in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Trump
Originally posted by jeffnboise

Originally posted by mdg2003

I stand corrected. Someone was arrested for throwing the bottle and trying to breach a security barrier.

...I disavow this type of behavior

You should probably disavow calling the Secret Service people SS too.

...............ok, I disavow THAT, too. 

2016-03-14 10:16 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Denver, Colorado
Hi guys,
I am looking for your opinion on this article:
http://static.currentaffairs.org/2016/02/unless-the-democrats-nomin...

I was not sure if I should post it to Bernie, Hillary, or Trump forum, but realized all of you comment at each thread, so why not here
This is my first year voting in US, and also politics in my original country is different, so I truly appreciate your discussions here on BT Polotical Joe, as it gives me a lot of perspective (from each side).
Thanks!
2016-03-14 10:43 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by marysia83

Hi guys,

I was not sure if I should post it to Bernie, Hillary, or Trump forum, but realized all of you comment at each thread, so why not here
This is my first year voting in US, and also politics in my original country is different, so I truly appreciate your discussions here on BT Polotical Joe, as it gives me a lot of perspective (from each side).
Thanks!

My opinion is that the author is smart, young and a big Bernie supporter, and his analysis seems to overplay Hillary's weaknesses and underplay Bernie's. I think it also portrays Trump as a much stronger general election candidate than he will prove to be. It is also almost a month old, which means a lot has happened between then and now.

I would recommend you read a lot of books and articles and listen to talks and speeches from a wide variety of viewpoints, and read up on US political and general history, especially since 1980. Take all this into account, read up on each candidates' policy proposals and platforms and what they have actually DONE in their lives, and weigh that data against your personal history, views, situation and beliefs. Hopefully, from that personal analysis, a clear candidate will present themselves to you.

Enjoy your first election cycle. You picked a doozy to start with!

Edited by ejshowers 2016-03-14 10:48 AM
2016-03-14 11:06 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I live in Chicago now and I am so disappointed in my city this weekend. I ran into a guy who friend was there protesting and he was so proud of what she did. Me I am not. I do not get all the protesters going into his rally's to make a scene. To me it turns me off of there cause. I would take all the energy to focus on a candidate that you.
2016-03-14 11:57 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by ejshowers

Originally posted by marysia83

Hi guys,

Thanks!

My opinion is that the author is smart, young and a big Bernie supporter, and his analysis seems to overplay Hillary's weaknesses and underplay Bernie's. I think it also portrays Trump as a much stronger general election candidate than he will prove to be. It is also almost a month old, which means a lot has happened between then and now.

I would recommend you read a lot of books and articles and listen to talks and speeches from a wide variety of viewpoints, and read up on US political and general history, especially since 1980. Take all this into account, read up on each candidates' policy proposals and platforms and what they have actually DONE in their lives, and weigh that data against your personal history, views, situation and beliefs. Hopefully, from that personal analysis, a clear candidate will present themselves to you.

Enjoy your first election cycle. You picked a doozy to start with!

Thank you! For your opinion and advise
Yea, I noticed that doing your own research sheds wayyyy more lights than flash-news and social media.
2016-03-14 11:58 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by marysia83 Hi guys, I am looking for your opinion on this article: http://static.currentaffairs.org/2016/02/unless-the-democrats-nomin... I was not sure if I should post it to Bernie, Hillary, or Trump forum, but realized all of you comment at each thread, so why not here This is my first year voting in US, and also politics in my original country is different, so I truly appreciate your discussions here on BT Polotical Joe, as it gives me a lot of perspective (from each side). Thanks!
My opinion is that the author is smart, young and a big Bernie supporter, and his analysis seems to overplay Hillary's weaknesses and underplay Bernie's. I think it also portrays Trump as a much stronger general election candidate than he will prove to be. It is also almost a month old, which means a lot has happened between then and now. I would recommend you read a lot of books and articles and listen to talks and speeches from a wide variety of viewpoints, and read up on US political and general history, especially since 1980. Take all this into account, read up on each candidates' policy proposals and platforms and what they have actually DONE in their lives, and weigh that data against your personal history, views, situation and beliefs. Hopefully, from that personal analysis, a clear candidate will present themselves to you. Enjoy your first election cycle. You picked a doozy to start with!

Excellent advice.

I'll also add that you'll want to read everything with a dose of skepticism and try to research a little further when you read something that has a big impact on your choice.  Many/most stories about the various candidates have an agenda and want you to support candidate X. 

2016-03-14 12:00 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I don't suppose anyone saw Obama's comments from late last week about Trump and the GOP. Obviously, it's anything but an unbiased accounting, but I thought he made a couple of good points, specifically around the overarching point that Trump is the candidate that the GOP deserves. Whether or not you support him, the fact is, he is precisely the type of candidate that the GOP has been gravitating towards over the past two election cycles, whether or not the "traditional GOP" wants to admit it.

For example:
Everyone was outraged when Trump insulted McCain, but, in order to appease the right wing base, McCain selected Sarah Palin from total political obscurity as his running mate. She has been a GOP gadfly ever since, and she has been one of Trump's most prominent early supporters. If he hadn't sunk to having to pander to the far right, no one would ever have heard of her, and she certainly wouldn't be rallying her lunatic followers around Trump, much to the consternation of the "lamestream" GOP. It's funny in retrospect that McCain said over and over (and over and over) that he was a "maverick", when he clearly wasn't. I guess now we know what a political GOP maverick really[/] looks like...

Trump was an avowed birther the last two elections, for much longer publicly than anyone else who wasn't completely certifiably insane was willing to be. And, not surprisingly, very few, if any, mainstream republicans had the courage to call Trump out on his nonsense, because it was directed at Obama. Now that Trump is playing equally fast-and-loose with the truth, but directing it at his GOP rivals, everyone's shocked and appalled at what a serial BS-artist he is.

Romney has gone to considerable lengths to tell everyone that they shouldn't vote for Trump, but, as Trump himself pointed out, Romney was all too happy to seek Trump's endorsement, and even went so far as to praise his business management skills.

If mainstream republicans like Bush and Kasich are lamenting the demise of their traditional republican values, they have only themselves to blame. They courted the extremists in the Tea Party and elsewhere on the fringes of the party when it was politically expedient for them to do so, assuming the kooks like Palin and Cruz and Trump would fall in line behind the Old Guard when they were told to. And now that the lunatics are running the asylum, there's no putting that particular genie back in the bottle.
2016-03-14 12:17 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2016-03-14 7:32 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by tuwood

lol.  you are quite the little stinker!

2016-03-14 8:02 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro

lol.  you are quite the little stinker!

Look man, when Palin said today that we "didn't have time for all this punk little thuggery" she was talking about YOU!!!   

2016-03-14 10:30 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Now I hear he is telling people that, if they have a knife you get a gun and to get into peoples faces. 

2016-03-15 6:55 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by crusevegas

Now I hear he is telling people that, if they have a knife you get a gun and to get into peoples faces. 

You quoting Obama again?
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” -Obama 2008
2016-03-15 9:25 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone see the remarks that Rubio made? They were specifically about Trump, but also more generally about the state of the national discourse and the political process as a whole.

Of course, it was he that made the reference to the size of Trump's junk, and he's a dead man walking in the polls, so it's a little late to be bemoaning the decline in the civility of the political discourse, but I thought it was an interesting news conference.

It was, to use Jeff's analogy, an example of a person who allowed the radicals in the GOP to take the party out to sea, and has finally turned and realized that he can no longer see the shore. I almost felt bad for him.

There was a moment when a reporter asked him if he'd still support Trump if he got the nomination, and he at first said, "I don't know," and then recovered a bit and said something like, "It's getting harder every day."
2016-03-15 9:57 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Did anyone see the remarks that Rubio made? They were specifically about Trump, but also more generally about the state of the national discourse and the political process as a whole.

Of course, it was he that made the reference to the size of Trump's junk, and he's a dead man walking in the polls, so it's a little late to be bemoaning the decline in the civility of the political discourse, but I thought it was an interesting news conference.

It was, to use Jeff's analogy, an example of a person who allowed the radicals in the GOP to take the party out to sea, and has finally turned and realized that he can no longer see the shore. I almost felt bad for him.

There was a moment when a reporter asked him if he'd still support Trump if he got the nomination, and he at first said, "I don't know," and then recovered a bit and said something like, "It's getting harder every day."

Agree, good speech and would recommend all listen to it or read it or at least excerpts.

Marco was at a crossroads a few weeks ago and chose to take the low road and go with the sophomoric humor. He should have chosen the high road and given that speech. It probably would not have mattered, but he would have retained a bit more of his dignity at least. I wish he would have come right out and said that No, he wouldn't support Trump if he got the nomination, but he may still come around to that.
2016-03-15 10:22 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Did anyone see the remarks that Rubio made? They were specifically about Trump, but also more generally about the state of the national discourse and the political process as a whole. Of course, it was he that made the reference to the size of Trump's junk, and he's a dead man walking in the polls, so it's a little late to be bemoaning the decline in the civility of the political discourse, but I thought it was an interesting news conference. It was, to use Jeff's analogy, an example of a person who allowed the radicals in the GOP to take the party out to sea, and has finally turned and realized that he can no longer see the shore. I almost felt bad for him. There was a moment when a reporter asked him if he'd still support Trump if he got the nomination, and he at first said, "I don't know," and then recovered a bit and said something like, "It's getting harder every day."
Agree, good speech and would recommend all listen to it or read it or at least excerpts. Marco was at a crossroads a few weeks ago and chose to take the low road and go with the sophomoric humor. He should have chosen the high road and given that speech. It probably would not have mattered, but he would have retained a bit more of his dignity at least. I wish he would have come right out and said that No, he wouldn't support Trump if he got the nomination, but he may still come around to that.

Not one single Trump supporter gives a rats arse what Rubio thinks.

2016-03-15 2:09 PM

User image

You quoting Obama again?

i thought I heard the front running presidential candidate said those aggressive, provocative violent things. Are you saying I heard wrong and it wasn't Trump?

2016-03-15 2:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Did anyone see the remarks that Rubio made? They were specifically about Trump, but also more generally about the state of the national discourse and the political process as a whole. Of course, it was he that made the reference to the size of Trump's junk, and he's a dead man walking in the polls, so it's a little late to be bemoaning the decline in the civility of the political discourse, but I thought it was an interesting news conference. It was, to use Jeff's analogy, an example of a person who allowed the radicals in the GOP to take the party out to sea, and has finally turned and realized that he can no longer see the shore. I almost felt bad for him. There was a moment when a reporter asked him if he'd still support Trump if he got the nomination, and he at first said, "I don't know," and then recovered a bit and said something like, "It's getting harder every day."
Agree, good speech and would recommend all listen to it or read it or at least excerpts. Marco was at a crossroads a few weeks ago and chose to take the low road and go with the sophomoric humor. He should have chosen the high road and given that speech. It probably would not have mattered, but he would have retained a bit more of his dignity at least. I wish he would have come right out and said that No, he wouldn't support Trump if he got the nomination, but he may still come around to that.

I think the beginning of Marco's end was when Christie called him out for being a robot.  It could be more complex, but he seemed to be on an upward trajectory until that debate.  Him getting into the sophomoric humor certainly didn't help his cause.

2016-03-15 2:36 PM

User image

I think the beginning of Marco's end was when Christie called him out for being a robot.  It could be more complex, but he seemed to be on an upward trajectory until that debate.  Him getting into the sophomoric humor certainly didn't help his cause.

I disagree, somewhat Tony, I think that was the nail in the coffin. The beginning of the end was when he joined the gang of 8 and turning his back on the people who put him in the Senate.

2016-03-15 2:51 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I disagree, somewhat Tony, I think that was the nail in the coffin. The beginning of the end was when he joined the gang of 8 and turning his back on the people who put him in the Senate.

Well there is that too.  

2016-03-15 5:56 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You quoting Obama again?

i thought I heard the front running presidential candidate said those aggressive, provocative violent things. Are you saying I heard wrong and it wasn't Trump?

But but but OBAMAAAAAAAAAA used the word "gun". Think of the children! (Fans self with hands, faints onto the Davenport .)

I swear you guys are OBSESSED with Obama. Obsessed. Like "probably ought to seek professional help" obsessed. I picture you walking around your house, blaming Obama for the sticky hinge on the bathroom door, the fact that you're out of orange juice and your poor tv reception. What's the longest you've ever gone without blaming him for something? Have you managed to crack thirty minutes?
Not that it isn't entertaining and all, but seriously, what's going to happen to you when there's a new POTUS and you won't be able to blame him for EVERYTHING? I'm a little worried about you.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-03-15 6:04 PM
2016-03-15 6:15 PM

User image

You quoting Obama again?

But but but OBAMAAAAAAAAAA used the word "gun". Think of the children! (Fans self with hands, faints onto the Davenport .) I swear you guys are OBSESSED with Obama. Obsessed. Like "probably ought to seek professional help" obsessed. I picture you walking around your house, blaming Obama for the sticky hinge on the bathroom door, the fact that you're out of orange juice and your poor tv reception. What's the longest you've ever gone without blaming him for something? Have you managed to crack thirty minutes? Not that it isn't entertaining and all, but seriously, what's going to happen to you when there's a new POTUS and you won't be able to blame him for EVERYTHING? I'm a little worried about you.

There you go again, seriously, you should work on you lack of reading comprehension., where did I blame Obama for anything? I'll help you with the answer, I didn't. Actually, I didn't even mention his name. 

It is funny how you try to make stuff up like you do, yet fail to see your own hypocrisy. 

But to some extent, I guess you do and should feel entitled to the double standard you hold so dearly, after all, the rules aren't the same now are they?

2016-03-15 7:06 PM

User image

Pro

You quoting Obama again?

But but but OBAMAAAAAAAAAA used the word "gun". Think of the children! (Fans self with hands, faints onto the Davenport .) I swear you guys are OBSESSED with Obama. Obsessed. Like "probably ought to seek professional help" obsessed. I picture you walking around your house, blaming Obama for the sticky hinge on the bathroom door, the fact that you're out of orange juice and your poor tv reception. What's the longest you've ever gone without blaming him for something? Have you managed to crack thirty minutes? Not that it isn't entertaining and all, but seriously, what's going to happen to you when there's a new POTUS and you won't be able to blame him for EVERYTHING? I'm a little worried about you.

Wait.....you can't deny THAT!

2016-03-15 7:36 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You quoting Obama again?

Your'e so funny.  (that's why I love you so much)   

I should save this post for when you spend the next 8 years blaming Trump for everything.

2016-03-16 7:41 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Left Brain

Not one single Trump supporter gives a rats arse what Rubio thinks.

That may be true, but since only about 40% of GOP primary voters have voted for trump, that leaves a lot of people who might care.
2016-03-16 7:43 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You quoting Obama again?

Your'e so funny.  (that's why I love you so much)   

I should save this post for when you spend the next 8 years blaming Trump for everything.

I promise you that even if trump wins and even if he serves two terms, you won't hear me mentioning him in every post and blaming him for irrelevant nonsense during an election when he's not even a candidate. You can bank on that.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40