off the list, so please do!

2015-06-19 1:35 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Matt

M

Matt, good news indeed. I'll be keeping y'all in my thoughts. Anytime you can ship your kids, I'd say do it!

I forgot to ask:  did you ship 'em first class or book rate?

2015-06-19 1:36 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!

June 20-21

Disabled List
Erin - knee

Race well, heal up and enjoy the weekend.

2015-06-19 1:45 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I can't see it either.  I'll just have to take your word for it on the total awesomeness.

That'll teach me to link an IG photo 

2015-06-19 1:53 PM

User image

Denver, CO

That'll teach me to link an IG photo 

Weird that it worked in your log but not here.  Oh well.  I saw it there and it looks like the new kid loves the dirt and the wind in its spokes.  Might have to incorporate that into your routine a little more often.

2015-06-19 2:08 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Matt

M

So glad to hear that out of the potential conditions, she has the one that is probably the most treatable.  

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68399 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29146 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38641 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.