Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 40

2016-03-09 1:31 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Trump
I hate to say this but I am almost routing for Trump to win the primaries. All these anti trump meetings by the rich and powerful and speeches against him are think. "Go Trump Go".

I am curious to see what would happen if Trump and Sanders should won but still did not get the nomination.

2016-03-09 1:46 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by chirunner134 I hate to say this but I am almost routing for Trump to win the primaries. All these anti trump meetings by the rich and powerful and speeches against him are think. "Go Trump Go". I am curious to see what would happen if Trump and Sanders should won but still did not get the nomination.

I tend to agree that the efforts to thwart him by the power brokers are backfiring horribly.  His message is that he's going to fight the establishment and it's hard to say he's lying when the entire establishment (on both sides) is doing everything they can to fight against him in the primary.  Personally I don't think they're fighting because they think he's going to lose, they're more concerned that he's going to win and completely destroy their power.

2016-03-09 2:41 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

This one made me laugh.

(first president.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
first president.jpg (88KB - 2 downloads)
2016-03-09 9:06 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by chirunner134 I hate to say this but I am almost routing for Trump to win the primaries. All these anti trump meetings by the rich and powerful and speeches against him are think. "Go Trump Go". I am curious to see what would happen if Trump and Sanders should won but still did not get the nomination.

I tend to agree that the efforts to thwart him by the power brokers are backfiring horribly.  His message is that he's going to fight the establishment and it's hard to say he's lying when the entire establishment (on both sides) is doing everything they can to fight against him in the primary.  Personally I don't think they're fighting because they think he's going to lose, they're more concerned that he's going to win and completely destroy their power.

If Mitt Romney had worked as hard at becoming president as he's working to prevent Trump from becoming president he might be president.
2016-03-10 10:29 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

If Mitt Romney had worked as hard at becoming president as he's working to prevent Trump from becoming president he might be president.

Imagine that, something we agree on. 

It makes me scratch my head how Mittens can go after Trump with such anmonisity but was so passive with candidate Obama? Could he have been concerned about being labeled a racist?

2016-03-10 11:30 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by crusevegas

It makes me scratch my head how Mittens can go after Trump with such anmonisity but was so passive with candidate Obama? Could he have been concerned about being labeled a racist?

We also agree on the merits of eating smoked meat, as I recall. So there's also that.

I really don't think it's the race thing. When you're running for president, the conventional wisdom is, generally, that you're going to have to woo some of your opponents over to your side, so you can't call your opponent a disgusting incompetent moron lest you alienate the fence-sitters and drive them over to your opponent's camp. Trump has flipped that convention on its head.

In the past, both candidates has a certain respect for the office of POTUS and everyone wanted to appear "presidential", so the kind of thing we're seeing in this campaign on the GOP side is pretty much uncharted territory in a Presidential race. Raise your hand if you ever thought you'd hear candidates for POTUS arguing about the size of their junk in a nationally televised debate.

2016-03-10 11:50 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

We also agree on the merits of eating smoked meat, as I recall. So there's also that. I really don't think it's the race thing. When you're running for president, the conventional wisdom is, generally, that you're going to have to woo some of your opponents over to your side, so you can't call your opponent a disgusting incompetent moron lest you alienate the fence-sitters and drive them over to your opponent's camp. Trump has flipped that convention on its head. In the past, both candidates has a certain respect for the office of POTUS and everyone wanted to appear "presidential", so the kind of thing we're seeing in this campaign on the GOP side is pretty much uncharted territory in a Presidential race. Raise your hand if you ever thought you'd hear candidates for POTUS arguing about the size of their junk in a nationally televised debate.

I'm curious how that will play out with Hillary.  Her junk quite possibly may be larger.  haha

With Romney, I'm pretty sure he was overly confident that he had it in the bag.  He basically coasted the last month and likely spent all his time planning the furniture layout in the White House.

2016-03-10 11:59 AM

User image

We also agree on the merits of eating smoked meat, as I recall. So there's also that. I really don't think it's the race thing. When you're running for president, the conventional wisdom is, generally, that you're going to have to woo some of your opponents over to your side, so you can't call your opponent a disgusting incompetent moron lest you alienate the fence-sitters and drive them over to your opponent's camp. Trump has flipped that convention on its head. In the past, both candidates has a certain respect for the office of POTUS and everyone wanted to appear "presidential", so the kind of thing we're seeing in this campaign on the GOP side is pretty much uncharted territory in a Presidential race. Raise your hand if you ever thought you'd hear candidates for POTUS arguing about the size of their junk in a nationally televised debate.

Which sadly I have none in the freeze at this time.

I'm sure there is more we agree on than disagree on but what fun is that to discuss? Plus you learn very little from those you agree with. 

I remember in the one debate where Obama made fun of Mitt's comment about Russia, something about the 1980's wanting their policy back or something and Mittens sat there like a child who just got schooled. Obviously one was right and one was wrong about that exchange but the one who was got put in his place. 

As far as the outrage about Trump making a passing remark about his junk being ok or no problem or whatever he said, let me say this about that. Lil Marco, made some statement about Trumps small hands and alluded to his penis size and it was repeated time and time again by most media outlets, everyone thought it was hilarious, then when Trump retorted, everyone was shocked and appalled,,,,,,,, give me a break!  

Can we blame the politicians/candidates or ourselves, our collective selves for this type of dialogue, Trump knows how to market and get air time, he knows what the media will cover, the media knows what will get ratings, ratings are based on giving the consumer what they want, the media wants higher ratings. 

2016-03-10 12:26 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

I'm sure there is more we agree on than disagree on but what fun is that to discuss? Plus you learn very little from those you agree with. 

I remember in the one debate where Obama made fun of Mitt's comment about Russia, something about the 1980's wanting their policy back or something and Mittens sat there like a child who just got schooled. Obviously one was right and one was wrong about that exchange but the one who was got put in his place. 

As far as the outrage about Trump making a passing remark about his junk being ok or no problem or whatever he said, let me say this about that. Lil Marco, made some statement about Trumps small hands and alluded to his penis size and it was repeated time and time again by most media outlets, everyone thought it was hilarious, then when Trump retorted, everyone was shocked and appalled,,,,,,,, give me a break!  

Can we blame the politicians/candidates or ourselves, our collective selves for this type of dialogue, Trump knows how to market and get air time, he knows what the media will cover, the media knows what will get ratings, ratings are based on giving the consumer what they want, the media wants higher ratings. 

I don't blame the media, they are, of course, always looking at ratings. I absolutely blame the candidates for sinking to such low level, sophomoric attacks and name calling.
2016-03-10 12:48 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by ejshowers

I don't blame the media, they are, of course, always looking at ratings. I absolutely blame the candidates for sinking to such low level, sophomoric attacks and name calling.

Yeah, I don't think people were reacting to Trump's comment and not to Rubio's. I think that people were just reacting to the low point that the discourse among the GOP has sunk.

J.
2016-03-11 8:14 AM

User image

Elite
So, Ben will be endorsing Trump.
It's not huge news, but Carson's small following could have an impact on evangelical conservatives who otherwise would be inclined to lean Cruz.

2016-03-11 8:33 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy So, Ben will be endorsing Trump. It's not huge news, but Carson's small following could have an impact on evangelical conservatives who otherwise would be inclined to lean Cruz.

I've got a bunch of friends who are/were huge Carson supporters and most of them switched over to Cruz.  I'm curious if this will have any effect on them.

2016-03-11 11:02 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I heard that he started the news conference last week, but he spoke so slowly that he only got to the part about the Trump endorsement this morning.

2016-03-11 11:28 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I heard that he started the news conference last week, but he spoke so slowly that he only got to the part about the Trump endorsement this morning.

buhahaha

2016-03-11 1:48 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
In Chicago one hot dog place is selling Trump Footlong hotdogs. They are 3 inches long. I might have to get some this weekend.
2016-03-11 1:57 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy So, Ben will be endorsing Trump. It's not huge news, but Carson's small following could have an impact on evangelical conservatives who otherwise would be inclined to lean Cruz.

I've got a bunch of friends who are/were huge Carson supporters and most of them switched over to Cruz.  I'm curious if this will have any effect on them.

It is really interesting that both Christie and Carson, who are pretty much opposite sides of the coin in terms of their social views, both endorsed Trump.

On the one hand, one could view that as a sign that Trump appeals to both more liberal and more conservative Republicans.

Or, one could say that the only thing anyone on the GOP side agrees on is that Trump is the only chance at a Republican president the GOP has.

2016-03-11 2:29 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

It is really interesting that both Christie and Carson, who are pretty much opposite sides of the coin in terms of their social views, both endorsed Trump. On the one hand, one could view that as a sign that Trump appeals to both more liberal and more conservative Republicans. Or, one could say that the only thing anyone on the GOP side agrees on is that Trump is the only chance at a Republican president the GOP has.

Or, they really don't like Cruz.  lol

2016-03-12 5:32 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Hey, gang!  The best TRUMP conversation is taking place on the HILLARY thread....right now.  Come on........

2016-03-12 5:58 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Hey, gang!  The best TRUMP conversation is taking place on the HILLARY thread....right now.  Come on........

Well, you're the one that brought it over there.  lol

Anyways, to get the conversation back over here.  You seem to be claiming that all the violence at the Trump rally's are caused by Trump supporters.  How do you explain the multiple arrests of protester thugs including the one who rushed the stage at Trump today?  Perhaps the Trump supporters threw him on the stage?

2016-03-12 6:28 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Well, you're the one that brought it over there.  lol

Anyways, to get the conversation back over here.  You seem to be claiming that all the violence at the Trump rally's are caused by Trump supporters.  How do you explain the multiple arrests of protester thugs including the one who rushed the stage at Trump today?  Perhaps the Trump supporters threw him on the stage?

Again, I didn't do complete research, but I understood it that someone threw/broke a bottle.  No one was arrested and Secret Service (fittingly abbreviated SS) allowed Trump to continue.  THAT don't happen if there's a credible threat.   Seriously-I'm sure there is some rancor at ALL the events, Red and Blue, but the Donald's have so far been the most outward displays of violence.  And that trend has been present for several months.  And, BTW, don't think I missed your 'thug' reference.  lol

2016-03-12 6:37 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I stand corrected. Someone was arrested for throwing the bottle and trying to breach a security barrier.

...I disavow this type of behavior

2016-03-12 10:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

This is a little different than what you hear in the media.

What really happened at the Chicago rally - My Firsthand Account

It shows a first hand view of bigotry in America.

What's almost comical is who the guy that rushed the stage and assaulted somebody on the way out was.

Edited by tuwood 2016-03-12 10:19 PM
2016-03-13 8:59 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
Makes me wonder if we're going to have this kind of crap at the polling locations should Trump secure the GOPe nomination. This makes me want to vote for him now, just to show these paid ( and unpaid ) activist thugs that, We the People, will not be intimidated or cowed from exercising our right to assemble freely. THIS is the very reason Trump is where he is today. Americans are tired of the PC police deciding what is wrong and what is right for us. It's bigotry based on intolerance and hatred PERIOD. This is the face of ignorance based intolerance in America today. These people are the moral and ideological equivalent of the kkk, black panthers and all the other hate based clans roaming about America. There is no difference in my eyes.

I've decided to pull my support for Cruz and get behind Trump. Because intolerance was just jammed in my face and I now see, that IT is one of the biggest hurdles facing my country today. These ignorant klansmen and women need to be taught a lesson in civility, tolerance and acceptance.

Now if Trump would stop threatening litigation against these hate mongers and just admonish them with a media blitz instead…

Edited by mdg2003 2016-03-13 9:06 AM
2016-03-13 9:08 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I stand corrected. Someone was arrested for throwing the bottle and trying to breach a security barrier.

You should probably disavow calling the Secret Service people SS too.
2016-03-13 10:06 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by mdg2003

You should probably disavow calling the Secret Service people SS too.

...............ok, I disavow THAT, too. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40