BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 69

2012-01-11 12:23 AM
in reply to: #3942879

User image

Master
Vista, CA
Subject: RE: Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED

Hello Manatees -- Tuesdays are a crazy workout and life day for me right now, so here's what I've got --

Love your new avatar Chris. Eating, Jim, Yanti pretty well covered it, but think higher fiber, protein and a bit of fat to combine, (fruits with portion control peanut butter, lowfat cheese, small portions of nuts, other fruits and veggies) which Yanti already said and all of which will help give you a sense of satiety and you won't be famished all the time. There might be another reason you're so hungry, 1-your stomach is used to having way more food and is experiencing that it's not as stretched out or 2- you need to eat more for the level of activity you're doing. One good way to see if you're losing too much is too see how your clothes are fitting and if you have enough energy to fuel your workouts in addition to the scale. Sometimes the scale has a lag time with weight loss. Remember, for all of us, the real training is in the recovery and that includes how you're fueling your body. Just got out of my Exercise Phys. class.

Here's the quote from Runner's World -- thought it applies:

If we write our dreams and goals down, we dramatically increase our odds of realization. If we share them with others, they become potent and alive.

Kristin Armstrong, Full Cup, Mile Markers blog, Runner's World.com

And, what channel is the marathon on this weekend? It's the Houston mary, right?

Night all---or morning depending on your time zone -- Yanti and our UK friends.

2012-01-11 7:31 AM
in reply to: #3981327

User image

Master
Orlando
TriAya - 2012-01-10 6:35 AM
amd723 - 2012-01-10 8:01 AM

Yanti,  looking at your avatar just reminds me how horrible my swim form is!  I do not get anyway near that type of rotation.  Of course, that could explain why I'm so slow

Ann-Marie

I'm tellin' ya ... blowholes in the armpits ... try it, it works.

Did a swim workout this am.  During it I thought about blowholes in my armpits.  Pretty sure I got my stroke looking just like yours  

Ann-Marie

2012-01-11 7:33 AM
in reply to: #3983226

User image

Master
Orlando
lmscozz - 2012-01-11 12:23 AM

Hello Manatees -- Tuesdays are a crazy workout and life day for me right now, so here's what I've got --

Love your new avatar Chris. Eating, Jim, Yanti pretty well covered it, but think higher fiber, protein and a bit of fat to combine, (fruits with portion control peanut butter, lowfat cheese, small portions of nuts, other fruits and veggies) which Yanti already said and all of which will help give you a sense of satiety and you won't be famished all the time. There might be another reason you're so hungry, 1-your stomach is used to having way more food and is experiencing that it's not as stretched out or 2- you need to eat more for the level of activity you're doing. One good way to see if you're losing too much is too see how your clothes are fitting and if you have enough energy to fuel your workouts in addition to the scale. Sometimes the scale has a lag time with weight loss. Remember, for all of us, the real training is in the recovery and that includes how you're fueling your body. Just got out of my Exercise Phys. class.

If we write our dreams and goals down, we dramatically increase our odds of realization. If we share them with others, they become potent and alive.

And, what channel is the marathon on this weekend? It's the Houston mary, right?

It's on NBC 3-5p EST.

Ann-Marie

2012-01-11 7:57 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina

So the awesome weather we have been having here in Charleston is ending right in time for the HM, mid to upper 70s for the last 4 or 5 days and a high of 55 on saturday with somewhere around high 30s for the start of the run BUT I found out there will be shrimp n grits, and beer of course, at the finish line so that ought to speed me up a bit.

Getting antsy for the race and I don't want to do to much other training this week so I'm not sore for the race will do a couple mile run tonight just to burn some energy off of me, and the dog who apparently doesn't understand the term 'Taper'

2012-01-11 7:59 AM
in reply to: #3983528

User image

Melon Presser
Tripopo - 2012-01-11 9:57 PM

So the awesome weather we have been having here in Charleston is ending right in time for the HM, mid to upper 70s for the last 4 or 5 days and a high of 55 on saturday with somewhere around high 30s for the start of the run BUT I found out there will be shrimp n grits, and beer of course, at the finish line so that ought to speed me up a bit.

Getting antsy for the race and I don't want to do to much other training this week so I'm not sore for the race will do a couple mile run tonight just to burn some energy off of me, and the dog who apparently doesn't understand the term 'Taper'

I *love* Charleston ... spent as much time there as I could when I lived in NC. Am really excited for you. Should be a fun race!

2012-01-11 8:16 AM
in reply to: #3983537

User image

Coastal Carolina
TriAya - 2012-01-11 8:59 AM

I *love* Charleston ... spent as much time there as I could when I lived in NC. Am really excited for you. Should be a fun race!

Well you have a place to crash if your ever back in the area and a relatively knowledgable, and free!, tour guide at your disposal.

2012-01-11 8:32 AM
in reply to: #3983579

User image

Melon Presser
Tripopo - 2012-01-11 10:16 PM
TriAya - 2012-01-11 8:59 AM

Well you have a place to crash if your ever back in the area and a relatively knowledgable, and free!, tour guide at your disposal.

YAAAAAAAY!

Be careful what you say. I have this habit of literally showing up at people's doors, or calling from the airport as first notice.

2012-01-11 10:03 AM
in reply to: #3983528

Leesburg, VA
Tripopo - 2012-01-11 8:57 AM

Shrimp n grits and beer???!! How awesome is that? Sounds like my kind of race. Laughing  And, you gotta love those running dogs.  Sending good vibes your way for race day. 

2012-01-11 11:26 AM
in reply to: #3983226

User image

Seattle
lmscozz - 2012-01-11 12:23 AM

I can't agree more with that quote. Someone had asked me if I wrote my goals down about a year ago and it got me thinking. I finally wrote them down and it has made a world of difference. It is much easier to wade through the chaos of life with a little direction.

NBC will be broadcasting the marathon from 3:00-5:00 ET and yes, it's in Houston.

2012-01-11 12:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Hey all, a couple minute of sane-ness, then a busy day! a visit to mom and dads (they kinda wear me out...), a trip to the hardware store (gotta pick up some stuff for the zoo), lotsa laundry to wash, then a five mile run....I thought days off were supposed to be relaxing!!!
2012-01-11 12:12 PM
in reply to: #3982932

User image

Seattle
amd723 - 2012-01-10 8:20 PM

Asalzwed - 2012-01-10 8:09 PM It's probably a little closer to my heart than some people on here but the marathon trials are being televised this weekend and I am so excited! Anyone else watching?

That's funny, somebody just emailed me about this.  I will be watching!

Ann-Marie

YAY! 

2012-01-11 12:38 PM
in reply to: #3984147

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Oh no!  I received an announcement for an event that I didn't need to know about -- Bone Island Tri

key words included

• wetsuit legal
  • current assisted
  • pancake flat

It's a full/half iron in the Florida Keys in next January by the event production company that does Beach2Battleship.

http://boneislandtri.com/

2012-01-11 12:58 PM
in reply to: #3983841

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
NEdaynow - 2012-01-11 9:03 AM
Tripopo - 2012-01-11 8:57 AM

Shrimp n grits and beer???!! How awesome is that? Sounds like my kind of race. Laughing  And, you gotta love those running dogs.  Sending good vibes your way for race day. 

It does sound great! Good luck!!!

2012-01-11 1:03 PM
in reply to: #3984207

User image

Seattle
jmkizer - 2012-01-11 12:38 PM

Oh no!  I received an announcement for an event that I didn't need to know about -- Bone Island Tri

key words included

• wetsuit legal
  • current assisted
  • pancake flat

It's a full/half iron in the Florida Keys in next January by the event production company that does Beach2Battleship.

That sounds amazing!!!! More like, OH YES!

2012-01-11 1:12 PM
in reply to: #3984267

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Asalzwed - 2012-01-11 2:03 PM

key words included

• wetsuit legal
  • current assisted
  • pancake flat

I'm trying to get my head around it.  Mid January IM.  Back it up three months so IM focued training would be in October, November and December with six hour rides around Thanksgiving time.  Hmmm.  Lots of indoor since it's dark out...  Frown

2012-01-11 1:15 PM
in reply to: #3984283

User image

Seattle
jmkizer - 2012-01-11 1:12 PM

key words included

• wetsuit legal
  • current assisted
  • pancake flat

I'm trying to get my head around it.  Mid January IM.  Back it up three months so IM focued training would be in October, November and December with six hour rides around Thanksgiving time.  Hmmm.  Lots of indoor since it's dark out...  Frown

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. One thing that I will mention is that as I was preparing for running in the Keys in Jan. I was running mostly inside on the mill and it actually really helped prepare me for the heat.  

2012-01-11 1:27 PM
in reply to: #3984298

User image

Coastal Carolina
Asalzwed - 2012-01-11 2:15 PM
jmkizer - 2012-01-11 1:12 PM

key words included

• wetsuit legal
  • current assisted
  • pancake flat

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. One thing that I will mention is that as I was preparing for running in the Keys in Jan. I was running mostly inside on the mill and it actually really helped prepare me for the heat.  

. The group is the same that runs alot of my tris here in South Carolina so it's all over Facebook and I've gotten several emails already...

I Love the keys...

I want to do a full in 2013, had hoped for one in 2012 but weddings in september/october which would be over by prime training times, this could be the one must forward email to wife...

Edited by Tripopo 2012-01-11 1:35 PM
2012-01-11 2:48 PM

User image

Seattle
Ooooh boy, I just got asked to play in a hockey tournament at the end of the month to help mentor some newer players. It's been ages since I was last on the ice but I am totally going to do it! My serious training starts on Feb 1 so I think I need to take these opportunities while I can.
2012-01-11 6:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi all!  Great job on all your training!  Yesterday I had my first triathlon swimming class.  Its the first time ever doing drills and circle swimming.  I learned a lot about gasping for air during a drill just as another swimmer splashes my face.  I survived, though, and even want to go back and do it again!
2012-01-11 7:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Great job HB--I'm betting you will be 'laps ahead' in no time--I was pretty bad when I started swimming last year--I'm still not a great swimmer, but I have fun! Smile

I completed today's workout--5 mile run in 59 minutes....I think that's a record for me, but I can't quite remember....I also did a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute cool down. My legs are tired, but not sore--more than anything, I am just a bit tired....a GOOD tired! Thankfully the rest of my 'to-do' stuff is already done--now I am just waiting for my apple-bbq glazed pork roast to finish cooking! nom nom nom nom! Tongue out

On another nutrition-based note, today marks my first day---WITHOUT SODA!!!! I am a soda addict...and I just want to not be reliant on it anymore. So....here goes. I'm sure I'll start getting the dreaded caffeine withdrawal headaches tomorrow...ick...that's the ONLY reason I have not kicked it before, I am a wimp when those headaches hit! Wish me luck!

2012-01-11 8:42 PM
in reply to: #3985055

User image

Seattle
kgore - 2012-01-11 7:23 PM

Great job HB--I'm betting you will be 'laps ahead' in no time--I was pretty bad when I started swimming last year--I'm still not a great swimmer, but I have fun! Smile

I completed today's workout--5 mile run in 59 minutes....I think that's a record for me, but I can't quite remember....I also did a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute cool down. My legs are tired, but not sore--more than anything, I am just a bit tired....a GOOD tired! Thankfully the rest of my 'to-do' stuff is already done--now I am just waiting for my apple-bbq glazed pork roast to finish cooking! nom nom nom nom! Tongue out

On another nutrition-based note, today marks my first day---WITHOUT SODA!!!! I am a soda addict...and I just want to not be reliant on it anymore. So....here goes. I'm sure I'll start getting the dreaded caffeine withdrawal headaches tomorrow...ick...that's the ONLY reason I have not kicked it before, I am a wimp when those headaches hit! Wish me luck!

Nice job on the run!Cutting soda out is quite possibly the best thing you could do. As far as the caffeine goes, coffe or tea are safe and much better for you if you need the boost. Just don't load them with cream and sugar and the likes.

2012-01-11 8:58 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Whine, whine, whine.....

Craving, and I mean CRAVING chocolate milk (almond milk, I'm lactose intolerant) after my bike workout and I have no chocolate syrup in the house.  Cry  Jogo sad.

As I am writing this my AWESOME husband just yelled upstairs to say that he was going to the store to get some chocolate syrup.  He said I had a hard workout on the bike and I deserve it.  Wow, I need to marry that man, oh yeah, I did!! 

No grandbaby yet....5 days late and counting. 

2012-01-11 9:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Aw nevermind---I guess my tiny little brain decided that the headaches could start tonight! ug...PAIN!!!!! Even worse, it is way too late to have any caffeine to get rid of it! If I did, I wouldn't sleep at all tonight...I think I will whine the rest of the night and let Clint feel sorry for me.Cry
2012-01-12 12:35 AM
in reply to: #3985236

User image

Pug Palace

kgore - 2012-01-12 7:20 PM Aw nevermind---I guess my tiny little brain decided that the headaches could start tonight! ug...PAIN!!!!! Even worse, it is way too late to have any caffeine to get rid of it! If I did, I wouldn't sleep at all tonight...I think I will whine the rest of the night and let Clint feel sorry for me.Cry

I feel your pain.  Except I have been working on eliminating sugar from my diet this week.  All those little yummy cookies, candies, and such are gone.  During last nights run all I could think about was milkshakes.  Tonight on my drive home from work it was ice cream sundaes...  We will get throught this together. 

2012-01-12 12:54 AM

User image

Pug Palace

Missed my master swim workout tonight.  Apparently a little one wee'd in the shallow end of the pool and they had to close the pool and clean it.  Pool will reopen tomorrow morning.  Tonight Wednesday will be my rest day instead of Friday this week due to pool closure.  One has to learn to be flexible about things you have no control over.  As was the case with missing my 1.5 hour swim workout tonight. Life happens or in this case wee happened.

On a more exciting note.  My nephew who is running as a "lost boy" in the Tinkerbell HM with his mom and aunties at the end of the month texted me yesterday. "Aunt Chris would you be interested in running the less tinkalicious 5K with me at Disneyland on Friday night?"  The cost of the 5K was $99 bucks.  I have been saving my mad money to spend while I am at Disneyland. BUT then I thought to myself. Self, do you really need all those trinkets & such, no.  Instead wouldn't you rather spend some of the mad money you saved on a precious running memory with your nephew. Yes I would. How many people get the opportunity to run  through Disneyland at 10:30 at night.  It will be a slow 5K as we plan to pause and be total Disney character posers throughout the run.  Laughing

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 69