tattoo

Edited by kcgolf 2012-09-27 8:36 PM

2012-09-27 8:55 PM
in reply to: #4145781

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Subject: RE: RFP GROUP - CLOSED
Honestly, it's such a personal choice. What one person may say is too large, another may love. (&vice versa.) Seems daft, but I'd be inclined to draw it on the size I thought I wanted with a marker, then live with it for a couple of days (wearing long pants haha) that way I'd get a feel for it and decide if it's the right size or not.
2012-09-27 9:02 PM

User image

Expert
That'd a good idea Deb. Well I have until Tuesday cause I made my appt. And put deposit down. I am such an overthinker that this is gonna be the end of me. My head might literally explode. I figure the bigger tattoo will make me stay active in Triathlon since I don't want to be 50 and completely out of shape having everyone ask me what that is haha
2012-09-28 8:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hi Gang,

Whew, what a crazy few weeks I have had.  We closed on our existing house this week but we haven't received the funds and we finally found another house to put an offer on and it was accepted this week.  So we will be moving in about 3 weeks.  Glad that is all done and is slowly working itself out.

Last weekend, I had fun running with a friend as well as getting my run in,  it was a slow run but I didn't care and my heart rate was spiking like it has been.  Then I jumped in the car and drove to met another friend and did a very slow bike ride.  I did my transition in the car.  It was great to run and ride with my friends again and not worry about pace or heart rate or anything.  I was just out there enjoying myself and I think that turned the tide for me, as I did speed work on Monday and I was faster then the projected times so I feel that my body has recovered.

I am jealous of all your tattoos, I guess I need to get on the ball and figure mine out.

Has anyone heard of Platelet Rich Plasma, where they take healthy blood cells and inject it where you are injured like my reoccurring hamstring.

I would also like to stick together as a team.  I was on a team previously and we just fall apart no one was posting anything.  I was lucky to found you all.  

2012-10-01 10:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Tim - I think the tatoo is not too big and would look good on the calf (big calves or not but Deb is right it's a matter of personal opinion.

Kathy - glad to hear that you got out for a ride and a run that was just "fun"! That's really important. I rode with a non-triathlete friend of mine yesterday and she really pushed me. We rode for 38 miles...much more than what I was expecting and we had a really good time...topped off with margaritas.

As far as what I'm doing. I'm just plugging away at some training but it's just not as specific at this point. Started running from the beginning (25-30 min for now), keeping up swimming but only in the 1000-1200 meter range, cycling whatever I feel like doing and concentrating on lifting. I'll gain more focus soon but for now just doing whatever

2012-10-01 7:36 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team. Just checking in to say hello. It has been a very busy few weeks for me. The golf teams I Coach here at the college have been keeping me extremely busy along with class. I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I am still alive.

KC

2012-10-02 10:24 AM

User image

Expert

Glad to see you are still alive KC Laughing.  have you been able to keep up with your training?

I am having a difficult time getting back in the swing of things.  Intentions are good and my alarm is functioning correctly but it is just too easy to talk myself out of it every morning with no consequence of blowing off my workouts.  I have my cousin and his family coming in this weekend to run the Chicago Marathon so I have been busy getting the house ready and knocking off items on my wife's list.  i am hoping that after they leave I can get back in the swing of things.

I am gonna try that Jorge's Winter Bicycle Program her on BT.  Have heard good things about it.  My goal is to keep my bike fitness ove rthe winter and have a good 70.3 (most likely Racine).  I also want ot be able to hang with my buddy who is gonna be training for IMWI 2013 and would like to go up and ride the course a couple of times next year.

Also today is TATTOO DAYSurprised!  I decided to keep the design simple.  Kind of nervous...  Pics to come tonight!

I also think we need a good Fall/Winter challenge for all of us! Any thoughts? It can be anything.  A good one I like is to hit the core workouts in the winter.  Something like 3 core workouts/week and see who can go the longest without missing - something along that lines..

2012-10-02 12:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Hi Team,

Tim - Good luck with the tattoo hope it turns out well for you.

KC - Glad to hear you are still breathing.

Sounds like everyone else is getting some good workouts done.

I've had a sh*t of a week and I am feeling really despondent. I start meds tomorrow and have been told they are gunna play havoc with my system for a while, the side effects sound like they are gunna be worse than the freakin bipolar and I truly wonder if I am about to make things harder for myself instead of easier. To top it off I checked the results of the first sprint from our tri club which was held a couple of weeks ago and even the slowest person was still a good 20 mins faster than my time last year. I don't mind coming last but I don't want to be humiliated every race either. Last year they packed up the finishing chute before I had a chance to cross in my last race. Our club seems to be full of rock stars and although everyone is pretty friendly I just feel like I'm kidding myself even thinking I should be racing. 18 years ago I was a middle of the packer, now I'm just painfully slow and its not from lack of effort either. I really dunno what to do at the moment. I love training but I guess I am a bit overwhelmed by it all. I was planning on doing November's race but now I'm thinking I should just wait until next season when hopefully I'm back to my normal weight (if the medication will allow) and stronger on the bike and run.

Anyway sorry for the whinge.
2012-10-03 10:07 AM

User image

Expert
Well it is official - I have completed the Ironman journey haha.  The tattoo ended up being bigger than what I planned.  It is weird - when I was there and I as look back or in the mirror it doesn't look "as big" but when I look at the photo I am like "Oh my god that thing is huge!" haha.  This pic was from a few hours after and I will post a better one in a few days but overall I am happy that I finally got it.

(Tim-Tattoo_small-file.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Tim-Tattoo_small-file.jpg (27KB - 16 downloads)
2012-10-03 10:24 AM
in reply to: #4437013

User image

Expert

Simone - You aren't part of this group because we like to knit sweaters.  We are here because we love triathlon and getting out and racing and living the lifestyle it offers.  Unless you are extremely competitive or a pro you shouldn't worry about "other people" - you are racing against yourself and the only way to know if you are getting better is to get out there and race and then try to improve on that time - FOR YOURSELF.

This sounds funny now but I almost didn't sign up for IMWI because I was embarrassed about my bike - and that feeling carried with me all the way to bike check-in at the race.  People would tell me my bike was fine but I was so self conscious of it that it almost made me not enjoy the experience.  Call it fate or whatever...but as I was walking out of bike check-in there is a guy walking in with THE EXACT SAME BIKE!  Right then at that moment I realized - "nobody cares about my bike except me-I have built this up in my head for nothing" and I actually enjoyed the race from that moment on and even "like" my bike now since it got me through what I needed it to do.

Long story short... Nobody cares where you finish except for you.  I have huge amounts of respect for people who are out there giving it their best than the people who didn't even try because they didn't think they could or are worried about how they will finish.  Get out there and do it! My self talk that got me through a lot of tough training sessions this past year when I didn't want to be out there was "suck it up buttercup".  I even had my wife tell me that a couple of times when I was whining about having to workout.  Well now I pass that on to you haha - "Suck it up buttercup and get out there and race and enjoy every minute of it!"

Sorry for the tough love but I figured you need it right now -  

kruzmeister - 2012-10-02 12:08 PM Hi Team,

Tim - Good luck with the tattoo hope it turns out well for you.

KC - Glad to hear you are still breathing.

Sounds like everyone else is getting some good workouts done.

I've had a sh*t of a week and I am feeling really despondent. I start meds tomorrow and have been told they are gunna play havoc with my system for a while, the side effects sound like they are gunna be worse than the freakin bipolar and I truly wonder if I am about to make things harder for myself instead of easier. To top it off I checked the results of the first sprint from our tri club which was held a couple of weeks ago and even the slowest person was still a good 20 mins faster than my time last year. I don't mind coming last but I don't want to be humiliated every race either. Last year they packed up the finishing chute before I had a chance to cross in my last race. Our club seems to be full of rock stars and although everyone is pretty friendly I just feel like I'm kidding myself even thinking I should be racing. 18 years ago I was a middle of the packer, now I'm just painfully slow and its not from lack of effort either. I really dunno what to do at the moment. I love training but I guess I am a bit overwhelmed by it all. I was planning on doing November's race but now I'm thinking I should just wait until next season when hopefully I'm back to my normal weight (if the medication will allow) and stronger on the bike and run.

Anyway sorry for the whinge.

2012-10-03 11:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Tim - nice tat! And  I agree that a winter challenge would be nice! I'm up for anything just to keep the motivation up. Where I live it's really cold and snowy and it's waaaaay to easy to get cozy by the fire with some wine and do nothing

Simone - Tim was right with the "suck it up buttercup" saying. I say that to myself all the time. I am very slow and come in close to last in most races. I'm the slowest person in my Masters swim group, the slowest person in my cycling group, and one of the owners of the bike shop has to ride with me so that I'm not completely dropped on the course. It's very hard to constantly be last or slow but I would much rather be participating and experiencing all the joy that it brings me than sit at home feeling sorry for myself because I'm not as fast as someone else. We each have our own races in life and on the course and you just have to do the best for you and be happy with the results. Remember you are always better than you think you are!

I also think of this quote often from John Bingham “The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” Get out there and do it no matter how slow or fast you are!

2012-10-04 4:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

*swallows some concrete and hardens the f@#k up*

Yep, got the message, no problem! Tongue out

2012-10-04 3:36 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hello Team.

Just wanted to chime in and say HI. I have been missing in action a bit but have been extremely busy at work. This fall has been exceptionally busy as most are for me with my teaching duties at the college and my coaching duties. Just finished with both my men's and woman's teams at the Ontario College Athletic Association Championships, hosted right here in Windsor this past 3 days and the even was a great success. It has been a year in the planning stage but it all came off without any issues and the best news - my Woman's team brought home our first Gold Medal in Golf for our college - very proud of that! See news links below.

TIM - LOVE YOUR TAT and I LOVE YOUR BIKE TOO Laughing

SIMONE - I agree with Tim - I wish I could win every race I am in as well but that is not going to happen - I do this for me and I was very self-conscious at first with how I looked, my equipment, how I finished, what questions I asked etc. etc. but now I am not afraid to ask questions and I am not afraid to finish last. What I am afraid of is quitting because I am afraid - well guess what, I AM NOT AFRAID ANYMORE Laughing and I am proud of that. Now I am sure there are some other deep seated reasons why I do this - but when I figure those out I will share them with everyone (or not) LOL.

I am coming down with my first cold right now - run down from 3 weeks of chasing around the golf team - so I am not doing a lot of training at the moment but I plan on getting back in the pool tomorrow thank God.

Well that is it for now - if anyone is interested here are the links to my golf teams' accomplishments. Have a great weekend everyone. FYI  this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving - so - HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL MY TEAM RFP Laughing

Check out the story on CTV Windsor Sports.

http://ctvsportsextra.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/ocaa-golf-final-round/

Here is the Windsor Star story

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/10/03/mackenzie-leads-saints-to-ocaa-gold/

2012-10-04 7:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
For the record, I never mentioned anything about winning races, what I did in fact say was "I don't mind losing I just don't want to humiliate myself every race."

I defy anyone to consistently come last buy 20 mins or more every race and NOT have it affect your self confidence. I also never mentioned anything about quitting triathlon what I did mention was that maybe I should take more time to get my fitness and speed up so that when I do race I feel more confident in myself so I do enjoy it.

Quite frankly I don't give a flying rat's a** what people think of me whether I do or don't compete. I train how I want to and I race when I want to. I am not a coward just because I might happen to question my abilities at times. I've been through more sh*t in life than most people could even fathom let alone bear. I've never quit on life and I don't intend quitting on triathlon. I posted cause I was feeling really down and overwhelmed by everything, but in the future I think I will keep those feelings and doubts to myself.
2012-10-04 8:22 PM
in reply to: #4441517

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Simone.

I am sorry if what I said upset you and you are right - you never mentioned quitting. I am also guessing that you are right in regards to finishing at the bop and not having it affect my confidence. I think I just mentioned quitting because it is how I felt about a million times when I was trying to learn how to swim. I thought I would never get it and would often leave the pool letting my swim dictate how I felt about myself and often thought about just giving up.

I wish I could say I did not care what other people thought about me but I think I am getting better at not caring.

Thanks for setting me straight about you and your efforts - I deserved it and I did not mean to question your heart or courage.

I hope you accept my sincere apology and I hope your meds get you back to where you want to be, 

KC

kruzmeister - 2012-10-04 8:58 PM For the record, I never mentioned anything about winning races, what I did in fact say was "I don't mind losing I just don't want to humiliate myself every race."

I defy anyone to consistently come last buy 20 mins or more every race and NOT have it affect your self confidence. I also never mentioned anything about quitting triathlon what I did mention was that maybe I should take more time to get my fitness and speed up so that when I do race I feel more confident in myself so I do enjoy it.

Quite frankly I don't give a flying rat's a** what people think of me whether I do or don't compete. I train how I want to and I race when I want to. I am not a coward just because I might happen to question my abilities at times. I've been through more sh*t in life than most people could even fathom let alone bear. I've never quit on life and I don't intend quitting on triathlon. I posted cause I was feeling really down and overwhelmed by everything, but in the future I think I will keep those feelings and doubts to myself.

2012-10-05 3:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Thanks for the apology KC, of course it is accepted no problem, and I apologise if I sounded like I was overly defensive and attacking you personally. My rant was a general rant and not aimed at anyone in particular. It has been a very long week.

2012-10-06 11:15 PM

User image

Expert

Simone - our intentions are good here and nobody meant anything bad by what was said.  For the past 3 years we all push each other to be the best we can be.  Most posts of that nature here are usually a sign that we need a good kick in the butt to keep going.  Sorry if we misinterpreted you. 

kruzmeister - 2012-10-04 7:58 PM For the record, I never mentioned anything about winning races, what I did in fact say was "I don't mind losing I just don't want to humiliate myself every race."

2012-10-06 11:17 PM

User image

Expert
My cousin is in for the Chicago Marathon and his wife is training for a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks so I went with her on a 12 mile run this morning.  Felt good and was happy that my fitness is still good.  My knee was aching a bit after 10 miles which is weird cause that started at the IMWI.  Not really sure what it is?
2012-10-07 8:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hi Guys!  See I am still around.

Tim, nice tattoo! 

KC, great job with your golf teams!

Simone, just remember we are doing this for ourselves.  

I am up for a winter challenge also.  Currently my trainer has me working more on my abs and upper body strength along with my running.

Went for a run Thursday and during the run my ankle just started hurting like I sprained it.  I didn't roll it or step on something so I have no clue what I would have done to hurt it.  Later that evening I was telling the hubby about it and I can move my ankle with no problem, it isn't swollen but it still hurts.  He then asked me isn't that the same foot you had your stress fracture in.  Oh boy, the pain is very similar to what I experienced with the stress fracture.  I haven't ran on it in 2 days and yes, it still hurts.  I have my half marathon in a month.  I really do believe my body is trying to tell me something......take a break!

2012-10-08 9:34 AM
in reply to: #4444032

User image

Expert

Ouch - hopefully it  is not stress fractureFrown Just take it easy and hopefully a littel rest helps.  have you been running a lot with your 1/2 mary training?

krazytallchick - 2012-10-07 8:47 AM

Hi Guys!  See I am still around.

Tim, nice tattoo! 

KC, great job with your golf teams!

Simone, just remember we are doing this for ourselves.  

I am up for a winter challenge also.  Currently my trainer has me working more on my abs and upper body strength along with my running.

Went for a run Thursday and during the run my ankle just started hurting like I sprained it.  I didn't roll it or step on something so I have no clue what I would have done to hurt it.  Later that evening I was telling the hubby about it and I can move my ankle with no problem, it isn't swollen but it still hurts.  He then asked me isn't that the same foot you had your stress fracture in.  Oh boy, the pain is very similar to what I experienced with the stress fracture.  I haven't ran on it in 2 days and yes, it still hurts.  I have my half marathon in a month.  I really do believe my body is trying to tell me something......take a break!

2012-10-08 9:37 AM

User image

Expert

Had a great day spectating at the Chicago Marathon yesterday.  I did find myself wishing I was out there racing and told my wife i was gonna race it next yearLaughing.  Although I did determine that it is much more fun to race it then to spectate. I also learned that my wife has truly become a "professional" spectator haha.  She was cheering and yelling and ringing that damn cowbell all day but it was great.

My cousin ran a 3:37 which was awesome for his first marathon.

2012-10-09 10:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Sorry Simone. I was just trying to share my feelings and experience to help (I thought) with what you were feeling. I hope things are better and I apologize.

kruzmeister - 2012-10-04 6:58 PM For the record, I never mentioned anything about winning races, what I did in fact say was "I don't mind losing I just don't want to humiliate myself every race."

2012-10-09 4:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I decided not to do the HM in 4 weeks and my coach agreed with my decision as I have a lot of my plate and trying to squeeze training in is crazy.  I too hope it is not a stress fracture but it sure feels like one and I am holding myself to not running on it for 2 weeks.  This will be hard for me but it is a must.  

Simone, where are you?  How is the training?

Hope everyone is doing well!

2012-10-10 2:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Jen and Tim - No dramas, as with KC my apologies for being overly sensitive, I appreciate you were only trying to help.

KTC - I'm still here, just been busy dealing with life, training and the flu (side effect from my new meds, apparently you have to get sick to get well?!). Hope the leg is feeling better.

The local tri coach's hubby is competing at IM Kona WC this weekend, I'm hoping to start doing some training with them next month. They are lovely people and a credit to the sport, both started tris in their early 40's and both in their late 40's have now competed in Hawaii. Dreams do come true and if anyone can get me to and through an IM it will be Jac and Russ!

Hope everyone is travelling well.

2012-10-16 10:46 AM

User image

Expert

So how is everyone doing?  My tattoo is finally almost done healing so I am itching to get back into the swing of things.  It scabbed up on the "dot" and is taking forever to fall off.  I have been avoiding the pool for the last two weeks.  It ahs been kind of nice to just take a break.  i haven't gained any weight so that is good but I am sure that won't last for much longer so I need to get my arse in gear!

I am gonna start slowly this week then pick it up next week.

Does anyone have any races coming up for the rest of the year?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » RFP GROUP - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 39