Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 40

2016-03-23 1:55 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Trump

marysia83 - if you would be willing to pledge, right now, that you will vote for Donald Trump.....I think I can get Tony back.

2016-03-23 1:58 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Left Brain

marysia83 - if you would be willing to pledge, right now, that you will vote for Donald Trump.....I think I can get Tony back.

ha ha be careful what you wish for
One day I told my best guy friend that in Hillary-Trump scenario I would vote for Trump. I almost lost a best guy friend. And he reminds me of my ...awful.. pledge every time we meet.
2016-03-25 9:22 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I guess Alex Jones is a big pro trump guy. He saying he is the real deal and will stop US from becoming a bank state where the world banks rule it. I did not see the whole video but my pro trump aunt is screaming hallelujah second coming of Reagan (not sure why she compares him to Reagan though).
2016-03-25 10:04 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by chirunner134

I guess Alex Jones is a big pro trump guy. He saying he is the real deal and will stop US from becoming a bank state where the world banks rule it. I did not see the whole video but my pro trump aunt is screaming hallelujah second coming of Reagan (not sure why she compares him to Reagan though).

I had never heard of Alex Jones so Googled him. Wow, nut job conspiracy theorist who has accused the US Government of trying to create a New World Order and faked the moon landings among other wacko ideas. Sounds like a perfect fit for a strong Trump supporter!
2016-03-25 10:19 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers
Originally posted by chirunner134 I guess Alex Jones is a big pro trump guy. He saying he is the real deal and will stop US from becoming a bank state where the world banks rule it. I did not see the whole video but my pro trump aunt is screaming hallelujah second coming of Reagan (not sure why she compares him to Reagan though).
I had never heard of Alex Jones so Googled him. Wow, nut job conspiracy theorist who has accused the US Government of trying to create a New World Order and faked the moon landings among other wacko ideas. Sounds like a perfect fit for a strong Trump supporter!

What moon?

2016-03-25 12:07 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by chirunner134

Yeah. As someone said earlier in this (or another) thread: "I wouldn't trust Alex Jones if he told me water was wet". It's kind of amazing that people take anything on that website seriously but people do.

I also don't understand why anyone would think that a guy like Trump who's spent his entire life becoming wealthier and wealthier by operating in the existing financial structure will be the one to change it for the better. Why would anyone expect that he wouldn't just maintain the status quo? It's worked pretty well for him personally. Suddenly, he's going to be the guy to put up guardrails around the industry and the to protect small business and the rights of workers and the middle class? Why on Earth would he do that? What's in it for him? Even in the unlikely event he gets elected, he's not going to be president forever. He's going to eventually go back to running his real-estate empire. Why wouldn't he want to put in place or preserve a system that offers him the maximum benefit once he returns to the private sector?

2016-03-25 12:38 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by chirunner134 I guess Alex Jones is a big pro trump guy. He saying he is the real deal and will stop US from becoming a bank state where the world banks rule it. I did not see the whole video but my pro trump aunt is screaming hallelujah second coming of Reagan (not sure why she compares him to Reagan though).
Yeah. As someone said earlier in this (or another) thread: "I wouldn't trust Alex Jones if he told me water was wet". It's kind of amazing that people take anything on that website seriously but people do. I also don't understand why anyone would think that a guy like Trump who's spent his entire life becoming wealthier and wealthier by operating in the existing financial structure will be the one to change it for the better. Why would anyone expect that he wouldn't just maintain the status quo? It's worked pretty well for him personally. Suddenly, he's going to be the guy to put up guardrails around the industry and the to protect small business and the rights of workers and the middle class? Why on Earth would he do that? What's in it for him? Even in the unlikely event he gets elected, he's not going to be president forever. He's going to eventually go back to running his real-estate empire. Why wouldn't he want to put in place or preserve a system that offers him the maximum benefit once he returns to the private sector?

Why would he, indeed?  What's so broke about our system? 

What needs fixing is the way the govt. spends money......he can do that, and why wouldn't he?

2016-03-25 12:38 PM

User image

Yeah. As someone said earlier in this (or another) thread: "I wouldn't trust Alex Jones if he told me water was wet". It's kind of amazing that people take anything on that website seriously but people do. I also don't understand why anyone would think that a guy like Trump who's spent his entire life becoming wealthier and wealthier by operating in the existing financial structure will be the one to change it for the better. Why would anyone expect that he wouldn't just maintain the status quo? It's worked pretty well for him personally. Suddenly, he's going to be the guy to put up guardrails around the industry and the to protect small business and the rights of workers and the middle class? Why on Earth would he do that? What's in it for him? Even in the unlikely event he gets elected, he's not going to be president forever. He's going to eventually go back to running his real-estate empire. Why wouldn't he want to put in place or preserve a system that offers him the maximum benefit once he returns to the private sector?

Valid points. He knows how the system works and knows how to work the system. 

There have been a couple of times where I thought he missed some slam dunk opportunities. One was in the debate where Rubio berated him for having a clothes line made in China, I thought that would have been a good time for Trump to say, I was just working within the system you and the the rest of the idiots in DC set up, I'd love to bring my company back here and after I'm elected we'll change the rules so I and thousands of others just like me will do just that. The second is when he is slammed for giving money to the Dems, (he also gave a lot to the R's as well) This would have been a good time for him to show or say just how corrupt the system and the players in it are and that's exactly why he wants to be president, so he can change that. These things are what I"m hoping he'll do or try to do if he does in fact become president. I'm guessing he knows where there are a lot of closets with even more skeletons in them are. 

One thing i know for sure, the current system, D's & R's have no interest in making things better for anyone but themselves. The R's would rather see Hillary elected than Trump, that will maintain-the status quo, Trump, I think and hope, will truly try to change things for the better for the average person.

On an unrelated side note, if you took all of the assets from all of the billionaires in the USA it would only pay down a little over 10% of our $20,000,000,000,000.00 debt ,,,,, yes, I have had to much time on my hands recently. 

2016-03-25 4:24 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
But, and this is the question that I can't get a straight answer to from any Trump supporter: WHY do you believe that? What specifically has he said or done that leads you to believe that?
2016-03-26 8:29 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Saw where Cruz called Trump a "sniveling coward." I guess we don't have to wonder about the odds of a Trump/Cruz ticket anymore.

2016-03-26 1:33 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
"Trump wants to build a wall to keep out creepy foreigners. Cruz is proof we need it." — Bill Maher.

I don't care who you are. That's funny right there.

2016-03-27 7:22 PM

User image

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn But, and this is the question that I can't get a straight answer to from any Trump supporter: WHY do you believe that? What specifically has he said or done that leads you to believe that?

When you "that" what specifically are you referring to?

2016-03-27 7:37 PM
in reply to: #5138650

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
I believe JMK was asking about why you would believe that Trump would try and change things for the average person when nothing in his life history would suggest he ever looked out for anyone but Trump?
2016-03-28 8:08 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by crusevegas

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn But, and this is the question that I can't get a straight answer to from any Trump supporter: WHY do you believe that? What specifically has he said or done that leads you to believe that?

EJ is correct. You said, "Trump, I think and hope, will truly try to change things for the better for the average person".

Why do you think that? Is it just a hunch, or are you basing it on something specific that he's done or said?
2016-03-28 10:53 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

EJ is correct. You said, "Trump, I think and hope, will truly try to change things for the better for the average person". Why do you think that? Is it just a hunch, or are you basing it on something specific that he's done or said?

You bring up a good point.  We don't know that he will do anything for the average person.  But we do know that the current crop of politicians will do nothing for the average person.  (note I said ave. not the poor or the rich.)

I think most people who will stomach Trump are more fed up with the status quo.  This is true for Trump or Bernie.  We have a better chance at new people working together in WA then we do with more of the same.  Ultimately this election is the same as every other one I have seen in the last 20+ years.  Vote for the lesser of evils.  In order of evils:  1.  Hillary, 2 Cruz, 3 Kaisich, 4. Bernie 5. Trump.  Just my opinion.  In this case Trump and how he would act as a politician is unknown.  Anything you speculate is just that, speculation.

2016-03-28 11:16 AM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

How much would a wall cost anyways?

2016-03-28 11:30 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by jford2309

Zero.  Mexico is paying for it!

2016-03-28 11:31 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

No one knows for sure, but estimates range from 15 to 25 billion based on actuals. That is for fencing mind you, not a "wall". A wall would be many, many times more expensive. Maintenance/Operating cost estimates range from .5 to a few billion per year.

And, unless cameras and personnel exits to actually enforce a wall, they are easily defeated with either a shovel, a rope or ladder. Costs for that infrastructure would be maybe 10 times that, so 10ish billion per year?
2016-03-28 1:12 PM

User image

EJ is correct. You said, "Trump, I think and hope, will truly try to change things for the better for the average person". Why do you think that? Is it just a hunch, or are you basing it on something specific that he's done or said?

I've thought for a lot of years a business person would be a better choice than a career politician. Trump has said a couple of things that resonate with me; 1. cutting waste in federal spending. I think he has the expertise to see where a lot of waste is, now can he get the pigs at the trough to quit is another story.Another comment he's made numerous times is how 2. China has rolled us so bad and this resonates with me personally and I'll share a quick story. One of the items I sell or have is women's fishnet stockings, for me to send 1 or up to 4 pairs across the street via the USPS the postage alone is $2.60 with a discount, 1st class mail. If I want to ship it international the cost is near $7.00. I can buy the same product from China delivered to my door for 99 cents. How can the USPS deliver that to me, if we aren't getting rolled by the idiots in DC.  

I'm not as big a Trump fan as I am opposed to the status quo, the DNC and the RNC. The more the "establishment" on both sides of the isle paint him (though he gives them an ample supply of ammo) the more in favor of him I am. 

The thing I know for sure, the DNC and the RNC don't care about anything but taking care of themselves, that's why Romney and the rest of that group are so scared of Trump having any power in DC. Trump will have no problem calling the Pigs at the trough out publicly in a effort to get his way, imo. 

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,,,,,,,, what do they call that?

2016-03-28 2:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

I've thought for a lot of years a business person would be a better choice than a career politician. Trump has said a couple of things that resonate with me; 1. cutting waste in federal spending. I think he has the expertise to see where a lot of waste is, now can he get the pigs at the trough to quit is another story.Another comment he's made numerous times is how 2. China has rolled us so bad and this resonates with me personally and I'll share a quick story. One of the items I sell or have is women's fishnet stockings, for me to send 1 or up to 4 pairs across the street via the USPS the postage alone is $2.60 with a discount, 1st class mail. If I want to ship it international the cost is near $7.00. I can buy the same product from China delivered to my door for 99 cents. How can the USPS deliver that to me, if we aren't getting rolled by the idiots in DC.  

I'm not as big a Trump fan as I am opposed to the status quo, the DNC and the RNC. The more the "establishment" on both sides of the isle paint him (though he gives them an ample supply of ammo) the more in favor of him I am. 

The thing I know for sure, the DNC and the RNC don't care about anything but taking care of themselves, that's why Romney and the rest of that group are so scared of Trump having any power in DC. Trump will have no problem calling the Pigs at the trough out publicly in a effort to get his way, imo. 

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,,,,,,,, what do they call that?

I believe there is no silver bullet in the making of a president. I remember Bush II being marketed as the "businessman president" and Herbert Hoover was the great businessman president of the last century. How did that work out for us?

Edited by ejshowers 2016-03-28 2:03 PM
2016-03-28 2:08 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

No one knows for sure, but estimates range from 15 to 25 billion based on actuals. That is for fencing mind you, not a "wall". A wall would be many, many times more expensive. Maintenance/Operating cost estimates range from .5 to a few billion per year.

And, unless cameras and personnel exits to actually enforce a wall, they are easily defeated with either a shovel, a rope or ladder. Costs for that infrastructure would be maybe 10 times that, so 10ish billion per year?

That's only, like, 1% of their GDP. No problem.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-03-28 2:24 PM

2016-03-28 2:15 PM

User image

Buttt buttttttt Bush!!!!!! really?

I believe there is no silver bullet in the making of a president. I remember Bush II being marketed as the "businessman president" and Herbert Hoover was the great businessman president of the last century. How did that work out for us?

Maybe you missed this in my response. 

Who of the wack jobs running for president do you think will do a better job and why?

2016-03-29 2:14 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Buttt buttttttt Bush!!!!!! really?

Who of the wack jobs running for president do you think will do a better job and why?

I think almost any of them could do a better job than Trump.

And I'd add Christie, Rubio, any member of the Bush family, including Barbara and Lauren, Elizabeth Warren, Romney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bloomberg, McCain, and Jessie "the Body" Ventura, not to mention Harrison Ford, Dennis Haysbert, the guy who played the President in "Independence Day", and the urn containing Ronald Reagan's ashes to the list of people who I think would make a better president than Trump.

Why? Because, as I've said from the beginning, I don't think Trump has the slightest idea what foreign policy looks like, or how to be a diplomat, how to build an international coalition, or how to govern a nation of 300 million people. He doesn't begin to understand how the budget works or how to ensure that growing the economy doesn't stomp on the right of the middle class to flourish.

And, sure, you could say that of almost anyone who's never been in the job before-- the difference is, I don't think Trump even recognizes that he doesn't know those things. No matter how conceited you think Obama is or was, or how conceited people like Bush or Reagan were, all of them were humble and self-aware enough to accept the awesome responsibility that comes with the presidency of the United States.

I haven't seen anything from Trump that suggests for a minute to me that he has any idea of what he's getting into. I think he thinks that this is like any other real estate deal-- that you bluster and badger and bully people and make up stuff and talk in circles until you get what you want. It's IMPOSSIBLE to govern that way.

More than anything else-- more than his personality or his lack of public service experience, that I think is what people, especially in the GOP establishment-- are reacting to-- that he has demonstrated that he has no respect for the office for which he is campaigning.

But I'd still vote for Trump over Cruz.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-03-29 2:29 PM
2016-03-29 3:26 PM

User image

If your goal was to get me to quit reading in the middle of your second paragraph you were successful. 

Edited to add

I think I'm going to follow Tony's lead, with what I've see from you jeff and miller, I'm going to spend my time watching some young chicks on CAM. It's a lot more educational. 

Edited by crusevegas 2016-03-29 3:37 PM
2016-03-29 4:20 PM

User image

Pro

If your goal was to get me to quit reading in the middle of your second paragraph you were successful. 

Edited to add

I think I'm going to follow Tony's lead, with what I've see from you jeff and miller, I'm going to spend my time watching some young chicks on CAM. It's a lot more educational. 

Those guys have ruined BT!!!  

You and Tony need to take this for what it is......a discussion.....and a good one.  I find it hard to get upset about a bunch of knucklehead's opinions about the next President (and yeah, I could make a run for biggest knucklehead with very little training).  This is all just gonna be what it is......whatever that is.  But running out on the discussion leaves us short of a full deck.  Jeff is probably comfortable there, but I ain't.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-03-29 4:20 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40