BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 61

2011-12-21 3:51 PM
in reply to: #3947644

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!!
hildekq - 2011-12-21 9:26 AM
suzielea - 2011-12-21 2:58 AM

Welcome to the group every one.

I'll look at adding you once Hilde puts  up the list - be warned though - if you don't post any log stuff for a month I tend to dump.

Aaah, yes, Suzie and I are going to be fast friends, I'm the same way, mentor or not!!  I like to keep a nice uncluttered friends list...

Yep that's pretty much the idea. I've noticed some people pretty much stop using the log once their mentor group is finished (noticed that from the 1st one I was in at the start of this year) although I have to admit I dumped a whole bunch yesterday without looking back to November - oops. Then again I've looked at some of them before and not seen anything anyway.  

2011-12-21 3:57 PM
in reply to: #3947800

Extreme Veteran
Hi Brad. Glad you're doing well coming back from the accident. Look forward to your journey.
2011-12-21 3:59 PM
in reply to: #3942391

Extreme Veteran

Weightloss is looking good - I got 113 kg this morning. First time I've been under 250 lbs for a while (insert dancing item)

2011-12-21 7:12 PM

User image

Veteran
I wasn't too productive for part of my work day, but I did map out my running plan through June 10th. It's higdons 15k beginner followed by intermediate (with 1 day removed) and partial repeat of intermediate. I'm thinking that I can build up to run my hometown road race (7.2 miles)!<br><br>Being such a slow runner though its gonna take some time for some of the longer training runs.
2011-12-21 7:16 PM

User image

Veteran

Hey to Everyone!

This will be my third tri season and I have every intention of it being the BEST yet! I am mom, wife, student (finishing my master's) and athlete. Have been athletic pretty much my entire life w/ a few breaks in between to pop out 7 kids. They are now: 22 w/2 kids of his own; 20 with 2 kids of his own; 17, 15 (all boys)....then 7, 5, 3 (all girls). So, with 5 kids in the house it is often a bit crazy here and exercise is my outlet! I have been married to a pretty supportive guy for the last 9 1/2 years and although he has not been bitten by the TRI bug, he generally doesn't miss one of my races and plans on participating in several Du's w/me this season!!

The swim has really been my nemesis! I KNOW HOW to swim but for some reason swimming in open water tends to make me freak out a bit and all knowledge about swimming and NOT freaking out, goes out of my head. I make it through by falling back on the side stroke. Most humiliating I must say! I took some swim lessons last year which helped a great deal but more time spent in the OWS is definitely on the schedule. I had never really spent much time on a bike prior to buying my entry level Felt, but with my strong legs I can get by. The run is where it's at for me! I can really make up time there usually and when I place it's typically 2nd in my AG. 

The plan for this season is an Oly at the end of April to get me ready for a HIM at the end of September. Of course, there will be several other races in between but those are the primary goals. 

Weight loss and maintenance of said weight has been a constant battle. Although I have gained and lost over 350 pounds with the pregnancies, now that I am 40 (41 in February) I find it extremely difficult to take any weight off at all - even during the summer when I was pulling doubles in the Texas heat!! I am 5'3 on a good day and although I flirt with 140lbs, I tend to average closer to the 145 mark. I would LOVE to get back down to a solid 130-135!!! I eat pretty clean MOST of the time so am not sure what the deal is there....

This will be only my second season competing at closer to 100% since I spent the entire 2011 season fighting with a neuroma in my foot and finally had it removed in October. Running more than 3 miles without constant pain in my foot is a JOY!!

I spend my "free" time reading novels (anything from James Patterson & Tami Hoag to Stephanie Meyer and Anne Rice). I like to bake and to come up with new, healthy ways to prepare food.

Oh, and as a post script let me say from first hand knowledge - do not underestimate our esteemed leader....Her nickname is the HILDEBEAST....:-))

2011-12-22 12:27 AM
in reply to: #3948891

Extreme Veteran

rustymom - 2011-12-21 7:12 PM I wasn't too productive for part of my work day, but I did map out my running plan through June 10th. It's higdons 15k beginner followed by intermediate (with 1 day removed) and partial repeat of intermediate. I'm thinking that I can build up to run my hometown road race (7.2 miles)!

Being such a slow runner though its gonna take some time for some of the longer training runs.

1. You do know 15k = 9.3 miles rather that 7.2 don't you?

2. - why the intemediate plan with a day removed? And which day specifically?

Anyway - great job mapping out the running and committing to it.

2011-12-22 12:35 AM
in reply to: #3948898

Extreme Veteran
Welcome to the group TTucker - you definitely started early with the kids although I'm guessing that's a trend since your 22 and 20 y.o have both got 2 kids already. Hope your goals/plans work out.  I too am a student - if I get accepted to next year's course anyway (a diploma in children's services) since I just finished my last course (diploma of disability) - and also love reading. I tend to stick with historical fiction and the middle ages style fantasy though - e.g. those that read like history but with magic, dragons, different seasons working, etc.
2011-12-22 5:00 AM

User image

Expert
Falls Church
Today will be the start of a complete week off from exercising and training. One last bike commute and then I'm off of work for a week. 've got a houseful for the holidays and it won't be quiet again until the 29th. While the holiday visiting and such will be great, I'm looking forward to a back to normal schedule with back to normal nutrition. That said...I will be enjoying many scrumptious meals (likely to excess) and the recycle bin will look like we own a bar.
2011-12-22 6:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Hmm, I'm not sure how to reply with a quote on this new fangled/retooled forum version from my ipod....

Anyway, Suzie, I do know that 15k is more than 7.2 miles. I can currently run 4-5 miles, but figure that upping my distance (as well as working on my diet) should help my endurance and maybe my speed.

The day I plan to remove from the intermediate plan is the interval/tempo day. I may change my plan at some point, but its nice to see it layed out for now.

Edited by rustymom 2011-12-22 9:28 AM
2011-12-22 6:49 AM
in reply to: #3949225

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA

hoffsquared - 2011-12-22 6:00 AM Today will be the start of a complete week off from exercising and training. One last bike commute and then I'm off of work for a week. 've got a houseful for the holidays and it won't be quiet again until the 29th. While the holiday visiting and such will be great, I'm looking forward to a back to normal schedule with back to normal nutrition. That said...I will be enjoying many scrumptious meals (likely to excess) and the recycle bin will look like we own a bar.

Sounds like it will be a fun/busy holiday week for you hosting!  Good luck and have fun on your week "off", ha!!

2011-12-22 8:01 AM
in reply to: #3949269

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Well, Melanie is taking the "hall pass" option, you GO girl!!  Love the mental picture of a recycling bin full of empty booze and beer bottles!!  I'm sure your body will love the week off, you will be feeling fresh and ready to go again once your holiday fling is over with!!

Suzie, don't worry about speed on the long runs, really the slower the better!  I find that my body really responds to the long runs, and a couple of days later I've totally recovered and am feeling stronger and faster!  And way to go on the plans... I just finished my HM plan with the race a couple of weeks back, and will be picking it up again mid-stream to prepare for the next one. 

I love seeing so many newbies posting over here!!  Don't worry, the originals will be by, just watch out for Wilson, ha ha!   

2011-12-22 12:14 PM
in reply to: #3948641

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
suzielea - 2011-12-21 4:59 PM

Weightloss is looking good - I got 113 kg this morning. First time I've been under 250 lbs for a while (insert dancing item)

Awesome job!  And thanks for the kg to lb conversion, I'm horrible at that... Embarassed 

2011-12-22 12:16 PM
in reply to: #3948898

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
TTucker - 2011-12-21 8:16 PM

Hey to Everyone!

This will be my third tri season and I have every intention of it being the BEST yet! I am mom, wife, student (finishing my master's) and athlete. Have been athletic pretty much my entire life w/ a few breaks in between to pop out 7 kids. They are now: 22 w/2 kids of his own; 20 with 2 kids of his own; 17, 15 (all boys)....then 7, 5, 3 (all girls). So, with 5 kids in the house it is often a bit crazy here and exercise is my outlet!

Um, ok... You are officially my HERO!  Busy mama!!

2011-12-22 1:24 PM

User image

Expert

*waves hi to everyone*

So cool to log on and see so many new and busy peeps joining our band of MMMers! Welcome, one and all, from all corners of the globe! Between Canada and Australia, I'd say we've got the full range covered! (I *love* Melbourne, by the way-- went to a conference there a few years ago and just adored the city-- also my first time back to Australia since I was 7!)

Did my VO2 max and HR max testing today-- while the VO2 number was fine, I really hated the blowing-through-a-tube-while-running-on-a-treadmill part of it all, so I'm not sure if the HR max is accurate or a result of my panicking near the end. Sigh. We'll see what the tester says, since I emailed her about it when I got home and decompressed a bit.

Hope everyone's enjoying their respective weeks and has excellent holidays!

Alex

2011-12-22 4:44 PM

User image

New user
KY
Just a quick check-in.  Got in a lovely (but very slow) two mile run this morning in the woods with my husband and dog.  It was my first real run since my stress fracture Nov. 6 so I'm hoping everything feels good tomorrow.  Haven't had time to set up my training log yet but I will do that when I get back home after Christmas.  This group sounds great- glad to hear there are some others that are as intimidated by the swim as I am!
2011-12-22 8:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Hilde, I think that was me talking about how much time my long runs will take once they get up there in distance, since I'm so slow. I'll just have to make the time. I also need to find some more running routes.

2011-12-22 8:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I "found" 2 cycling days in each of the next 2 weeks. My exercise class is off until 1/9.
2011-12-22 8:14 PM
in reply to: #3948620

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
suzielea - 2011-12-21 4:51 PM
hildekq - 2011-12-21 9:26 AM
suzielea - 2011-12-21 2:58 AM

Welcome to the group every one.

I'll look at adding you once Hilde puts  up the list - be warned though - if you don't post any log stuff for a month I tend to dump.

Aaah, yes, Suzie and I are going to be fast friends, I'm the same way, mentor or not!!  I like to keep a nice uncluttered friends list...

Yep that's pretty much the idea. I've noticed some people pretty much stop using the log once their mentor group is finished (noticed that from the 1st one I was in at the start of this year) although I have to admit I dumped a whole bunch yesterday without looking back to November - oops. Then again I've looked at some of them before and not seen anything anyway.  

Damn - we all just started dating and there is talk of dumping people already....hmmmmm....this group may be too cold for my tastes..haha.....I'm worried about getting dumped already.....I guess I'll put on a warm jacket and hold out a cup for loose change..heheh

You can look at my blog....pretty full for two years!!!!!

Okay.....back to reading about all you new people...so I can get caught up!

2011-12-22 8:16 PM
in reply to: #3950173

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-12-22 2:24 PM

*waves hi to everyone*

So cool to log on and see so many new and busy peeps joining our band of MMMers! Welcome, one and all, from all corners of the globe! Between Canada and Australia, I'd say we've got the full range covered! (I *love* Melbourne, by the way-- went to a conference there a few years ago and just adored the city-- also my first time back to Australia since I was 7!)

Did my VO2 max and HR max testing today-- while the VO2 number was fine, I really hated the blowing-through-a-tube-while-running-on-a-treadmill part of it all, so I'm not sure if the HR max is accurate or a result of my panicking near the end. Sigh. We'll see what the tester says, since I emailed her about it when I got home and decompressed a bit.

Hope everyone's enjoying their respective weeks and has excellent holidays!

Alex

Alex I haven't done all that testing...YET....I'd be interested in seeing your results to see what info you gain....and how useful it might be for me...We can PM it if you don't want to go public with your awesomeness!! haha....we can make it a "secret" haha.

2011-12-22 8:21 PM
in reply to: #3950008

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
kpringle - 2011-12-22 1:16 PM
TTucker - 2011-12-21 8:16 PM

Hey to Everyone!

This will be my third tri season and I have every intention of it being the BEST yet! I am mom, wife, student (finishing my master's) and athlete. Have been athletic pretty much my entire life w/ a few breaks in between to pop out 7 kids. They are now: 22 w/2 kids of his own; 20 with 2 kids of his own; 17, 15 (all boys)....then 7, 5, 3 (all girls). So, with 5 kids in the house it is often a bit crazy here and exercise is my outlet!

Um, ok... You are officially my HERO!  Busy mama!!

She is my hero too......Although I wonder about her a bit......not a bit -  a lot ---- anyone that has that many kids - willingly -- is CRAZY!!!!  I have 3 and I'm in the nut house off and on!!!  okay, mostly on.  I guess being a triathlete is much better than drinking....with that many kids I might have to drink and tri.....wait...$hit, I already do that.......but...not alone....so I'm okay.

2011-12-22 8:26 PM
in reply to: #3950470

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

erinrockrun - 2011-12-22 5:44 PM Just a quick check-in.  Got in a lovely (but very slow) two mile run this morning in the woods with my husband and dog.  It was my first real run since my stress fracture Nov. 6 so I'm hoping everything feels good tomorrow.  Haven't had time to set up my training log yet but I will do that when I get back home after Christmas.  This group sounds great- glad to hear there are some others that are as intimidated by the swim as I am!

Hey Erin!!!!!  Nice job with the 2 mile run - that must have felt great to be back at it after your stress fracture.  I hope it feels great tomorrow too....then you can keep easing back into it and be full speed in no time.  We'll be watching your progress and hoping it goes well.

2011-12-22 8:30 PM
in reply to: #3947655

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-12-21 10:32 AM

Wilson, my man friend with the oh, so sexy legs, of COURSE you are welcome to the group, it wouldn't be the same without you! 

Everyone, Wilson is not quite right in the head, so be forewarned.  We tend to just humor him, like an old drunk behind the convenience store, smile and look the other way... but in all truthfulness the man trains HARD and will be your biggest cheerleader!!  We were blessed the day he became an MMMer!  And he hosts a pretty mean party too... oops, what happens in Indy, stays in Indy!

It's looking like pretty much everyone has checked in, there are a couple that I know want to remain MMMers and I'll get after them, but I will post a list for us all later today.

Thanks Hilde - that was nice...I'm almost blushing..haha....But my sexy legs are mainly just for you!!!!!  LMAO....Hey, I thought there was no activity over here is why I haven't really posted...didn't know I had to toggle the email setting again.....but I guess with the new mentor thread I should had known that...DOH!

2011-12-22 8:39 PM
in reply to: #3945017

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - OPEN
Tammy Turtle.....how did I miss that you were so much older than me?????  I thought we were the same age -- You don't look a day over 29...WTF???  You're gonna be out of my AG next year....so for WACO 2012 are you gonna be 45-49?????  I'll miss you in the 40-44...haha
2011-12-22 8:48 PM
in reply to: #3950780

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Okay old peeps and new peeps...I'm caught up now on the forum...kinda.  Off to see some logs...and hopefully inspire a few of you -- I'm ready for a great MMM mentor season here!!!!!  and more importantly watching everyone work towards their goals...it's gonna be fun....buckle in and get ready for a ride of your life!!!!!  

2011-12-22 10:15 PM
in reply to: #3950780

User image

Extreme Veteran
wsilverthorne - 2011-12-22 7:39 PMTammy Turtle.....how did I miss that you were so much older than me?????  I thought we were the same age -- You don't look a day over 29...WTF???  You're gonna be out of my AG next year....so for WACO 2012 are you gonna be 45-49?????  I'll miss you in the 40-44...haha
Would you shut up about my age already?? Does it make you feel bad that an old lady can kick your a$$ (on the course AND literally)??
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!! Rss Feed  

of 61