Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2013-09-30 10:06 PM
in reply to: mbehr1983

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN
Great job, Mike!! You crushed that course!

"Opted to use the strippers. she got it right off so that was good." Nice.

2013-09-30 11:54 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Originally posted by mbehr1983 RR is posted.

here is a link to Mike's RR

2013-10-01 4:45 PM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Originally posted by dcon

I am doing an Oly on Sunday.   This is a new course for me, but it is supposed to be flat and fast.  The weather forecast is looking good for a change although it will be a little chilly at the start.

What could I be doing more of?  I think I have the right combination of intensity and volume going right now.  The intensity is new for me and I think if I can continue with this combination I am going to be faster on the bike and run come next year.

Where's your RR?

2013-10-01 8:11 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Originally posted by mbehr1983

RR is posted.

Well done Mike.

So what's next for you??
2013-10-01 10:55 PM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Originally posted by SSMinnow
Originally posted by dcon

I am doing an Oly on Sunday.   This is a new course for me, but it is supposed to be flat and fast.  The weather forecast is looking good for a change although it will be a little chilly at the start.

What could I be doing more of?  I think I have the right combination of intensity and volume going right now.  The intensity is new for me and I think if I can continue with this combination I am going to be faster on the bike and run come next year.

Where's your RR?

Right    here

2013-10-02 8:38 AM
in reply to: TrevorC

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

Originally posted by TrevorC
Originally posted by mbehr1983 RR is posted.
Well done Mike. So what's next for you??

I am registered to do a half marathon in November. I am going to try and keep the base up. I am also looking into some early Half distance tris. Bone Island Gulf Coast and will prolly do some local fun runs. Here  they have a Kids marathon where there kids have like 13 weekes to complete 25.2 miles and then do the final Mile before the regular marathon. I will be doing this with my daughter.

2013-10-02 8:13 PM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

Here it is.  Only 1/2 a day late.

Who's it going to be this weekend?  Are you stepping up to the starting line?

As the tri season is winding down, how much time do you plan to spend on recovery?  How will you spend that time?  What will you do to come out fresh and ready to go again for the next training season?

2013-10-03 4:20 AM
in reply to: jfought

User image

Expert
Noosa
Originally posted by jfought

As the tri season is winding down, how much time do you plan to spend on recovery?  How will you spend that time?  What will you do to come out fresh and ready to go again for the next training season?

No racing here, my season starts in just over 4 weeks with the Noosa Triathlon. This year I'm fit, healthy and injury free!

This Winter my recovery after my IM consisted of a few weeks of rest then 6 weeks of a hard indoor trainer bike program followed by introducing some easy swimming and running plus a bit of strength training.

I had about 3 months off swimming and although it didn't seem to be hard getting back into it, next year I'll keep swimming just as a recovery and relaxation thing.

2013-10-03 5:41 AM

User image

Champion

No racing here.  After 2.5 weeks off from all training when in Africa, I am getting back to business.  This includes adding three days of TRX per week that I missed while IM training.  YEAH!  Other than that, working on strengthening the bike and trying once again to do the same with the swim.  Not taking anything too seriously quite yet.  Doing a few 10Ks for fun this Fall and then a half marathon in Vegas with some crazy chicks.

2013-10-03 7:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

No racing here. I am still recovering. I havent done much this week. I p-lan to pick it up this weekend or next week. I would like to keep my base and improve in swimming and running. I would also like to add some more strength training now that I am not on a strict schedule. I will be doing some local runs as well a half mary in a month and few 5ks and speed work hopefully.

I am considering doing a full in 2015. My wife gave me permission as long as the location is fun. I would like to hear which one you guys think are good for first timers. I also would prefer it to be downstream if possible and wetsuit legal.

2013-10-03 5:50 PM

User image

Master
Maryland

I have a small but very Large race this weekend. I had been training with my teen Kris for the Cancer25K race. She will be one of about 40 teen survivors. It is not far but these kids have come farther than I will ever go. It is part of the Rev3 Half Full Tri to raise funds for the Ulman Cancer Fund for young adults.
I am injured and I can't even walk...so now Kris will be conquering this small feat on her own but I will be at the finish line waiting for her. Our whole family will be there for her.
Recovery for me is having fun doing what I want when I want. No plan and no pressure.

2013-10-04 10:12 AM
in reply to: Terps421

User image

Champion
Originally posted by Terps421

I have a small but very Large race this weekend. I had been training with my teen Kris for the Cancer25K race. She will be one of about 40 teen survivors. It is not far but these kids have come farther than I will ever go. It is part of the Rev3 Half Full Tri to raise funds for the Ulman Cancer Fund for young adults. I am injured and I can't even walk...so now Kris will be conquering this small feat on her own but I will be at the finish line waiting for her. Our whole family will be there for her. Recovery for me is having fun doing what I want when I want. No plan and no pressure.

I will be thinking of your family and rooting Kris on from here.  I know it has been a very stressful year for all of you and I am sure having her cross the finish line with be emotional and memorable.  Enjoy it.  And please take care of yourself!

2013-10-04 10:15 AM

User image

Champion

No racing here. I am still recovering. I havent done much this week. I p-lan to pick it up this weekend or next week. I would like to keep my base and improve in swimming and running. I would also like to add some more strength training now that I am not on a strict schedule. I will be doing some local runs as well a half mary in a month and few 5ks and speed work hopefully.

I am considering doing a full in 2015. My wife gave me permission as long as the location is fun. I would like to hear which one you guys think are good for first timers. I also would prefer it to be downstream if possible and wetsuit legal.

What's the definition of fun for your wife?  something for the whole family to do while visiting? does time of year matter due to school schedules?  seems like a lot of people have to take that into consideration?

I don't think you're going to find too many fulls that are "downstream" and wet suit legal.  I was thinking IM LOU might work, but it is almost never legal and I wouldn't think anyone would consider the area fun.  I still vote for WI.  It's a cool town.

2013-10-04 4:48 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

What's the definition of fun for your wife?  something for the whole family to do while visiting? does time of year matter due to school schedules?  seems like a lot of people have to take that into consideration?

I don't think you're going to find too many fulls that are "downstream" and wet suit legal.  I was thinking IM LOU might work, but it is almost never legal and I wouldn't think anyone would consider the area fun.  I still vote for WI.  It's a cool town.

Yes she would want to use it as a vacation of sorts. I didn't even think of school schedules and such. I have a few I will be looking at. Wisconsin, Beach to Battleship its in north Carolina and downstream wetsuit legal, Florida, and Chattanooga, also Rev 3 in Cedar Point.

I am going to try and do a couple more HIM next year. I just have to get out of my head to do the swim and I think the more I practice and complete OWS I will be able to do that.

2013-10-04 8:57 PM

User image

Expert
Noosa

Yes she would want to use it as a vacation of sorts. I didn't even think of school schedules and such. I have a few I will be looking at. Wisconsin, Beach to Battleship its in north Carolina and downstream wetsuit legal, Florida, and Chattanooga, also Rev 3 in Cedar Point.

I am going to try and do a couple more HIM next year. I just have to get out of my head to do the swim and I think the more I practice and complete OWS I will be able to do that.

My advice would be to look for a good destination first and worry about the course later. It's going to be a tough day wherever you go but the experience will be better if you all enjoy the trip.

2013-10-05 4:42 PM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Did a tough 1/2 marathon this morning. Now going to do a crazy cyclocross event in the dark!
Dino, I'm all grown up!

2013-10-05 11:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Hellooooooooooo!

You all are awesome

Ok its a start back.
2013-10-05 11:50 PM

User image

Veteran

Have been slacking quite a bit lately...so I guess recovery has been on going. Time off is the best for motivation. Last race was with some hot ultra runner named Jayne.....that was fun So just doing some weight training now, and trying to figure out what I am going to do next year. Not one triathlon this year.....to many personal obstacles. I will try to catch up on all the posts....ummm yeah right.....and tri to get back to check in on a regular basis. Hope everyone had a great season....
2013-10-06 8:07 AM

User image

Master
Tosa, WI

Originally posted by TrevorC Did a tough 1/2 marathon this morning. Now going to do a crazy cyclocross event in the dark! Dino, I'm all grown up!

AWESOME.  We raced under the lights last weekend in the rain, FUN!  Lots of mudders for us so far this year.  6 races, 4 have been total mudfests.  Very hard on equipment..... and the legs.  

Let me know how it went. 

2013-10-08 9:58 PM
in reply to: badgerintx

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Originally posted by badgerintx

Originally posted by TrevorC Did a tough 1/2 marathon this morning. Now going to do a crazy cyclocross event in the dark! Dino, I'm all grown up!

AWESOME.  We raced under the lights last weekend in the rain, FUN!  Lots of mudders for us so far this year.  6 races, 4 have been total mudfests.  Very hard on equipment..... and the legs.  

Let me know how it went. 

Was great. The environment is so different than a run/ tri. Beers are good! Under the lights was fun. It was held where the Ski jumping/luge was during the Olympics. So really unique environment.
2013-10-09 2:57 PM

User image

Champion
Let's talk World Championships!  Any predictions?

2013-10-09 4:03 PM

User image

Expert
Noosa
Originally posted by SSMinnowLet's talk World Championships!  Any predictions?

I'd love to see Crowie win it again, he's such a dedicated athlete and all round nice guy. I think we might see a European winner though this year.

We've got a few local athletes taking part including Pete Jacobs and Caroline Steffen so I'll be rooting for them. The partner of one of the local tri coaches, a lady called Jessica Fleming, is racing this year. She's a pretty amazing athlete having come 3rd at Ironman Australia this year beating the pro's despite being an AG'er and mum of 2 kids (at my kids school). She did 9:50:46 at IMOZ!!! I'd love to see her do well.

Pete Jacobs won the local IM 70.3 with an amazing time of 3:39:59 so he's on form (Jess Fleming came 3rd with 4:27), hard to imagine being that speedy...
2013-10-09 7:37 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Originally posted by SSMinnow Let's talk World Championships!  Any predictions?

I'll go with Rinny and Kienle.

2013-10-10 11:49 AM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Champion

I would like to see Rinny, but I also like Caroline Steffen quite a bit.  Torn.  Don't care much about the men's race, but would like to see Potts or O'Donnell in the Top 3.

2013-10-10 5:55 PM

User image

New user
Hi All, just checking in. Finally slowed down with work and getting back to the gym. My friend just sent me a photo from Kona with Chrissy W and thought of you guys. No racing coming up. Signed up for a Sprint this weekend but no house sitter and too many to board. Next big venture is to train in Kona. Going over the first part of November, renting bikes and going to swim/bike/run as much as I can. Oh, and drink/eat/lounge even more. Hope everyones training/events/recovery are going well!! I am on a triple slash kick today
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 44