BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2014-02-06 8:17 PM
in reply to: b2b14

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed
Hey David/ Beerdrinkers,

good to see you guys still hard at it.

Fallen way way way off the wagon (in respect to training, my beer drinking is going just fine )

Just wanted to swing by and say hello

Cheers!

2014-02-07 7:42 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Morning Beer (Bourbon and Wine) Drinkers!!

Just dropping by to say hi and check in on everyone's progress. Looks like many are having solid training lately.

Sorry to hear about your hip David--injuries suck!

I'm currently sidelined with some crud--don't know what it is, but the main symptom is bone deep weariness. Every day this week I have slept for at least 12 hours. Even after that amount of sleep I still wake up like a zombie. My training for the week amounts to two rides on Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday wasn't bad, but Tuesday was terrible (and ill advised, but I was still trying to bully myself into being healthy). Anyway, hoping a few more days of rest will kick this thing.

Keep up the great training!!
2014-02-07 9:40 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by drfoodlove Morning Beer (Bourbon and Wine) Drinkers!! Just dropping by to say hi and check in on everyone's progress. Looks like many are having solid training lately. Sorry to hear about your hip David--injuries suck! I'm currently sidelined with some crud--don't know what it is, but the main symptom is bone deep weariness. Every day this week I have slept for at least 12 hours. Even after that amount of sleep I still wake up like a zombie. My training for the week amounts to two rides on Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday wasn't bad, but Tuesday was terrible (and ill advised, but I was still trying to bully myself into being healthy). Anyway, hoping a few more days of rest will kick this thing. Keep up the great training!!

Gretchen,

You worked out like a mad(wo)man for 13 straight days.  I think you're entitled to have a few 'off days' with weariness.  Hell, I get weary just READING your workout blogs.  Rest up and be well.  jeff  

2014-02-07 9:45 AM
in reply to: justinfss

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by justinfss Hey David/ Beerdrinkers, good to see you guys still hard at it. Fallen way way way off the wagon (in respect to training, my beer drinking is going just fine ) Just wanted to swing by and say hello Cheers!

Justin,  So.....Maybe you could walk or ride your bike to the beer store and log it as a workout.   

GET MOVING, SLACKER!   lol

2014-02-07 2:21 PM

User image

New user
Madrid
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Just dropping by to say hi and check in on everyone's progress. Looks like many are having solid training lately.

I'm currently sidelined with some crud--don't know what it is, but the main symptom is bone deep weariness. Every day this week I have slept for at least 12 hours. Even after that amount of sleep I still wake up like a zombie. My training for the week amounts to two rides on Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday wasn't bad, but Tuesday was terrible (and ill advised, but I was still trying to bully myself into being healthy). Anyway, hoping a few more days of rest will kick this thing.

This brings up a question that I have had in my mind while reading your posts: if some of you go swimming at 5am or train double sessions, how many hours of sleep do you get? how any do you need to be training at 100%? My minimum threshold is 6 1/2 or 7 hours, less than that I'm dead! Any advise from experienced triathletes?

Nice spinning class plus 1500m swim afterwards. Ready for a great dinner with my wife and a good wine to go with it, I earned it!!
Enjoy the weekend!!
2014-02-07 3:51 PM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Went for a good 6 mile run today, foot was a little sore so I iced it afterwards. This weekend I plan on going for an 8 mile run as I ramp up to my first race of the season in just a couple weeks.

Tonight, I'm going to enjoy a nice Irish stout as I watch one of my favorite bands to see live: Young Dubliners (celtic rock).

2014-02-07 7:02 PM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Originally posted by Juancho

This brings up a question that I have had in my mind while reading your posts: if some of you go swimming at 5am or train double sessions, how many hours of sleep do you get? how any do you need to be training at 100%? My minimum threshold is 6 1/2 or 7 hours, less than that I'm dead! Any advise from experienced triathletes?

Nice spinning class plus 1500m swim afterwards. Ready for a great dinner with my wife and a good wine to go with it, I earned it!!
Enjoy the weekend!!

I'm a great sleeper! Generally, I get a solid eight hours a night (remember, I have no kids!). I'm a morning person, so 5am is my normal waking time. I wake up at 5am on the weekends without an alarm. I generally crash at or about 9pm...doesn't do much for my party animal reputation, but it works for me.

2014-02-07 8:54 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Sorry to hear Gretchen that you are not feeling great! Take care of yourself and get well!
2014-02-07 8:58 PM

User image

Expert

Enjoy the weekend!!

Juan - That's a beast of a workout! I bet that wine was tasty!
2014-02-07 9:02 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Expert
Originally posted by MOlsen

Went for a good 6 mile run today, foot was a little sore so I iced it afterwards. This weekend I plan on going for an 8 mile run as I ramp up to my first race of the season in just a couple weeks.

Tonight, I'm going to enjoy a nice Irish stout as I watch one of my favorite bands to see live: Young Dubliners (celtic rock).

Hope your foot responds well to the ice! When where and what is your next race. And most importantly, what's your favorite kind of Irish Stout?
2014-02-07 9:09 PM

User image

Expert
I have been crazy busy the last two days but still got in a bike on Thursday and a run tonight. I managed 5.5 miles and finished the week with 12 miles. For you runnings out there - I know that's not a big week - but it's my biggest since November of 2012 when I did my last HM. So that's good!

I also had a great massage yesterday. The woman who did it said that my back had never looked so good - and she's been working on it for 10 years so the PT is working.

This weekend - I've got my long swim planned for tomorrow to rest the legs and then I am hoping to do 3 hours on the drainer. Thank god for Netflicks (and beer!).

I hope everyone has a great weekend. You guys deserve it!

2014-02-08 10:42 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado
WOW! Did I fall off the band wagon here. I was doing great. Meeting my goals. Biking faster. Swimming farther. Lifting heavier. Boom, WORST. ILLNESS. EVER.

It's been about 10-12 days and i haven't had a decent workout. I literally couldn't get put of bed for a week. I didn't even have it in me to check the forums. Then it was time to move out of my apartment. I only own a jeep Cherokee and it was such short notice because I was sick. I spent thr last few days disassembling my furniture, moving, putting it all back together. Fixing title things at my girlfriends house, new electrical outliers/breaker box, building shelves, painting, installing ceiling fans/lights, repairing stair hand railing, fixing coffee tables, organizing th garage/storage area.

I had 3 interviews for new jobs too. I've been fixing the house and moving from 7AM to about midnight every day for about week now. I've been so exhausted and I'm finally getting over my sickness.

I can officially run on Tuesday again! This will be my 8 weeks off and I'm so excited to get out there and run again! I'll need thr BDAAS help over the next week or so keeping tabs on me and getting back in the groove.

Cheers!
2014-02-08 11:41 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by justinfss

Hey David/ Beerdrinkers,

good to see you guys still hard at it.

Fallen way way way off the wagon (in respect to training, my beer drinking is going just fine )

Just wanted to swing by and say hello

Cheers!

Its a long wagon train...hop back on and work your way to the front! We are waiting for you!

Edited by SportzVision 2014-02-08 11:42 AM
2014-02-08 2:32 PM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
3/28 this morning. I'll chock this week up to a rest week. Thursday and Friday, I slept through and pi$$ed out on the 4:50 alarm. 2 miller high life's waiting for me. warm.
2014-02-08 7:20 PM
in reply to: Brian W

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Brian W

WOW! Did I fall off the band wagon here. I was doing great. Meeting my goals. Biking faster. Swimming farther. Lifting heavier. Boom, WORST. ILLNESS. EVER.

It's been about 10-12 days and i haven't had a decent workout. I literally couldn't get put of bed for a week. I didn't even have it in me to check the forums. Then it was time to move out of my apartment. I only own a jeep Cherokee and it was such short notice because I was sick. I spent thr last few days disassembling my furniture, moving, putting it all back together. Fixing title things at my girlfriends house, new electrical outliers/breaker box, building shelves, painting, installing ceiling fans/lights, repairing stair hand railing, fixing coffee tables, organizing th garage/storage area.

I had 3 interviews for new jobs too. I've been fixing the house and moving from 7AM to about midnight every day for about week now. I've been so exhausted and I'm finally getting over my sickness.

I can officially run on Tuesday again! This will be my 8 weeks off and I'm so excited to get out there and run again! I'll need thr BDAAS help over the next week or so keeping tabs on me and getting back in the groove.

Cheers!

Brian - Welcome back! I'm glad to see you are feeling better after the Super Bo... I mean your worst illness ever : ) (As a Browns fan - I felt it was only fair...)

Seriously - Sorry to hear you have been feeling rotten and then having to move on top of it blows chunks! But I'm excited you will be getting your run one this week. Let is know how we can support you getting back into the groove.

2014-02-08 7:23 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Expert
Originally posted by kevinbe

3/28 this morning. I'll chock this week up to a rest week. Thursday and Friday, I slept through and pi$$ed out on the 4:50 alarm. 2 miller high life's waiting for me. warm.

Livin the highlife. So glad its you and not me.

2014-02-09 10:22 AM

User image

Expert
Happy Sunday Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!

I have updated the goal sheet for the week. Last week we only had 3 people post their goals. Let me know if this is something you want to continue...

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atf3WryluKZedFQwci1LRFc...

On the same sheet (different tab) is the topic of the week list. Please post some questions or DM me if there is something you would like the BDAS to cover.

Have a great day!
DQ
2014-02-09 10:28 AM

User image

Expert
Just a quick update - I had three new beers last night. With dinner I had 2Xmas by Southern Tier - way too spicy for me but decent considering. Then during the olympics, I enjoyed an Imperial Stout from North Carolina from Poor Old Hickory Brewery. For something at 9% - i loved it because it wasn't too malty. Then I had a Ninja Porter from the Ashville Brewing Company. That was the best beer of the night.

This afternoon - I'm hoping to go 3 hours on the drainer. I've got Battlestar Galactica all lined up. My hip is mildly sore but I intend to try some heat and doing some serious stretching before hopping on the bike to see if that helps! I will let you know!
2014-02-09 10:49 AM

User image

Hi everyone,

David (Qua17) invited me to join in this group since I'm running my first Ironman in Tremblant this summer. I'm relatively new to Triathlon but have been an avid cyclist and half & full marathoner for the last 8 years.

Sunday's are my weekly recovery/homework day so I'm enjoying a pint of Beau's Lugtread this afternoon, a beer brewed in Vankleek Hill near Ottawa. It's one of my personal favourites.

Cheers,

Alan
2014-02-09 11:06 AM
in reply to: adempsey10

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by adempsey10

Hi everyone,

David (Qua17) invited me to join in this group since I'm running my first Ironman in Tremblant this summer. I'm relatively new to Triathlon but have been an avid cyclist and half & full marathoner for the last 8 years.

Sunday's are my weekly recovery/homework day so I'm enjoying a pint of Beau's Lugtread this afternoon, a beer brewed in Vankleek Hill near Ottawa. It's one of my personal favourites.

Cheers,

Alan

Welcome aboard Alan!
2014-02-09 12:40 PM
in reply to: Burd

User image

New user
Madrid
Alan, welcome on board!

David, glad to hear your are doing much better.

This morning, 14k run veeeeery slow, may be I should switch from wine to beer? I put in the freezer for tonight a couple bottles a friend gave to me (very rare to have US beer over here in Spain, just the ones you use as punishment...). Any advise on Under Dog, Atlantic Lager (4.7%) from Maryland?

2014-02-09 1:53 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by Qua17

Happy Sunday Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!

I have updated the goal sheet for the week. Last week we only had 3 people post their goals. Let me know if this is something you want to continue...

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atf3WryluKZedFQwci1LRFc...

On the same sheet (different tab) is the topic of the week list. Please post some questions or DM me if there is something you would like the BDAS to cover.

Have a great day!
DQ

Sorry, defining and writing goals is not one of my strengths, obviously ! getting on it.
2014-02-09 9:04 PM

User image

Expert

Alan, welcome on board!

David, glad to hear your are doing much better.

This morning, 14k run veeeeery slow, may be I should switch from wine to beer? I put in the freezer for tonight a couple bottles a friend gave to me (very rare to have US beer over here in Spain, just the ones you use as punishment...). Any advise on Under Dog, Atlantic Lager (4.7%) from Maryland?

Thanks! I've never had Underdog. My inlaws live close to Maryland so let me know how it is!
2014-02-09 9:09 PM
in reply to: adempsey10

User image

Expert
Originally posted by adempsey10

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan - Glad to have you. And a beer review in your first post... You are off to a nice start!
2014-02-09 9:20 PM

User image

Expert
With a rest week coming up - I decided to push it on the drainer today. I ended up going for 3 hours. I forgot how boring 3 hours can be... Even having Netflicks didn't make up for it. The hip felt decent and hasn't started to ache so I will keep my fingers crossed.

A friend came over to watch the Olympics tonight and brought 3 beers that were awesome. I'll tell you about them tomorrow. For now, have a great evening and good luck next week.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.

date : March 4, 2008
author : ahilden
comments : 1
Four months ago I set upon a journey to train for and complete a triathlon, and a few Sundays back I raced in the Blue Water Triathlon in Parker, Arizona.
date : April 2, 2006
author : AMSSM
The weather is warming and the season is getting started for many triathletes. Keep these tips in mind to avoid heat cramps, exhaustion and stroke.

date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.
date : April 17, 2005
author : sekhmet
We live in a fast-paced society and gym time seems more of a chore than an escape. Rushing through a workout not only yields fewer results but makes athletes prime candidates for injury.

date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.
date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.

date : January 24, 2005
New athlete injury Q&A with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.