2013-07-15 12:43 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Here is my MILK MILE RACE REPORT

I am 100% on my core challenge. Was sure to get my core work in BEFORE the mile.

Hilarious!  Sounds like a blast.  I couldn't have done it.  I have a massive fear of puking.  I'd rather have a four hour root canal than puke for 10 seconds.  You are a beast.

2013-07-15 2:35 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by cdban66 Crashed on the bike in my race yesterday and I am in a bit of a mess. Probably take a couple days off from all things active, then back at it.

Wow...crashed at 22 mph and got up and tried to finish.  That is BAMF material.

Hope you heal quickly...lots of season left. 

[/QUOTE?]

Thanks to everyone for the kindness and well wishes. I now need to replace my shirt/shorts since they didn't make it out alive. anyone using one piece and if so, why? Any brands that are making people happy right now?

Thanks a bunch everyone!

?

2013-07-15 6:07 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Seattle

It's been decided by Monica, in another thread, that Chris will be wearing this:

Not only for maximum speed and excellent styling, but also because he will be able to show off his abs fresh of the core challenge (also Chris, you can show off your road rash if it's still present

I'm excited to see where his sponsors decide to place their logos 

2013-07-15 8:24 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP

It's been decided by Monica, in another thread, that Chris will be wearing this:

Not only for maximum speed and excellent styling, but also because he will be able to show off his abs fresh of the core challenge (also Chris, you can show off your road rash if it's still present

OK, I'm having some visions of a meet up for a sprint somewhere, but the requirement is the boys have to wear a mankini (or something equally hideous) and the girls, well, we'll have to come up with the equivalent.  It's an idea in its infancy, but I'm sure we can, um, flesh it out.

Unlimited glide, just sayin.

2013-07-15 8:51 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master

I obviously have too much time on my hands and am avoiding my core workout today.  Azz kicking needed...
2013-07-15 8:57 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Came SO close to skipping today. But the motivation y'all seem to have is so inspiring. Core 10 DONE!

2013-07-15 9:14 PM
in reply to: rosy8skimmer

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Got somewhere around 15 today.
2013-07-15 9:31 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master

Ok, I did it.  15 min of

Scissors

Leg lowers

Supermans

Oblique Crunches

Crunches.

That may catch me up.

2013-07-15 10:22 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by bcraht

Ok, I did it.  15 min of

Scissors

Leg lowers

Supermans

Oblique Crunches

Crunches.

That may catch me up.

Nope, I still have 1 day to make up.

2013-07-16 12:23 AM

User image

Master

I obviously have too much time on my hands and am avoiding my core workout today.  Azz kicking needed...

Hahahahaha! Chris might be in the mood for it after this pic. Ohhhhhh fachmie funny!

2013-07-16 6:26 AM

Double yesterday. Week 1 (The Sequel) in the books. Trying to keep it going so I don't have to do it all over AGAIN!!!

I'm still in the process of moving, so the camera is packed away. Might be closer to a Week 2 pic than anything.

2013-07-16 7:23 AM
in reply to: skibummer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

You all need some serious help Wink

I should be back to it today, if everything gets moving correctly. A few days off, but they were needed.

2013-07-16 10:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Originally posted by switch

OK, I'm having some visions of a meet up for a sprint somewhere, but the requirement is the boys have to wear a mankini (or something equally hideous) and the girls, well, we'll have to come up with the equivalent.  It's an idea in its infancy, but I'm sure we can, um, flesh it out.

I'd rock it but there would have to be copious amounts of alcohol involved.........
2013-07-16 10:40 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by caffer

I'd rock it but there would have to be copious amounts of alcohol involved.........

I told my husband about this idea last night, and he looked at me like I was on drugs.

I was all, "C'mon that would be HILARIOUS.  Totally fun.  I might have trouble actually running from laughing so hard, but that would be AWESOME."

He was definitely not in.

I would do something like that in a second; who gives a fach?  An oly would get ugly, but a sprint? C'mon.  That is just full of win. 

I could do it stone cold sober.  I probably wouldn't, but I could.

2013-07-16 10:42 AM
in reply to: rosy8skimmer

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Originally posted by rosy8skimmer

Came SO close to skipping today. But the motivation y'all seem to have is so inspiring. Core 10 DONE!

Good job!! I tell myself, it's only 10 minutes.....

Checking on for last night, finished around 10:45..

1 min each 15 sec rest in between, 2 min plank at the end...

T-Pushup
8 Count crunch/pulse/hole
B-Ball Pushup
Stability ball leg curl
Plank Jack
Dead bug
Plank side leg
Stability Ball "Hand Off"
Plank

2013-07-16 10:42 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

You are a woman of many, many talents. I love them all.

Chris...your new avi is calling...

2013-07-16 10:43 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by rosy8skimmer Came SO close to skipping today. But the motivation y'all seem to have is so inspiring. Core 10 DONE!
Good job!! I tell myself, it's only 10 minutes..... Checking on for last night, finished around 10:45.. 1 min each 15 sec rest in between, 2 min plank at the end... T-Pushup 8 Count crunch/pulse/hole B-Ball Pushup Stability ball leg curl Plank Jack Dead bug Plank side leg Stability Ball "Hand Off" Plank

hold the phone...how does "dead bug" work your core?

2013-07-16 10:58 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I think not. I actually had a conversation with TW about wearing a speedo for this past race. I'm very glad I didn't do it.

2013-07-16 11:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

Originally posted by rosy8skimmer Came SO close to skipping today. But the motivation y'all seem to have is so inspiring. Core 10 DONE!
Good job!! I tell myself, it's only 10 minutes..... Checking on for last night, finished around 10:45.. 1 min each 15 sec rest in between, 2 min plank at the end... T-Pushup 8 Count crunch/pulse/hole B-Ball Pushup Stability ball leg curl Plank Jack Dead bug Plank side leg Stability Ball "Hand Off" Plank

My version of dead bug.

Lay on the floor legs straight arms out over your head. Legs and hands just off the floor
Bring your legs up, arms up, and crunch up to touch your toes
Return back to start position with legs and hands just off the floor

I guess it's more like dying bug.....

2013-07-16 11:01 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

My version of dead bug. Lay on the floor legs straight arms out over your head. Legs and hands just off the floor Bring your legs up, arms up, and crunch up to touch your toes Return back to start position with legs and hands just off the floor I guess it's more like dying bug.....

Now that's funny Laughing

2013-07-16 11:01 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by cdban66

I think not. I actually had a conversation with TW about wearing a speedo for this past race. I'm very glad I didn't do it.

Understood.

How are you feeling?

2013-07-16 11:22 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by cdban66

Understood.

How are you feeling?

The ache hit me last night, but I worked in Mom's yard today, so I can't be too bad. Core later today, after I finish my new work bench that I'm building. First I need to find replacement tri clothes. Since I only Sprint and may Oly this year, I may stick to a one piece. Monica made sense on that.

2013-07-16 11:33 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Here's last nights Core class.  If you're unfamiliar with some of these yoga poses PM me!:

WARM UP: Down dog position, lift right leg to the ceiling, hold 10 seconds.  With leg still off the ground come into plank, hold 10 seconds.  Drive the right knee in toward the left elbow in a crunch, hold 10 seconds.  Push back to plank, leg still extended, 10 seconds.  Back to one legged down dog position, 10 seconds.  Repeat on left.  Do each side 4 times.

SET 1: Plank Slides: grab two rags, place one under each foot in plank position on extended arms.  Holding plank, slide one leg at a time in, then back out in a slow controlled manner alternating legs.  After 10 on each side, speed this up by switching quickly, right, left, right, left so only one leg at a time is ever extended.  Repeat 15 times on each side.

Teaser Abs: Start in boat position with bent knees, feet off ground, arms straight forward by sides.  Hold this position 4 counts.  Taking 4 counts, roll down slowly, one vertebrae at a time until you're flat on the ground with arms on the ground overhead.  Pop back up quickly into the boat start position, hold 4 counts.  Take 4 counts to roll down.  Continuing alternating 4 counts hold, 4 counts roll down.  Do 25 reps.

Repeat the plank slide set.  Repeat the teaser ab set.

SET 2: Stability Ball Plank Tuck & Push up: On your tummy, roll forward on the ball into plank position with hands on the floor, knees in the center of the ball.  Coming forward from this position will make this set harder, going backward will make it easier.  In a slow controlled manner, roll the knees in toward the chest in a tuck position.  To make it harder, pull straight legs in toward the chest in more of a pike position.  Do 8 reps.  Then do 8 slow push ups.  Then 4 tuck/pike rolls, 4 push ups.  Do 4 & 4 again.  Now do 2 tuck/pike rolls, 2 push ups.  Continuing alternating 2 and 2 for 10 more reps.

Seated med ball twist: Sit with med ball in hand.  Lean back to 45 degrees, bent knees, heels pressing into ground for support hip width apart.  Holding med ball at chest level, twist right, then left alternating.  Work on the torso rotation and getting the biggest range of motion possible.  Do not let the arms do any of the work.  All of the movement comes from the torso only.  Move the entire upper body as one unit.  To make this harder, lift the feet.  Do 50 reps to each side.

Repeat the stability ball tuck & push up set.  Repeat the seated med ball twist set.

SET 3: Swimming: Lay on your stomach with arms and legs extended.  Relax your neck and head in a neutral position, do not try looking up.  First, alternate lifting your right arm and left leg, then left arm and right leg.  Repeat 8 times on each side.  Then, lifting all four appendages off the ground, do quick alternating of opposite arm and leg in a swimming motion keeping them off the ground.  Continue the movement for 45-60 seconds.

Full sit up: Lie on your back with arms and legs extended.  Easiest modification, keeping legs straight on the ground, use your arms and torso to pull yourself all the way up to seated.  Lie back down and repeat.  To make it more difficult, lift the legs straight off the ground so toes meet up with fingertips as the upper body lifts.  More challenging, hands behind head as you lift so arms are not assisting, legs stay straight on floor.  Most challenging, hand behind head as you lift, legs lift straight up along with upper body.  Do 25 reps of your choice.

Repeat swimming set, repeat full sit up set.

Enjoy!

2013-07-16 12:30 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

Here's last nights Core class.  If you're unfamiliar with some of these yoga poses PM me!:

WARM UP: Down dog position, lift right leg to the ceiling, hold 10 seconds.  With leg still off the ground come into plank, hold 10 seconds.  Drive the right knee in toward the left elbow in a crunch, hold 10 seconds.  Push back to plank, leg still extended, 10 seconds.  Back to one legged down dog position, 10 seconds.  Repeat on left.  Do each side 4 times.

SET 1: Plank Slides: grab two rags, place one under each foot in plank position on extended arms.  Holding plank, slide one leg at a time in, then back out in a slow controlled manner alternating legs.  After 10 on each side, speed this up by switching quickly, right, left, right, left so only one leg at a time is ever extended.  Repeat 15 times on each side.

Teaser Abs: Start in boat position with bent knees, feet off ground, arms straight forward by sides.  Hold this position 4 counts.  Taking 4 counts, roll down slowly, one vertebrae at a time until you're flat on the ground with arms on the ground overhead.  Pop back up quickly into the boat start position, hold 4 counts.  Take 4 counts to roll down.  Continuing alternating 4 counts hold, 4 counts roll down.  Do 25 reps.

Repeat the plank slide set.  Repeat the teaser ab set.

SET 2: Stability Ball Plank Tuck & Push up: On your tummy, roll forward on the ball into plank position with hands on the floor, knees in the center of the ball.  Coming forward from this position will make this set harder, going backward will make it easier.  In a slow controlled manner, roll the knees in toward the chest in a tuck position.  To make it harder, pull straight legs in toward the chest in more of a pike position.  Do 8 reps.  Then do 8 slow push ups.  Then 4 tuck/pike rolls, 4 push ups.  Do 4 & 4 again.  Now do 2 tuck/pike rolls, 2 push ups.  Continuing alternating 2 and 2 for 10 more reps.

Seated med ball twist: Sit with med ball in hand.  Lean back to 45 degrees, bent knees, heels pressing into ground for support hip width apart.  Holding med ball at chest level, twist right, then left alternating.  Work on the torso rotation and getting the biggest range of motion possible.  Do not let the arms do any of the work.  All of the movement comes from the torso only.  Move the entire upper body as one unit.  To make this harder, lift the feet.  Do 50 reps to each side.

Repeat the stability ball tuck & push up set.  Repeat the seated med ball twist set.

SET 3: Swimming: Lay on your stomach with arms and legs extended.  Relax your neck and head in a neutral position, do not try looking up.  First, alternate lifting your right arm and left leg, then left arm and right leg.  Repeat 8 times on each side.  Then, lifting all four appendages off the ground, do quick alternating of opposite arm and leg in a swimming motion keeping them off the ground.  Continue the movement for 45-60 seconds.

Full sit up: Lie on your back with arms and legs extended.  Easiest modification, keeping legs straight on the ground, use your arms and torso to pull yourself all the way up to seated.  Lie back down and repeat.  To make it more difficult, lift the legs straight off the ground so toes meet up with fingertips as the upper body lifts.  More challenging, hands behind head as you lift so arms are not assisting, legs stay straight on floor.  Most challenging, hand behind head as you lift, legs lift straight up along with upper body.  Do 25 reps of your choice.

Repeat swimming set, repeat full sit up set.

Enjoy!

Nice set Noelle.  Those of you looking for extra challenge make a figure wight with your hands and feet on Teaser...and embrace the pain.

2013-07-16 12:36 PM

User image

Seattle

Interesting choice of words! 

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10592 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.