in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed

It's been decided by Monica, in another thread, that Chris will be wearing this:

Not only for maximum speed and excellent styling, but also because he will be able to show off his abs fresh of the core challenge (also Chris, you can show off your road rash if it's still present

I'm excited to see where his sponsors decide to place their logos 

OK, I'm having some visions of a meet up for a sprint somewhere, but the requirement is the boys have to wear a mankini (or something equally hideous) and the girls, well, we'll have to come up with the equivalent.  It's an idea in its infancy, but I'm sure we can, um, flesh it out.

Unlimited glide, just sayin.

Interesting choice of words! 

I knew you'd understand

2013-07-16 2:42 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Nice set Noelle.  Those of you looking for extra challenge make a figure wight with your hands and feet on Teaser...and embrace the pain.

Okay, I'm trying to picture what you mean by this and coming up with nothing.....can you video yourself doing it and post it to youtube?? Laughing  Because when you say embrace the pain you have piqued my interest!!

2013-07-16 3:13 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

Nice set Noelle.  Those of you looking for extra challenge make a figure wight with your hands and feet on Teaser...and embrace the pain.

Okay, I'm trying to picture what you mean by this and coming up with nothing.....can you video yourself doing it and post it to youtube?? Laughing  Because when you say embrace the pain you have piqued my interest!!

There are four modifications to the Teaser exercise--the figure eights version being the most difficult of the four.   From the V position, take your hands and arms (maintaining shoulder distance apart) to the right while you simultaneously take your legs and feet to the left, come back to center, then reverse--so your hands and feet are drawing separate figure eights--opposite sides of the body--at the same time.

Here's a version of it--with circles instead of figure eights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SFY9rmhPog.  Figure eights will be more challenging as there is more movement and therefore more stability challenge. 

I usually put this move in about 40 minutes through an hour long class.  It's, um, nice.

Same class would also have 100 push ups, in addition to the regular pilates work.  It wasn't for your average latte sippin piyo beotch

2013-07-16 4:00 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Originally posted by cdban66
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by cdban66 Crashed on the bike in my race yesterday and I am in a bit of a mess. Probably take a couple days off from all things active, then back at it.

Wow...crashed at 22 mph and got up and tried to finish.  That is BAMF material.

Hope you heal quickly...lots of season left. 

[/QUOTE?]

Thanks to everyone for the kindness and well wishes. I now need to replace my shirt/shorts since they didn't make it out alive. anyone using one piece and if so, why? Any brands that are making people happy right now?

Thanks a bunch everyone!

?

Desoto Carrera for training, Desoto Forza for races (and some training).  They even stand up to a decent amount of pool training if you rinse them immediately.  SwimOutlet has the Carreras for $50 including shipping, which is a pretty good deal.  My Forza shorts are about 3 years old and I still use them regularly as biking shorts for my brick workouts.

As for shirts...hmmm.  Pool, none.  Cycling, some tech shirt or a kit.  Running, whatever is lying around the room.  Racing, my tri club top.

I've never tried a one piece...I guess from my experience trying to get clothes to fit it would not be a pleasant experience.  Foot in mouth

2013-07-16 4:02 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

There are four modifications to the Teaser exercise--the figure eights version being the most difficult of the four.   From the V position, take your hands and arms (maintaining shoulder distance apart) to the right while you simultaneously take your legs and feet to the left, come back to center, then reverse--so your hands and feet are drawing separate figure eights--opposite sides of the body--at the same time.

Here's a version of it--with circles instead of figure eights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SFY9rmhPog.  Figure eights will be more challenging as there is more movement and therefore more stability challenge. 

I usually put this move in about 40 minutes through an hour long class.  It's, um, nice.

Same class would also have 100 push ups, in addition to the regular pilates work.  It wasn't for your average latte sippin piyo beotch

You peeps are SICK!!! 

2013-07-16 5:26 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

I love it and will be trying it....for me only though.  Half my class already has to take the basic teaser modification down a level with feet onto the floor.  This would just pizz them off Laughing

It can be a struggle finding exercises for a multi-level class but I do love teaser just because anyone can do at least one of the options.

Damn, you're too far away Switch.  I would so pay you for private pilates lessons.  Core strength I have....core stability?  Major fail!

2013-07-16 10:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
I know its not a typical 10 minute ab workout (not just cause it was 30 minutes rather than the 10), but I did some pretty severe Belly Dancing today...yeah, that gets the abs for sure.
2013-07-16 10:24 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by kgoreI know its not a typical 10 minute ab workout (not just cause it was 30 minutes rather than the 10), but I did some pretty severe Belly Dancing today...yeah, that gets the abs for sure.
oh, hellz yes. Belly dancing is awesome! Hold the phone...belly dancing, triathlete, zoo keeper? Really? !? FnA.
2013-07-16 10:26 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by kgoreI know its not a typical 10 minute ab workout (not just cause it was 30 minutes rather than the 10), but I did some pretty severe Belly Dancing today...yeah, that gets the abs for sure.
For real???? That's super cool! Was it a class?
2013-07-16 10:32 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Nah, DVD....I have a friend that dances with a local troupe, so I was kind of inspired, I am by no means a belly dancer---not nearly enough grace! Laughing It is a lot of fun, and the muscle control that belly dancers have is AMAZING!
2013-07-16 10:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

oh, hellz yes. Belly dancing is awesome! Hold the phone...belly dancing, triathlete, zoo keeper? Really? !? FnA.

...well if you wanna get technical, I was also one belt away from a black belt in Shotokan Karate some years ago AND I can do some mean cross-stitching. Now you may be impressed.Tongue out

2013-07-17 6:25 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by kgore

...well if you wanna get technical, I was also one belt away from a black belt in Shotokan Karate some years ago AND I can do some mean cross-stitching. Now you may be impressed.Tongue out

I. LOVE. YOU.
2013-07-17 8:00 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Same class would also have 100 push ups, in addition to the regular pilates work.  It wasn't for your average latte sippin piyo beotch;)

I love it and will be trying it....for me only though.  Half my class already has to take the basic teaser modification down a level with feet onto the floor.  This would just pizz them off Laughing

It can be a struggle finding exercises for a multi-level class but I do love teaser just because anyone can do at least one of the options.

Damn, you're too far away Switch.  I would so pay you for private pilates lessons.  Core strength I have....core stability?  Major fail!

Allcomers classes are really hard to teach. I ended up making my advanced class by invite only. Once you get Teaser four down, you can add a light squeezable ball between the legs toward the ankles, and small weights, like 3lbs, to each hand. :) Have you considered getting certified in pilates? You'd dig it.
2013-07-17 9:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
I'm convinced the girl in blue in the video is a robot.

Had the house to myself last night (kids were at grandma's house my wife worked late). I was bored so I did 20 min last night. Only 5 more "days" to make up from the first week I missed!!

1 min each 15 sec rest in between no rest on plank combo... 2 rounds

8 count crunch
scissor
flutter
C-L-C-R-C plank combo
V-Abs
Crunch Toe touch

Leaving for vacay tomorrow, can't wait!!!!!!
2013-07-17 9:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
I have been chastised for not providing pictures. My mistake folks also I have been doing my core work, except for the one race day but have been lacking in the logging aspect. Apologies and here is my attempt to start to get right.

ETA - Please disregard water drops on mirror, my better half would kill me if she knew I posted a pic with a water stained mirror.

Edited by dsand97 2013-07-17 9:37 AM

(Core Challenge Day 1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Core Challenge Day 1.jpg (31KB - 15 downloads)
2013-07-17 9:46 AM
in reply to: dsand97

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by dsand97 I have been chastised for not providing pictures. My mistake folks also I have been doing my core work, except for the one race day but have been lacking in the logging aspect. Apologies and here is my attempt to start to get right. ETA - Please disregard water drops on mirror, my better half would kill me if she knew I posted a pic with a water stained mirror.

Welcome

You're forgiven.

JFTR, in the BT Guys thread I wasn't trying to insinuate that you needed to report here because you needed core work.  I only meant it as a nudge to post a pic and come post a little banter once in a while.  I sometimes worry that these things don't come across right...

2013-07-17 10:04 AM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by dsand97 I have been chastised for not providing pictures. My mistake folks also I have been doing my core work, except for the one race day but have been lacking in the logging aspect. Apologies and here is my attempt to start to get right. ETA - Please disregard water drops on mirror, my better half would kill me if she knew I posted a pic with a water stained mirror.

Welcome

You're forgiven.

JFTR, in the BT Guys thread I wasn't trying to insinuate that you needed to report here because you needed core work.  I only meant it as a nudge to post a pic and come post a little banter once in a while.  I sometimes worry that these things don't come across right...

Came across perfectly clear, your intent understood. I'm a fan of witty banter, but you're correct sometime I need a nudge.
2013-07-17 10:35 AM
in reply to: dsand97

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

More man abs!  Woo hoo!  Looking good Don.  Now drop and give us 50 crunches!

2013-07-17 10:36 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by caffer I'm convinced the girl in blue in the video is a robot. Had the house to myself last night (kids were at grandma's house my wife worked late). I was bored so I did 20 min last night. Only 5 more "days" to make up from the first week I missed!! 1 min each 15 sec rest in between no rest on plank combo... 2 rounds 8 count crunch scissor flutter C-L-C-R-C plank combo V-Abs Crunch Toe touch Leaving for vacay tomorrow, can't wait!!!!!!

Where ya going Chris?  Or did I miss a post answering that question somewhere back there......

2013-07-17 11:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
We are going to Wisconsin for a few days then to Michigan Adventure on the way home. Should be fun!
2013-07-17 12:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Yesterday was 10 min of various stuff at the gym, this morning 90 minutes of Bikram Yoga.  Good Lord, it was hot in there today!  I think I was actually melting.  Almost passed out trying to do camel (which would've just put the icing on the "how ridiculous can Mike look?" cake).

Edited by jmhpsu93 2013-07-17 12:11 PM

2013-07-17 12:35 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Got a pretty solid 15 minutes of core in last night after a decent run on the treadmill. Still getting back in to running after the calf strain, but it is coming back slowly.

What's your favorite lower abs move? I'm a beast with upper abs, but the lower is where I am slightly weaker. I can feel it coming back already with this focus, but I'd like to really focus there. Should be a help to my biking and running, I would think.
2013-07-17 3:46 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Seattle
The subtle changes our bodies make over time with consistent training is incredible.  With the combination of swimming and steady pull-up/flexed arm hangs my lats/delts/traps have increased in size so much I don't fit into my smaller sports bras (unfortunately it's not due to boobage-incease) and my legs are much thicker due to biking.

I was much more of a stick when I was running, especially about 4 weeks out from my last marathon. I weight 2-3 lbs more and that's just 13 weeks of tri training.

2013-07-17 5:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
I am currently parked outside my daughter's door because she won't stay in her room for nap.... seems a good place/ time to get my 10 min in. Except I can't groan when necessary to get those last few seconds done. :/
2013-07-17 10:07 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by 4agoodlifeI am currently parked outside my daughter's door because she won't stay in her room for nap.... seems a good place/ time to get my 10 min in. Except I can't groan when necessary to get those last few seconds done. :/
Erin. Erin, Erin, Erin. Why is everyone setting me up today? People, I am in full on taper-crazy. Stop tempting me!
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10590 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.