in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by bcraht
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by switch Hahaha! Guess what two songs came on Pandora on the way to my race today? Baby Got Back and Hip Hop Horray. I chit you not. I was cracking the fach up. Made me think of all y'all and warmed my heart. One of the many things I was grateful for today. Hugs Hard Corers.

How'd the race go?

Once I got past the swim it was a blast (I have a mini RR in the tri forum right now).Ready to get back at it, but my neck is still really hurting. It almost feels like whiplash. I haven't done core since last Wednesday because of it :/ I may need to start over. Yes, I think I will

Wow, great time and podium to boot!  Congratulations

Thanks Hey, maybe you guys can help me with this. I thought "podium" was just for overall top 3, not AG. I don't want to be a total dumbazz

2013-07-22 4:37 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
http://fitnesstreats.tumblr.com/post/55602579079/slow-motion-core-w... I'm in a slow-mo kinda mood today and thought this would be interesting to try
2013-07-22 5:33 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by switch Hahaha! Guess what two songs came on Pandora on the way to my race today? Baby Got Back and Hip Hop Horray. I chit you not. I was cracking the fach up. Made me think of all y'all and warmed my heart. One of the many things I was grateful for today. Hugs Hard Corers.

How'd the race go?

Once I got past the swim it was a blast (I have a mini RR in the tri forum right now).Ready to get back at it, but my neck is still really hurting. It almost feels like whiplash. I haven't done core since last Wednesday because of it :/ I may need to start over. Yes, I think I will

Thanks Hey, maybe you guys can help me with this. I thought "podium" was just for overall top 3, not AG. I don't want to be a total dumbazz

lol yeaaaah, I dunno about that one. I always feel a podium is overall top 3 (within gender) but it seems either tri or maybe just BT generally has podiums within podiums (I'm thinking of Jareth on the stairs in Labyrinth)

I think you can interpret that however you would like. Didja get to stand on the short step? Wink

2013-07-22 5:36 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

How'd the race go?

Once I got past the swim it was a blast :) (I have a mini RR in the tri forum right now).Ready to get back at it, but my neck is still really hurting. It almost feels like whiplash. I haven't done core since last Wednesday because of it :/ I may need to start over. Yes, I think I will :)

Thanks:) Hey, maybe you guys can help me with this. I thought "podium" was just for overall top 3, not AG. I don't want to be a total dumbazz;)

lol yeaaaah, I dunno about that one. I always feel a podium is overall top 3 (within gender) but it seems either tri or maybe just BT generally has podiums within podiums (I'm thinking of Jareth on the stairs in Labyrinth)

I think you can interpret that however you would like. Didja get to stand on the short step? Wink

No...no short step. Even when I've placed overall there's been no step! Lol. I think I'm with you on this Salty; podium means overall. I just need to work harder and earn that "podium" verbiage; )
2013-07-22 5:45 PM

User image

Seattle

I was somehow able to get in my core during the Ragnar relay. Which is a miracle considering all of the shennanigans and lack of sleep.

Here is a pretty sweet pic of me about to hurdle my friend, who looks like a total creeper in this photo hahaha

2013-07-22 5:46 PM

User image

Seattle

How'd the race go?

No...no short step. Even when I've placed overall there's been no step! Lol. I think I'm with you on this Salty; podium means overall. I just need to work harder and earn that "podium" verbiage; )

Or maybe there needs to be a literal podium for it to count Smile

2013-07-22 7:48 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I was somehow able to get in my core during the Ragnar relay. Which is a miracle considering all of the shennanigans and lack of sleep.

Here is a pretty sweet pic of me about to hurdle my friend, who looks like a total creeper in this photo hahaha

lol! That is faching hilarious. What the hell? Sweet pic of you, btw. How was your race?
2013-07-22 10:45 PM

User image

Master

lol! That is faching hilarious. What the hell? Sweet pic of you, btw. How was your race?

Hurdle or punt?  Innocent

Either way, it is a great pic. lol

2013-07-23 6:22 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

How'd the race go?

I have found that triathlon is like life. People make stuff up and that is fine. If you consider it a podium, GREAT! If you don't, GREAT!  It is your race, your finish, your experience, and no one can do anything to make it better or worse than it is. Enjoy whatever you think it is. You earned it.

2013-07-23 7:49 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

For those of us who will never sniff the overall top 3 (read: MSU_Brad, I like to think of it as placing in any way. I really think it is contextual. If you say that you want to "podium", I might assume overall. I know in certain races, however, I have a chance to "podium in my AG". If the race gives out awards for the top 3 in each AG, then why not accept it as a podium finish? There's a reason they do give those out, so take it if it is applicable!

And I got my abs in last night. More tonight to help me get caught up.
2013-07-23 9:02 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Love the socks!

2013-07-23 9:06 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

How'd the race go?

It's podium.  C'mon...everyone gets a medal...everyone is a WINNER!!!  Innocent

Actually, IMHO if you get top 3 in your gender/AG, I call that podium.  Especially if you have a lot of competition.

2013-07-23 9:21 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
90 minutes this morinng in the oven getting yelled at for doing yoga wrong.  Smile
2013-07-23 9:55 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master

Originally posted by jmhpsu93 90 minutes this morinng in the oven getting yelled at for doing yoga wrong.  Smile

Wow, that sounds sooo....relaxing? Surprised

2013-07-23 10:16 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
OK, so yesterday's "slow" core workout took 30min to do three rounds with some stretching between. I was feeling it by round 3.  Today I am looking forward to yoga...the class part AND dropping off the kids at daycare Wink 
2013-07-23 12:13 PM

User image

Seattle

Thanks! Yeah I love how perfectly the BEER reads. Love this pic!

Pretty much the whole event was a big WTF? Which I love. It was really fun! I did quite a bit of running as I picked up some of our teams miles for them (we had a bunch of newbs) but I was certainly not complaining.

Notably I ate 3 HUGE pieces of french toast with fresh butter and syrup and two over easy eggs immediately before this run. I've certainly found my calling.

2013-07-23 1:26 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Made it through teaching core class (and cycle) yesterday despite feeling a bit like I was going to pass out, especially during cycle.  I told the class sorry if I seemed out of it but they all said if I wasn't on my A game they didn't notice.

I can't decide what to do for my core workout after running today.  I'm so bored of the stability ball, planks, roll ups and V-ups.

2013-07-23 1:32 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

Made it through teaching core class (and cycle) yesterday despite feeling a bit like I was going to pass out, especially during cycle.  I told the class sorry if I seemed out of it but they all said if I wasn't on my A game they didn't notice.

I can't decide what to do for my core workout after running today.  I'm so bored of the stability ball, planks, roll ups and V-ups.

You're in a gym, right? Go do everything on the back extension thingy and the decline bench.  If you're bored doing that, I hate you

2013-07-23 1:34 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

You're in a gym, right? Go do everything on the back extension thingy and the decline bench.  If you're bored doing that, I hate you

I forgot to mention the main reason I asked for exercises!  Today I'm at home and only have a med ball, stability ball and dumbbells as my equipment Laughing

2013-07-23 1:41 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I forgot to mention the main reason I asked for exercises!  Today I'm at home and only have a med ball, stability ball and dumbbells as my equipment Laughing

1)Do a youtube search for the most uber 80s aerobics video you can find.

2)Do the abs prtion.  Get some benefit from the exercises, some benefit from laughing your azz off at all the 80s fabulousness. 

2013-07-23 1:51 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

2)Do the abs prtion.  Get some benefit from the exercises, some benefit from laughing your azz off at all the 80s fabulousness. 

I don't know if this really relates to core at all but here's the first one that came up and get ready roll on the ground laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A

2013-07-23 2:57 PM

User image

Master
Woohoo!!!! The awesome instructor with real music was filling in again today. Two more weeks til I can take her Wednesday morning class...CAN'T WAIT Laughing I think at least half her stretches were new to me. Very cool since, after a month, I was getting a little tired of the same things.
2013-07-23 3:39 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

You're in a gym, right? Go do everything on the back extension thingy and the decline bench.  If you're bored doing that, I hate you;)

I don't know if this really relates to core at all but here's the first one that came up and get ready roll on the ground laughing:

37 seconds in and I am crying.  Did those guys ever get laid? 

There is so much wonderfully wrong with that.  Strong work, good find.

2013-07-23 6:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Oh yes...by each other Laughing

Edited by noelle1230 2013-07-23 6:41 PM
2013-07-24 7:20 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Oh yes...by each other Laughing

Lol. Right? I think I may have a plan for Halloween though...
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10582 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.